• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Like I said, it's not because I dislike Pac-Man. It's because I hate the Sal leak. I'd be equally satisfied with a Palutena deconfirmation. While I don't dislike Pac-Man, I despise Palutena.
It's alright.

We can hope for a Chrom disconfirmation instead. I don't want to Gamatsu leak to be real either.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Is the general consensus in here that if he isn't revealed tomorrow, he's not playable?

If I were you guys, I would honestly hope for the best, but expect the worst to happen. Simply so that it doesn't hurt as hard if he isn't playable, but it's that much more sweet when he IS playable.

That might just be me though. . Good luck tomorrow guys!
There isn't a consensus. Some think he might be unlockable, others think tomorrow is his only chance of being revealed (I am in this group).

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
It's alright.

We can hope for a Chrom disconfirmation instead. I don't want to Gamatsu leak to be real either.
Surprise twist - in order to go along with the villains E3 theme of K. rool mewtwo and ganon and Ridley, instead of Chrom, black knight from Ike's games is the FE newcomer xD

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I seriously don't think the Gematsu leak is real as it is, and I have no idea why people hold onto that. But this isn't the thread for that either. :p

D

Deleted member

If they completely avoid him and Pyrosphere, I'm taking as a confirmation
If he's revealed as a stage hazard, IF he is bigger than the shadow analizies, I'm taking a confirmation of multiple roles

Reila

You guys must really hate Chrom.

Ahh well, more love for Shulk.
Nah, I just prefer Robin. And Lucina. And the red-haired girl (forgot her name).

But yeah, Shulk must be in. I need Xenoblade music in my Smash.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Is the general consensus in here that if he isn't revealed tomorrow, he's not playable?

If I were you guys, I would honestly hope for the best, but expect the worst to happen. Simply so that it doesn't hurt as hard if he isn't playable, but it's that much more sweet when he IS playable.

That might just be me though. . Good luck tomorrow guys!
Yah.

E3 is basically the biggest event of the year, so it would make sense to reveal him at this date. And there's no point in making him an unannounced secret character when he's been teased so thoroughly.

I mean, unless there's a Direct a week before the game's release...

majora_787

Smash Hero
The game would have to be released pretty late in August for there to be a direct prior to it I'd think. If it's out in late June - early August I think this is the last chance to show stuff that isn't a non-3rd party veteran reveal.

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Nah, I just prefer Robin. And Lucina. And the red-haired girl (forgot her name).

But yeah, Shulk must be in. I need Xenoblade music in my Smash.
Iam guessing You will know our Names is your jam, but I kinda prefer Time to Fight, Yoko Shimomura is da best.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yah.

E3 is basically the biggest event of the year, so it would make sense to reveal him at this date. And there's no point in making him an unannounced secret character when he's been teased so thoroughly.

I mean, unless there's a Direct a week before the game's release...
Or if, you know, they do a good 'ol fashioned let us find out on our own

As much as I hope that's the case, I do kinda doubt it

Reila

I guessingYou will know our Names is your jam, but I kinda prefer Time to Fight,Yoko Shimomura is da best.
You Will Know Our Names is a given. The second track (for the 3DS version, the Wii U can have tons of tracks) should be the Colony 9 theme. <3

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Or if, you know, they do a good 'ol fashioned let us find out on our own

As much as I hope that's the case, I do kinda doubt it
I'm now imagining what if they decide to keep him an unannounced secret character.

(Playing on Pyrosphere for first time)

"Hey, where's the boss? This game is ruined!"

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm now imagining what if they decide to keep him an unannounced secret character.

(Playing on Pyrosphere for first time)

"Hey, where's the boss? This game is ruined!"
Well, I mean, there were around 8 characters un-anounced in Brawl before the game's release in Japan, 4? of which newcomers? At least Rob/wolf/toonlink, maybe one or two more. It's just Brawl got leaked completely.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
You Will Know Our Names is a given. The second track (for the 3DS version, the Wii U can have tons of tracks) should be the Colony 9 theme. <3
Yeah there are too many song to chose from, shame were only going to get two for the 3DS, I wonder what stage were getting I kinda want a floating stage flying around the Bionis and Mechonis but that's a tall order :chuckle:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Welp, I'm going home for the day, I will furiously speculate and watch and all of the above the E3 with you guys from work tomorrow instead of doing important adult things

Unless there's a meeting and I can't get away with it

that would suck

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Well, I mean, there were around 8 characters un-anounced in Brawl before the game's release in Japan, 4? of which newcomers? At least Rob/wolf/toonlink, maybe one or two more. It's just Brawl got leaked completely.
It was 12 characters unannounced; all unlockables minus the third parties, four of which were newcomers (R.O.B., Lucario, Toon Link, and Wolf).

