• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I dunno why they did that with Porky. Only posted the video as a joke since it had most of the bosses from Brawl in one arena. :p And Diddy, that's because it's the Super Metroid sprite, which has always been smaller than most other sprites or versions of the character.

@ JohnMonster: I don't think anyone uses it anymore except occasionally people like nessok.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
He can stay as long as he brings some real arguments and his own toothbrush.

Or else he won't have fun times.

But telling people to just go away probably won't help much.

nessokman

Smash Lord
God I cAn never get used to the return of samus...This game is torture.lololol.its the only metroid I haven't played...kinda wished I hadn't.

:phone:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
God I cAn never get used to the return of samus...This game is torture.lololol.its the only metroid I haven't played...kinda wished I hadn't.
Wait, what? You haven't played it...but you wished you hadn't played it?

I didn't think it was possible, but I think I've finally seen something make negative sense.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's wrong with Metroid 2?

That's the metroid I grew up on, and it was awesome.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm just coming back to this thread after a day, and I feel like my brain cells have died from reading some of the comments on previous pages.

NO ONE can say for sure that Ridley will get in. However, he is a popular and important character from his series, who has been resized on many different occasions. So basically, if done properly, he can fit into the game, and will be well received if he is included.

However, some users on this site forget that they are not creating the game, and saying their opinion as fact does not count as a valid argument. Also, it is fairly obvious that the only remaining arguments against Ridley are merely opinion, and easily crushable, because it's an opinion, and can't be proven.

Arguments that can be taken seriously must be based on fact. Saying that "I don't like Ridley, he's too big". Opinion. Nothing more. There is no fact to base that off of. At all. It has been shown in modded videos that Ridley can be resized to a decent size, and made into a plausible character, so again, saying "he can't work' is a statement of denial.

Ridley fans will not be upset for no reason either, as Ridley has been a much requested character for a very long time, and not at least attempting to add him to the game will be a travesty to the series. There is nothing saying he will be in, and there is nothing saying he will not be. But fans of Ridley surely have a right to be upset with his exclusion.

Saying he "would be better as a boss". Well ok then. let's make him a boss AND a character. Bowser and Wario were both used as in game bosses in SSE. Theres your solution to that.

Using words such as "fantards", to me, would be associated with someone who was upset with the fact that they are clearly outnumbered, and their arguments are not looking compared to what many people have brought to the table in here.

I'm going to say it again. Just because you don't like Ridley or have certain opinions about him, that DOES NOT MEAN ITS TRUE. Unless you have consistent evidence to back your opinion, it is just that; YOUR opinion.

Seriously. I've seen argument after argument get shot down, yet people still feel the need to talk more **** about a character that clearly has great support, from a wide array of fanbases.

Ridley isn't my favorite character to be included. But I do support him, because he deserves inclusion. He has many things going for him as well. More than pretty much any other character eligible at this point. Any attempt to validate a crappy argument is most likely a bad attempt at getting attention.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Quite frankly, i'm just crabby right now from a long day at work, and I got sick of the bs arguments. That's pretty much it. But i'm sure there will be more eventually.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Wait, what? You haven't played it...but you wished you hadn't played it?

I didn't think it was possible, but I think I've finally seen something make negative sense.
I meant I've not played it until now..I got it as a reward from club Nintendo and I hate it :I I like all other metroids though <:3(

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What's going on this thread??? O_O

we have resized Bowser, Olimar, Pikachu, Charizard... but we can't resize Ridley because HE'S TOO BIG?! What a scandal! OH MY GOD! ((((;゜Д゜))) /sarcasm

I'll be honest here: I used to think that way too, but I have seen the light and the error of my ways... with the truth right here.

I sincerely hope that brings down this entire pointless argument.

Have a good night, or day, depending on where you are on this planet called Earth, good sirs and ladies.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
What's going on this thread??? O_O

we have resized Bowser, Olimar, Pikachu, Charizard... but we can't resize Ridley because HE'S TOO BIG?! What a scandal! OH MY GOD! ((((;゜Д゜))) /sarcasm

I'll be honest here: I used to think that way too, but I have seen the light and the error of my ways... with the truth right here.

I sincerely hope that brings down this entire pointless argument.

Have a good night, or day, depending on where you are on this planet called Earth, good sirs and ladies.
This YESSSS Thank you. I've been looking for this picture for awhile. Thanks Frostwraith!

Frostwraith said:
Were all doomed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just a reminder, Ridley is a dragon. Thus he´d have a negative matchup vs Marth. :marth:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought he was Fire/ Flying

In which case Ice would be neutral damage

Or maybe he's Dragon/ Fire? Also neutral

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ridley as a Pokemon would have what sort of moves though?

