• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
He's so big, it takes 13 months for him to be revealed. The last year has actually been his reveal trailer.
He has actually been hinted to appear since 64. The problem is, he's so big, that they can only make a fraction of his character every year, so technical limitations prevent him from appearing yet. To compensate for the wait, he's been added as a boss in Brawl to give (sort of) a sneak pic of what he does in this game.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
He has actually been hinted to appear since 64. The problem is, he's so big, that they can only make a fraction of his character every year, so technical limitations prevent him from appearing yet. To compensate for the wait, he's been added as a boss in Brawl to give (sort of) a sneak pic of what he does in this game.
Dyna Blade confirmed?

majora_787

Smash Hero
It all makes sense. No wonder he wasn't in Melee or Brawl. It's a 15 year tease.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Looks like someone used my texture hack for this image...
What crazy match ups do want to see Ridley in.

I think a fight where Ridley is getting beaten by Jigglypuff would be quite hilarious, what do you guys want to see?
I think he should have at least 45/55 matchup with Samus, 50/50 or even 70/30 with Little Mac, 10/90 with Meta Knight unless he will be balanced in a wrong way, 68/32 with Bowser and 41/59 with Ganondorf (mostly because i really want Ganondorf to be at least good in Sm4sh).

Also, it is impossible to make Ridley and Samus shake hands because Samus has her arm cannon on her right arm.

Also waiting for Ridley vs Bowser or RIdley vs other villain additions obviously.
Are you talking about SSB match or what? If SSB match, then i had a video of it.
Am I the only one that used to spell Ridley as "Ride-lee" before Other M, and still does so sometimes? :/
I still call him "Reed-lee"...
Even Samus gives Other M a bad review. Now we need Ridley giving it a thumbs down.

You`ve asked for it. I added facepalm too.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Does Mario even have a canon?
In fact, how many Nintendo games do? I mean, there's Metroid, Fire Emblem (despite inconsistencies in Awakening), Mother, Zelda (albeit a rather convoluted one), maybe Kirby...
Somebody tell me if I'm missing something here. At the very least, I know that Smash Bros doesn't tend to follow the canon of other games anyway.
I know this is a late reply, but screw it.

Pikmin definitely has canon, as Pikmin 2 follows immediately after the first game. Exactly how much time passes before 3 happens is unclear though, but it couldn't be too much later since Olimar and Louie almost look the same as they did in 2 age-wise.

Though there may be some sort of time distortion since in each game the planet is drastically different (for example you see Earth at the end of 2 with the continents looking the same as today, but in 3 they're all rearranged like Antarctica having collided with Australia). It's been said in-game that it may be due to rapid tectonic shifting, but even then the amount of change given the small span of time between each game is puzzling.

But back to Ridley, his Amiibo would match to his official artwork like all the other fighters, so hopefully he's doing a cool pose with wings open and everything.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Looks like someone used my texture hack for this image...

I think he should have at least 45/55 matchup with Samus, 50/50 or even 70/30 with Little Mac, 10/90 with Meta Knight unless he will be balanced in a wrong way, 68/32 with Bowser and 41/59 with Ganondorf (mostly because i really want Ganondorf to be at least good in Sm4sh).

Also, it is impossible to make Ridley and Samus shake hands because Samus has her arm cannon on her right arm.

Are you talking about SSB match or what? If SSB match, then i had a video of it.

I still call him "Reed-lee"...

You`ve asked for it. I added facepalm too.
:3 AWESOME! since I don't know how to use models and stuff...I will just imagine the they're all giving a thumbs-down to Other M...

ORIDS2.png

I'm bored... :3

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's almost like there's a latent obsession present here

You know, is it just me or do space pirates just have a REALLY bizarre thing for keeping pets? Just going off the Prime trilogy here, mostly. Reminds me of a certain VN character and it makes me laugh.

Is this when we get Ridley and space pirates looking after adorable pure evil alien hamsters?

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Someone do up a poorly photoshopped image of Shrek and Donkey I GUESS? saying "Ridley Ridley."

Also the number 2 is really terrible.

Number of poo, and a stretch of Earth measuring 2 thousand, 2 hundred, 2 miles is like my worst enemy in life.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley with T.rex heads instead of hands:

I think adding Samus isn`t necessary. Are you happy now?

Also, do you still remember this animations?

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I know this is a late reply, but screw it.

Pikmin definitely has canon, as Pikmin 2 follows immediately after the first game. Exactly how much time passes before 3 happens is unclear though, but it couldn't be too much later since Olimar and Louie almost look the same as they did in 2 age-wise.

Though there may be some sort of time distortion since in each game the planet is drastically different (for example you see Earth at the end of 2 with the continents looking the same as today, but in 3 they're all rearranged like Antarctica having collided with Australia). It's been said in-game that it may be due to rapid tectonic shifting, but even then the amount of change given the small span of time between each game is puzzling.

But back to Ridley, his Amiibo would match to his official artwork like all the other fighters, so hopefully he's doing a cool pose with wings open and everything.
Also a late reply, but dammit how the hell did I forget Pikmin, that's one of favorite series and Olimar is my main in Brawl :X
So yeah, that has canon. Derpaherpaderp.

