• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
If Ridley is in the game, I wonder which will be >his< stage on the 3DS version? If he has one, of course. Well even if has not one, the Metroid stage for the 3DS version wasn't announced yet or was it?
I'm not sure if Ridley will have his own stage, but I'm currently anticipating either a Fusion stage or a Hunters stage for 3DS.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
More like watch the 3DS release go by and them STILL not mention anything since it's a Wii U exclusive stage.
well, at least the 3ds release we will for sure know the destiny of ridley... i doubt the roster will hold any secret after one day of the game out (maybe probably even before)

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
More like watch the 3DS release go by and them STILL not mention anything since it's a Wii U exclusive stage.
That would be kinda pointless wouldn't it? Given that both versions share the same roster we'd know that Ridley wouldn't be playable by then.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If Ridley is in the game, I wonder which will be >his< stage on the 3DS version? If he has one, of course. Well even if has not one, the Metroid stage for the 3DS version wasn't announced yet or was it?
My optimistic self tells me that we're getting a Metroid Fusion stage for 3DS, and that it will be based on Sector 5. Yes, I want Nightmare to be a stage hazard/boss.

However, I have this terrible feeling that we're only getting Brinstar (Melee) for the 3DS, and nothing else.

I think that, if by some miracle the Pyrosphere isn't displayed in full at E3 and isn't seen in its completed form by those who get a chance to play the game, I'm going to think that Ridley is playable. There is simply no reason to hide that thing that has been so obviously hinted at for so long.
I'm the opposite if you ask me. If we don't get any concrete info on Ridley during E3, then I'm just going to lose hope for my most wanted characters and leave the forum until SSB43DS comes out. Sakurai's already hinted towards Ridley's presence in the game, so I would be pissed if he wasn't revealed at E3.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This has me intrigued as I haven't noticed, anyone got a comparison between the regular Pyrosphere and the FD version?

Huh, what do you know. They completely removed lava from the Final Destination version.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm not sure if Ridley will have his own stage, but I'm currently anticipating either a Fusion stage or a Hunters stage for 3DS.
That would be great (A Metroid Fusion stage, not a Metroid Prime Hunters one). Sector 5 in special would be an interesting setting for a stage.

Last edited:

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Jeez, leave for a day, come back with about 10 more pages...

Anyone who believes Ridley's fate will be announced in the E3 Direct raise their hand.

*raises hand*

Anyone else?

No?

Yes?

Maybe?

*hides in corner*

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
While I agree that the detractors can be horrendous, I don't think the proper response is to treat them the way they've treated us. If Ridley is confirmed, I'm hoping to not see any of you stoop to their level. I want a confirmation of Ridley to end the hate, not take it in a new direction.

But I think it's alright to ask them to at least acknowledge their faulty assumptions and apologize for their horrid behavior.
Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just infuriating getting treated like **** because of my opinion, and it's even worse seeing others treated that way too.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
My optimistic self tells me that we're getting a Metroid Fusion stage for 3DS, and that it will be based on Sector 5. Yes, I want Nightmare to be a stage hazard/boss.

However, I have this terrible feeling that we're only getting Brinstar (Melee) for the 3DS, and nothing else.

I'm the opposite if you ask me. If we don't get any concrete info on Ridley during E3, then I'm just going to lose hope for my most wanted characters and leave the forum until SSB43DS comes out. Sakurai's already hinted towards Ridley's presence in the game, so I would be pissed if he wasn't revealed at E3.
I'd love a new Metroid Stage for 3DS, but I'd flip a switch if Brinstar is a stage. I loved that stage, even if it was bad. At least it gives Nintendo a chance to redesign Kraid.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just infuriating getting treated like **** because of my opinion, and it's even worse seeing others treated that way too.
Just be patient and hope for the best. If Ridley gets confirmed, those detractors will be recognized as the idiots they are and pay the price for their behavior. The particularly vocal ones especially would lose a lot of their credibility for arguing so fiercely and belittling so many for something they would ultimately be wrong about.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'd love a new Metroid Stage for 3DS, but I'd flip a switch if Brinstar is a stage. I loved that stage, even if it was bad. At least it gives Nintendo a chance to redesign Kraid.
I really want Kraid to be a boss.

Assist Trophy Mother Brain, Newcomer Ridley, Boss Kraid!

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
I really want Kraid to be a boss.

