• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

To be fair, which Skyward Sword character the person thinks will get in is inconsequential to the Trophy Quiz theory. As long as some newcomer from Skyward Sword gets in, whether it's Ghirahim, Demise, or Groose, it would fit in with the theory.

Regardless, I don't really believe that theory myself, mostly because I find a Zelda newcomer to be less than likely at this point.
A Skyward Sword character?
Twilight Princess Link with a similar palette to Skyward Sword Link.

THE THEORY IS TRUE, RIDLEY CONFIRMED

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Why would a Zelda newcomer be anything less likely than a Metroid newcomer if I may ask?
Well, I suppose because a new Zelda character isn't necessary, for one. We already have the most important Zelda characters on the roster at this point. Anyone else is just a bonus. Plus there's a lot of competition for that slot and there isn't a huge demand for a Zelda newcomer.

Metroid, on the other hand, still has its main antagonist left out of the roster, and that antagonist is quite the popular request. At this point, it seems quite feasible that we'll be getting that antagonist on the roster.

Of course, you don't think Ridley is even a remote possibility, so I'm sure we'll disagree on this matter.

D

Deleted member

Well, I suppose because a new Zelda character isn't necessary, for one. We already have the most important Zelda characters on the roster at this point. Anyone else is just a bonus. Plus there's a lot of competition for that slot and there isn't a huge demand for a Zelda newcomer.

Metroid, on the other hand, still has its main antagonist left out of the roster, and that antagonist is quite the popular request. At this point, it seems quite feasible that we'll be getting that antagonist on the roster.

Of course, you don't think Ridley is even a remote possibility, so I'm sure we'll disagree on this matter.
No, I still think it's possible. In fact, if Ridley does happen, then Lucas will be all the more likely. -warped logic of my mind.
Maybe I just don't have a strong opinion about Ridley either way because I don't care which new characters get in. They are bonuses as I see it. I feel much more strongly about who returns.

I don't expect Zelda to get any newcomers either. Zelda's fine with Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, and Toon Link for now IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
To be fair, which Skyward Sword character the person thinks will get in is inconsequential to the Trophy Quiz theory. As long as some newcomer from Skyward Sword gets in, whether it's Ghirahim, Demise, or Groose, it would fit in with the theory.

Regardless, I don't really believe that theory myself, mostly because I find a Zelda newcomer to be less than likely at this point.
Yes, if Zelda gets any sort of new representation, I think it'll be through a revamped Ganondorf rather than a new character entirely.

Oh, and something something something Ridley.

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Ghirahim? Demise? Groose?

WRONG!

Why would a Zelda newcomer be anything less likely than a Metroid newcomer if I may ask?
Ok, I agree with you about Impa being a good option for a Zelda newcomer, but if you start talking about it in unrelated threads again people are gonna start getting angry about it.

Also, like False Sense said up there, Zelda has its three essential characters already, but Metroid is still missing one of its only two. That's why a Zelda character seems less likely despite its higher popularity.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Can't wait to see Ridley revealed playable in the August Direct! :)
Don't get your hopes up.

Ridley could get reveal after the release, even though ridley is more worthy before the release, and that if its the 6th when the direct is in august ridley is far more likely than the chorus men despite the rythem heaven anniversary.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ok, I agree with you about Impa being a good option for a Zelda newcomer, but if you start talking about it in unrelated threads again people are gonna start getting angry about it.

Also, like False Sense said up there, Zelda has its three essential characters already, but Metroid is still missing one of its only two. That's why a Zelda character seems less likely despite its higher popularity.
This. This is basically how I feel on the matter.

Also, everyone is wrong. Nephenee is the best space dragon, so *I* have the best Ridley avatar.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So, does anyone think that Sakurai isn't going to say a single word about Ridley, and he'll be a secret character? That's what I think.
The only way the Ridley debate will end is if Pyrosphere is unlockable or if a Smash Bros. Direct reveals him. And I'm leaning towards the latter, because one, who is Ridley to Japan, and two, what kind of confirmation is that? Closure from across the pond from people who don't care about Metroid?