AndreaAC

02A571_0D982D08D4986_001.gif

Ridley: "HEYYYY LITTLE BROTHEEERR! DO YOU WANT TO PLAY A GAME? IT IS CALLED "SURGERY"!"

Roidley: "NOOOO!! AHHHH!!!"

Ridley: "IT IS NOT GOING TO HURT TOO MUCH!...I JUST NEED YOUR HANDS A THE HEADS OF THE YOSHI THINGS!"

xD I thought of this when I saw Roidley with T-rex heads for hands....

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
View attachment 16784
Ridley: "HEYYYY LITTLE BROTHEEERR! DO YOU WANT TO PLAY A GAME? IT IS CALLED "SURGERY"!"

Ridley: "IT IS NOT GOING TO HURT TO MUCH!...I JUST NEED YOUR HANDS A THE HEADS OF THE YOSHI THINGS!"

xD I Thought of this when I saw Roidley with T-rex heads for hands....
I thought of HEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
View attachment 16784

Ridley: "IT IS NOT GOING TO HURT TO MUCH!...I JUST NEED YOUR HANDS A THE HEADS OF THE YOSHI THINGS!"

xD I thought of this when I saw Roidley with T-rex heads for hands....
Huh, I think this is the first time Roidley is actually scared of Ridley. Maybe the lights are finally starting to turn on in his head?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Huh, I think this is the first time Roidley is actually scared of Ridley. Maybe the lights are finally starting to turn on in his head?
Naw, now Roidley sees Ridley as a "misguided helper" whose murder sprees were actually entirely accidental.

Roidley: We're heroes!
Ridley: ...Even though I am the closest thing to pure evil in this universe, I just don't have the heart to tell him.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Do we know which head Ridow (Ridley + shadow) uses? Dies Ridow use Roidley or Ridley head?

AndreaAC

Naw, now Roidley sees Ridley as a "misguided helper" whose murder sprees were actually entirely accidental.

Roidley: We're heroes!
Ridley: ...Even though I am the closest thing to pure evil in this universe, I just don't have the heart to tell him.
xD I don't think these are accidental....and I have not thought in a deep way their situation aside from the fact that Ridley hates Roidley.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
What name would you guys prefer for shadow Ridley.

Ridow or Shadley?
Or perhaps Shadowley or Rishadow?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
xD I don't think these are accidental....and I have not thought in a deep way their situation aside from the fact that Ridley hates Roidley.
Here are some ideas:
Roidley isn't actually aware that the Space Pirates are just a bunch of murderous thugs. For all he knows, Samus Aran is the evilest being in the universe.

Ridley's murder sprees, total hatred of Roidley, and general villainy are just Ridley's need to be rough in bettering the universe, him joking around with his lil' bro, and in general being an anti-hero.

Roidley's primary use in the Space Pirates is as dumb muscle and as a deterrent for mutinous Space Pirates, lest they face the wrath of an enraged loyal brother.

D

Deleted member

Don't worry, knowing Roidley, they'll burn out in a few minutes or he'll break them by smashing his head into walls because they'll feel too hot.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Looking at you, @ SchAlternate SchAlternate ...
Don't worry! Leave it to--

Ridley with T.rex heads instead of hands:

I think adding Samus isn`t necessary. Are you happy now?
Damn you. Just when I got in the mood to draw T-Rexes--

Also, do you still remember this animations?
HEY!

I INVENTED that gag, ya poser!

Stupid 3D nonesense, thinks he can step over me like nothing grumble grumble

I'm actually not mad

D

Deleted member

I still want to see pictures of Ridley trying to fight Samus with his T-Rex Chomper Toys.

Actually, that'd be more of a Roidley thing, he probably would think the mouths on sticks would be genius.

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC or @ SchAlternate SchAlternate ?

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

Here are some ideas:
Roidley isn't actually aware that the Space Pirates are just a bunch of murderous thugs. For all he knows, Samus Aran is the evilest being in the universe.

Ridley's murder sprees, total hatred of Roidley, and general villainy are just Ridley's need to be rough in bettering the universe, him joking around with his lil' bro, and in general being an anti-hero.

Roidley's primary use in the Space Pirates is as dumb muscle and as a deterrent for mutinous Space Pirates, lest they face the wrath of an enraged loyal brother.
D: OH NOES! THE DILEMA COMES AGAIN!

22A571_0D7272753F1C4_000 (2).gif

"IT ALSO HURTS!"
I still want to see pictures of Ridley trying to fight Samus with his T-Rex Chomper Toys.

Actually, that'd be more of a Roidley thing, he probably would think the mouths on sticks would be genius.

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC ?
I think I will leave that one to SchAlternate...I have to do my homework...

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So...here's an awesome idea for a Metroid stage, though it might be too late to do so, Ridley being a major stage hazard in it.
Add in some random falling debris, 100% less Meta Ridley, and we have a solid, competitively banned stage.

Top Bottom