Assist Trophy Mother Brain, Newcomer Ridley, Boss Kraid!
Well, so long as Kraid is a Brinstar boss, at least the Space Pirates don't have to move his fatness a few stellar miles...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Those are some extremely obscure changes between regular and FD Pyrosphere. I guess the lava could be a hazard and so they simply closed it off, but the lights being turned off is extremely weird, and the tubes seem to have gotten some kind of energetic shield of a sort. I guess the lights could be an indicator of when Ridley is about to come out and wreck **** by flickering or something (and even that is probably a stretch), but I'm absolutely lost with the tubes.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Well, so long as Kraid is a Brinstar boss, at least the Space Pirates don't have to move his fatness a few stellar miles...
Kraid is one of the most intriguing Space Pirates ever for me. How can he command anything or be a threat to the GF if he's trapped in a small cave? Why is Kraid deemed an important enough figure to warrant his own miniature body double?

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I was going to say this wouldn't be possible, since Brinstar is an area from Super Metroid, a home console game, but then I remember Zero Mission (which happens to be my favorite Metroid side scroll game, derp). I did love that stage too, specially the music, but honestly I would rather have completely new stage for the 3DS version, preferably based on Metroid Fusion.

Kraid as a boss would be amazing tho and I wouldn't be disappointed if Nightmare was a stage hazard/boss in the 3DS Metroid stage either.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Those are some extremely obscure changes between regular and FD Pyrosphere. I guess the lava could be a hazard and so they simply closed it off, but the lights being turned off is extremely weird, and the tubes seem to have gotten some kind of energetic shield of a sort. I guess the lights could be an indicator of when Ridley is about to come out and wreck **** by flickering or something (and even that is probably a stretch), but I'm absolutely lost with the tubes.
I'm thinking that the lava being removed from the Final Destination version is a strong indication that lava is a hazard on the stage. In that case, it seems a little odd to me that we would have both lava and a boss as hazards on the stage. It kind of seems like overkill.

Though I really have no idea why the tubes would be changed. Even if they did something like flash a certain color or break, they could just not do that on the Final Destination version. Why they bothered making entirely new tubes for that version of the stage is beyond me.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm thinking that the lava being removed from the Final Destination version is a strong indication that lava is a hazard on the stage. In that case, it seems a little odd to me that we would have both lava and a boss as hazards on the stage. It kind of seems like overkill.

Though I really have no idea why the tubes would be changed. Even if they did something like flash a certain color or break, they could just not do that on the Final Destination version. Why they bothered making entirely new tubes for that version of the stage is beyond me.
Not to mention that those tubes don't exist in Other M. Why are they here?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Kraid is one of the most intriguing Space Pirates ever for me. How can he command anything or be a threat to the GF if he's trapped in a small cave? Why is Kraid deemed an important enough figure to warrant his own miniature body double?
I'm not sure Fake Kraid is supposed to tie into anything storywise, seems more like a joke being played on the player to fool him/her into thinking it's the real Kraid considering he was that small in Metroid 1, only to surprise the player by the real Kraid being a skyscraper.

Also, Kraid is shown as somewhat mobile on his feet in Super Metroid, I guess if anything is in his way he could simply break it down to make room for himself.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Also, why is he so biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig, to the point that he shouldn't be able to be moved to another cave, yet the Space Pirates have found a way to do so? Actually, a better question is how do they move him at all?

Also, Kraid is shown as somewhat mobile on his feet in Super Metroid, I guess if anything is in his way he could simply break it down to make room for himself.
Aaaaaaaaaand there's my answer.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If the lava was present in the Final Destination version, I would have been convinced that it was cosmetic. But since it apparently isn't, that was what convinced me that there's more to what meets the eye. Why should the lava pillar be removed from a stage that's supposed to have no hazards, when the lava itself seems to be for decoration?

I remember arguing that the Pyrosphere was going to have the 'rising-lava' stage mechanic like the past three Metroid stages, and most people dismissed the possibility of it happening. So I guess this means I was right...?

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm not sure Fake Kraid is supposed to tie into anything storywise, seems more like a joke being played on the player to fool him/her into thinking it's the real Kraid considering he was that small in Metroid 1, only to surprise the player by the real Kraid being a skyscraper.

Though it's no longer canon, Kraid had an exact body double in the NES Metroid.

