• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
I hate when people say "he can't be bigger than Bowser, because there is no one bigger than Bowser". It's like saying "we can't have Little Mac because he would be stronger than X, and no one is stronger than X"
We can't have a character who only punches and has a 1HKO! We've NEVER had a character who only punches and has a 1HKO! This logic is like attempting to prove that there was no Smash Bros. after 64 or something, I swear.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You will have to play on that stage with boss Ridley at some point if you want to play "for fun" online (stages are chosen randomly).
Then I would immediately drop out of the match if that stage was chosen. It's not that hard to do.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
I'm mostly insulted by the idea that I will be forced to bash the hell out of the character I wanted in the game the most, was teased at by Sakurai, and then ultimately didn't get. Because hey, if Ridley is as non-threatening as Yellow Devil looks, I'll be spending the next 5-6 years killing Ridley over and over.

Thanks, Sakurai.

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
If Roidley is playable in this smash, I really wonder what they are going to do with him in smash 5 if in the next metroid Ridley is something like Meta/Omega Ridley, keep him as Roidley or heavily modify him (body and moves) to represent the new Ridley ?
They will probably do what they do to Link and just keep him that way. Even with a new Ridley.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Then I would immediately drop out of the match if that stage was chosen. It's not that hard to do.
Also if the Pyrosphere happen to be the only new metroid stage in this game, you will have no choice but to play on it in classic mode and all star mode if you ever want to complete them at least once.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Alrighty, time for some positive thinking No more unrealistic sadness and proving to ourselves why Ridley's a BOSS, not a character.

My E3 speculation wishlist:

Characters I know will be in the final roster (This is completely independent from my desire to see them in)
Ridley
Palutena
Mewtwo
Awakening Representative

Characters I think will be in the final roster:
King K. Rool
Isaac

Characters I want in the final roster:
Ganon
Porky
Black Shadow
Shulk
Sprite Pac-Man

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well, if Ridley is a boss, I hope to god he is exclusive to the Wii U version. Take this noise outta my beautiful 3DS version.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That's not the important part. A unique move isn't what proves it for me. It's Ridley's tiny size that proves it for me.

Ridley's hugest size possible:

Ridley's smallest size possible:

Why would a BOSS, especially one as infamous a Ridley for changing sizes, be THIS tiny?

And for reference:

There's the possibility that the shadow is messed-up. Ever see your shadow on the platform above you in Brawl?

And here's something to think about: Why does this Ridley's tail match OM's perfectly? This doesn't appear to be a redesign like what Samus got, it looks one-to-one to OM to me. Don't you think a character deserves a new model? A boss? Doesn't matter that much.

Morbi

Scavenger
Alrighty, time for some positive thinking No more unrealistic sadness and proving to ourselves why Ridley's a BOSS, not a character.

My E3 speculation wishlist:

Characters I know will be in the final roster (This is completely independent from my desire to see them in)
Ridley
Palutena
Mewtwo
Awakening Representative (Robin)

Characters I think will be in the final roster:
Shulk
Pac-Man

Characters I want in the final roster:
Ganon
Hades
Black Shadow
It was much easier to just edit your post because you and I have similar tastes.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
There's the possibility that the shadow is messed-up. Ever see your shadow on the platform above you in Brawl?

And here's something to think about: Why does this Ridley's tail match OM's perfectly? This doesn't appear to be a redesign like what Samus got, it looks one-to-one to OM to me. Don't you think a character deserves a new model? A boss? Doesn't matter that much.
Thank you so much. You finally gave me a new argument to counter. God I love this!

Anyhow, I chose Other M Ridley's tail, because that's the skinniest tail Ridley's ever had. (Seriously, his tail is thick most of the time)

If Smashley's tail is thicker, then I could complain that Ridley's too small.

If it's even skinnier, then I guess he COULD be a boss, but it would be silly-looking to see Ridley with such a stringy tail.

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Ok boys(and girls) It is almost time that everyone's favorite purple and fire breathing pterodactyl is gonna be revealed. Too bad I will miss it live since I am taking exams, hopefully I won't have the whole thing spoiled for me.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Thank you so much. You finally gave me a new argument to counter. God I love this!

Anyhow, I chose Other M Ridley's tail, because that's the skinniest tail Ridley's ever had. (Seriously, his tail is thick most of the time)

If Smashley's tail is thicker, then I could complain that Ridley's too small.

