• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Eh, I posted it on Soulless's profile, but what the hell, I'll chip in a pic too.
I look like this, only with a unicorn horn instead of a gun.
There are like 5 guns on those things. You aren't being nearly specific enough. Also if those little orbs are guns then there are like more than 50.

also for some reason it was over my head that there was a drawing going on and I was very confused about all the pictures being posted

If you (@ AndreaAC AndreaAC ) ever needs a reference for my avi, the character is actually Super King, Bender's crime (fighting?) alter ego.

the best pic is here :
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/119/4/b/4b6c1e5cb63805f910a019a4d111a3f2.png

The other guy is Captain Yesterday. Cloberella isn't in that picture for some reason. And if anyone hasn't watched the Futurama episode "Less than Hero", Go do so right now.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
There are like 5 guns on those things. You aren't being nearly specific enough. Also if those little orbs are guns then there are like more than 50.

also for some reason it was over my head that there was a drawing going on and I was very confused about all the pictures being posted

If you (@ AndreaAC AndreaAC ) ever needs a reference for my avi, the character is actually Super King, Bender's crime (fighting?) alter ego.

the best pic is here :
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/119/4/b/4b6c1e5cb63805f910a019a4d111a3f2.png

The other guy is Captain Yesterday. Cloberella isn't in that picture for some reason. And if anyone hasn't watched the Futurama episode "Less than Hero", Go do so right now.
Those are Daleks, the only gun on them in the thing poking out of the middle that doesn't look like a plunger.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Those are Daleks, the only gun on them in the thing poking out of the middle that doesn't look like a plunger.
The egg beater.
Now that I think about it, Daleks are really mundane for aliens. Their weapons are tools I could find in my kitchen or near my toilet. Where else would you keep a plunger? Then again, I don't have a laser shooting egg beater or a face sucking plunger.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Does anyone alse love the idea of a Metroid and Dr Who crossover? Hunting down Daleks who plan on using Metroids to destroy everything in universe, teaming up with the space pirates only to betray them, just for that to blow up in their face when Ridley catches on and has the Metroids attack them?

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Hey! Finaly posting. Got a bit of a story. I have been trying to post here since before e3 2013. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't post, but I finaly got. It. Anyway, on the roster size, I thought I'd give you my theory. I know we can't tell anything from the character boxes on the website, but if you click on a character and scroll to the bottom, you'll see a list of just the heads of the characters. They are in groups of nine. I don't know about you, but nine seems like an odd number. Why not ten or eight? The only logical conclusion is that the final roster is a multiple of nine. my guess is fifty four exactly. There is definately room for Ridley on a fifty four character roster. I am a huge Ridley supporter, though admittedly I used to be a toobiggot. I've been on this thread trying to post since it was about 20 pages, and have read every page, and I'm very excited to finaly be able to post. RIDLEY FOR SMASH!
Heh, that's a long time. Still, even toobigots are welcome here if they've been turned. Welcome!

You know, I've been following this thread for at least a hundred pages by now. I expected that to feel like an achievement, but it's gone up by 100 pages in like a week.

...Daleks have a plunger? The Doctor defeats Daleks? Mario has a plunger? Super Mario confirmed as Doctor Who incarnation!

Also, Tanooki Ridley could assumedly just whack Samus with his balls.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Metroid_Prime_3_Trilogy_Version_Walk-Through_Part_ (6).gif

Thanks for the references....really! but...can we go back to Rids...my brain is going to explode like him,.... =u= I will not forget about it...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Middle is pretty vague.
More specific?
haha yeah, I'm up to speed with the doc, I was just messin'.

Does anyone alse love the idea of a Metroid and Dr Who crossover? Hunting down Daleks who plan on using Metroids to destroy everything in universe, teaming up with the space pirates only to betray them, just for that to blow up in their face when Ridley catches on and has the Metroids attack them?

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Heh, that's a long time. Still, even toobigots are welcome here if they've been turned. Welcome!

You know, I've been following this thread for at least a hundred pages by now. I expected that to feel like an achievement, but it's gone up by 100 pages in like a week.

...Daleks have a plunger? The Doctor defeats Daleks? Mario has a plunger? Super Mario confirmed as Doctor Who incarnation!

