• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ridley the magic dragon lived by Lava Seas
And frolicked in the burning mist in a land called Ze-bes,
Little Samus Aran loved that rascal Ridley,
And brought him strings and sealing wax and other property

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I'd love to see Metroid represented in any way in the next Wreck it Ralph, considering how cool Hero's Duty ended up looking in the movie.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

That raises an interesting point.
Would Ridley be like Ralph, Bowser, M. Bison, etc. in that he's only a villain during the game, or would be be like a Cy-Bug where he knows nothing but to kill and destroy?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I would really like to know how Ridley would be portayed in the story too!

thats if he gets in well even if hes doesnt get in as playable i bet Sakurai will try sugar coat it all by making him play a rather big role in the story.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Samus should of coarse have a 'faithful encounter' with Ridley, and destroy him. Possibly with a partner (voting DK, Retro duo!) and when he gets defeated, Ganondorf could revive him with his magic. Ridley then serves him (perhaps by fighting Link at some point togheter with Ganondorf?), and gets his armor to be Meta Rildey / whoever Ridley. After this gain of power, Ridley leaves Ganon to get revenge on Samus. When Samus and team (?) defeat(s) him again, Samus blasts Ridley's armor of and wishes to finish him, but something story related interupts (perhaps Beast Ganon wants revenge on Ridley?) so Ridley goes angy and **** and wants to fight whatever comes at the team and becomes playable.

Fr3aky Fight3r

Smash Rookie
I know I might get shot for saying this, but what about if Ridley was in his adolescent form from Other M as playable?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yeah...no. Ridley is more known for his winged form, and there's realy no reason that his winged form couldn't work.
I would rather have no ridley then little birdy or that lizard ridley..

Also would rather have no metroid rep then having anthony..

That wouldnt even feel like a kick to the face..not even a falcon kick..

A super mushroomed metal Ganondorf Wizard kick to the face at 999/ Damage.

Thats what it would feel like to me if 1 of the two things i mentioned above happen...

Fr3aky Fight3r

Smash Rookie
Yeah...no. Ridley is more known for his winged form, and there's realy no reason that his winged form couldn't work.
Well I sort of thought it MAYBE could've work like a Zelda/Sheik kind of thing. Like the Adolescent form could be more quicker but weaker, while Ridley's real form can be slower and more stronger. But that's just me I guess. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would rather have no ridley then little birdy or that lizard ridley..

Also would rather have no metroid rep then having anthony..

That wouldnt even feel like a kick to the face..not even a falcon kick..

A super mushroomed metal Ganondorf Wizard kick to the face at 999/ Damage.

Thats what it would feel like to me if 1 of the two things i mentioned above happen...

Awww c'mon, Anthony is awesome.

You KNOW you want him in Smash to see who has the best taunts between him and C.Falcon. :cool:

'SHOW YA MOVES!'

'Rememba me?'

'SHOW YA MOVES!'

'YOU GOT NO STYLE!'

'C'MON!'

Best. Thing. Ever.

And every Anthony vs Falcon match should start that way.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Awww c'mon, Anthony is awesome.

You KNOW you want him in Smash to see who has the best taunts between him and C.Falcon. :cool:

'SHOW YA MOVES!'

'Rememba me?'

'SHOW YA MOVES!'

'YOU GOT NO STYLE!'

'C'MON!'

Best. Thing. Ever.

And every Anthony vs Falcon match should start that way.
You have your opnion i have mine sorry..i stand by what i said 100/

D

Deleted member

The only reason why anyone would like Anthony at that point is because he's black.

Until he becomes a major recurring character, he's no better than the likes of Noxus, who at least was playable in his one-shot appearance.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
We did, you just didn't remember him. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Also because he's supposedly a close friend of Samus.
Father Figure > Close Friend No One Knew

Which puts Adam and Gray Voice above Anthony.

EDIT: Man, Gray Voice would be so cool to have...

Hell, like how Ridley is the reason Samus is a bounty hunter, Gray Voice is the reason she has Chozo DNA (he donated his own).

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Damn, yeah. If some of the others like Gray Voice were actually in a game or two and not manga exclusive (unless you count the little chicken scratch carving of them at the end of Zero Mission), they'd probably be as liked as the likable black guy of the franchise, if not more-so. A shame that the best of Ridley is only in the manga too, but I guess that's part of what makes the manga fascinating compared to the usual storylines of the games.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Adam and Grey Voice never had the balls to stand up against Ridley though. :smirk:
Or even better, they wouldn't stand a chance surviving a direct attack from him.

