• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
All I remember from Metroid is Other M Rildey theme, and that is because I looked it up again recently.
Am I the only one who rarely remembers music from games?
Yes?
Well I'll just see myself out then.

majora_787

Smash Hero
All I remember from Metroid is Other M Rildey theme, and that is because I looked it up again recently.
Am I the only one who rarely remembers music from games?
Yes?
Well I'll just see myself out then.
I usually don't remember music unless it's insanely catchy. Like... I think the only three pieces of music I remember from Metroid were from Prime. The Hive mehca theme, the Ridley theme, and Magmoor caverns. In general I definitely remember less music from games than I enjoy.

EDIT: Well if that's what you want to call it. :awesome:

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
OH. Also, Serris and Yakuza had an awesome theme!

...I despised the Yakuza boss fight, though.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I have no idea why I remember the Hive Mecha theme so well from Prime 1. Did anyone else dig that or is it just me?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
As a whole I don't really think Metroid has all that great soundtracks, it's only really Metroid 1 and Super Metroid that hit it home, with Prime 1 also having an above average soundtrack when discounting the remixes. There are at least 1 or 2 great tracks per game though, Prime 2 has the Emperor Ing and Quadraxis themes, Prime 3 has Skytown, Bryyo, Gandrayda and Rundas (that's actually a decent chunk), Metroid 2 has the Tunnel theme, Fusion has that heroic one I can't remember's name, but it plays when you're on your way to fight SA-X at the end, and Other M has... nothing really. Other M has no good original tracks, literally the only good track from the game is Ridley's theme, and while that's arguably the best version of his theme it's still just a remix. Most of the music just sounds like it's been put in a blender to make some panicking sounds.
You missed Torvus Bog from Prime 2, Dark Samus Battle, Ghor, Helios from Prime 3, the underwater theme from Fusion is amazing, Metroid 2 has Surface Runner, and Other M at least has Samus' Resolve.

Maresch

Smash Cadet
NNID
Maresch
Does anyone else think that the Meta Ridley theme is kind of lacking compared to Ridley's other themes?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
You know what counter argument I don't see from Ridley supporters a lot?

This.

Y'know, the game where OPTIMUS PRIME AND MEGATRON are not that much taller than Bomberman, or Tyson, a child?
That's actually it, really. If OP can be downsized and look just fine, why not Ridley? (Okay maybe it's not 'just fine', but it works.)

If they want they could just make Ridley OP's height by using Snake as a scale.

And with that, this is probably my last post here until he's revealed.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's because people complain about game design without understanding game design. Characters are made to suit their roles. They aren't permanently trapped in old roles "just because". Look at Hyrule Warriors / Smash Bros. both and Zelda. Characters are changed to fit roles, not the other way around generally.

Also I dunno, I really like Meta Ridley's in particular.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whatever size Ridley will be, he will always be able to get down titled on the head on the first two platforms of Battlefield.

This is the main reason I want Ridley in, mind you.

D

Deleted member

I...I Think I could...and some of the avis are Rids...and Kraid so...maybe....but it would take some time...I just need some kind of list to see what I have to draw for each user....
Mine is easy, just represent me as Nah.

For reference:

Also, I can take care of the list part for you if you want.

SO, to my fellow Space Pirates, please direct your requests for how you want to be represented in this lounge drawing to me in some way so that I can compile a list (Just write on my profile page or something). I feel it should be done in this way so that it can be kept in one place and then the process can be streamlined.

Thank you in advance.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Mine is easy, just represent me as Nah.

For reference:

Also, I can take care of the list part for you if you want.

SO, to my fellow Space Pirates, please direct your requests for how you want to be represented in this lounge drawing to me in some way so that I can compile a list (Just write on my profile page or something). I feel it should be done in this way so that it can be kept in one place and then the process can be streamlined.

Thank you in advance.
Oh my goodness....um, that is going to be a problem....I don't have too much experience drawing anime-like stuff...but I guess i could give it a shot...and easy! that drawing won't be done right away! D: and thank you!

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I...I Think I could...and some of the avis are Rids...and Kraid so...maybe....but it would take some time...I just need some kind of list to see what I have to draw for each user....
For me I guess it would just be the blue thing in my profile image... Drinking tea and being particularly large.
I don't remember if it was ever supposed to have a body though.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I dunno. If I had to think of something, probably...

