• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Random thought, what would Ridley look like with Greninjas tongue?

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Speaking of Pokemon...Did anyone see this?

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
Hey I'm new to the forums (though I've been stalking the thread for awhile), but I would like to know if I'm alone in disliking brawl Ridley's appearance. To me it just seems... Lacking somehow. I'm not sure what it is, but he just seems lackluster to me when compared to super metroid, or zero mission ridley. I'm fine with how they styled meta ridley, but brawl ridley just bothers me... Anyone else?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Hey I'm new to the forums (though I've been stalking the thread for awhile), but I would like to know if I'm alone in disliking brawl Ridley's appearance. To me it just seems... Lacking somehow. I'm not sure what it is, but he just seems lackluster to me when compared to super metroid, or zero mission ridley. I'm fine with how they styled meta ridley, but brawl ridley just bothers me... Anyone else?
It's the bug-eyes, isn't it.

Every other Ridley has narrow, subtle eyes, while Brawley has these huge, animal eyes that can't really convey any subtle emotion.

You need not worry though if that's the case. Our very own AndreaAC and Wizardglory have given Brawley eyelids.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Maybe it's how ridiculous his eyes made him look, or how big his head was proportionately. I dunno.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I would say Brawl Ridley is probably my favourite normal Ridley, not hard to do since the only other Ridley with a 3D model is Other M but.....

I like it. Also since your new, have you seen the analysis people have done about Ridleys shadow because if you haven't, you might get really excited.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Warning Received
I love Krackel bars.

I've only seen them as little tiny bars in bags with various other chocolate bars.

BUT JUST RECENTLY I SAW A BIG GIANT KRACKEL BAR ALL ON ITS OWN.

I bought it and its so good.

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
Yeah it has something to do with his eyes, but for some reason his mouth also bothers me... It's like it's always wide open. Idk. But to answer your question, yes I have seen the shadow analysis (I've been lurking on here since about page 700... Lol), and it does excite me. When I saw the direct initially showing the shadow I got kinda pissed, but I noticed the erratic movements, came here, saw the analysis, was impressed with what you guys could deduce from a mere shadow, and I'm fairly sure Ridley will be joining Mario and pals this iteration of smash. :awesome:

Also, I forgot to say this;

Welcome to the Splounge!
And thank you! Though space pirates don't strike me as the type to lounge around much. Too busy rebuilding their leader and whatnot.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Whether or not Ridley is playable, I think this would make a great costume for R.O.B.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
And thank you! Though space pirates don't strike me as the type to lounge around much. Too busy rebuilding their leader and whatnot.
Enjoy your stay here!

A couple ground rules:

1. Try staying at least tangentally on the topic of Ridley.
  2. Avoid double-posting. If a new post hasn't been made yet, edit your latest post with new info.
  3. Don't drink the water. Just...don't.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It's the bug-eyes, isn't it.

Every other Ridley has narrow, subtle eyes, while Brawley has these huge, animal eyes that can't really convey any subtle emotion.

You need not worry though if that's the case. Our very own AndreaAC and Wizardglory have given Brawley eyelids.
-u- Thanks...and actually, Brawl Ridley does have eyelids...

IMG00000 - Copy.jpg

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Enjoy your stay here!

A couple ground rules:

1. Try staying at least tangentally on the topic of Ridley.
  2. Avoid double-posting. If a new post hasn't been made yet, edit your latest post with new info.
  3. Don't drink the water. Just...don't.
This is my fault sorry, sometimes when you've gotta go, you've gotta go.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
-u- Thanks...and actually, Brawl Ridley does have eyelids...

View attachment 16802
Huh.

Well, uh, they can't really make them look narrowed in the actual cutscene, so I sorta stand by my statement.
*Has a drink of water* Good guy Dalek, always helping people ou--

....uh oh
Aw dammit, not another Ridleyitis victim!
I'm so sorry, but you will have no sense of scale for the rest of your life. EVER.
dramatic thunder
Also you may come down with a minor case of death.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Whether or not Ridley is playable, I think this would make a great costume for R.O.B.
I like ROB ;_;
Do people not like ROB? I'm pretty sure there aren't any people wanting him cut, whereas there are people up in arms against Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Huh.

Well, uh, they can't really make them look narrowed in the actual cutscene, so I sorta stand by my statement.

Aw dammit, not another Ridleyitis victim!
I'm so sorry, but you will have no sense of scale for the rest of your life. EVER.
dramatic thunder
Also you may come down with a minor case of death.
Oh good, as long as it's only minor.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I remember seeing that soon after Brawl was released and lemme tell you, it's just as funny as it was back then.:awesome:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I remember seeing that soon after Brawl was released and lemme tell you, it's just as funny as it was back then.:awesome:
I actually had ROB on my pre Brawl roster (actually I had every character...though I had 7 others past the 39 we got lol) and people hated the idea.

Ridley should just dress up as ROB, that'll get him in.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I like ROB ;_;
Do people not like ROB? I'm pretty sure there aren't any people wanting him cut, whereas there are people up in arms against Jigglypuff.
I like R.O.B. too, he was my favourite newcomer in Brawl.

Nice to see more people also like him (I see people saying he should and will likely be an assist trophy)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I actually had ROB on my pre Brawl roster (actually I had every character...though I had 7 others past the 39 we got lol) and people hated the idea.

Ridley should just dress up as ROB, that'll get him in.
Mewtwo will put on a really long pink scarf to resemble Greninja, and K. Rool will dress up as the Wii Fit Trainer. That way, nothing will go wrong!:denzel:

Top Bottom