• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If anything im sure we can all Agree that Kraid deserves more love..he was meant to be a boss in Prime1. He is a crazy mofo and even though has very little appearences he still is important to the story being 1 of the Metroid Triforce if you know what i mean.

1.Mother Brain
2.Ridley
3.Kraid

Kraid in the Prime series would have been so nuts its not even funny!!!

Above all Ridley is someone you can easily argument against if you dont have much knowledge of the metroid series then other chars.

I could assume that Ridley will be a tough challenge to make work . Work right and comfortable that is.
:phone:

nessokman

Smash Lord
So your argument is that the basis of all metroid games is samus and Ridley hating each other? Ridley isn't in 3 of the games...I do believe he can only be credited as commander of space pirates And causing samus to become a bounty hunter.the entire series does not revolve around their conflict like your Ridley fanboy logic wishes.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
EDIT2: Also, I'm pretty sure Mother Brain wasn't part of the Pirates during the attack on Samus' homeworld.
Just to clear that part up, yeah, that was quite awhile before she went rogue on the Chozo and became part of the Pirates. Mother was still friendly and stuff when she interacted with kid Samus through that little floating monitor. And who knows how many planets Ridley conquered or led attacks on before doing the same to Samus's homeworld.

If we were to actually somehow have Mother Brain over Ridley then they'd might as well replace Wolf with Andross too! YEARH!!!

So your argument is that the basis of all metroid games is samus and Ridley hating each other? Ridley isn't in 3 of the games...I do believe he can only be credited as commander of space pirates And causing samus to become a bounty hunter.the entire series does not revolve around their conflict like your Ridley fanboy logic wishes.

No one claimed that their hatred was the basis of all games or that the whole series has revolved just around their conflict. You're putting words in people's mouths now, and fanboy? It's always funny when people put themselves on a highhorse, especially those that have piss poor arguments to begin with.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I applaud this guy though simply because hes making these forums abit more fun and more active.

Reguardless of whatever hes saying thanks dude keep strong.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

1. No one claimed that the Ridley and Samus' hatred was the basis for all the games.

2. Don't put words in people's mouths.

3. Yeah, i came off as a douche bag. so i edited number three.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
1. No one claimed that the Ridley and Samus' hatred was the basis for all the games.

2. Don't put words in people's mouths.

3. Your arguments were terrible and you should feel bad.
Loool i just watched you edit your last line into something cruel..loool

Allow him man everyones entitled to there own opnions no matter how much they defy logic or how biased they are..its what makes opnions cool and fun.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Loool i just watched you edit your last line into something cruel..loool

Allow him man everyones entitled to there own opnions no matter how much they defy logic or how biased they are..its what makes opnions cool and fun.

Opinions =/= arguments dude. He can believe Ridley's too big. It's his opinion and he's entitled to it. But arguing is a different place all together. Especially when he's putting words in people's mouths and not presenting good arguments.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I applaud this guy though simply because hes making these forums abit more fun and more active.

Reguardless of whatever hes saying thanks dude keep strong.

Making it more fun? How? And more active? Yeah, though not in a good way. Better for this thread to still be dead or resting than for it to be active again for the wrong reasons, especially if the current "argument" is all we're gonna get out of it.

I know I'm not alone in that thinking.

3. Yeah, i came off as a douche bag. so i edited number three.
I think you said the right thing before the edit actually and that he deserved it, but whatever.

D

Deleted member

OH MY GOD Ridley isn't in 3 games!
That means he's not important!!! :rolleyes:

Tell me how many games in the series Mother Brain has been in. And no, MB from Other M doesn't count.

Here, I'll do it for you.
1. Metroid/Metroid Zero Mission
2. Super Metroid

Those are her only real appearances. While Other M has a retelling of the final scene in Super Metroid, it doesn't count as a true appearance; only a cameo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, Firebrand is 3rd party, and from Capcom. Capcom have more well liked characters like Mega Man

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Uh...no. As others have said already, no one said anything like that. The only thing I said was that it was a part of the story. No one EVER said the ENTIRE story.

Something I learned about debating a topic, is that once someone starts making things up or repeats arguments/ abandon old points that they brought up originally, is that the opposing side wins that argument.

It is opinion when you say stuff like "I think Ridley is too big." However, when you say "Ridley is too big. He shouldn't be in the game. He doesn't matter." That is NOT opinion, and if it is, it isn't introduced properly. Stating your opinion as fact isn't relevant to any argument/debate. It helps if you know your stuff before entering an argument as well, as it usually doesn't result in making an *** out of yourself.

/rant

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It is opinion when you say stuff like "I think Ridley is too big." However, when you say "Ridley is too big. He shouldn't be in the game. He doesn't matter." That is NOT opinion, and if it is, it isn't introduced properly. Stating your opinion as fact isn't relevant to any argument/debate. It helps if you know your stuff before entering an argument as well, as it usually doesn't result in making an *** out of yourself.

