• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So one must bring this up again. Ridley clearly has a completely new design not like that of Roidley, so why would Sakurai go through the trouble of making a new look for a stage hazard that also happens to be on a specific stage where the OM look would fit?
Are we so sure that Ridley has a new design? To me, at least, those wings do resemble the Other M wings, at least when outstretched. What indicates a new design?

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Are we so sure that Ridley has a new design? To me, at least, those wings do resemble the Other M wings, at least when outstretched. What indicates a new design?
Well, on the topic of wings, that's going to delve into the realm of speculation. However, we do have concrete evidence of at least a little change.

The tailbone has a red gradient, whereas the Other M models I've seen are solidly bone-white.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Yeah I'm not seeing a huge difference either then again we are looking at a shadow.

I see huge hands and long wings like Other M Ridley. Only thing I can say is he looks skinnier....

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, on the topic of wings, that's going to delve into the realm of speculation. However, we do have concrete evidence of at least a little change.

The tailbone has a red gradient, whereas the Other M models I've seen are solidly bone-white.
Yes, that seems to be the case. I've never really noticed that before.

I don't think it's the strongest of evidence in favor of a new model, but it is something, for sure.

D

Deleted member

Bear in mind that Meta Ridley wasn't an exact rip from Prime.

Wings and tail are much smaller.

With that in mind, that shadow could very well be Other M Ridley, just with smaller wings.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Yes, that seems to be the case. I've never really noticed that before.

I don't think it's the strongest of evidence in favor of a new model, but it is something, for sure.
At the very least, it implies that the tail is a significant weapon or part of Ridley's moveset.

Perhaps the red-to white gradient would be much easier to see than just plain white, in case there's a stage with a white background.
Bear in mind that Meta Ridley wasn't an exact rip from Prime.

Wings and tail are much smaller.

With that in mind, that shadow could very well be Other M Ridley, just with smaller wings.
To be fair, the wings may be smaller, but they keep the same proportions. And I know you hate speculation, but I'm bored and curious on whether Ridley's wings are a different shape from those that he sported from Other M.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, definitely not a new model. They're probably just touching up textures so to fit Smash 4's graphics better, Other M is quite a bit more gritty after all. They did the same with Samus, adding black lines to make her feel more sleek, so it's no surprise Ridley is being touched up on too.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Yeah, definitely not a new model. They're probably just touching up textures so to fit Smash 4's graphics better, Other M is quite a bit more gritty after all. They did the same with Samus, adding black lines to make her feel more sleek, so it's no surprise Ridley is being touched up on too.
Boss or not, I'm hoping that the model is reworked. No one wants Steroid Duck in any form.
Maybe we'll have more faithful Other M Concept Artley.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Last edited:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
We may got a thing there with Ridley's wings looking differently shaped when hovering.
For me, they look like the wings from Zero Mission's design shape wise and how he holds them:

Add some spikes, make them bigger or Ridley smaller.
However, when he glides in at the beginning of the footage from the direct, his wings look less broad, like Roidley's.
But that might be a thing with the arrangement of the light source, I'm not sure.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Boss or not, I'm hoping that the model is reworked. No one wants Steroid Duck in any form.
Maybe we'll have more faithful Other M Concept Artley.
Yeah, whether he's a boss or not I've been expecting him to be touched up on. I'm still fully expecting him to still resemble Roidley though, but hopefully they'll make him look less worn out and more sleak.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Don't care about Gamecube controllers. I mean, sure they are comfy, but I will get only the 3DS version :p

Anyway, Zero Mission Ridley had the best design. I would love Sakurai forever if Ridley had that design in Smash Bros.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Which person was it who was a Ridley fan? Was it Mew2king? Because judging from that video, he wasn't invited D:
M2K is a brilliant smasher, but he does not hesitate to point out flaws. Ever. They probably didn't invite him because of some of the things he's said about Brawl.

Either that, or he declined the invitation because of the items.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if an update in the coming weeks showed Bowser as a stage boss, who turns into Dry Bowser when someone is playing as Bowser. This will, in my opinion, be what essentially confirms Ridley. Ridley will be a stage boss, but if someone plays as Ridley, Meta-Ridley will replace him.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh 20 of the 30 so far are playable in the demo

So if any suprise characters (number 21 between ##) they would be shown before the tourny.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I'm honestly extremely surprised that Rosalina is playable, considering she's pretty complex. I personally hope someone uses Bowser so that I can see him in action.

Anyways, Ridley: A mere 12ish days until E3, and then we can finally rest knowing Ridley's fate.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if an update in the coming weeks showed Bowser as a stage boss, who turns into Dry Bowser when someone is playing as Bowser. This will, in my opinion, be what essentially confirms Ridley. Ridley will be a stage boss, but if someone plays as Ridley, Meta-Ridley will replace him.
Bowser always did seem like a pretty cool idea for a stage hazard/boss in a Super Smash Bros. game. Not that I'm saying he should have never been made playable, but the thought of fighting a giant version of the most famous Nintendo villain Smash Bros-style really excites me.