I wouldn't mind the former so much if Sakurai hadn't decided to tease the hell out of Ridley. In fact, it's because of said teasing that I came to support him.

Also, there's only one Zelda newcomer that I want, possibly even moreso than Ridley: Ganon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

No actually, I had a recent change of mind!

We really didn't think that Pokémon or Mario needed a newcomer either. At most, people where saying add back Mewtwo, and that's it. Mario had a lot of debate about a character, but nobody really stood out. Untill Rosalina started to become playable more all of a sudden. Then there's to consider that Mario hasn't had newcomers since Melee, same with Zelda actually!

Impa is being used in the Zelda franchise on a similar manner as Rosalina in the Mario franchise. Lot's of people have pointed this out. She was also revealed to be playable in Hyrule Warriors before even Zelda. Around the time of E3 to.

If you people truely believe that Ridley was a character that has been teased, you'll surely see that the same is happening with Impa. The last Direct shook up both of the fanbases badly, and in a manner of a few seconds! Boom! Ridley's shadow and Sheik's return, as well as Greninja's reveal. So much tease. Especially with the Phantom fiasco going on for so long!

And that's also the reason why I'm back. Sakurai is just the trollest of trolls, and I believe he's been teasing a lot of fanbases actually. King K.Rool and Mewtwo to for example. Even Isaac, with how similar the Mii Swordfighter seemed to look when they revealed the Mii Fighters. Funny how these are all my most wanted characters. And yes, I'd also like to see Ridley make it.

Just didn't think it was that likely before. But now, I can see it happening.

D

Deleted member

This is the best and worst think I hear today(because it's the first thing I'm hearing after waking up)
No actually, I had a recent change of mind!

We really didn't think that Pokémon or Mario needed a newcomer either. At most, people where saying add back Mewtwo, and that's it. Mario had a lot of debate about a character, but nobody really stood out. Untill Rosalina started to become playable more all of a sudden. Then there's to consider that Mario hasn't had newcomers since Melee, same with Zelda actually!

Impa is being used in the Zelda franchise on a similar manner as Rosalina in the Mario franchise. Lot's of people have pointed this out. She was also revealed to be playable in Hyrule Warriors before even Zelda. Around the time of E3 to.

If you people truely believe that Ridley was a character that has been teased, you'll surely see that the same is happening with Impa. The last Direct shook up both of the fanbases badly, and in a manner of a few seconds! Boom! Ridley's shadow and Sheik's return, as well as Greninja's reveal. So much tease. Especially with the Phantom fiasco going on for so long!

And that's also the reason why I'm back. Sakurai is just the trollest of trolls, and I believe he's been teasing a lot of fanbases actually. King K.Rool and Mewtwo to for example. Even Isaac, with how similar the Mii Swordfighter seemed to look when they revealed the Mii Fighters. Funny how these are all my most wanted characters. And yes, I'd also like to see Ridley make it.

Just didn't think it was that likely before. But now, I can see it happening.
I don't think Sheik's reveal is a "tease" for Impa, it's only a character reveal, it's like how the Mewtwo fanbase thinks Greninja is a tease for him. I guess Rosalina is a tease for Bowser Jr.(<--My most wanted Mario newcomer). I thought Impa would be a little bland and would feel like a mixture of Zelda and Sheik, that of course, was before her Hyrule Warriors reveal, I'm now all for big sword Impa, but, don't think Sheik is teasing her.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
The only other memorable song was the escape theme.
Honestly, I don't even remember that one. Just Ridley's---
...Which, admittedly, was just Ridley's theme with sirens.
---Oh. That explains that then. It's weird that that's becoming the standard escape/timer theme. Though it makes me want to see an escape sequence using it that actually has Ridley chasing you down the whole time.