Plus, ice moves, a huge plasma gun and the potential to be a (much heavier, much slower) Luigified ZZS clone kinda puts Anthony in the 'easier to implement' range of characters. Plus, who wouldn't love his taunts? Taunts make the MAN in Smash!

And really, if Ridley and Anthony both make it in, I will ALWAYS start a match against Ridley with Anthony saying: YOU GOT NO STYLE! If I get my *** whooped afterwards, I at least made Anthony say his peace.

Gonna replay Other M after Super Metroid because **** you haters. :reverse:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Damn, yeah. If some of the others like Gray Voice were actually in a game or two and not manga exclusive (unless you count the little chicken scratch carving of them at the end of Zero Mission), they'd probably be as liked as the likable black guy of the franchise, if not more-so. A shame that the best of Ridley is only in the manga too, but I guess that's part of what makes the manga fascinating compared to the usual storylines of the games.
Great, now I'm going to beg Nintendo to put Gray Voice in a prequel. ;_;

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Adam and Grey Voice never had the balls to stand up against Ridley though. :smirk:
Or even better, they wouldn't stand a chance surviving a direct attack from him.
You were saying?

Not only did Gray Voice fight against Ridley, but held his own against him, as you can see above. Also survived getting impaled by Ridley's tail, so he's a pretty tough-as-nails Chozo, despite getting killed against Rids later on.

Next time though research what a character has actually done before you go saying something like about that them. Will save you from future embarrassment.

Plus, ice moves, a huge plasma gun and the potential to be a (much heavier, much slower) Luigified ZZS clone kinda puts Anthony in the 'easier to implement' range of characters. Plus, who wouldn't love his taunts? Taunts make the MAN in Smash!

And really, if Ridley and Anthony both make it in, I will ALWAYS start a match against Ridley with Anthony saying: YOU GOT NO STYLE! If I get my *** whooped afterwards, I at least made Anthony say his peace.

Gonna replay Other M after Super Metroid because **** you haters. :reverse:
Any ice gun Anthony were to have would pale compared to Rundas's ice abilities (we'd be better off having Rundas if you want another ice-themed fighter), and his big plasma gun would probably only be a final smash at best; can't really see it being a special move or at least a reliable one due to the long recharge time that thing has. Still wouldn't mind having Anthony though, but there's plenty other more significant characters in the series than him besides Ridley that exist. So until or unless Anthony makes it in another Metroid game or more, he's just another flavor-of-the-month for now.

Not being a hater. Just telling you know, the truth.

Great, now I'm going to beg Nintendo to put Gray Voice in a prequel. ;_;

A said prequel would also need to have Old Bird. Wonder whatever happened to him later in the timeline...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
We are now only five months away from E3 2013. Five months away from a possible confirmation for Ridley. To think that we are so close, yet so far away from finally having Ridley as a playable character in Smash Bros.

I really can't wait. I am hoping we get Mega Man unveiled as well (my second most wanted newcomer). Fortunately, both Ridley and Mega Man are among the most likely characters to be chosen for a Smash 4 unveil.

Its really going to be something when finally have the first new characters confirmed for Smash Bros. in over five years. I still remember anticipating Smash 3's unveil and really hoping Ridley would be among the first newcomers unveiled. I was really happy that several of the characters I really wanted for Smash 3 (Wario, Meta Knight, Pit) were confirmed in the Brawl unveil, so I was still very hyped despite no Ridley.

At this point though, there are no characters really left that I could excited about aside from Ridley (its pretty much just Mega Man, looking at true newcomers). I will be happy with the Smash 4 unveil if we get at least one of Ridley or Mega Man. I am personally crossing my fingers for both though.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Sounds great! Though I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What characters would even be revealed at E3? I'd imagine Ridley would be the flashy villainous newcomer like Metaknight and Bowser before him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Embarrasment, I have felt.

However, I did not expect any one bad *** enough to stand up to Ridley. Alas, he didn't survive.
Anthony did.
A Chozo character in general would be interessting.

Anyways, he would've been DA BEST if he would've just appeared in an actual Metroid game.

D

Deleted member

Anthony only survived because Ridley didn't actually try to kill him directly, but only sent him off the platform into the lava below to let him die by that.

Ridley didn't see much worth in getting his claws dirty with him. :smirk:

D

Deleted member

Ridley fought both Anthony and Gray Voice. Within context, talking about them in terms of Ridley is on-topic.

Unless of course, talking about anyone other than Ridley himself is off-topic, at which point, Samus should be discussed in the Samus thread only. :troll:

Top Bottom