/rant
It's not even an opinion to say he's too big for SSB4 because all characters in SSBB were resized for fighting standards (Big example is Bowser). So, it's not really an opinion, it's false overall.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Olimar is a bigger example of an extreme resize.

Kirby and Dedede have also been resized.

Although I HAVE seen people complain about Olimar being resized for Brawl

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pikachu is too big in Smash. If Ridley gets in, I hope others are also made smaller for better balance. Not a troll post, just my thoughts on this. Bowser also can be bigger I feel.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A Challenger Approaches!!

We'll see who's the Strongest now. :glare:

Good to see you back though bro.

Little Birdie loves to eat honey btw. Does that mean Ridley isn't completely a carnivour?

D

Deleted member

I always believed Ridley was an omnivore. He eats whatever the Hell he wants.
Cuz' he's f-ing RIDLEY, *******. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Which is basically... nothing? By the looks of how skinny Ridley is, I wouldn't be surprised if Samus' parents where the last thing he ate. Maybe he's just critical?

Honey seems to bulk him up a lot though. :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But anyways, I liked the battle against him in Other M.

Haven't reached him in Super Metroid yet though.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Ridley is a giant bird..to make THAT fit in to the combat system would be miserable.deciding weight and moves would be terrible.Hes already better as a Bawse.lol legit. GANON works as a fighter.ridley wouldn't fit fighting alongside goodie two shoes and 2 or 3 other villains.

. If it were some special mode to playas him, id jump at the idea!

I doubt he would work as a primary playable character.i wouldn't get your hopes up in getting him. King K. Would be a better choice.

MB should count because it has mother Brian's artificial intelligence.

Now then, I haven't Beaten super metroid in about one and a half years and I feel like speed running.if you'll excuse me, I have a game to restart.mother brain you're going down.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Stated this already before, but the actual Ganon also wouldn't be quite fit to make it in as a playable character. And I feel Ridley could be considered to be in the same boat. He's got almost as much going for him as against. I'd say his inclusion is still about 50 / 50 chance.

Gonna play Super Metroid now to. :samus:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Stated this already before, but the actual Ganon also wouldn't be quite fit to make it in as a playable character. And I feel Ridley could be considered to be in the same boat. He's got almost as much going for him as against. I'd say his inclusion is still about 50 / 50 chance.

Gonna play Super Metroid now to. :samus:
super metroid FTW :samus:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ridley is a giant bird..to make THAT fit in to the combat system would be miserable.deciding weight and moves would be terrible.Hes already better as a Bawse.lol legit. GANON works as a fighter.ridley wouldn't fit fighting alongside goodie two shoes and 2 or 3 other villains.

Funny. I don't remember seeing birds like that.

Last time I checked he was supposed to be a dragon. Like Charizard. A playable character. Charizard plays just fine. Ridley can too.

Then again I don't really think you're serious. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, recently it WAS discovered that pterodactyls where more bird-like than other dinosaurs, so in a way he's right. :troll:

There's also Little Wittle Birdie Pirdie, and he's a bird obviously. Kinda like a mutated Furby if you'd like.

HEY!

KOKO!

I'm gonna eat your ****ing face if you turn away just one second! :evil:

There's a difference between Charizard and Ridley though. But yeah, Zard is the most alike out of any character in Smash right now.

D

Deleted member

@nessokman
Learn to type. Trying to read that dribble is killing brain cells.

Hell, seeing what you have to say is killing brain cells over the sheer stupidity of it.
But, I will adress each ******** point.

"Ridley is a giant bird..to make THAT fit in to the combat system would be miserable."
First of all, he's a dragon.
Second of all:

Bowser is a MASSIVE turtle.
How is something like this:

even possible, while something like this:

is not?
Also, Melee was capable of making a giant fighter work. Remember Giga Bowser?

So even if Ridley was a giant in comparison to the other fighters, what's the problem again?

"deciding weight and moves would be terrible."
And you know this...how exactly? Are you a game developer? Doesn't really seem like you know what you're talking about.
Especially when you factor that weight really isn't an issue due to the sheer inconsistance of it in Smash. (:snake: heavier than :charizard:? Wut?) and the fact that lardbutts like Bowser are capable of working just fine.
And moves? Have you not seen a Ridley moveset to save your life?
Here's an Alpha (as in, not yet fully tweaked) of a Ridley PSA for Brawl using the moveset from the Super Smash Bros. Crusade fangame. There's still some bugs and fixes to be made over all before it's finished. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxVkSaVgm1A&list=UUkQLyhapdNYBTBtCUCxJ-2w&index=2
And that's not even factoring that Ridley has a scale hardening technique in Other M that can be used as well. And a plasma breath weapon. Neither are in this moveset, but they are still viable options.

"Hes already better as a Bawse.lol legit."
Yes, because a pair of crappy boss fights that rip-off Dyna Blade is SO MUCH better than having a badass like Ridley as a playable character. :rolleyes:
Bowser and Ganondorf would be better as bosses too.LOL LEGIT.