Or just more non-boss Ridley appearances in general.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Honestly, I don't even remember that one. Just Ridley's---

---Oh. That explains that then. It's weird that that's becoming the standard escape/timer theme. Though it makes me want to see an escape sequence using it that actually has Ridley chasing you down the whole time.

Or just more non-boss Ridley appearances in general.
I now REALLY want to see a countdown Ridley boss fight, maybe after the supposed "final boss" and as Ridley's last stand sorta deal, after Ridley's actual boss fight where he'd be weakened and stuff. Kinda a blend of the Brawl Meta Ridley fight and the final Dark Samus fight in Echoes.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I find it funny that people go off about unmemorable music when I don't generally remember 90% of Metroid music that wasn't remixed from Super Metroid. I'm just saying.

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I now REALLY want to see a countdown Ridley boss fight, maybe after the supposed "final boss" and as Ridley's last stand sorta deal, after Ridley's actual boss fight where he'd be weakened and stuff. Kinda a blend of the Brawl Meta Ridley fight and the final Dark Samus fight in Echoes.
For a moment I was super disappointed in how unlikely it is for something like that to happen. But then I remembered that Prime 3 had you fight him while falling just because it was cool, and then there was Fusion's Omega Metroid battle, so you never know! It could happen.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
For a moment I was super disappointed in how unlikely it is for something like that to happen. But then I remembered that Prime 3 had you fight him while falling just because it was cool, and then there was Fusion's Omega Metroid battle, so you never know! It could happen.
Metroid_Prime_3_Trilogy_Version_Walk-Through_Part_ (9).gif

Yeah...it was really cool, and he's still fallin'

I find it funny how the place where you fight Ridley in Brawl looks like a generator shaft....that failure will never get out of his mind I guess....

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
anyway I think the trophy quiz theory could be true ...

Fire Emblem = Chrom (Sal leak)

LoZ = Impa (I don't think Ghirahim/Demise are important and Impa's a requrring character who has a major role in Skyward Sward and in Hyrule Warriors too)

Kid Icarus = Palutena (confirmed)

Metroid = Ridley (I don't have to explain this)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Now i can`t stop imagining how that would look like and the intro cutscene for that boss battle.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Last night, I dreamed that this place was a pub and you'd enter the "thread" and sit down at tables with others to listen in and chat. Usually about Ridley, of course.

Not that different from a lounge. Still, you invaded my dreams already, so props for that.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I find it funny that people go off about unmemorable music when I don't generally remember 90% of Metroid music that wasn't remixed from Super Metroid. I'm just saying.
Kenji Yamamoto's work on the three Primes is the very definition of memorable. Each and every major original tune automatically tells you where you are and sets the mood for the area. You will never mistake the Phendrana Drifts theme for the Phazon Mines one, which is something you can totally do with OM's soundtrack.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Last night, I dreamed that this place was a pub and you'd enter the "thread" and sit down at tables with others to listen in and chat. Usually about Ridley, of course.

Not that different from a lounge. Still, you invaded my dreams already, so props for that.
@ AndreaAC AndreaAC .... it would be awesome if you'll draw something like this with some of the recurring users in it (maybe you could draw them as their profile pictures)
Ok I'm crazy :psycho:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Did she just Space Jumped backward? And i sense some product placement or whatever its called (i know how it is called exactly only in russian).

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC .... it would be awesome if you'll draw something like this with some of the recurring users in it (maybe you could draw them as their profile pictures)
Ok I'm crazy :psycho:
I support that idea. What do you think about it, @ AndreaAC AndreaAC ?
...but it will take a lot of time...i guess...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Did she just Space Jumped backward? And i sense some product placement or whatever its called (i know how it is called exactly only in russian).

I support that idea. What do you think about this, @ AndreaAC AndreaAC ?
I...I Think I could...and some of the avis are Rids...and Kraid so...maybe....but it would take some time...I just need some kind of list to see what I have to draw for each user....

