• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Nope, didn't see him. I spotted Metal Sonic, though, so that's cool.
I was just about to say that, badass metal sonic trophy

and that totally wasn't Ridley in the trophy

And PurpleSpaceDragon, dude. That's the kind of **** this thread needs to stop doing.
This, times 30. please.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What would be the problem if Ridley was among the trophies? Tons of playable characters are there too.

Random off-topic question: Was this the first video showing Master Hand? It was, right?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So we found Ridley, most likely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRq5bz6ZNYU

57 seconds, in the upper left. Big purple thing with what seems to be a tail.

Ridley is found. Probably.
It's hard to say, but it does kind of resemble the three headed dragon that someone else posted.

EDIT: If you pause it at the right moment, you can pretty clearly see those three heads. It's not Ridley.

On another note, it looks like we can toss a whole bunch of random trophy characters into the graveyard now.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
What would be the problem if Ridley was among the trophies? Tons of playable characters are there too.

Random off-topic question: Was this the first video showing Master Hand? It was, right?
it was indeed

a lot of new stuff in this video, actually.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
What drives me insane about it is that the antigrav hardly changes anything other than seeing things from a slightly different angle. Even the underwater/gliding introduced in 7 shook things up more.

Back to Ridley, if he does end up as a boss, but is DLC, who will they pull an Alfonzo with for the Pyrosphere? Vorash doesn't seem like he could attack the same way as Rids.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
What drives me insane about it is that the antigrav hardly changes anything other than seeing things from a slightly different angle. Even the underwater/gliding introduced in 7 shook things up more.

Back to Ridley, if he does end up as a boss, but is DLC, who will they pull an Alfonzo with for the Pyrosphere? Vorash doesn't seem like he could attack the same way as Rids.
Meta Ridley seems like the obvious pick for Alphonzo-ing it.

Reila

No one said it needs to be from Metroid

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsvmgr0liP4
"Why give up, why give in?
I'ts not enough, it never is.
So I will go on until the end..."
Pyrosphere not being in the demo is weird because
a) It is one of the first stages to be shown and only behind battlefield in terms of screenshots and
b) stages that were shown a week before were actually there
This means that Sakurai avoided the Pyrosphere in order to hide something or simply because he felt like it, I think this debunks the "Sakurai wanted to hype the boss battle against Ridley" because if that was the case, Why didn't he showed it on the E3? The place where hype is in the air? Why didn't he showed this exciting new addition to fight against the players in the demo? Something like "people that play the demo will be excited about fighting Ridley"
Also, Sakurai mentioned that he wanted to make this game "the best gaming game" or something like that, but it had to do with characters, if Sakurai thinks that the like of Chrom, Chorus men and Greninja will represent that then he had gone mad.
We'll finally know his fate in September but I'm still thinking he is playable as Sakurai is acting out of character with him

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's a sad day when Master Hand is guaranteed to be a more interesting boss fight than Ridley should he turn out a boss. :p

Reila

That design is still ridiculous almost a year later. He looks he has a massive beard and eyebrows.
Aerodactyl is cosplaying as Serj Tankian, didn't you know?

Seriously though, I don't think there is a boss in Metroid that could replace Ridley in the Pyrosphere, aside from other version of him. Or maybe there is no boss in the stage if Ridley is in a match there.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's not like anyone would miss Bossley if Ridley is playable on the stage...

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Well E3 is over I guess, it was pretty good but when it came to smash I think we were expecting much more due to the believing that it will come this summer, since its been pushed back there going to string more characters and other stuff about the game and off course our favorite dragon so lets get rid of this negativity & continue to keep on supporting Ridley till is his reveal :bee:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Well E3 is over I guess, it was pretty good but when it came to smash I think we were expecting much more due to the believing that it will come this summer, since its been pushed back there going to string more characters and other stuff about the game and off course our favorite dragon so lets get rid of this negativity & continue to keep on supporting Ridley till is his reveal :bee:
So basically, you're saying to be positive?
Time for another cat gif!

By the way, if somebody can put Ridley over the lizard I will love you forever and ever and ever.

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
The Rhedogian could very easily replace boss Ridley :
-It appears several times in Other M at different locations....
-including the Pyrosphere (even if it's not in the geothermal power plant),
-Can fly,
-Shoot missiles,
-Can also grab you in Other M to slam you on the ground,

Last edited:

Reila

Hey look, it's how all the detractors will react when playable Ridley arrives. :troll:
And this is how we will react by reading their comments after Ridley's reveal:

We gotta act like gentlemen and ladies and laugh internally about their stupidy

Reila

Technically, he could be safe even if his trophy was in the picture.

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
What a great day to be a Metroid fan! I love that Nintendo agrees with the fandom that both 2D and 3D Metroid need to go forward.

My bet is that Next Level Games has been working on 2D Metroid ever since they released Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon in early 2013. Remember back when Dark Moon came out, and the Next Level president said that "Nintendo keeps throwing us better and better franchises to work with"? Now that we know they're not doing Star Fox, 2D Metroid is logically the most likely. And I bet it'll be amazing.

And Retro has certainly been slowly tinkering away at a new Prime-style Metroid for years....so I eagerly anticipate another one-two Prime/Fusion-style combo punch sooner than most people think.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
What a great day to be a Metroid fan! I love that Nintendo agrees with the fandom that both 2D and 3D Metroid need to go forward.

My bet is that Next Level Games has been working on 2D Metroid ever since they released Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon in early 2013. Remember back when Dark Moon came out, and the Next Level president said that "Nintendo keeps throwing us better and better franchises to work with"? Now that we know they're not doing Star Fox, 2D Metroid is logically the most likely. And I bet it'll be amazing.

And Retro has certainly been slowly tinkering away at a new Prime-style Metroid for years....so I eagerly anticipate another one-two Prime/Fusion-style combo punch sooner than most people think.
Hang on. Star Fox isn't happening?

Reila

One have to wonder if Next Level Games have what it takes to develop a Metroid games as good as the ones developed by Nintendo EAD or Retro Studios. I mean, Luigi's Mansion 2 was great, but not as great as the original (although it is subjective, I know). Punch Out!! Wii, on other hand, is better than the other iterations in the franchise or at least I liked it more. Well, if they are working on Metroid, they couldn't possibly make a game worse than Other M or Prime Hunters, so that is a plus.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Inb4 Fusion

Jokes aside. Did anything come of that ZeRo thing yet? I know it's not really relevant to Ridley, I'm just curious.

And aside from that, I think people trying to figure out Ridley's odds based on roster layouts are in for a bad time. The 3DS and Wii U rosters are most likely going to have slightly different layouts of the same characters it looks like. So it's almost impossible to get anything out of the roster at this point.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Something to remember about when the developers are in the character design and application process:

Fan favoritism is not the only qualification they consider.

Even if Ridley is hands-down the most requested newcomer (which he very well may be), that doesn't mean the developers-- namely, Sakurai-- think he would work for a various amount of other reasons. Size. Moveset. Uniqueness factor. Etc. All of this is taken into consideration (along with who the developers themselves are most excited about) as they start drawing up designs and moving forward in the character creation process. And while in that process, they gradually begin to cut ideas that didn't fit. It's quite possible that Ridley, as well as a whole bunch of other fan favorites not yet mentioned, were being worked on then dropped when they had to narrow down the roster to only the best candidates. This cutting board process happens in every game ever made.

That said, I'd love for Ridley to be in it. I hope he's in it. But to claim that they're idiots for not putting him in is showing a bit of ignorance of the developmental process. As Sakurai so bluntly put it: "Have you ever made a game?"

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Last edited:
Top Bottom