Actually, Mario confirmed a Kaled, E Gadd confirmed Davros.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

It's not like I ever antagonized Ridley supporters. I just thought personaly that Ridley was too big. It was actually this thread that changed my mind. That's why I made my account here. I wanted to be a part of the Ridley thread.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
View attachment 16850
Thanks for the references....really! but...can we go back to Rids...my brain is going to explode like him,.... =u= I will not forget about it...

Huh. So we should.
So Ridley is pretty cool.
What would tanooki Ridley look like? There are some pretty good artists here. somone should draw that.
I can't draw it but I imagine it would have something like Roidley's tail just with the tanooki tail replacing the spike.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

Cyberman confirmed for Smash Bros.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Before now I could never use the links posted here, but I think I can now. Can someone send me a link to the gif of Ridley jumping?

D

Deleted member

Quick question: does anyone remember the specific page/have the original full picture of the Ridley Charade Charizard picture that is the avatar of @Armlesspuppeteer09 ? I need it for proper referencing purposes.

Also, I'll reiterate my suggestion to those interested in being included in the Group Picture to PLEASE, PLEASE, just write your request on MY profile page so that @ AndreaAC AndreaAC doesn't get swamped and can focus on the drawing after all of the requests have been collected without feeling any more nervous/pressured.

Thank you all in advance. :)

Also, as @ AndreaAC AndreaAC said, I'd like to return the discussion to Ridley as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Quick question: does anyone remember the specific page/have the original full picture of the Ridley Charade Charizard picture that is the avatar of @Armlesspuppeteer09 ? I need it for proper referencing purposes.

Also, I'll reiterate my suggestion to those interested in being included in the Group Picture to PLEASE, PLEASE, just write your request on MY profile page so that @ AndreaAC AndreaAC doesn't get swamped and can focus on the drawing after all of the requests have been collected without feeling anymore nervous/pressured.

Also, as @ AndreaAC AndreaAC said, I'd like to return the discussion to Ridley as well.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I wonder how a Doctor v. Ridley showdown would go down...
I'm betting a Sonic Screwdriver deus ex machina.
Honestly, I don't think the Doctor has a chance. The Doctor relys on stalling and making bid speechs followed by clevely outwitting people by preparing his escape as he talks, or just running and doing stuff while they are safe (or people nearly killing themselves for him). Ridley wouldn't give him that chance.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
D: Oh no, of course not! =u= I'm just getting a little bit nervous....I'm worried that it does not come out like everyone is expecting...but I compromised...so, I won't hold back....

View attachment 16849
"sniff..."

Even if I end up with my left hand burned...literally
I'm probably too late for the group photo thing, but I'd like to be, well, a Grovyle.

Oh, and don't worry about what it looks like.

----

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
One of the things that makes me so passionate about Ridley is the stupidity of his detractors. Anyone remember that guy a long time back with the "Fred the Giant" analogy? (like I said, I've kept up with this thread since before e3 2013 just been unable to post).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I wonder how a Doctor v. Ridley showdown would go down...
I'm betting a Sonic Screwdriver deus ex machina.
Unless the crossover season has a good writer

:troll:

I'm pretty sure Ridley would be one of those things the doctor would prefer not to fight. Like satan.

Actually, that fight is remarkably similar to something that could happen in Metroid. The fight was in a space station(because space), some evil that had been hidden for unknown eons was unleashed(phaaze), and it was only stopped by putting it in a black hole (ok maybe not this part)

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
All this talk about avatars made me realize something about mine. I originally put shades on just because, but now I noticed an actual legit purpose for them being there.

Snagrets dwell underground when not attacking, but since I also fly, the sunlight would be a problem since my eyes would be blinded from the drastic change of light intensity while I'm in the air. So that's where the shades come in. Just thought that was an interesting concept.

But yes we really should get back to Rids. So...how 'bout them shadows? :troll:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm probably too late for the group photo thing, but I'd like to be, well, a Grovyle.

Oh, and don't worry about what it looks like.

----
There's a group photo? probably too late but I've been around for over a year and I plan on sticking around. I don't suppose there would be any room for me there?

Also, I'll reiterate my suggestion to those interested in being included in the Group Picture to PLEASE, PLEASE, just write your request on MY profile page so that @ AndreaAC AndreaAC doesn't get swamped and can focus on the drawing after all of the requests have been collected without feeling any more nervous/pressured.

there's a group picture? probably to late but I've been around for over a year and I plan on sticking around now that I can post. I don't suppose there would be any room for me there?what just happened? it posted twice? to different people?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who hates Doctor Who? I mean, I may be a tasteless gutter urchin, but it just seems so boring...

