• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

Even better would be the one from one of the manuals that compared Olimar to Mario. But I can't find that one.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I doubt ridley would make it, he has had cameos in past smashes and a boss fight in brawl. Need I also bring back the topic that giga bowser wasn't playable under regular circumstances in melee if I recall right.
As if Smash has to keep to any certain pattern with particular characters. Charizard was just a pokeball in the first two smashes.

Giga Bowser wasn't, though that was beside the point that was being made.

Also, bowser has been many, many, many, MANY sizes outside the smash series. Some of which are not all that big. Ganon isn't that big. He is a humanoid.(figured saying that would be better than other things ^^) Ganon is probably what? seven feet tall? He's tall but not GIANT like you hyperbolize him to be. Hell I only think he was giant when he turned into beast ganon, and he was still a freaking pushover. That Is a rant for a different time :D
As others have said, so does Ridley.

Derp. Given what you previously said on Ridley's size, it's surprising you seem to even know the meaning of hyperbole. Derp-a-derp-derp @ the rest.

It seems as though you're getting your expectations and hopes up a bit to much. I doubt he gets in, but even if he does there will be something about him they mess up. Every char has something that could have been done better that people pick on over and over. He won't meet your expectations. God knows people expect a character such as ridley to be PERFECTION! They will tear him apart and go through his entire moveset pointing out moves they don't like and etc. I would prefer if Ridley kept his honor and fought as a boss.
Doubt or prefer what you want to, but no one here sure as hell ain't expecting Ridley to be perfection as a fighter if he gets in. That would be one of the only ways we'd get our expectations and hopes up too high as far as him, and after seeing how he was just a Dnya Blade 2.0 as a boss in Brawl, plenty of us feel even more justified to prefer him as a playable now.

And you used honor and Ridley in the same sentence? What madness is dis guiz?!

nessokman

Smash Lord
Derp. Given what you previously said on Ridley's size, it's surprising you seem to even know the meaning of hyperbole. Derp-a-derp-derp @ the rest.
Hyperbole: An extreme exaggeration.

ex: That stove is hotter than the sun.

And you used honor and Ridley in the same sentence? What madness is dis guiz?!

Furthermore, I found a GIF that will properly show you what you will all look like if Ridley doesn't make it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
doh i mad!
j/k

That looks a bit more what you'll look like if Ridley does make it. =o

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ridley's inclusion would mean that the Smash team has finally 'matured' in making moveset. That's if, if they can make him balanced of coarse. Therefore, I wanna see him in mostly. Also, to see wether they actually listen to fan demand or not.

D

Deleted member

Furthermore, I found a GIF that will properly show you what you will all look like if Ridley doesn't make it.
That's more or less the face I am making having to read more of your idiotic and flawed logic after already telling off the other crap.

This is my face if Ridley doesn't make it in. Or anyone that should have been in that didn't make it other than Mewtwo.

This is my face if Mewtwo doesn't return.

nessokman

Smash Lord
That's more or less the face I am making having to read more of your idiotic and flawed logic after already telling off the other crap.

This is my face if Ridley doesn't make it in. Or anyone that should have been in that didn't make it other than Mewtwo.

This is my face if Mewtwo doesn't return.
Idiotic? I think not sir. Your own logic is blurred by your obsession with the inclusion of ridley.

BTW I want Mewtwo back so much. He was the only char in melee I got into playing.

D

Deleted member

My logic is backed by facts, stupid.
Your logic is backed by hypocracy and statements that aren't worth the keys they are typed on.

EDIT: Aside from that, Ridley's not even one of my most wanted characters. Does he deserve it? Yes. Will I be dissapointed if he doesn't make it? Yes. But he's not a major character for me.
So really, quit talking out your *** and just leave the thread. You have no business being here.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
shoot man don't make me choose between Ridley and Spider-Man

I WONT DO IT
Spider-Ridley! Spider-Ridley! Does whatever a Spider-Ridley does!!! ;) :grin: :awesome:
Although I HAVE seen people complain about Olimar being resized for Brawl
I think it would be cool if Olimar and the Pikmin were half their current size, and characters like Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, and Kirby were smaller (quicker, and much weaker). Also, I wish Charizard was smaller, and DK and Bowser were about 25% bigger. I just want more variety in character sizes and weights, though; I'm weird like that. ;)
Ridley really doesn't have much of a resume.im rusty on Ridley history
Then shut up and asks questions! Stop giving your opinions that stand on things that are simply false, like all your posts state!