"GANON works as a fighter."
By what logic does Ganondorf work as a fighter while Ridley doesn't.
He's always been a boss in the Zelda series, he's pretty much got the power of a god, and he's HUGE. I mean, he has to frigging HUNCH OVER in order to clash swords with Link.

Note that he's smaller in Brawl.
And if it's because "lol gannon iz r HOOMAN an ridlee iz r BURD", need I remind you that a character with a similar body type to Ridley is playable in Brawl?

"ridley wouldn't fit fighting alongside goodie two shoes and 2 or 3 other villains."
Gag me with a spork.
So because Ridley is a villain, he shouldn't be in. Well then, let's not add ANY new villains then. They wouldn't fit fighting alongside goodie two shoes and 2 or 3 other villains.

"King K. Would be a better choice."
He shares the same "problems" you have with Ridley, so this is heavily hypocritical!
-He's HUGE.

-Deciding weight and moves would be "horrible".
He's a bigger fatty than DK, and DK's already the 2nd heaviest character in the game. K. Rool would be TOO heavy, making Bowser seem like Jigglypuff in comparison.
And what's he going to do, toss his crown at people? Lol.
-He wouldn't fit fighting alongside goodie two shoes and 2 or 3 other villains.
The croc is frigging INSANE. He tried stealing all of DK's bananas so he would starve just so he could occupy DK's treehouse! He kidnaps and even TORTURES DK! He kidnaps DK and Diddy to use as a power source for his robot made out of pots and pans! He tries to BLOW UP THE WHOLE DAMN DK ISLAND when all that fails!
And you think he should fight alongside others?!

So seriously, shut up your nonsense or just leave this thread and never return.

EDIT: Oh great, I'm going to be infracted for this, aren't I? At this point, I really don't care. All of this just needed to be said.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I wouldn't waste your time Golden. From what I've learned, you can't argue with stupid. They will continue using stupid logic, and not understanding true logic.

As I said on the previous page, once someone continues to change their argument and ignores the other arguments that you have already shot down, they have lost the argument. So don't waste your breathe. Good points though, and I agree completely.

D

Deleted member

Wait, you're actually agreeing with what I said? 0_o I was for sure that what I had said would raise issue...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, I get how some people don't support a character, but when you mix opinion with facts, and then can't structure an actually good argument, then you shouldn't say anything. It usually ends up just blowing up in the persons face.

Especially because this isn't GameFAQS. There are people on here who actually think logically, and who I can respect based on their information. It's even funny sometimes how badly people get shut down when they attempt to argue on here.

This is basically another reason why I will maintain, that mixing your opinion with fact =/= speculating. Speculating can include opinion, but not when it becomes "fact". That doesn't work. If you can use facts to back your opinion, that is different.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Sorry for the jibberish, I was on my terrible phone......

I doubt ridley would make it, he has had cameos in past smashes and a boss fight in brawl. Need I also bring back the topic that giga bowser wasn't playable under regular circumstances in melee if I recall right.

Also, bowser has been many, many, many, MANY sizes outside the smash series. Some of which are not all that big. Ganon isn't that big. He is a humanoid.(figured saying that would be better than other things ^^) Ganon is probably what? seven feet tall? He's tall but not GIANT like you hyperbolize him to be. Hell I only think he was giant when he turned into beast ganon, and he was still a freaking pushover. That Is a rant for a different time :D

ANYWHO!!!!!!!!!!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
...Ridley has been resized too, from about the same height of Samus to much larger. that was the point of pointing out Bowser's many size changes. So really the "too big" argument isn't a good one.

BTW, Ganondorf is more of the referral to the humanoid version, while Ganon (pig demon) is much larger. Just saying, that's at least how I look at it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also, bowser has been many, many, many, MANY sizes outside the smash series. Some of which are not all that big.
So has Ridley. In the original Metroid, Fusion and Other M, he is much smaller than some of his other appearances.

Carolus Rex

Smash Cadet
Lol I love the size argument.
Seriously when one of these shows up, just post a picture of Captain Olimar and kill it from the start.

nessokman

Smash Lord
...Ridley has been resized too, from about the same height of Samus to much larger. that was the point of pointing out Bowser's many size changes. So really the "too big" argument isn't a good one.

BTW, Ganondorf is more of the referral to the humanoid version, while Ganon (pig demon) is much larger. Just saying, that's at least how I look at it.
I'm very well aware. I've beated OOT and am working on master quest and beating the regular game again. However the normal ganon is the one that people think of when they hear ganondorf. Or at least I do.

It seems as though you're getting your expectations and hopes up a bit to much. I doubt he gets in, but even if he does there will be something about him they mess up. Every char has something that could have been done better that people pick on over and over. He won't meet your expectations. God knows people expect a character such as ridley to be PERFECTION! They will tear him apart and go through his entire moveset pointing out moves they don't like and etc. I would prefer if Ridley kept his honor and fought as a boss.

Top Bottom