Oh, and welcome to the club, Sigran. Cake or Death?
Death or die.

I'm not funny at all

Can we just ban cake?

It's soooooooooooooo unhealthy.

Also, I don't hate Doctor Who, I just haven't watched it and don't really see it as appealing to me. (The Daleks as a main enemy seems odd to me, given their design).

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Am I the only one who hates Doctor Who? I mean, I may be a tasteless gutter urchin, but it just seems so boring...

um... maybe cake?

Hey! Finaly posting. Got a bit of a story. I have been trying to post here since before e3 2013. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't post, but I finaly got. It. Anyway, on the roster size, I thought I'd give you my theory. I know we can't tell anything from the character boxes on the website, but if you click on a character and scroll to the bottom, you'll see a list of just the heads of the characters. They are in groups of nine. I don't know about you, but nine seems like an odd number. Why not ten or eight? The only logical conclusion is that the final roster is a multiple of nine. my guess is fifty four exactly. There is definately room for Ridley on a fifty four character roster. I am a huge Ridley supporter, though admittedly I used to be a toobiggot. I've been on this thread trying to post since it was about 20 pages, and have read every page, and I'm very excited to finaly be able to post. RIDLEY FOR SMASH!
so does anyone have any thoughts on my theory? I've posted it at quite a few sites and never gotten any feedback. Does it hold any weight?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

I've started kinda drifting from it since Season 5. The classic series and audiobooks are rather enjoyable, though.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
ONE last thing....it is Ok if the "group pic" is arranged in a way that looks like this?

or this:

and yeah...Ridley stuff...

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
so does anyone have any thoughts on my theory? I've posted it at quite a few sites and never gotten any feedback. Does it hold any weight?
The roster doesn't need to mold to the CSS, it's typically the other way around. So I don't really care, since it neither helps nor hurts Ridley's chances.
um... maybe cake?
Too bad, we're out of cake.
Choose your means of execution: Torture, or drinking of our patented Ridley water?

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I want Ridley in smash and the roster may be bigger than what we think it is, but i really doubt that the fact that the character are in group of 9 means that we are going to get 54 character in the end.... well, i don't think so :drsad:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
What will the name of the group picture even be? Ridley supporters or something?

No wait, let's call it the Space Pirate Lounge Crew.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

OK....That's it.....

and as eveyone knows. I will not add color to it when I drew it...
Can you please explain the group pic to me though? I don't understand completely.

I dunno, if you do the brawl opening, we'll all have our backs to the front. Is that what you really want? No faces?
Nobody needs faces. Faces give us away. We need to be quick and violent like Ridley, so fast that our victims don't even get a glimpse of our face.

Oh sorry, double post... got so excited I didnt even notice.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I want Ridley in smash and the roster may be bigger than what we think it is, but i really doubt that the fact that the character are in group of 9 means that we are going to get 54 character in the end.... well, i don't think so :drsad:
my theory isn't specifically that there will be 54 characters but that the roster will be a multiple of 9. They even have empty boxes in the sections that aren't filled. like right now the last section goes samus kirby fox pikachu bowser pit emty box empty box empty box. It only seems logical that all the empty boxes would be filled in eventually.

D

Deleted member

The roster doesn't need to mold to the CSS, it's typically the other way around. So I don't really care, since it neither helps nor hurts Ridley's chances.

Too bad, we're out of cake.
Choose your means of execution: Torture, or drinking of our patented Ridley water?
What about the Ridley Crocodiles? They need fresh meat every now and then.

Also, @ Sigran101 Sigran101 with regards to your theory, I agree with it, and given the status of the sight right now it makes sense if we are to assume that by some odd situation we'd get the final 3 Gematsu Characters revealed before release or 3 additional veterans (1 per month until the expected August Direct).

My only worry is that since that would fill the last 3 slots, that would all that was left of the roster, but, given that secret characters have been shown not to be revealed in past games before release, I don't think this will be the case.

At any rate, I do really hope that the final roster is 54 as that would allow room for the remaining (not-assumed-cut) Brawl veterans to come back as well as the Gematsu characters and the Villainous Big 3 (Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool).

If I got this ^ it would be a dream come true, and Smash 4's roster would easily become my favorite of the series.

Top Bottom