• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Wait, what announcement?
ZeRo, at this very second, is doing an AMA on reddit. Apparently there's some announcement that he knows and will reveal at some point (Presumably today).

In response to the announcement on reddit, he responds with, "IN A BIT."
And the reason why this is being brought up in the Ridley thread is because people are hoping that said announcement is Ridley and/or Metroid Prime 4.

D

Deleted member

Wait, what announcement?
When Zero posted on Reddit saying he was doing an AMA, he mentioned that there would be some "extremely hype" announcement that would be made the next day, which would be today.

EDIT: I guess I have a natural talent for being Ninja'd, 5th time today. :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Has ZeRo (I need a less common name btw) actually said it has to do with Sm4sh?

And it certainly isn't going to be about Metroid Prime 4. That'd be like telling the winner of EVO that Half-Life 3 will be confirmed at PAX East.

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When Zero responded to the comment he posted that group picture of him and the other Smash Players with Sakurai in front of a TV. Has anyone thought that maybe whats on that TV is the big announcement?
If it was I'd be surprised if he doesn't clarify.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm actually really happy with every choice they have made so far, except Toon Link.
The issue I am having so far is that none of the characters have been specifically out of being so overwhelmingly wanted that fans could do nothing but **** their pants and *** in mommy's mouth.

Ridley, K Rool, Mewtwo, Isaac--- I mean, these are giant hitters, the most requested folk.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
That is literally the funniest thing I've ever seen Ridley do in Smash, even though it's fake. It makes me want to see Ridley do the new screen KO for this game.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
That is literally the funniest thing I've ever seen Ridley do in Smash, even though it's fake. It makes me want to see Ridley do the new screen KO for this game.
I made a to big joke earlier in the new screen KO effect thread, but I would actually love to see some glass shatter when Ridley collides with it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well seeing the AMA, there's nothing ponting at the announcement being about smash 4.
where do we see this? isnt it all over?

It very much irks me that Palutena gets in and Ridley is sidestepped yet again, when the consensus around these parts was each had roughly the same showing before E3 and each was teased without being shown, of course. Now, Sakurai probably thinks revealing Ridley at the last Direct will make Ridley fans happy. He's partially right but I've lost a lot of respect for him for how he's unceremoniously dragged this out. If he's a boss hazard, this has to be the biggest possible turd he could take on Ridley and his fans. I do hope he's in, but I just want the torture to end. The fact that it's still this uncertain is absolutely ridiculous and he has not done this with any other character, they've all been confirmed now.
ER... Im fairly certain if ridle is in, he is secret, and thusly will stay hidden.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Check my location. No matter how long the shot, I'm rooting for the big one!

BRING ON THE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
Inb4 annoucment that wavedashing is back. This probably would acutally be hype to competitve players.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nope! And he's taking forever. Also why did the thread get so quiet?
Because there's currently no news on Ridley at this point. Of course it became quiet. Its highly unlikely this has anything to do with Ridley either so I don't know why people keep bringing it up.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Whatever the "hype" announcement is, I seriously doubt it has anything to do with Ridley or any other newcomer. If Nintendo said that further newcomers would be announced later at E3 (which is over), I would have believed it. But we've only gotten Mii, Palutena, and Pac-Man, and that's all we're going to get for now.

You should just stop paying attention to it if you're expecting Ridley.

Last edited:

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Whatever the "hype" announcement is, I seriously doubt it has anything to do with Ridley or any other newcomer. If Nintendo said that further newcomers would be announced later at E3 (which is over), I would have believed it. But we've only gotten Mii, Palutena, and Pac-Man, and that's all we're going to get for now.

You should just stop paying attention to it if you're expecting Ridley.
I just want any news Smash related, if it does turn out to be Ridley that would be a nice bonus.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I believe that with the evidence we've been given, Ridley is in.

But I'm also worried, because I've begun to realize that Sakurai is somewhat of an idiot. An idiot really good at making games. I feel like he may see the want for Ridley to be in Smash and think "Oh I got just the thing for them! I'll make him a HUGE awesome stage hazard! They'll love seeing their favorite Metroid enemy in Smash!"

I'm afraid he'll think we want him as Playable or as a hazard and that either is fine. Because he's Sakurai

cybersai

Smash Ace
I simply think Ridley's exclusion in Smash is because the Metroid franchise isn't very popular to Japan.

Sakurai would rather use obscure characters from random NES games or WTF characters like Wii Fit trainer than include a notable villain like Ridley.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
isn't very popular to Japan.
Did not know that beforehand... But look at Little Mac! Most Japanese people didn't know who the **** he was, yet he got in to please the western audience. What's stopping him from confirming the East v. West he promised? We have 3, being Mac, Palutena, and Pac-Man, so the last one be who?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Did not know that beforehand... But look at Little Mac! Most Japanese people didn't know who the **** he was, yet he got in to please the western audience. What's stopping him from confirming the East v. West he promised? We have 3, being Mac, Palutena, and Pac-Man, so the last one be who?
The only real reason against Ridley is that it'd be hard to make him work due to how his moves work, but considering all the characters we got, I don't see how that's a problem at all. There's pretty much nothing that would stop Ridley from getting in, especially since he's one of if not the most requested characters.

And yes, Little Mac makes the "Ridley isn't as popular in Japan" argument to shame. There's plenty of characters who can appeal to the Japanese market just as much as Little Mac and Ridley appeal to the western market.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
The only real reason against Ridley is that it'd be hard to make him work due to how his moves work, but considering all the characters we got, I don't see how that's a problem at all. There's pretty much nothing that would stop Ridley from getting in, especially since he's one of if not the most requested characters.

And yes, Little Mac makes the "Ridley isn't as popular in Japan" argument to shame. There's plenty of characters who can appeal to the Japanese market just as much as Little Mac and Ridley appeal to the western market.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No one here wants him in. Yet he's the 3rd-4th most popular in Japan.
In response to Ridley's moves, He can take his moves from his boss fight in the Subspace Emissary, plus the Plasma Breath, tail of doom, Metroid Box if you want... Ya it'd be hard to import moves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom