• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The little robot/main character from a game I'm developing (sole person working on) as a freeware title. I call him "Nano." 'Tis his chibi form, that pic is. But enough about that, back to Ridley!

...Sakurai, why must you torture us so?
Simple. He knows the games are going to sell like hotcakes, so he has no qualms about implying certain characters will be deconfirmed in the time up until launch.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna assume too new or something and say nothing on the topic of pictures. Also because I feel forever rude, asking. Even if I'm not being. It sounds incredibly so. But I see Tao, and hell yeah.

WAILS FOR METROID. Also, I suggested a Queen Metroid boss a few pages back. You can only beat it if you roll into its stomach and activate a power bomb. Nothing tells you the power bomb is there and able to be used, though. :awesome:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
On the topic of Metroid music, this is my favorite song in the series. Someone already posted Vomitron's Doppelganger which is my favorite remix. I could post 50 songs from Metroid that I like easily, but that's just me.

And yet Brawl still had to ruin two of the (not as many as most of the other series) songs with voiceovers. Here's hoping there's no voiceovers on songs in Smash 4.

I would think they'd remix his theme again, considering they did so in Brawl and it's all but guaranteed to be in the game. Otherwise, we'd get Other M's rendition, which isn't bad, but connected to that whole cutscene, I'd rather not have to be reminded of it. I wonder if they would make it techno-y but yet not like Meta Ridley's. I'm curious as to what music they do pick from Metroid but I suppose this isn't the thread for that so I'll shut up now before I go on a huge tangent.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
OH. Also, Serris and Yakuza had an awesome theme!

...I despised the Yakuza boss fight, though.
Yakuza... The bane of my existence on a low or 1 % runthrough. Same with the Omega Pirate in Prime, though only because of the beam troopers he sends in as backup.

You missed Torvus Bog from Prime 2, Dark Samus Battle, Ghor, Helios from Prime 3, the underwater theme from Fusion is amazing, Metroid 2 has Surface Runner, and Other M at least has Samus' Resolve.
Dark Samus's theme was a glaring omission from Wariofan's list. Don't remember most of those other ones enough to comment though, but others like the general Space Pirate theme you hear when they're in a room you're in, and the theme when you're fighting Metroid Prime (the creature/boss) in its 2nd/essence form were also pretty memorable for me. Same with Omega Pirate's to some level, at least the beginning bit.

Even the less upbeat themes Prime had like what you hear when exploring the crashed Frigate Orpheon fit so beautifully well with the environment and everything.

Does anyone else think that the Meta Ridley theme is kind of lacking compared to Ridley's other themes?
Sort of I suppose, but still better than the Omega Ridley theme, sadly.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087

I dunno why, but seeing that image forced me to do this.

Anyhow, Yakuza is like one of the easier Fusion bosses. Sure, on my first platthrough he was a pain, but one eventually gets used to it.
Are there any particularly difficult bosses in Fusion (on a normal run)? I remember Yakuza only being a pain the first time as well, but Nightmare and Ridley were both disappointing in terms of difficulty. I remember running into barely any problems on first runthrough with them.

Also: Seeing the image that you made due to seeing the image that I made makes me want to use that image as a profile pic.
You mind (considering the right half was your work...)?

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Are there any particularly difficult bosses in Fusion (on a normal run)? I remember Yakuza only being a pain the first time as well, but Nightmare and Ridley were both disappointing in terms of difficulty. I remember running into barely any problems on first runthrough with them.

Also: Seeing the image that you made due to seeing the image that I made makes me want to use that image as a profile pic.
You mind (considering the right half was your work...)?
Really, no boss in Fusion gives me that much of a problem after beating the game multiple times. Maybe except for Netori, but it's still pretty easy.

And yes, you can use the picture I made.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Really, no boss in Fusion gives me that much of a problem after beating the game multiple times. Maybe except for Netori, but it's still pretty easy.

I just realized that Nettori is basically Mother Brain.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I will try to fit everyone on the pic (when I get the references and inspiration)

o_o and I burned myself because my avi is going to be the hardest to make...the easiest is going to be my Catrin Ridley and the jackalope, I guess....but I will try to do my best...

Last edited:

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Thanks!
I just realized that Nettori is basically Mother Brain.
Wow. Can't believe I never made the connection before either.

