• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok a question for @OblivionWolf

I overheard you saw some rocket things under the pryoshere of the palutena trailer i checked i did not see anything.

(And im guessing you are talking about the purple things.)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
To not purchase this game over two characters not getting in is ridiculous. Seriously, you're not excited to play as anyone else on the roster?! You're just following this game in hope for Ridley and Mewtwo? I strongly believe they will get in, but even if they don't they are incredibly likely for DLC characters. Unless you're one of those people that just can't force themselves to buy DLC.

Honestly BruV Brawl didn't do shiit for me except take away a character I loved Ridley nor K. Rool was playable and the only thank you I got was Mewtwo being cut so please don't tell me what is ridiculous the amount of Bias Bull* that is going on is already absurd so I don't need this shiit getting screwed over for 10+ years I will probably pick up the game second hand.

Edit: RealTalk

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well august is make or break for any more hype characters outside the release.

Then After that the unlockable characters that have trailers.

(Even though we will have a leak roster before then.)

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Lmao ****ing ASS you would think asking for a simple veteran to return is simple well I guess it's not.

Why get a game if it has nothing for you?
It's a product they are selling they market to gain people's intrest so they purchase.

Nothing has interested me enough to purchase.

If you went to a theme park to have a go on 2 of your most favourite rides but they weren't available would you still go?
And it cost £35 to enter

Everyone has interests.

Edit: I am cool with DLC if it is worth the price or if it intrest me enough

Last edited:

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
Lmao ****ing *** you would think asking for a simple veteran to return is simple well I guess it's not.

Why get a game if it has nothing for you?
It's a product they are selling they market to gain people's intrest so they purchase.

Nothing has interested me enough to purchase.

If you went to a theme park to have a go on 2 of your most favourite rides but they weren't available would you still go?
And it cost £35 to enter?

Everyone has interests.
I never claimed you couldn't have interest in Ridley and Mewtwo, I support them for this game also. I apologize if I came off as an ***hole, judging from your response I guess I did.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I never claimed you couldn't have interest in Ridley and Mewtwo, I support them for this game also. I apologize if I came off as an ***hole, judging from your response I guess I did.
No its cool your cool it's all good I'm the one that's a pissed off butthurt Asshole recently I just wanna play this game for years like I did melee and not sell it after 4 months like Brawl.

Last edited:

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
It's funny how I initially bought the wii u last christmas in order to get SSB4
And now we learn it's realeasing next christmas, scumbag Nintendo !

majora_787

Smash Hero
I've already preordered the 3DS version. Even though my opinion of the roster would be injured heavily by the lack of several characters, I plan on getting it anyway. I have hope for a good outcome to all of this.

And really, I wouldn't expect Ridley or MOST charracters to be revealed by release at this point. Pretty sure between July and August, all we're getting are two, MAYBE three veterans and a newcomer unless for some reason we have another Smash-centric direct. Which I kind of doubt, but I guess we'll see in two months.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
On the subject of getting the game w/o Ridley, I plan on getting both versions regardless of who gets confirmed. I'm a huge Smash fan, and I already have some characters I'd like to play.

However, I'd be terribly disappointed is literally no newcomer outside of Greninja interested me in the slightest. Megaman I was kind of happy about, but all other newcomers were either 'meh'(Rosalina, Little Mac, Villager, WFT) or 'ugh.' (Every E3 reveal.)

Ridley isn't dead yet. Maybe, maybe on life support, or with one of those wheel chairs because he can't quite walk(look at Super Ridley's legs!), but the hope is alive.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I dunno why people think Ridley's chances got even worse after E3. The pessimism is real. xD

But yeh I dunno. I don't have a Wii U, so if I don't end up liking the final roster then I wouldn't be very inclined to go out of my way to get one and get SSB4 for Wii U but I'm getting the 3DS version regardless.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I dunno why people think Ridley's chances got even worse after E3. The pessimism is real. xD

But yeh I dunno. I don't have a Wii U, so if I don't end up liking the final roster then I wouldn't be very inclined to go out of my way to get one and get SSB4 for Wii U but I'm getting the 3DS version regardless.
I still think Ridley is playable, he's just being saved as an unlockable.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Ridley or no Ridley, I'm getting both versions. Though similar to @ The King of Skulls The King of Skulls none of the newcomers are especially exciting to me except Greninja. Palutena used to be that way too, but after all the leaks about her and the fact that everyone saw her coming the specialness of her reveal was all but drained in my case. She's still one of my top wanted characters and I'm very glad she's in, don't get me wrong there, but nonetheless the actual moment wasn't as thrilling as I had imagined it in the past.