I guess hating Melee/Ridley makes you an automatic idiot, illogical beyond comprehension, terrible at grammar ("ENGLISH MOTHA ****** DO YOU SPEAK IT!?!?!?"), and a true fanboy/anti-fanboy/overall terrible poster who knows nothing about what you are talking about! :rotfl:

Seriously 20 poster smash n00b, stop taking yourself so seriously. Your opinions aren't the end all, and your arguments haven no intelligent basis, and are written in a manner that opposes intelligence, which is why you are now resulting to basing your argument around stupid pictures from stupid children shows. If you want to keep posting this way, you'd be better off here or here with all the other idiots that can't handle posting intelligently or making points without completely contradicting your entirely flawed argument.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Since we're on the subject...

EDIT: Aside from that, Ridley's not even one of my most wanted characters. Does he deserve it? Yes. Will I be dissapointed if he doesn't make it? Yes. But he's not a major character for me.
Ripley's believe it or not, I want Ridley in only as much as K. Rool, Mewtwo, and whatever other characters I've longed to see in Smash for the longest time. Just didn't bother to support Mewtwo that much during pre-Brawl because I didn't think they would actually cut him despite the speculations. O.o

... Starting to see more now as to just how poorly moderated the board has been lately for this crap to have gone on in the thread for this long because of one pseudo intellectual.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ridley obviously isn't as big as Mewtwo (because, Mewtwo has a lot of non-gaming appeal, that only the likes of about a dozen Nintendo non-Pokémon have), but he's still easily one of the biggest characters that is owned by Nintendo not to be playable in smash.

After K. Rool and maybe Dixie Kong, I'd gather he's easily the biggest Nintendo-owned character to never be playable in Smash. Given that no other newcomer is quite like him, I'd say that substantially helps his chances (the same IMO goes for K. Rool, but that's another discussion).
... Starting to see more now as to just how poorly moderated the board has been lately for this crap to have gone on in the thread for this long because of one pseudo intellectual.
Happens with new boards with new mods that are usually understaffed in an unfair way. No really, the Brawl and Melee Character discussion boards have a mod per like every 3 playable characters! :laugh: Compare that to these 3 boards for Smash WiiU/3DS (which gets more unique posters) with less mods, and it almost seems unfair to them.

nessokman

Smash Lord
So hating melee makes me stupid? Reread what you just said.idiotic at best.

Don't turn this already stupid conversation of Ridley fantards vs. doubted into brawl vs.melee.lol

Let me also say that when Ridley doesn't make it, I'll come back and laugh at you all.

Everyone but diddy kong.his head is screwed on right.

:phone:

Carolus Rex

Smash Cadet
Lol nessokman it's amazing how you're trying to turn around the situation here.
You just failed and brought idiotic arguments at best, it's not a big deal.
That doesn't mean we're all Ridley fantards lol.
We're not discussing how much likeable is for Ridley to make it in, we just said that he could (and should) make it in. Because he (it) has every reason in the world to. And that's objective, as a lot of people here showed you already.
After that, everything's possible.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Don't turn this already stupid conversation of Ridley fantards vs. doubted into brawl vs.melee.lol

stupid conversation of Ridley fantards

Ridley fantards

fantards
Stop. Just stop.

Why did I even come in this thread? This just ruined my day.
Really, dude? Are you really gonna call those people "fantards"? As long as I know, YOU were the one who started this " stupid conversation" with a "rant" that didn't even make sense.

Look, Ridley is the second most important character in the Metroid franchise[right between Samus herself and Mother Brain]. If someone in the Metroid franchise were to be a newcomer in Smash Bros. 4, it would be Ridley. None else.
So those guys you are calling "fantards" are simply Metroid fans. You can't even blame them, Metroid is an insanely good series.

Now, if YOU don't like Metroid... It's not a good reason to argue with fans just to have your "le trollin' fun".
I don't like the idea of having Shulk, from Xenoblade, in Smash... But you don't see me throwing biased reasons he shouldn't be in the game.

EDIT: Also, you have to know this thread isn't about people who think Ridley is DEFINITELY GOING TO BE IN SMASH. It's about people who would like to see him in Smash. So quit this "when Ridley doesn't make it, I'll come back and laugh at you all" bull****, because you're not getting any healthy attention be doing that.
That's what you want, right? Attention?

D

Deleted member

I have the urge to go :089: up his (soon to be locked) Mother thread and call him a Mother fantard for even THINKING that a re-release/remake is going to mean the series gets another character.
Oh, and the fact that he supports Masked Man.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If you say Porky is better then he'll definitely think you're crazy.

I mean. He's in a mech. Obviously that disqualifies him.

