• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
If Ridley makes absolutely no appearance at E3 (trailers, stages, what have you), whatsoever, I think we may have actually won this thing.
I think we'd actually be in the same position we are now, but slightly worse in the sense that people would continue to go crazy over lack of information. Plus it would be a bit malicious of Sakurai to let the arguments continue on (and enjoy it), whilst at the same time continually trolling the fans with further cryptic messages and teaser images/footage. He needs to settle it at E3, hopefully his choice is in Ridley's favour (playable).

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
There are a billion opportunities for Sakurai to casually deconfirm Mr. Scott like he did (or tried to, I guess) during the Direct.
Except he didn't. If Sakurai wanted to disconfirm Ridley, he could have done that ages ago.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Except he didn't. If Sakurai wanted to disconfirm Ridley, he could have done that ages ago.
Yep. He only said something which could easily be interpreted as an implication that Ridley is a stage hazard

Which at face value tells you that Ridley is a stage hazard

I pity the man who takes everything that Sakurai says at face value

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Yep. He only said something which could easily be interpreted as an implication that Ridley is a stage hazard

Which at face value tells you that Ridley is a stage hazard

I pity the man who takes everything that Sakurai says at face value
Basically every detractor out there lol

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Basically every detractor out there lol
you can discount the size of shadows, the fan outcries, mainly everything else; imo basically the main important fact is

was sakurai trolling with that trailer

I mean, yeah, it's possible he wasn't trolling. And I don't wanna be crushed by disappointment again, so I'm even going to say it's probable he wasn't. It's a self serving lie, but I'm saying it.

But then you look at the rest of the direct. And then at Sakurai. but he's been replaced by a substitute doll so you move on.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
1.5? Is Sakurai only going to show half a screenshot on Tuesday? :troll:
Easy it'll show Samus shooting on Pyrosphere with the half she is shooting at blurred out/black. With an "it could go either way and sorry about the technical difficulties" explanation on it.
Just to get that extra hype in and to hopefully make detractors nervous, haha

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
you can discount the size of shadows, the fan outcries, mainly everything else; imo basically the main important fact is

was sakurai trolling with that trailer

I mean, yeah, it's possible he wasn't trolling. And I don't wanna be crushed by disappointment again, so I'm even going to say it's probable he wasn't. It's a self serving lie, but I'm saying it.

But then you look at the rest of the direct. And then at Sakurai. but he's been replaced by a substitute doll so you move on.
Given how he was in the direct, and the things he did (that you mentioned), Sakurai just seemed like a light-hearted person. His substitute doll, his intro with "yes, I'm still alive", the trolling with Sheik and Zero Suit Samus, and things he says is like he knows how to reach fans. I think the situation with Waluigi was a case of misinterpretation. I think originally Sakurai was making a reference to Waluigi's character, that he is often known to be a try-hard (I think it has been specified in a manual somewhere). However, the translation seems to make fans think that Sakurai was mocking the character and its fans, laughing that Waluigi wouldn't be a playable character. That's probably why Sakurai had a Waluigi on his desk during the Direct, to show that he has no hatred towards the character (although how Waluigi fans interpret it is another matter). So taking this into account, with Sakurai being all malicious with Ridley's role and trolling Ridley's fans would just seem out of character for him, especially considering the consequences and uproar would be far worse this time, something Sakurai can't afford to repeat. I hope Sakurai doesn't make that mistake.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I think there's a Don Bluth quote out there that says that as a story teller, you can torment and destroy your audience however you please as long as there's a happy ending.

For some reason I feel that saying is relevant.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Ahaha lolz cant wait till u guys will see that ur Atlantic ocean character gets deconfirmed tuesday ahah lolzzzz

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Uhm no hes a boss character sakurai showed him in the direct... God u ridliots r so annoying plsz dont come with any more arguments after hes confirmed as a boss after e3 ok?! And they didnt even showed him in the picture of the day this week so hes not important.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
So, aside from Omega Ridley/some other transformation, does anyone have any idea what his final smash might be?

Part of me was hoping he'd call in some space pirates, kind of like a less derpy version of DDD's original one, but I don't think that fits too terribly well.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Wow. The notifications only listed likes and not posts. Had to shift through three more pages of posts.

