• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
All this talk has me tempted to make WWSD merchandise. T-Shirts, bracelets, wallpapers, and the like. Alas, if only if I had the money.

After all, haven't you ever wondered What Would Sakurai Do?

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
All this talk has me tempted to make WWSD merchandise. T-Shirts, bracelets, wallpapers, and the like. Alas, if only if I had the money.

After all, haven't you ever wondered What Would Sakurai Do?
Only problem is that no-one knows what Sakurai would do but Sakurai. :denzel:

D

Deleted member

At this point I'm not even sure if Sakurai knows what he would do, his mind is probably so enigmatic and manipulative that he just leaves his development team absolutely baffled on a weekly basis for the sake of trolling and amusement and then just "happens" to carry it out to the general public as a part of his master plan for world puppeteering and domination via Smash Bros (which he sometimes probably doesn't agree with).:dizzy:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
See what I mean, I acknowledge the possibility that Ridley might be a boss hazard. But really if he is, from what we know now it's just shaping up to be either great for Ridley being a playable character, or a really big step down as a boss from his TWO boss encounters in Brawl.
Not to mention he possibly wouldn't even appear on the 3DS version if he is a stage boss on the Wii U versions Pyrosphere... Even more insulting...

Last edited:

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
The thing with Ridley and the Pyrosphere reveal, is that should Ridley be a boss, he is a boss in a new thing Sakurai is doing. If he said, "Ridley appears as a boss on Pyrosphere" right away, that would spill the beans on Yellow Devil and anybody else.

That's my take on it. But I feel like not mentioning Ridley by name doesn't mean much.
I think Ridley has a chance of being in the game, but there is THAT argument about the fact that Ridley is the boss character, just like the situation in the Spirit Tracks stage. So, if you aren't playing Ridley in Pyrosphere, he appears as a boss character/stage hazard. If you are playing Ridley, then Meta Ridley would appear instead :)

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I thought Ridley only appeared in half of the four handheld games? Zero Mission and Fusion, but not Prime Hunters or Metroid 2?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I thought Ridley only appeared in half of the four handheld games? Zero Mission and Fusion, but not Prime Hunters or Metroid 2?
He also appears in Metroid Prime Pinball.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Clones are technically related
Roidley needed Ridley's DNA is even exist
Yeah, I know that but, as I have mentioned many times before (And mostly everyone knows...) I don't like Roidley...so, In my head I do not consider it related to the Original (for obvious reasons...)....Instead, to be more in peace with it....I just consider Roidley like something from a parallel dimension or something like that....as Other M and Roidley contradict many things to the rest of the series....But you can take it as you want...I just did it for my own good, since I do not want to rant about it as much as before...

majora_787

Smash Hero
What does Roidley even contradict about the rest of the series?

EDIT: Like I know Other M has like one line of dialogue that ignores the fact that Prime 3 happened, but we never really know anything about Ridley normally. And then Other M Ridley is just an awkward science-clone with health problems who dies and gets put on the whatever ship freezer.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I actually quite enjoy Metroid Other: M's Ridley. I would not necessarily assert that he is my favorite, but I do like him.
Honestly, I really don't mind Other M Ridley. Maybe it's because I'm not a Metroid fan myself, but I think the design, while not on par with Ridley's original design, still works and looks decent. It also helps that that particular form of Ridley is the easiest to translate into a playable Smash character.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
8 days left, 9 until the demo. It's the final countdown for Ridley. This is somewhat relevant, but I don't suppose anyone from this here Ridley thread is going to the demo in Cedar Park, Texas?
I live in Texas, but not sure how far away that is from my area. Hmm... Probably not.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I live in Texas, but not sure how far away that is from my area. Hmm... Probably not.
It's ridiculous for people in Texas. xD There are like eight locations and seven of them are between two and a half hours and FIVE and a half hours away, one-way.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If Ridley's gonna get confirmed/de-confirmed, it's gonna be either This Week or at E3. Just like Kamek.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If Ridley's gonna get confirmed/de-confirmed, it's gonna be either This Week or at E3. Just like Kamek.
I'm not sure how Kamek has anything to do with Ridley's chances, either positively or negatively.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
What does Roidley even contradict about the rest of the series?

