• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
One a scale of one to ten, how much would you die from laughter if Gematsu's leaker was using "Chorus Men" to refer to three separate newcomers he felt were too special to give away?

Which is to say, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Tetris (A bunch of Tetris blocks cobbled together into a human shape, as a retro representative).

D

Deleted member

One a scale of one to ten, how much would you die from laughter if Gematsu's leaker was using "Chorus Men" to refer to three separate newcomers he felt were too special to give away?

Which is to say, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Tetris (A bunch of Tetris blocks cobbled together into a human shape, as a retro representative).
There would be no laughter, only hatred. :glare:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

Make Tetris Ridley shaped and we got a deal.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh great, now I want to see Ridley in Ninja form.
Why be stealthy like a ninja when he can camouflage like a chameleon? Ninjas are cool too though.

Hey I'm new to the forums (though I've been stalking the thread for awhile), but I would like to know if I'm alone in disliking brawl Ridley's appearance. To me it just seems... Lacking somehow. I'm not sure what it is, but he just seems lackluster to me when compared to super metroid, or zero mission ridley. I'm fine with how they styled meta ridley, but brawl ridley just bothers me... Anyone else?
Pretty much agree. The bigger head and stuff made him look more cartoony for me than he usually is (at least when I look at the render).

majora_787

Smash Hero

Ridley / 10.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

The trolling would be so massive that the entirety of SmashBoards would be overwhelmed with rage/joy/despair that the mods will be forced to shut it down permanently.

Which means we should prepare to make a SmashBoards 2.0! I call for the Ridley Discussion Thread!

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
GameFAQs guy pointed out something fantastic about the King Kihunter trophy in the Direct. The one Ridley's theme played over.

Turns out that after you killed Kihunter in Other M, Ridley was seen eating its corpse.

Boom.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
GameFAQs guy pointed out something fantastic about the King Kihunter trophy in the Direct. The one Ridley's theme played over.

Turns out that after you killed Kihunter in Other M, Ridley was seen eating its corpse.

Boom.
Not to mention Ridleys theme plays when it is shown.

Most likely coincidence though.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036

Boom.
"When Ridley joins the battle, partially digested King Kihunter is in charge of the pyrosphere!
King Kihunter: "OH GOD KILL ME"
Also found this in that thread.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
There's been a number of new people joining the lounge lately, sooo I suppose it's time for me to start recycling my Ridley arts.

Here, have this one:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
S2A571_0D883A3C17CE8_000.gif

"The "magic" of Photoshop I guess...I can't do anything about it...yet."

EDIT: xD It makes me laugh a bit the fact that when someone sees my Catrin Ridley....they think of Lincoln.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This is what you wanted?

If no, then please explain what did you wanted then. Its impossible to attach Greninja`s tongue scarf to Ridley and match its placement on Greninja.
...Anyway, it doesn`t looks as i thought it will be.
I'm sorry, but nothing beats Brawl in the Family Ridley :awesome:
Did he appeared in any other BitF comic other than this one?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
There's one that's outright just called Ridley which is the only one where he has an actual speaking role aside from the ending of Divide by Hero, which is also the multi-parter where Kalimdori's avatar is from. Only other ones I can think of is Where's Waluigi and a mention in Leak and Smash Voters: Captain Falcon.

Ridley just so happens to be the creator's most wanted character after Mega Man's reveal too.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
This is what you wanted?

If no, then please explain what did you wanted then. Its impossible to attach Greninja`s tongue scarf to Ridley and match its placement on Greninja.
...Anyway, it doesn`t looks as i thought it will be.

Lol, not quite what I had in mind but close enough. Good job.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
There's one that's outright just called Ridley which is the only one where he has an actual speaking role aside from the ending of Divide by Hero, which is also the multi-parter where Kalimdori's avatar is from. Only other ones I can think of is Where's Waluigi and a mention in Leak and Smash Voters: Captain Falcon.

Ridley just so happens to be the creator's most wanted character after Mega Man's reveal too.
I completly forgot about those comics...
I hope "Leak" comic will be completly true if we already got Palutena...

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Good night my fellow fans, may we prove all the naysayers wrong another day (and bring this to 1000 sooner)

D

Deleted member

Seriously? I didn't know that, I think the only time he has expressed that was on the Leak comic and now that I see it, the Smash Voters, kinda funny it's his most wanted

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Looking through again, found a reference to him in the Greninja comic.
"There’s only room enough in my heart for one fire-breathing dragon anyway…"

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Who cares? This dude is totally wrong about the Zelda Skyward Sword character that will get in!
To be fair, which Skyward Sword character the person thinks will get in is inconsequential to the Trophy Quiz theory. As long as some newcomer from Skyward Sword gets in, whether it's Ghirahim, Demise, or Groose, it would fit in with the theory.

Regardless, I don't really believe that theory myself, mostly because I find a Zelda newcomer to be less than likely at this point.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
To be fair, which Skyward Sword character the person thinks will get in is inconsequential to the Trophy Quiz theory. As long as some newcomer from Skyward Sword gets in, whether it's Ghirahim, Demise, or Groose, it would fit in with the theory.

Regardless, I don't really believe that theory myself, mostly because I find a Zelda newcomer to be less than likely at this point.
Ghirahim? Demise? Groose?

WRONG!

Why would a Zelda newcomer be anything less likely than a Metroid newcomer if I may ask?

Top Bottom