Quite honestly the only characters that will get me to do cartwheels through the house by this point are any of the hype three, aka Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo, and maybe Shulk.

In fact now that Palutena is safely in the roster fold, Ridley has taken the spot for my most wanted newcomer. So you can bet your avatar I'm gonna be fighting for him till the end.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
To me at least, I don't think Ridley's chances have diminished at all, literally nothing happened regarding him at E3, if anything I'm more convinced due to the lack of Pyrosphere. Perk up guys, nothing's been confirmed yet. Where'd all that hope and support go that you guys all had not one week ago. With all of that said I really want to see replenished optimism. Sakurai is unpredictable, I genuinely think that this roster is going to turn out differently than the way everyone is predicting. We'll just have to wait and see.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To me at least, I don't think Ridley's chances have diminished at all, literally nothing happened regarding him at E3, if anything I'm more convinced due to the lack of Pyrosphere. Perk up guys, nothing's been confirmed yet. Where'd all that hope and support go that you guys all had not one week ago. With all of that said I really want to see replenished optimism. Sakurai is unpredictable, I genuinely think that this roster is going to turn out differently than the way everyone is predicting. We'll just have to wait and see.
I think most people are annoyed that we heard NOTHING about Ridley at all.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
It seems kinda stupid to still be working on Pyrosphere (original) all this time later. And it's sillier that Sakurai and his team supposedly still haven't managed to finish what appears to be the stage's best feature, yet were working on and are finishing up on Pyrosphere FD, then to go back to finishing a stage hazard for a stage that was revealed months ago. It doesn't make any sense, surely Pyrosphere and all its features were completed before starting development on Pyrosphere FD (Pyrosphere FD wasn't really essential)...? If not, then... well... that's poor planning and development ._.
LTTP, Ive touched on this before, if you go to Zelda's official page on the dojo and look at the Phantom picture, and compare it to a more recent one you will see just how rough the older build was, and nobody had a problem with having that picture being displayed for months and who knows for how much longer. Sheik's fingers are the stuff of nightmares, and nobody cared, they just showed them in all their creepy glory. Really, does Ridley not deserve even a freaking PotD? Granted, there are many stages yet to be revealed for many franchises, but we werent left in the dark with the knoen ones as much as Pyrosphere. In reality, at this point, the only thing they could be doing is improving/adding textures or details to the stage, no way the actual mechanic is not done long ago.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I had no most wanted character before I knew the Ridley hype.
And that may be bad, because first I though : I don't want a particular character, so I'm fine with any newcomer
Now I'm like : "COME ON, it's not Ridley you ***** !!!'
And I will be desapointed if he's not, so I may be making myself some pain, damn you Ridley Hype
(it kinda feels like the love feel when you meet someone..., and I know I won't even look weird by saying that, because you know, we're in the Ridley thread)

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
You Know, August falls in line with the Nintendo direct schedule..... and remember, August is a very Metroid-y month. Other M came out in august, and it IS only two months before the release of the 3DS version. even less so for the Japanese release....

I'm sure we didn't get Ridley during E3 because Pac Man was used as a Hype bomb, and if they gave us Ridley, they'd have used up quite a bit of their Ammo. Actually, I'm more sour about the fact that we didn't get any Veterans. we should've at LEAST gotten Wario!

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

We kinda learned that the lava flow is merely cosmetic, and thus now there is one piece of evidence less to support the idea that the hazard on Pyrosphere is something else.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Is there EVEN a damn f**king stage hasard officialy ? I mean, it could just be Sakurai trolling and Pyrosphere is the regular Ridley Stage (like boxing ring for little mac, galaxy stage for rosalina, palutena stage ect...)

Xenorange

Smash Lord
You Know, August falls in line with the Nintendo direct schedule..... and remember, August is a very Metroid-y month. Other M came out in august, and it IS only two months before the release of the 3DS version. even less so for the Japanese release....