EDIT: Like I know Other M has like one line of dialogue that ignores the fact that Prime 3 happened, but we never really know anything about Ridley normally. And then Other M Ridley is just an awkward science-clone with health problems who dies and gets put on the whatever ship freezer.
OK. it contradicts many things for me, and that's it, I just imagined the freaking idea of the parallel thing just to be able to tolerate it...because if I relate it to canon, I can't...I just don't want to show too much hate as before....that is why I turned "Roidley" into some kind of comedic innocent thing...JUST to be able to tolerate it and stop ranting (too much...) about how much I don't like it....That's the way I deal with it....

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
  • Metroid [NES / GBA (NES Classics) / Wii (Virtual Console) / 3DS (Virtual Console) / WiiU (Virtual Console)] - Ridley involved.
  • Metroid Zero Mission [GBA - remake, NES original] - Ridley involved (plus a Metal/Robot Ridley).
  • Metroid Prime [Gamecube / Wii (Trilogy)] - Ridley involved.
  • Metroid Prime Pinball [DS] - Ridley involved.
  • Metroid Prime Hunters [DS] - No Ridley.
  • Metroid Prime 2 Echoes [Gamecube / Wii (Trilogy)] - No Ridley.
  • Metroid Prime 3 Corruption [Wii (single and part of Trilogy) - Ridley involved x2.
  • Metroid II [Game Boy / 3DS (Virtual Console)] - No Ridley.
  • Super Metroid [SNES / Wii (Virtual Console) / WiiU (Virtual Console)] - Ridley involved.
  • Metroid: Other M [Wii] - Ridley involved x3 (Infant, adolescent, ugly duck face adult).
  • Metroid Fusion [GBA / 3DS (Ambassadors) / WiiU (Virtual Console) - Ridley involved (well his body controlled by an X-parasite anyway).
So 5 Home Console games and 3 Handheld games that involve Ridley. I didn't include the Trilogy set since it's just a compilation of the 3 main Prime games.

So 8 out of 11 games have Ridley.

Let's throw in Smash Bros. while we're at it:

Super Smash Bros. [N64 / Wii (Virtual Console)] - Ridley involved (Background of a stage).
Super Smash Bros. Melee [Gamecube] - Ridley involved x 2 (opening sequence, trophy).
Super Smash Bros. Melee [Wii] - Ridley involved x 8 [2 Bosses (Ridley, Meta Ridley), 2 Trophies (Ridley, Meta Ridley), 2 themes (Ridley, Meta Ridley), 2 stickers.
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU/3DS [WiiU / 3DS] - Ridley involved [???].

Then there's:

• Ridley's featured on boxart for 3 games: Metroid Zero Mission, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (Japanese).
  • Ridley featuring as a cameo in Dead or Alive Dimensions Metroid Stage.
  • Ridley featured as part of the Villains promotion for the US eshop (With Bowser and Ganondorf).
  • Ridley featured as one of the places on the Nintendo themed Monopoly (Meta Ridley).
  • Ridley appears twice in Nintendo Land as 2 bosses (Ridley and Ice Ridley), and have the Ridley theme.
  • Ridley appears in NES Remix 2 for the Metroid remix.
  • Ridley appears in Captain N and the official (canon) Metroid manga.
  • Ridley appears in the live action advertisement for Metroid: Other M.

And the haters say he "isn't important" for the series or isn't as important as the one-shot Hunters, Mother Brain or Dark Samus.

Ha ha, good one.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Wait, Ridley appeared in the background of a stage in Melee? Like in Brinstar or something? I didn't know that.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Or they can keep him a secret until we get the game
That'd be pretty hard with the demo happening. If they didn't have the demo or made it a 3DS demo it would be easy to just not mention Ridley and not give anyone any new reason to believe Ridley is one way or the other.