If it's even skinnier, then I guess he COULD be a boss, but it would be silly-looking to see Ridley with such a stringy tail.
I was talking about how in the direct, his tail matched exactly. Not your pictures. Somebody even did a comparison some-odd pages ago, to prove it was OM Ridley. Samus got a completely new model and texture, Ridley has his old model and texture.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
For once I'm actually glad I'm in Britain, the direct starts after I get back home from an exam for me. So hyped

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
I was talking about how in the direct, his tail matched exactly. Not your pictures. Somebody even did a comparison some-odd pages ago, to prove it was OM Ridley. Samus got a completely new model and texture, Ridley has his old model and texture.
Om Ridley's tail is bone white, the one we say has a noticeable purple tint, plus not to mention he is much skinnier and smaller than his OM model.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Wellllll...It could be a sleeker, newer model. After all, the Other M Ridley's tail is pure bone-white, while the Smash model has a red gradient to make the bonelike tail more bonelike. I highly doubt we'll get steroid duck again.

Like, I'Unno, Concept Artley.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm beginning to feel bad for Roidley.

He has a cool design, it's not his fault he was modeled terribly.
That's basically how I feel. I think Roidley and I see the concept art, which is why I don't get how people hate his design. I mean yeah they goofed modeling it in the game, but the design itself seems fine to me.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Actually, my wishlist is in order from oldest to newest with confirmed characters moved to the front in order of confirmation and deconfirmed characters moved to the end in order of deconfirmation.

Trivia for you guys, if you didn't know some of these characters were as old as they are. :p

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Look Everyone!! I saw Leak characters from IMDb was
-Mike Jones
-Palutena
-Isaac
-New 3rd Party Characters from Devil May Cry
-Wario
-Wolf
-Shulk-Avatar...Mii?

Screen shot 2014-06-09 at 4.50.15 PM.png

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, my essay on ridley several pages back is the message I got the most likes thanks.

I love this thread (minus the "in denial" bull**** and detractor being mean).

I believe seriously that if he isn't playable, Sakurai wouldn't have any choice but to explain himself. There has to be a reason to act so suspiciously and let this frozen to then end up with something that will disappoint people which could've been avoided. The only good explanation to not put him in is because of the effort required but in this case, why acting so suspiciously? There's clearly something we don't know that would blow our mind tomorrow. I'm not sure but I think it just has to end like this.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Om Ridley's tail is bone white, the one we say has a noticeable purple tint, plus not to mention he is much skinnier and smaller than his OM model.
I thought the color was because the model used for the comparison was 'cleaned?'
Skinnier? Not that I recall. Somebody should bust out a comparison again to check this.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
-Mike Jones
-Palutena
-Isaac
-Wario
-Wolf
-Shulk-Avatar...Mii?

View attachment 15820
I remember when someone edited that world champion boxer Manny Pacquiao was going to fight Bugs Bunny for the WWE Championship at a kickboxing event on Wikipedia.

Also, why is this on the Ridley thread when Ridley isn't on it=???

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
-Mike Jones
-Palutena
-Isaac
-Wario
-Wolf
-Shulk-Avatar...Mii?

View attachment 15820
Regardless of this being false in every way, Avatar could also mean the Fire Emblem Awakening player character. But let's not dwell on this too long, kind of pointless to do so.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The leak was real. Ridley wasn't there because Sakurai's fifth cousin eighteen times removed didn't want me to tell you that I am doing the voice of Ridley in SSB4 for the 3DS. His cat is doing the voices for the Wii U version due to system limitations.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
-Mike Jones
-Palutena
-Isaac
-Wario
-Wolf
-Shulk-Avatar...Mii?

View attachment 15820

EDIT: Actually, he is. Huh. :upsidedown:

Regardless, this is so fake it hurts.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@ Meandpikachu Meandpikachu
This is not the place for discussing rumors that don't pertain to Ridley in the slightest. There are already designated threads for rumors/leaks, but ones that fake are just better off not posted.

Please get back to Ridley chatter everyone, thanks. ;)

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
-Mike Jones
-Palutena
-Isaac
-Wario
-Wolf
-Shulk-Avatar...Mii?

View attachment 15820
Hideo Kojima=God? Next
Anyway I have been so confident for ridley being playable and now....I'm even more confident, Sakurai has teased Ridley far more than every character combined and I believe Sakurai is not so stupid to try to hype a mechanic that doesn't interest anyone in the slightest, and add to that that he made the boss so badly design, I mean he would be
-Very slow
-Very small
-Any character with a projectile would kick his ass badly
-It is so badly designed that it needs a lava hazard to help him
-It is already done by another game
I mean, Ridley detractors claim that Ridley wouldn't be Ridley if he isn't big but he would be Ridley if he is a small, slow ripoff that needs help to be a decent hazard?
I'm confident that one of the things we are going to see a trailer of ridley smashing mario, link, etc to later get updated at the official website with the words "Newcomer" on his profile

Top Bottom