I'm sure we didn't get Ridley during E3 because Pac Man was used as a Hype bomb, and if they gave us Ridley, they'd have used up quite a bit of their Ammo. Actually, I'm more sour about the fact that we didn't get any Veterans. we should've at LEAST gotten Wario!
Well put, I agree with you, conserving ammo is key when participating in drawn out battles.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
How many of us actually own a wii u? I dont.
I don't own one, but I am buying it for Splatoon later this year. December, maybe.
Well, we could be getting it in November. But yeah I see your point.
We could also get it only January 2015. lol. No, seriously, if October is summer for Nintendo, holidays might as well be January.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If you ask me, I'd rather have no news about Ridley instead of news about him that's bad.
Agreed. The fact that he's holding off on showing Ridley for so long I think is actually more a hint that Ridley is playable, not that he isn't. Doesn't help Pyrosphere wasn't shown at all either.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Agreed. The fact that he's holding off on showing Ridley for so long I think is actually more a hint that Ridley is playable, not that he isn't. Doesn't help Pyrosphere wasn't shown at all either.
Exactly, why would he tease us for so long just to s*** all over us. Sakurai cares about this game you guys.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Are we sure the Dark Emperor is a stage boss? He seems like one. Because we're pretty damn lucky in that case since the Nintendo Treehouse guys got him as a trophy from Smash Run in their live event. Imagine how buzzkill it'd have to be for Nate to announce that he got a Ridley trophy.

majora_787

Smash Hero
We kinda learned that the lava flow is merely cosmetic, and thus now there is one piece of evidence less to support the idea that the hazard on Pyrosphere is something else.

When did we learn that? And either way, "one piece left" doesn't mean we no longer have our biggest and most condemning evidence against Bossley. That's really not much of a game changer at all.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If you ask me, I'd rather have no news about Ridley instead of news about him that's bad.
I agree. Though it may just be because I don't care about Ridley as passionately as others here do, I don't mind waiting past E3 for a potential reveal. I'm just glad that he survived E3 without a scratch, which is actually quite notable considering how a number of potential characters are dropping dead every few seconds.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
What would handing the thread over to someone else even mean anyway. Like, do they just not want to see my name there because I said a thing they didn't want to hear? Obviously I'm a Ridley supporter, lol. Like you said it doesn't mean much that I made it to begin with, and it wouldn't change the fact that I did make it. They'd still know I made it. SO LIKE I DUNNO MAN???

I popped in to check on the thread during E3, and there were some acting like Ridley's non-reveal ruined the whole thing. Incredible. E3 was so good and you can't be happy because of one little thing.

I mean, you're being a little harSh. Sure, some people are acting out. But it's not nearly as bad as last time 'round.

You own the thread. Gotta keep your spirits up, be a role model for the new generation.

And no, I don't actually want thread ownership. I'm just Salty that you made it first

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I will say my opinion on his chances now.

I declare this music my official realtalk music from now on.

For those who read my essay, the main argument I used was that because Sakurai waited too much, it wouldn't make sense to announce him as hazard. However, we now know that it wasn't to get people hyped as we saw a denial of acknowledgement at E3.

So now, if he's an hazard, he can be revealed in potd or if there's a smash direct or some sort (I don't think it will be revealed in a regular direct that is for newcomer). If he's playable, it would more likely be announced in a regular direct or smash direct. There's still the possibility of knowing only after September 13 which is the release date in Japan.

Basically, we have absolutely no clue on how, when and what will be announced on him. This makes us lacks evidences to support both sides because at this point, both are equally possible now. In other words, not only it's still a 50/50 which could be changed with hinting evidences, but now, it''s a complete 50/50 without any hinting or solid evidences supporting one side more. What this means is that I should not EVER see one person calling anyone in denial because right now, there's no hinting towards him being playable and no for hazard that is outside the direct which I already proven how the evidences aren't solid and support both sides evenly. Actually, we should have nothing to talk about his chances now because the only hinting that could have been solid evidence (the lava being hazard) is now gone.

This leads me to the most fishy evidence ever: the demo. The only stage revealed before pyrosphere that isn't in the demo is the wiifit studio which tbh, we didn't see it a lot but we did for pyrosphere. So, if you're so confident to reveal this stage AND showing us lots of it even to a point of showing a potential hazard, why not being confident enough to have it in the demo? For some reason, I believe that it's not for development purposes but for hiding purposes. And again, this doesn't support him more being an hazard because if it was in the demo and not showed, then he would became almost confirmed playable. It really seems like on both scenario, he still didn't include it in the demo so that we don't know what would happen but it's still weird to see this.

Unfortunately, it ends here. This is pure speculation at this point and the reality is still a 50/50 without any hinting evidence towards either sides but rather a series of evidences that supports both sides evenly. Just want to remind this to tell that nobody is in denial if you are doubting but you just can't be sure it's contradicting the facts here.

But since this IS a speculation forum after all, let me state my opinion on the demo evidence (this is the only debatable evidence left so...)

I think that it's more playable than hazard now. Why? Because let's say he's an hazard, not being revealed at E3 but remember, we saw footage of him acting has an hazard on the stage with a mention to him being an hazard. We would already know that he would seem to fly with AI in the center-right and then go to attack and maybe grab people (is it confirmed that he grabbed pickachu? Need to know this).
So, we play the demo and no pyrosphere... I don't think it would make sense. See, if you have not shwon pyrosphere but rather find mii while saying the quote, then it would actually make sense to not be in the demo. We still don't know what he does and the stage hasn't being showed frequently so it would likely still be in development. But pyrosphere is one of the most showed stage (even to the point of seeing details that can't be seen normally). Showing the shadow of a potential hazard (just this is weird) and then not show the whole stage is just weird. I said that the shadow could not be because of development reasons (short explanation: they waited for months for other things before showing them) so, if it was indeed ready to be shown, why not do it?

This argument is similar to my previous one pre E3 as it tells me playable because if hazard something doesn't work if I see it. but the thing with this argument is it would still make sense because Sakurai did intentionally hold information and teased us in previous potd for weeks and even months before actually tell us what those things are. It could also have to do with dev reasons but not a video clip because we see something that video doesn't: animation. If he's animation was ready, then I see this as an intentional tease rather than him not being ready for the demo.

But there's a big problem with this: what if they just wanted to have a minimum amount of stages for demo purpose which should actually be the game really limited? It could have been but Metroid is quite an important series to nintendo so not showing how it would look is again, weird. It's a possibility but I don't think you should have put the Colosseum before pyrosphere but that's just me though.

Verdict: I believe he's playable but now, my level of doubt went from 25% to 75%. As you can see, I'm less sure about this and that is only because of the weight of my argument. The one before E3 was more solid than the one I provided here because there's a clear possibility of this not happening. Though, I can say say this for how and when he would be revealed:

Assuming he wouldn't be deconfirmed in any potd, he would be revealed in a nintendo direct or smash direct or we don't hear anything before September 13.

It's more ambiguous than before and this is because we pretty much are left almost clueless now. This unfortunately won't end until a deconfirming potd or a confirming direct or a unrevealed hidden character. The only thing this thread has to remember is this:

If you still hope for playable, he would have to survive every potd until September 13 and him being an unlockable OR until a direct that is not deconfirming him and rather confirms him.

No matter how I see this, this just turned into and endless cycle until clear evidences which we have no idea when they will come. The only thing we know is the deadline: September 13.

That's all. I should post less in this thread because it's now left in the dark and shadow (hue hue). Arguing, should be very straight forward from now on (between supporter, the haters is another story depending if they see the facts properly).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Not to mention August is also the anniversary of Metroid as a whole, both in Japan and America.

Reila

Not to mention August is also the anniversary of Metroid as a whole, both in Japan and America.
It would be a nice time to announce a new Metroid game, with Ridley's trailer by the end of the Nintendo Direct.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It would be a nice time to announce a new Metroid game, with Ridley's trailer by the end of the Nintendo Direct.
Eh, by the sounds of it they're only at the discussion state as what to do with the franchise. I doubt we're going to see anything officially on Metroid until next year's E3 at earliest, otherwise they'd probably have rushed development so they had at least something to show of a new Metroid at this year's E3.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I really don't think anything happened at E3 to increase doubt much if at all. All that happened was they skirted around revealing his role once again, and we didn't get anything new. The old information still applies.

Though regardless we'll find out any time between 60 days and 90 days from now.

Reila

Eh, by the sounds of it they're only at the discussion state as what to do with the franchise. I doubt we're going to see anything officially on Metroid until next year's E3 at earliest, otherwise they'd probably have rushed development so they had at least something to show of a new Metroid at this year's E3.
I am aware of that, but I can still dream of a Metroid being announced this year.

Top Bottom