My only explanation is that Fake Kraid was made to fool Samus into trekking her way to Mother Brain's lair for absolutely nothing, but it still brings up the question of why Kraid gets the body doubles while Ridley gets no such luxury.

I guess Ridley can't complain. After all, he has Ninja Pirates.

Last edited:

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087

My only explanation is that Fake Kraid was made to fool Samus into trekking her way to Mother Brain's lair for absolutely nothing, but it still brings up the question of why Kraid gets the body doubles while Ridley gets no such luxury.

*pushes up glasses in a nerdy manner* Silver Ninja Pirates to be exact.

Also: Ninja Pirates>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kraid body double that is a shrimp

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If the lava was present in the Final Destination version, I would have been convinced that it was cosmetic. But since it apparently isn't, that was what convinced me that there's more to what meets the eye. Why should the lava pillar be removed from a stage that's supposed to have no hazards, when the lava itself seems to be for decoration?

I remember arguing that the Pyrosphere was going to have the 'rising-lava' stage mechanic like the past three Metroid stages, and most people dismissed the possibility of it happening. So I guess this means I was right...?
We'll have to see, I'd definitely consider both lava and Ridley as too much **** going on. There is certainly more than meets the eye with Pyrosphere, I wouldn't think so if it wasn't for the fact that the other FD versions were kept so intact, because of this it just comes off as very suspicious. Man, Pyrosphere is such a mess, it better be playable at Best Buys or the Invitational Tournament, we've soon been circling around it for over a year and we've only received more questions as time has gone by.

Huh, guess you learn something new everyday. That's pretty weird since you only ever kill one Kraid in Metroid 1 I'm fairly certain. Is that one the body double then? And if so, why would the fake Kraid gain entry into Mother Brain's lair?

Also, NES Kraid always looked like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles villain to me.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I like the one poster's observation about Ridley and Palutena's similar treatment, and the clear support of Palutena while people are disillusioned to Ridley. It is an interesting thing to note. Both characters have been treated exactly the same way....and here's another thing:

Palutena is one of the most popular candidates in Japan, moreso than here.
Ridley is the most popular candidate in the West bar Mewtwo.

Is he treating them the same to excite both audiences to their potential inclusion? Maybe.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
We'll have to see, I'd definitely consider both lava and Ridley as too much **** going on. There is certainly more than meets the eye with Pyrosphere, I wouldn't think so if it wasn't for the fact that the other FD versions were kept so intact, because of this it just comes off as very suspicious. Man, Pyrosphere is such a mess, it better be playable at Best Buys or the Invitational Tournament, we've soon been circling around it for over a year and we've only received more questions as time has gone by.

Huh, guess you learn something new everyday. That's pretty weird since you only ever kill one Kraid in Metroid 1 I'm fairly certain. Is that one the body double then? And if so, why would the fake Kraid gain entry into Mother Brain's lair?

Also, NES Kraid always looked like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles villain to me.
Actually, you can kill two. Double Kraid is only fought on one of the many paths to Kraid's lair.

lol, I can imagine Samus beating Double Kraid, think it's easy, then "SOIPRISE!" The real (massive fatness) Kraid appears and Samus goes, "I've had enough of this ****." Note: Fake Kraid reappears in Super Metroid, teh game that gave Kraid massive fatness.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
We'll have to see, I'd definitely consider both lava and Ridley as too much **** going on. There is certainly more than meets the eye with Pyrosphere, I wouldn't think so if it wasn't for the fact that the other FD versions were kept so intact, because of this it just comes off as very suspicious. Man, Pyrosphere is such a mess, it better be playable at Best Buys or the Invitational Tournament.

I THINK the idea was for Samus to kill Fake Kraid, exit Brinstar, go to Norfair, fight Ridley, trek all the way to Mother Brain's lair, realize that Kraid is still alive, then go all the way back to Brinstar, and hopefully she'd die of exhaustion.

I never said it was a GOOD idea.

(Interestingly, Fake Kraid's not present in Zero Mission.)