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
That'd be pretty hard with the demo happening. If they didn't have the demo or made it a 3DS demo it would be easy to just not mention Ridley and not give anyone any new reason to believe Ridley is one way or the other.
Well what about we find out that he is a boss, but the boss is considerably different than to his shadow shown in the Direct, and they say nothing else about it. We get the 3DS version and then we find out that Ridley is a secret playable character that will just take time to unlock.

D

Deleted member

• Metroid [NES / GBA (NES Classics) / Wii (Virtual Console) / 3DS (Virtual Console) / WiiU (Virtual Console)] - Ridley involved.
  • Metroid Zero Mission [GBA - remake, NES original] - Ridley involved (plus a Metal/Robot Ridley).
  • Metroid Prime [Gamecube / Wii (Trilogy)] - Ridley involved.
  • Metroid Prime Pinball [DS] - Ridley involved.
  • Metroid Prime Hunters [DS] - No Ridley.
  • Metroid Prime 2 Echoes [Gamecube / Wii (Trilogy)] - No Ridley.
  • Metroid Prime 3 Corruption [Wii (single and part of Trilogy) - Ridley involved x2.
  • Metroid II [Game Boy / 3DS (Virtual Console)] - No Ridley.
  • Super Metroid [SNES / Wii (Virtual Console) / WiiU (Virtual Console)] - Ridley involved.
  • Metroid: Other M [Wii] - Ridley involved x3 (Infant, adolescent, ugly duck face adult).
  • Metroid Fusion [GBA / 3DS (Ambassadors) / WiiU (Virtual Console) - Ridley involved (well his body controlled by an X-parasite anyway).
So 5 Home Console games and 3 Handheld games that involve Ridley. I didn't include the Trilogy set since it's just a compilation of the 3 main Prime games.

So 8 out of 11 games have Ridley.

Let's throw in Smash Bros. while we're at it:

Super Smash Bros. [N64 / Wii (Virtual Console)] - Ridley involved (Background of a stage).
Super Smash Bros. Melee [Gamecube] - Ridley involved x 3 (Background of a stage, opening sequence, trophy).
Super Smash Bros. Melee [Wii] - Ridley involved x 8 [2 Bosses (Ridley, Meta Ridley), 2 Trophies (Ridley, Meta Ridley), 2 themes (Ridley, Meta Ridley), 2 stickers.
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU/3DS [WiiU / 3DS] - Ridley involved [???].

Then there's:

• Ridley's featured on boxart for 3 games: Metroid Zero Mission, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (Japanese).
  • Ridley featuring as a cameo in Dead or Alive Dimensions Metroid Stage.
  • Ridley featured as part of the Villains promotion for the US eshop (With Bowser and Ganondorf).
  • Ridley featured as one of the places on the Nintendo themed Monopoly (Meta Ridley).
  • Ridley appears twice in Nintendo Land as 2 bosses (Ridley and Ice Ridley), and have the Ridley theme.
  • Ridley appears in NES Remix 2 for the Metroid remix.
  • Ridley appears in Captain N and the official (canon) Metroid manga.
  • Ridley appears in the live action advertisement for Metroid: Other M.

And the haters say he "isn't important" for the series or isn't as important as the one-shot Hunters, Mother Brain or Dark Samus.

Ha ha, good one.
"He's just a random boss, Rundas or one of the hunters from Prime Hunters should be playable, I don't even need to mention Anthony because we already know he's in the game"

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well what about we find out that he is a boss, but the boss is considerably different than to his shadow shown in the Direct, and they say nothing else about it. We get the 3DS version and then we find out that Ridley is a secret playable character that will just take time to unlock.
I dunno, I really don't think we'll see Ridley IS IN FACT a boss at the demo and find out he's also playable later, but I've been wrong before.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Or they can keep him a secret until we get the game
Or, each copy of the game is different, some have Ridley, some don't, and some send you to another universe where Ridley never existed. Yet others send you to a universe where you have to share a small raft with Ridley and survive on the ocean. It'd be called,

Life of PIrate

Top Bottom