I´d say Outrage fits him.

Samus is a ****ing cheater with her Ice Beam though... :/ ***** be hitting Ridley on his weakspot.

I began this arguement as a Fire Emblem thing however. :rolleyes: In which I´d have to conclude: Ridley definitely has the right CON to weild axes. Better stay far from them Wyrmslayers though, and as said before, Marth. Falchion ****s up dragons like no tomorrow.

Also, if Ridley is down sized, could he still be able to do that wall grinding grabbing attack of his? I´d say probably, but it´d look less intimidating.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Id say make a metroid two remake for the WiiU, keep it 2D but just do a zero mission style remake

Why make that on Wii U when Metroid II itself was something originally for a handheld? Just have a remake of that on the 3DS, not that I think they'll ever do it at this point.

Also, if Ridley is down sized, could he still be able to do that wall grinding grabbing attack of his? I´d say probably, but it´d look less intimidating.
I think he'd be able to do it regardless of what his size is. It's just whether or not that would be something that could be implemented into Smash gameplay. Obviously wouldn't work the same way it did in Other M, and in Brawl we only saw him do it in a cutscene.

And Samus's ice beam only does normal damage to Ridley in the actual games, so as for a Pokemon type, yeah. Let's just go with dragon/fire. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I always thought that the wall grinding attack could be a command grab where Ridley would grind the opponent against the floor (if there was one).

And Ridley is totally Dragon/Fire. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
People, am about to face Ridley in Super Metroid. Am ****ting my pants out of anticipation. DO I STAND A CHANCE AGAINST THIS MONSTEROUS VILLAIN? :urg:

D

Deleted member

No, just let him kill you. You'll only delay the inevitable. :troll:

Nah, but seriously, just keep it together and you'll do fine.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Got: 6 energy tanks, 1 reserve tank, 20 super missiles, 90 regular missiles and the Plasma Beam.

Gonna take this ***** DOWNNN! :cool:

Will observe for possible attacks for him to use in Smash though. So I'll probably let him kill me once or so.

D

Deleted member

How Ridley appears in the fight should totally be his introduction in Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just now, I saw that. And yes, could really be his entrance. FIRST SHOT HAS BEEN FIRED PEOPLE! Will report back when the mission is over!

:samus:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just now, I saw that. And yes, could really be his entrance. FIRST SHOT HAS BEEN FIRED PEOPLE! Will report back when the mission is over!

:samus:
Good luck and God Speed.

*Salutes*

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I just happened to notice...Diddy hasn't replied for awhile. Do you think something happened to him? Ridley may have slapped his s***.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well here is an idea to pass the time. Considering a person's argument can be stronger if they can argue both sides of a topic, as a group of Ridley supporters, we should consider actually thinking of a logical argument ( and I mean it, bias aside) as to why Ridley shouldn't be included.

I know, probably a stupid idea. But really, it's safe to say there are plenty of reasons for Ridley to be added that are perfectly logical and capable of being backed up.

I personally can't come up with anything as of right now. Hopefully this doesn't trigger a BIG argument.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I prepared camp, now am ready to take on the beast! Be not affraid, I was merely gone to well.. doing other ****. Am still alive and well, and perpared to take down the evilous dragonic villain!

Wonder how he'd fight though and if it could work as a moveset based on this battle. Since this Ridley is appearantly the smallest version outside of his first appearance on NES Metroid. And Samus was also styled after Super Metroid in all Smash games thus far. The Strong one made a nice moveset on the first page, but I don't really agree that Ridley should be so fast at all. Maybe in the air, but on the ground he should be kind of sluggish. Maybe make his Up B like Pit's, but even longer and let him do aerials when doing this? Like Peach's double jump. He'd still need some very laggy aerials though, and I think he also shouldn't be all too heavy, maybe around Samus' weight, maybe lighter. But generally he could like long due to his ridiculous recovery. Up B works like a meteor cancel as well, though his rather light weight would still make gimping Ridley possible. Especially on higher %s. His tail attack should be slow, but have slight super armor. His speed would come from his aerial mobility, but even his aerials would be rather slow in preformance. He'd have some nice set ups yes, but he should in no means be a speed demon.

Gonna beat this ***** first now though. :samus: Be right back!

Well, that didn't work out so fine... O.o Next try...

THAT *******! Got me a second time. Yeah, Ridley should definitely not be the heaviest character around, cause he's a ***** to hit in the air!

Yup, he's whooping my ***.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Eh? My entire concept of him as a character was meant to revolve around the idea that he was great in the air, but sluggish on the ground.

Top Bottom