Obviously.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Happens with new boards with new mods that are usually understaffed in an unfair way. No really, the Brawl and Melee Character discussion boards have a mod per like every 3 playable characters! :laugh: Compare that to these 3 boards for Smash WiiU/3DS (which gets more unique posters) with less mods, and it almost seems unfair to them.
Yeah, it's understandable though, and you know it won't be like this forever, or at least I would think this place would be kept more of an eye on by the higher ups once the first Sm4sh trailer is revealed.

So hating melee makes me stupid?
Maybe not stupid, but it shows you have crap taste or are probably someone that just sucks at the game, and you probably had no friends to play it with either.

Reread what you just said.idiotic at best.
Not unlike everything you've said in this thread.

Don't turn this already stupid conversation of Ridley fantards vs. doubted
Which you started, and you've shown yourself to be nothing more than an ad hominem by resorting to calling us things like fantards or fanboys and posting random GIFs from kid shows as opposed to backing up any of your arguments. Take that crap to gamespot/gamefaqs where your kind of scum belongs.

Let me also say that when Ridley doesn't make it, I'll come back and laugh at you all.
The "I'll be here to laugh at you if this character doesn't make it in" card is something every weak users plays when they're backed into a corner by said character's supporters. If you somehow know Ridley isn't actually gonna be in SSB4, then prove it to us now.

Now, if YOU don't like Metroid... It's not a good reason to argue with fans just to have your "le trollin' fun".
He does like Metroid, or at least has claimed to, but most things he's said make me question that.

I have the urge to go :089: up his (soon to be locked) Mother thread and call him a Mother fantard for even THINKING that a re-release/remake is going to mean the series gets another character.
Oh, and the fact that he supports Masked Man.
I support this.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Ridley Army rises again it seems. :smirk:

Porky vs Ridley is an extremely good comparison though. If Ridley could make it in despite issues with his body and movement, why couldn't Porky? I think Porky even has one advantage over Ridley: actual characterisation.

Ridley has the advtange of being from Metroid though, and being much more suggested, but really, you Ridley fans are in no position to rule out a character as Porky. AT ALL.

Besides, I would think Porky would at least be as awesome as Ridley would. Still, the kings of awesome would of coarse be King K.Rool and Mewtwo. :awesome:

Nessokman is a true Metroid fan though, he even said he was playing Super Metroid, or was planning to last page or so. Also, unlike me, it's not his first playthrough.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In a lot of ways, Porky would be a more interesting and exciting addition than Ridley. There's nothing too special about Ridley and K. Rool. Porky would bring much more, PLUS he's not expected so just seeing him would really be a surprise to everyone.

Carolus Rex

Smash Cadet
I'm not ruling out any character. I would love mecha-Porky, even if I think he would be really hard to make it work.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just imagine a game with bowser, Ganon, k Rool, Ridley, d3, mewtwo and porky under one roof, it sounds glorious.

This. So much.

The Strong one has also spoken wisely. Even though I still want K.Rool more.

vicgur

Smash Ace
It would be at least interesting to see a character like Porky playable.
I mean, if they are able to make a character that is basically some kind of arachnid mecha, they are able to make ANY character.

So my dream of seeing a Tetris piece as a playable character will be one step closer to being achieved...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We gonna debate Porky vs Ridley here now? I'd be up for that!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In Ridley fans their eyes, everything is opposition to them. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

Porky would be quite epic. I mean, just look at Super Smash Bros. Crusade, which has BOTH Ridley and Porky.
And Porky is voiced by yours truly. :awesome:

vicgur

Smash Ace
I don't think two characters of different franchises may have this "versus" relationship.

I can understand topics like "Toad vs. Bowser Jr" because they're of the same overpopulated franchise, so there may be a real competition between them.

Comparing Ridley and Porky, on the other hand, would feel quite awkward.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wanna see vids of that man.

Porky vs Ridley vs Mewtwo vs K.Rool... Would there even be a stage left if this would happen in Smash I wonder?

D

Deleted member

Ironically, Crusade is going to have all of that. The only one missing is K. Rool, but he's going to be in it in a later demo once he's sprited. And he too is voiced by yours truly in a DK64 style. :awesome:

As for vids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYcj4CpzqSo
Here's a sample. This is from an older version of the game, and the voiceclips are not all in their correct places (that can be fixed in coding) and are rather soft (they can be fixed).
But you get the general idea of Porky.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...Why did they make Porky so gigantic in that. SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE FORGET IS THAT PORKY IS THE SAME SIZE AS NESS (only widerLOOOOL). When you put him in a mech, his size would quite naturally fit in among the larger characters. Very little tweaking would be required.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Perhaps his mech could be smaller, but yeah he should work as a playable character. Funny thing how Ridley especially is so small in that video. :laugh:

Top Bottom