Fake Kraid:

Real Kraid:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
well, lot of people have pointed the "ducky" face, but he have some "hairlike" thing on both sides of its face that give me the scrooge mcduck vibe over evry other posible duck XD and that dialogue is something that would say an angsty teen, like an emo ridley XD (Or a misunderstood Roidley XD... though is a fact that everyone hates him)

regarding the shambling abomination that was that "leaked" image of sharkley, it looks like something taken from a 3d modelling forum, the result of someone finishing some modelling excercise... in fact it probably isn't even ridley. but the thing that make it stand out more is the texture, which is a generic meaty texture pasted in the model without much consideration of anything. certainly not smash quality. but yeah, i guess you can always get something worse XD

y si, hablo español : D vi en uno de tus dibujos un texto en portuges? no se donde es Baja califa, pero asumo que en Brazil? :3
xD Oh yeah, I forgot about those spikes....he has too many. xD I have no doubt that he would say that.

Oh, quisiera saber portugués, solo busque la letra original de la canción "la chica de Ipanema" (una canción que me gusta y quería poner a Ridley a cantarla) y pues el español y el portugués tienen parecido. Oh, y "Baja Califa" es de Baja California en México :3

D

Deleted member

When I was playing SM for the first time, I actually thought that was the Real Kraid, something like: "What? I thought he was huge!"
Btw, as some people said before, the Palutena-Ridley support is really the same thing
BOTH have the stage where they are fought
BOTH had copies of them shown in the Direct
Palutena was said to "watch over the arena", yet this implies playability status and "Samus' trauma may appear at any second"(not how it doesn't reference the stage) means boss status
They are the second most important chars from their franchises, and let's be realistic, no one from their games will get before them
Never mentioned by name("goddess of light" and "Samus' trauma")
And finally, Sakurai recognized that they are sister series during development, even by making a reference on how the Komaytos look like baby Metroids
Also, Palutena is bigger than Ridley but no one really seems to care about FACTS

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I THINK the idea was for Samus to kill Fake Kraid, exit Brinstar, go to Norfair, fight Ridley, trek all the way to Mother Brain's lair, realize that Kraid is still alive, then go all the way back to Brinstar, and hopefully she'd die of exhaustion.

I never said it was a GOOD idea.

(Interestingly, Fake Kraid's not present in Zero Mission.)

Fake Kraid:

Real Kraid:

Ah, ****, I remember now that I see Fake Kraid's color palette. But yeah, I guess that's it.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
7 Pics of the Day left to go, I'm hoping Ridley gets announced as a playable character at E3.

With the amount of teasing from the PotD posts, that shadow in the Direct, Pyrosphere FD (lava-less, lack of lava spores, different tubes).... All this time waiting, getting our hopes up...

It would just be the biggest most spiteful and uncalled for move to de-confirm him a week or so before or during a big event like E3, when he had plenty of time to do so beforehand months ago when Pyrosphere was first revealed.

Let's hope that Sakurai has good judgement and puts the arguments to rest at E3, by making Ridley playable.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ow. Ow. Ow. My brain hurts from looking at this. Miiverse people, go away, please, or learn to use real grammar. Oh, and stop saying size is Ridley's biggest asset. Pretty sure that trophy goes to Kraid. That'd be great.
I love how they cite Snorlax as some huge character when Snorlax are like. A little taller than Samus, and are smaller than Bowser OR Ganondorf OR Ridley or PROBABLY Donkey Kong.

D

Deleted member

xD Oh yeah, I forgot about those spikes....he has too many. xD I have no doubt that he would say that.

Oh, quisiera saber portugués, solo busque la letra original de la canción "la chica de Ipanema" (una canción que me gusta y quería poner a Ridley a cantarla) y pues el español y el portugués tienen parecido. Oh, y "Baja Califa" es de Baja California en México :3
If you want help with that, maybe I can help :cool:
:nifty:Don't kill me if I end up being a terrible Portuguese teacher

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Okay, I have an idea for a Pyrosphere hazard. What if the lava flow is variable, sometimes flowing with enough intensity to splash some lava on stage?

The lava could damage other players while it's on stage, and would disappear by draining through the stage over time.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Yeah I see no point in removing a background element. People can't use the "They removed it cause its distracting!" excuse when we got this.....

And here are the other Final Destinations on Wii U. No background elements taken from these ones.... The lava has gotta do something.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/stages/final-destination-wii-u
That is the normal version of Final Destination. You must be confused because they haven't announced the Final Destination version of Final Destination. It's a common mistake, it happened to me too so don't feel embarrassed.

:fdb:It would resemble the brawl version more.

Top Bottom