Hm...I wonder if Sakurai will use Metroid Fusion as inspiration for the Sm4sh 3ds stage. It's certainly possible. Still wouldn't put it past him to use Ridley based shenanigans and tease a Neo-Ridley/Ridley X boss on that stage...:eek:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've been getting ideas of starting a musical in which Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo are the main stars.

It will be about their rage at Sakurai for messing with them for the past fifteen years, and will debut September 13. Everyone is invited, of course.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Mewtwo shouldn't be on it, he had his reasons to be cut and was at least playable in Melee.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Mewtwo shouldn't be on it, he had his reasons to be cut and was at least playable in Melee.
Ah, but Mewtwo was considered by many to be one of the worst characters, if not the worst, in Melee. In it, he was not the 6'7, heavyweight lightning bruiser many Pokemon fans know him to be, but a sluggish lightweight who got the crap beaten out of him by Pikachu.

Although I do admit that I'm having second thoughts on whether to keep him in or not.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ah, but Mewtwo was considered by many to be one of the worst characters, if not the worst, in Melee. In it, he was not the 6'7, heavyweight lightning bruiser many Pokemon fans know him to be, but a sluggish lightweight who got the crap beaten out of him by Pikachu.

Although I do admit that I'm having second thoughts on whether to keep him in or not.
Mewtwo is like Rosalina, Technically both are quite heavy, but in the context of Smash, A floaty style fits them better as both are known for floating.

And didn't you know that Disable is god and confusion is its wife :p

Morbi

Scavenger
I...I Think I could...and some of the avis are Rids...and Kraid so...maybe....but it would take some time...I just need some kind of list to see what I have to draw for each user....
If you decide to add me; you do not have to actually draw "me," at the very bottom of the drawing just write, "MorbidAltruism likes this."
:denzel:

AndreaAC

If you decide to add me; you do not have to actually draw "me," at the very bottom of the drawing just write, "MorbidAltruism likes this."
:denzel:
C: OK! Got it!

well....now...I will think on some Rids stuff (the drawing with NEARLY everyone will be probably made in a time where I don't have exams...)

AndreaAC

I always wondered what Ridley's skeleton would look like, complete with a two bone neck similar to an elbow...
I have tried to draw that a couple of times (3 I guess...) and my Catrin Ridley can turn into one...that is why his hands looks skeletal sometimes and also his face and feet...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh, Andrea, a Pac-Man like my avatar or a Pac-Man wearing this hat:

Would be the perfect thing for me if you want to put me on the card.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

O___O Um, can someone make a current list of the users that want to be on the drawing? If it ends too big it is going to be hard to fit it on my scanner...and not only because of Rids...

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Eh, I posted it on Soulless's profile, but what the hell, I'll chip in a pic too.
I look like this, only with a unicorn horn instead of a gun.

D

Deleted member

O___O Um, can someone make a current list of the users that want to be on the drawing? If it ends too big it is going to be hard to fit it on my scanner...and not only because of Rids...
That's what I'm already doing....

Did you already forget about me? :sadeyes:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If I'm going to be in the picture, I should be R.O.B. in Rosalinas Dress holing Kirby with G&Ws hat with a greninja toungue poking out..... ALL IN 8-BIT

overcomplicationsftw

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I would but I'm too lazy to even go to sleep right now. For once, I want coffee inctead of tea...
Also:

So I don't have to. Even if I wanted to right now.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Hey! Finaly posting. Got a bit of a story. I have been trying to post here since before e3 2013. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't post, but I finaly got. It. Anyway, on the roster size, I thought I'd give you my theory. I know we can't tell anything from the character boxes on the website, but if you click on a character and scroll to the bottom, you'll see a list of just the heads of the characters. They are in groups of nine. I don't know about you, but nine seems like an odd number. Why not ten or eight? The only logical conclusion is that the final roster is a multiple of nine. my guess is fifty four exactly. There is definately room for Ridley on a fifty four character roster. I am a huge Ridley supporter, though admittedly I used to be a toobiggot. I've been on this thread trying to post since it was about 20 pages, and have read every page, and I'm very excited to finaly be able to post. RIDLEY FOR SMASH!

AndreaAC

D: Oh no, of course not! =u= I'm just getting a little bit nervous....I'm worried that it does not come out like everyone is expecting...but I compromised...so, I won't hold back....

42A571_0D6FF011C7E58_001.gif

"sniff..."

Even if I end up with my left hand burned...literally

Top Bottom