Or Sylux. Whichever of the two is less awful to draw. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm going to ask Ridley with Zoroark's face or Zoroark with Ridley's face, both of them work for me

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

This.

Y'know, the game where OPTIMUS PRIME AND MEGATRON are not that much taller than Bomberman, or Tyson, a child?
That's actually it, really. If OP can be downsized and look just fine, why not Ridley? (Okay maybe it's not 'just fine', but it works.)

It doesn't look silly until he turns into a truck.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Man, that Andrea, drawing stuff so we don't have to for nothing more than a few likes! A true Space Pirate Hero!
Heh...thanks....I just hope I don't disappoint anyone...I'm not a professional yet...so...I don't know how it is going to turn out...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Why did five people like what is probably the dumbest thing I've ever said in my entire life. xD

/onlyintheridleythread

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Sometimes Ridley likes to hang out with his homies and invites them over for a (not so) playful wrestling match.
Metroid Showdown.png

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Wouldn't it be Draygon, not Crocomire? I thought Crocomire was just a thing chilling out on Zebes.
You'd think, but Draygon's an asshole. The Space Pirates established that Ridley would have his own theme for Super Metroid back on the homeworld, but then Samus gets there and Draygon comes in with Ridley's theme ****ing blaring. So they, of course, have to have a meeting and try to figure out what the **** they're supposed to do with this situation.

Long story short, Crocomire was kind of "adopted" into the Space Pirates because he showed up to a party and brought something other than ice or Mtn. Dew. Guy brought hot wings, was a real nice get-together and everything.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You'd think, but Draygon's an *******. The Space Pirates established that Ridley would have his own theme for Super Metroid back on the homeworld, but then Samus gets there and Draygon comes in with Ridley's theme ****ing blaring. So they, of course, have to have a meeting and try to figure out what the **** they're supposed to do with this situation.

Long story short, Crocomire was kind of "adopted" into the Space Pirates because he showed up to a party and brought something other than ice or Mtn. Dew. Guy brought hot wings, was a real nice get-together and everything.
Well. Now we know why Phantoon is crying.

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
You'd think, but Draygon's an *******. The Space Pirates established that Ridley would have his own theme for Super Metroid back on the homeworld, but then Samus gets there and Draygon comes in with Ridley's theme ****ing blaring. So they, of course, have to have a meeting and try to figure out what the **** they're supposed to do with this situation.

This. And also Crocomire looks much cooler. :awesome:
Why is Phantoon crying?
Maybe because wrestling isn't civilized. Or maybe because Crocomire's magic claws can bypass Phantoon's intangibility.

It's probably a good idea not to question what the hell is going on in my pictures. :estatic:

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Sometimes Ridley likes to hang out with his homies and invites them over for a (not so) playful wrestling match.
Probably the one time I'd say Kraid is a bit over-bloated. Perhaps he had too many hot wings or something. Rids however, looks like he lost a few pounds. Gotta prepare for dat dere Sm4sh.:awesome:

I suppose since I'm a (somewhat) reoccurring member on this thread something representing me would probably be along the lines of this:

I would try to make the image bigger, but time does not permit (I'd have to remake the image, but considering its pixel art, that would take awhile...)

D

Deleted member

You know what? I think i'm better just as a Zoroark with a crown, damn, why no one has ever made that?

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

This.

That video was actually posted in this thread before, by Scoliosis Jones. I'm not sure if it was the same video, but he did use that game as an example of why canon size doesn't matter.

I'm not sure who Bender is, but he sounds like a pretty cool guy and is probably the greatest
I gotta say, every time I see you post I imagine you speaking in Bender's voice.:laugh:

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
All this talk about metroid music and nobody mentions the Serris/Yakuza battle theme?

EDIT: Wait, I was late to the party it seems. Urgh, the internet connection at my parents' place is awful.

Last edited:

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
What even is that?
The little robot/main character from a game I'm developing (sole person working on) as a freeware title. I call him "Nano." 'Tis his chibi form, that pic is. But enough about that, back to Ridley!

...Sakurai, why must you torture us so?

I gotta say, every time I see you post I imagine you speaking in Bender's voice.:laugh:
What has been heard, cannot be unheard.:lol:

Top Bottom