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Kenji Yamamoto's work on the three Primes is the very definition of memorable. Each and every major original tune automatically tells you where you are and sets the mood for the area. You will never mistake the Phendrana Drifts theme for the Phazon Mines one, which is something you can totally do with OM's soundtrack.
I still have the Parasite Queen's theme pop up in my head sometimes. Dark Samus' MP3 theme was absolutely amazing, though.

Also, Kraid's Lair theme is memorable as hell.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As a whole I don't really think Metroid has all that great soundtracks, it's only really Metroid 1 and Super Metroid that hit it home, with Prime 1 also having an above average soundtrack when discounting the remixes. There are at least 1 or 2 great tracks per game though, Prime 2 has the Emperor Ing and Quadraxis themes, Prime 3 has Skytown, Bryyo, Gandrayda and Rundas (that's actually a decent chunk), Metroid 2 has the Tunnel theme, Fusion has that heroic one I can't remember's name, but it plays when you're on your way to fight SA-X at the end, and Other M has... nothing really. Other M has no good original tracks, literally the only good track from the game is Ridley's theme, and while that's arguably the best version of his theme it's still just a remix. Most of the music just sounds like it's been put in a blender to make some panicking sounds.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Other M has no good original tracks, literally the only good track from the game is Ridley's theme, and while that's arguably the best version of his theme it's still just a remix. Most of the music just sounds like it's been put in a blender to make some panicking sounds.
...But i like Other M`s boss battle themes...

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
As a whole I don't really think Metroid has all that great soundtracks, it's only really Metroid 1 and Super Metroid that hit it home, with Prime 1 also having an above average soundtrack when discounting the remixes. There are at least 1 or 2 great tracks per game though, Prime 2 has the Emperor Ing and Quadraxis themes, Prime 3 has Skytown, Bryyo, Gandrayda and Rundas (that's actually a decent chunk), Metroid 2 has the Tunnel theme, Fusion has that heroic one I can't remember's name, but it plays when you're on your way to fight SA-X at the end, and Other M has... nothing really. Other M has no good original tracks, literally the only good track from the game is Ridley's theme, and while that's arguably the best version of his theme it's still just a remix. Most of the music just sounds like it's been put in a blender to make some panicking sounds.
The Nightmare's theme always stuck out to me the most from Fusion. It fit the battle really well too. Then Other M had to go and screw it all up.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Oh right, Fusion had that one really great song. The sound of shutting the game off in a heroic fashion, loved that. :troll:

But seriously. My point generally stands.

EDIT: inb4 someone hits me for thinking Nightmare's theme was better in Other M

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nightmare's theme in Fusion was decent, it fit the fight, but it's not really a track I'll fire up because it's good. It sure as hell is better than the Other M version though.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
There's one that's outright just called Ridley which is the only one where he has an actual speaking role aside from the ending of Divide by Hero, which is also the multi-parter where Kalimdori's avatar is from. Only other ones I can think of is Where's Waluigi and a mention in Leak and Smash Voters: Captain Falcon.

Ridley just so happens to be the creator's most wanted character after Mega Man's reveal too.
And he also appears at the end of Divide by Hero, being a snark to Bowser and Ganondorf.

That'd be quite badass actually.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It fits the boss fight because in Fusion the boss was the only well-designed thing about the fight. And the music matched up to that. But I guess it fit, so that's fine. At least Ridley doesn't have that issue and has a consistently good theme.

Seriously though if I take away the video, it sounds and feels like audio to someone just killing enemies in a regular hallway. Not even remotely a boss battle. Which I guess is kind of fitting, but not in the way it should be.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Oh right, Fusion had that one really great song. The sound of shutting the game off in a heroic fashion, loved that. :troll:

But seriously. My point generally stands.

EDIT: inb4 someone hits me for thinking Nightmare's theme was better in Other M
EDIT: I KEEP MESSING UP THE LINK, DANGIT.

Last edited:
Top Bottom