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
I seriously don't think the Gematsu leak is real as it is, and I have no idea why people hold onto that. But this isn't the thread for that either. :p
I really hope its not real since Mii would be a huge waste of a character. I honestly don't want Pac-Man in either but I'm ok with it as long as they don't use his Ghostly Adventures appearance (that version of Pac-Man is so annoying).

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
A few things...

For all we know, you might be able to select bosses on/off. So if Ridley doesn't show up on Pyrosphere, that might not necessarily mean that he is not a boss. We won't know for sure.

Second, I just rewatched the portion of the Direct with the Yellow Devil. There are actually a number of flying platforms going around the level... just like on Pyrosphere. So the presence of these flying platforms doesn't mean that a boss cannot appear.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I really hope its not real since Mii would be a huge waste of a character. I honestly don't want Pac-Man in either but I'm ok with it as long as they don't use his Ghostly Adventures appearance (that version of Pac-Man is so annoying).
To be fair, the Ghostly Adventures version we'd likely see would be a lot more saturated, which helps a lot with its appearance.

The second one is waaaay better than the first, isn't it?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
A few things...

For all we know, you might be able to select bosses on/off. So if Ridley doesn't show up on Pyrosphere, that might not necessarily mean that he is not a boss. We won't know for sure.

Second, I just rewatched the portion of the Direct with the Yellow Devil. There are actually a number of flying platforms going around the level... just like on Pyrosphere. So the presence of these flying platforms doesn't mean that a boss cannot appear.
Said platforms also conveniently disappear when the Devil appears. And they're mobile, unlike the static platforms on Pyrosphere.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
If Pac-Man MUST be in the game, I hope it's a flat 2D sprite.

Said platforms also conveniently disappear when the Devil appears. And they're mobile, unlike the static platforms on Pyrosphere.
Those platforms could disappear as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

majora_787

Smash Hero
The static platforms and huge size just make tiny Ridley really awkward as a boss if he turns out to be one. What are they plotting? They're up to something.

EDIT: Have we ever had a stage where STATIC platforms that are part of the permament stage layout on a non-moving stage disappear? I don't think so.

Last edited:

Reila

So I read that "riddle leak" and I am hyped as **** again. Damn.

Morbi

Scavenger
The static platforms and huge size just make tiny Ridley really awkward as a boss if he turns out to be one. What are they plotting? They're up to something.

EDIT: Have we ever had a stage where STATIC platforms that are part of the permament stage layout on a non-moving stage disappear? I don't think so.
I am going to take a stab at it: Playable Ridley?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I am going to take a stab at it: Playable Ridley?
Genius. Why didn't I think of that? :B

But yeh. Everything about this stage just spells doom for Bowser-sized Ridley. There's like that 1% of possible doubt, but I'm pretty convinced he's playable at this stage.

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Holy crap, I leave for an hour or so and all the optimism goes down the drain. :glare:

Come on guys, you're better than this.

We really should be optimistic. Tomorrow we could very well have our most wanted newcomer and an awesome trailer introducing him. Ridley could very well soon be part of the Smash family!

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
The platforms on Wily's Castle are on a track. That must mean that both the platforms and the track mysteriously disappear for the Yellow Devil to come in. The Pyrosphere platforms can do the same thing. It could be something as simple as the past F-Zero stages where platforms just rise up and down depending on whether or not they are needed.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The platforms on Wily's Castle are on a track. That must mean that both the platforms and the track mysteriously disappear for the Yellow Devil to come in. The Pyrosphere platforms can do the same thing. It could be something as simple as the past F-Zero stages where platforms just rise up and down depending on whether or not they are needed.
They're static platforms, we have never seen them disappear on vanilla Pyrosphere, and I highly doubt they'd make Pyrosphere be not only a TOUR stage, but a lava-hazard-based stage with a boss so inexplicably awesome that we can't behold its glory despite tons of requests for playability.

Occam's Razor: Ridley's playable, and there's a new lava-based hazard that takes advantage of the large stage.

majora_787

Smash Hero
if they make it a rotating lava hazard tour stage (:troll:) maybe it'll be so absolutely insane it'll actually make ridiculously slow scyphozoa Bowser-sized Ridley more like a boss. By which I mean not at all like a boss, and more like dealing with tons of BS while an awkward thing floats after you. :p

It'd be better than Dinkley just being a slow and small boss on a huge sprawling stage with platforms for everyone to use to never have to deal with him.

Top Bottom