But yeah, new Wii U stage is a generic arena featured in Fire Emblem games. These arenas aren't featured in Awakening or Radiant Dawn, but are featured in the GBA Fire Emblems as well as Marth's Archanea games and (I believe) the Jugdral games as well. You send your units there to challenge randomly selected opponents of all levels and classes to farm for money and experience while risking their lives in the process. It's fun for everyone involved, don't you know. The dragon in the background is one of several opponents. As awkward as it is, in one game, manaketes were banned from arenas.

By which they meant, YOUR manaketes were banned from arenas. You could end up fighting anything short of an Earth Dragon.

Also, four days until Maybe Ridley. Hype for all.

EDIT: For final smashes I'm hoping for skin hardening.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So, aside from Omega Ridley/some other transformation, does anyone have any idea what his final smash might be?

Part of me was hoping he'd call in some space pirates, kind of like a less derpy version of DDD's original one, but I don't think that fits too terribly well.
Well, in Other M, Ridley has a frenzy cry at a frequency that turns all alien wildlife in the vicinity into berserking monsters.

It's either that, or a Metroid Prime-style Space Pirate raid, with Pirates bringing their leader items and attacking the combatants.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'd love to see Ridley do the thing he did in Other M where he starts flying around with hardened skin and dropping ridiculously wide-range explosive fireballs. A space pirate frenzy would be cool too, but that's something I'd be more interested in seeing for Wolf's new final smash to be honest. And I don't really want to see Ridley imitate OLIMAR either. :p

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Wow. The notifications only listed likes and not posts. Had to shift through three more pages of posts.

But yeah, new Wii U stage is a generic arena featured in Fire Emblem games. These arenas aren't featured in Awakening or Radiant Dawn, but are featured in the GBA Fire Emblems as well as Marth's Archanea games and (I believe) the Jugdral games as well. You send your units there to challenge randomly selected opponents of all levels and classes to farm for money and experience while risking their lives in the process. It's fun for everyone involved, don't you know. The dragon in the background is one of several opponents. As awkward as it is, in one game, manaketes were banned from arenas.

By which they meant, YOUR manaketes were banned from arenas. You could end up fighting anything short of an Earth Dragon.

Also, four days until Maybe Ridley. Hype for all.

EDIT: For final smashes I'm hoping for skin hardening.
"Sorry, Ridley. You're not allowed in the Coliseum."

:troll:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Who do you guys think that should be Ridley's partner? I'm gonna go mainstream and say samus Ridley as partners.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Man this thread moves fast, looks like I dodge the crazy cycle

I kinda prefer for his skin hardening to be his down B reflector, it would defiantly make him unique, the only big body with a reflector and it fits his personalty because he rushes you down like a crazy beast but we all know hes a freakin genius and you know you feel that way when you successfully land a reflection.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Man this thread moves fast, looks like I dodge the crazy cycle

I kinda prefer for his skin hardening to be his down B reflector, it would defiantly make him unique, the only big body with a reflector and it fits his personalty because he rushes you down like a crazy beast but we all know hes a freakin genius and you know you feel that way when you successfully land a reflection.
I always anticipated Ridley's Down+B as being his tail spike where he rides along the floor with his tail. I really can't see it being anything else, but 'eh, we'll find out when he's announced.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0208.JPG

My Catrín Ridley is not only a fancy dragon, he's also a fancy dragon grim reaper...

Since I got the concept of the "catrín" from the Day of the Dead (a beautiful and colorful celebration from Mexico) and combined it with Ridley (also remembering my old grim reaper Ridley drawing...)...I made Ridley able to turn into a soul stealer..and I used Pikachu as an example...I don't hate pikachu, but it is Ridley's revenge after what happened in the SSE...

EDIT: xD oh right...sorry for the quickly lazy applied colors...

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
View attachment 15559

My Catrín Ridley is not only a fancy dragon, he's also a fancy dragon grim reaper...

Since I got the concept of the "catrín" from the Day of the Dead (a beautiful and colorful celebration from Mexico) and combined it with Ridley (also remembering my old grim reaper Ridley drawing...)...I made Ridley able to turn into a soul stealer..and I used Pikachu as an example...I don't hate pikachu, but it is Ridley's revenge after what happened in the SSE...
I want this as an alt costume now

D

Deleted member

It seems we'll get 800 pages before E3 after all, I'll make a fake Ridley leak for you guys to discuss

Top Bottom