• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Hey, when it comes to shadows are they consistent between stages depending on height and such? Like has anyone compared shadows of Bowser from Pyrosphere to the one on Battlefield?

Also, i think its only been shown twice, but the one i'm looking at is in the Direct on Little Mac in Pyrosphere (where it shows his shadow with it on), but does anyone know if the Rocket Belt item changes size depending on the character that picked it up? (I think they look the same between Little Mac and Ike, but that's just me)

Anyways, I was thinking would it be possible to compare Little Macs shadow to Bowser's then if the item is a consistent size take its shadow from Little Mac and put it on Bowsers shadow? It'd be an interesting comparison between Ridleys and his (if possible) to say the least.

If someone could get the angles and all that right I'd really like to see it, I just have no idea how i'd go about doing all that. So if it's impossible or pretty much impossible feel free to ignore this comment, just a thought I had today.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Hey, when it comes to shadows are they consistent between stages depending on height and such? Like has anyone compared shadows of Bowser from Pyrosphere to the one on Battlefield?

Also, i think its only been shown twice, but the one i'm looking at is in the Direct on Little Mac in Pyrosphere (where it shows his shadow with it on), but does anyone know if the Rocket Belt item changes size depending on the character that picked it up? (I think they look the same between Little Mac and Ike, but that's just me)

Anyways, I was thinking would it be possible to compare Little Macs shadow to Bowser's then if the item is a consistent size take its shadow from Little Mac and put it on Bowsers shadow? It'd be an interesting comparison between Ridleys and his (if possible) to say the least.

If someone could get the angles and all that right I'd really like to see it, I just have no idea how i'd go about doing all that. So if it's impossible or pretty much impossible feel free to ignore this comment, just a thought I had today.
All I got from that was I REALLY want to see Ridley get the Rocket Belt. And the Tanooki Tail. And a Super Mushroom. And Metal Block.

THAT being said. It would be a cool easter egg/ detail if like, Metal Block Ridley resembled Meta Ridley, and Sonic looked like Metal Sonic, etc

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
All I got from that was I REALLY want to see Ridley get the Rocket Belt. And the Tanooki Tail. And a Super Mushroom. And Metal Block.

THAT being said. It would be a cool easter egg/ detail if like, Metal Block Ridley resembled Meta Ridley, and Sonic looked like Metal Sonic, etc
Basically I'd like to see Bowsers shadow with a rocket belt on him (since it'd be kinda like wings imo) compared to Ridleys shadow (since that's all we really have of him).

Also i'm personally looking forward to the bunny ears on him, haha. Also I couldn't agree more on the Meta Ridley/Metal Sonic easter egg.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Basically I'd like to see Bowsers shadow with a rocket belt on him (since it'd be kinda like wings imo) compared to Ridleys shadow (since that's all we really have of him).

Also i'm personally looking forward to the bunny ears on him, haha. Also I couldn't agree more on the Meta Ridley/Metal Sonic easter egg.
Gotcha. I concur, good sir. :seuss:

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
So what do you guys want for a Final Smash?

Meta Ridley?
I liked the idea of a Captain Falcon type of one where he would grab the people right on/in front of him and drag them across the wall of the Geothermal Power Plant, I'm not sure how that'd work with multiple people though, unless he could only grab one and when he came back he threw the person he grabbed at the stage at the other characters.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I liked the idea of a Captain Falcon type of one where he would grab the people right on/in front of him and drag them across the wall of the Geothermal Power Plant, I'm not sure how that'd work with multiple people though, unless he could only grab one and when he came back he threw the person he grabbed at the stage at the other characters.
That's pretty much what I had in mind. The Meta-Ridley transformation felt too cliche for me, and doesn't seem right for someone who's known for his aerial prowess.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0204.JPG

Just a drawing I did after hearing Ridley's theme on piano....sketchy

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So after looking at the new pic of the day...

Who wants an NFC figurine of Pyrosphere?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ridley doesn't really seem the type to let a bunch of Girls cheer for him
Girls might like him but I'm not sure about Ridley liking Girls
if you know what I mean
Probably agree, if his reaction to little girl Samus is any indication.

Wow, the moment you realize just how small Meta-Ridley really is when you remove the wings...
Did he leave his wings in a repair shop or something? But yeah, I like the derpy face he has there.

I think around here some people have been suggesting a generic Meta Ridley transformation while most I see have some really creative stuff such as Ridley flying in from directions of the stage, grabbing fighters flying up into the air and crashing back down onto the stage with them in hand and the adaptation one mentioned above to name a few. I can't exactly remember who proposed the other 2 ideas since I saw the ideas a while ago so...
After knowing what Mewtwo will most likely get as a final smash now (sigh), I kinda wouldn't mind smacking anyone who suggests a generic transformation for Ridley, whether it's Meta or whatever.

So after looking at the new pic of the day...

Who wants an NFC figurine of Pyrosphere?
I dunno about that... Maybe.

SmashAdr

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai teasing Ridley next week for e3 in POTD.. Shrunk down Trophy huh?? he knows his teasing the Ridley supporters

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
HEY GUYS!!!! GOD SPEAKING!!!! (whether you believe me or not!!!)

Whenever the PURPLE angel of death of the LORD is shown, I suggest you all close your eyes. IMMEDIATELY!!!

The first time someone didn't do as such, the PURPLE angel of death of the LORD wiped out thousands.

The last time such a thing happened, well, this is what happened to those who dared defile the tomb of the PURPLE servant of the LORD...
So remember: close your eyes when the PURPLE angel of death of the LORD shows up, and you shall be spared.

The PURPLE angel of the LORD will show no mercy to those who dare to oppose him by opening their eyes.

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
So I just had an idea for a final smash. Ridley will do a forward lunge and will grab the first person he touches then fly off the side of the screen, then a targeting reticle will appear that works much like Snake's FS. After pressing A, or after a few seconds goes by, Ridley will blaze across the screen, akin to the majestic peregrine falcon, and launch the victim's body at the desired location. You could just aim off the edge to for an instant KO, or aim them at other players in an attempt to knock them out with a high-speed player projectile. Of course if you miss, the player in your clutches would take substantial damage from bouncing off the stage and probably still get ko'd in the process. It would be like the fly-by bombing strike Meta Ridley does in MP1, but with the bodies of his victims instead of missiles.

Broken? Probably.
Hilarious and satisfying? Indubitably.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So, what are you guys planning to do if Ridley is disconfirmed in the Direct? Toobigots will surely try their best to make the lives of Ridley fans a living hell.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
HEY GUYS!!!! GOD SPEAKING!!!! (whether you believe me or not!!!)

Whenever the PURPLE angel of death of the LORD is shown, I suggest you all close your eyes. IMMEDIATELY!!!

The first time someone didn't do as such, the PURPLE angel of death of the LORD wiped out thousands.

The last time such a thing happened, well, this is what happened to those who dared defile the tomb of the PURPLE servant of the LORD...
So remember: close your eyes when the PURPLE angel of death of the LORD shows up, and you shall be spared.

The PURPLE angel of the LORD will show no mercy to those who dare to oppose him by opening their eyes.
Hehehe

Even though the effects of that are corny today. Thats a good description of what might happen to the ridley detractors if confirmed playable.

Oh and another thing just hit me

Quote of today

Some stages have been shrunk down and made into trophies, like this one of Tortimer Island for the 3DS version. I wish I could have a figurine like this in real life

Some stages have been shrunk down and made into trophies, like this one of Tortimer Island for the 3DS version.

Some stages have been shrunk down and made into trophies.

Some stages have been shrunk down

Pyrosphere definatly confirmed shruken now:troll:

Last edited:

Gusto

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo and Charizard are "long". Oops, guess they were never playable! Ever! Especially not right now!

And really anyone could say this about any villain at all. Bowser would just look like a bigger-than-average turtle if he were resized! For the king of all koopas he would look pitiful! Ganondorf would literally just look like a green ginger man with no other outstanding traits! For the king of evil he would look pitiful!

Oops, guess they have never been playable and will never be. Especially not right now!
Mewtwo and Charizard didn't need downsizing.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Charizard is 1,70 (5'07"). It doesn't seem to be downsized in Smash.

Pikachu is a whole different story, it is fairly bigger in Smash than in Pogeymanz games.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Indeed. Ridley's reaction to little girl Samus seems genuinely remorseful. It's actually kinda shocking.

Well, that's until Ridley goes the "senseless murder" route.

Still, kinda a **** move lowering the guard of a 3-year old girl.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Ridleys final smash should just be him dragging somebody across the death so its like an automatic KO.

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, for a Final Smash, I could see Ridley getting enveloped by a Phazon Cocoon and bursting out as Omega Ridley. Maybe give him a corruption bar that decreases over time, but also with use of your B-moves. All attacks are stronger, B-attacks are ridiculously stronger.

For a cheer, "Too big to lose! Too big to lose!'

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
This comic, then Little Birdie, but shrinking him a little bit is what would actually "ruin" him?
If anything, the manga actually perfectionaized his character, making him a cruel, relentless and despicable asshat. This one frame is only time he ever shows mercy, even in the most miniscule level.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
If anything, the manga actually perfectionaized his character, making him a cruel, relentless and despicable ******. This one frame is only time he ever shows mercy, even in the most miniscule level.
I like to think that he was pretending to look sad and remorseful in order to gain Samus's trust.
It does explain why he has no qualms about murdering a little girl.

Top Bottom