EDIT: As in, a version of Bowser that isn't Giga Bowser.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm honestly extremely surprised that Rosalina is playable, considering she's pretty complex. I personally hope someone uses Bowser so that I can see him in action.
DJ Nintendo is more or less known for his Bowser and has tweeted that he wants to play as him at the invitational, so he's pretty much guaranteed. HugS also tweeted about playing Samus, which I'm looking forward to.

Either way, I guess this isn't the place for such talk.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Bowser always did seem like a pretty cool idea for a stage hazard/boss in a Super Smash Bros. game. Not that I'm saying he should have never been made playable, but the thought of fighting a giant version of the most famous Nintendo villain Smash Bros-style really excites me.
While the existence of the Super Leaf item hurts those chances, A tanooki-tailed Bowser fake IS a Stage Hazard in one of the Mario and Sonic games.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
guys .... arguing with toobigots is very tired .....
look at this
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACaU2yRX196-w
@Shinru202 & I are fighting against some idiots ....
I Know. I've been fighting in the Maelstorm of it all, too. Shokio's videos are like Tartarus for Ridley Supporters. Me and several others have been trying hard to defend not only Ridley, but Hotfeet444/Felicafan444, who is being antagonized just as bad. Racial comments and Derogatory terms are ablaze, and it's absolutely horrible....... I'm not usually one to stoop to their level, but, when Ridley is confirmed for SSB4, I want as many of you as possible to storm Shokio's channel, and rub the fact in his face as cruelly and sadistically as he did unto ALL of us. this goes for anyone who harassed any of you about this issue, too.

And why would those three be working together? Interesting but I could never see Ridley working well with those two.
Well......Ridley and K.Rool are both.....Pirates, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I Know. I've been fighting in the Maelstorm of it all, too. Shokio's videos are like Tartarus for Ridley Supporters. Me and several others have been trying hard to defend not only Ridley, but Hotfeet444/Felicafan444, who is being antagonized just as bad. Racial comments and Derogatory terms are ablaze, and it's absolutely horrible....... I'm not usually one to stoop to their level, but, when Ridley is confirmed for SSB4, I want as many of you as possible to storm Shokio's channel, and rub the fact in his face as cruelly and sadistically as he did unto ALL of us. this goes for anyone who harassed any of you about this issue, too.
While I agree that the detractors can be horrendous, I don't think the proper response is to treat them the way they've treated us. If Ridley is confirmed, I'm hoping to not see any of you stoop to their level. I want a confirmation of Ridley to end the hate, not take it in a new direction.

But I think it's alright to ask them to at least acknowledge their faulty assumptions and apologize for their horrid behavior.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm surprised they bothered to announce playable characters, but not stages. If Pyrosphere isn't playable, let alone mentioned, I'm flipping a table over how far this has gone.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm surprised they bothered to announce playable characters, but not stages. If Pyrosphere isn't playable, let alone mentioned, I'm flipping a table over how far this has gone.
Watch it be completely ignored through the entirety of E3, only to be put to rest by a PotD a few weeks later

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Well it depends. If they omit stages due to excessive hazards, and Pyrosphere is one of them, I might flip a table in frustration. But if Pyrosphere makes the cut? Could it be?

Reila

I don't know why some of you guys bother arguing with toobigots. On Youtube. It is like, masochism.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I think I'd burst out laughing due to whole absurdity of the situation.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
xD I had the problem of associate him with a duck on steroids since the beginning of Other M (I still kind of do, but a little bit less...). But after I made him kind of innocent and silly, I don't mind his uglyness that much...(his evolution is another story...)...and I never thought I would see something that would make him look less ugly in comparison, I mean the photoshoped thing that looked like Roidley fusioned with a shark/whale...it was really creepy....

also...I have a little (silly) cuestion...since you are from Chile...Hablas español? :)
well, lot of people have pointed the "ducky" face, but he have some "hairlike" thing on both sides of its face that give me the scrooge mcduck vibe over evry other posible duck XD and that dialogue is something that would say an angsty teen, like an emo ridley XD (Or a misunderstood Roidley XD... though is a fact that everyone hates him)

regarding the shambling abomination that was that "leaked" image of sharkley, it looks like something taken from a 3d modelling forum, the result of someone finishing some modelling excercise... in fact it probably isn't even ridley. but the thing that make it stand out more is the texture, which is a generic meaty texture pasted in the model without much consideration of anything. certainly not smash quality. but yeah, i guess you can always get something worse XD

y si, hablo español : D vi en uno de tus dibujos un texto en portuges? no se donde es Baja califa, pero asumo que en Brazil? :3

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've already flipped tables over the fact that we have still have yet to get any concrete info on Pyrosphere, other than the distinct differences between regular Pyrosphere and FD Pyrosphere (no lava pillar, lights are gone, and tubes are strangely altered). Oh, and the shadow.

If the Pyrosphere is at the tournament, it will most likely be the Final Destination version.

Last edited:

Reila

If Ridley is in the game, I wonder which will be >his< stage on the 3DS version? If he has one, of course. Well even if has not one, the Metroid stage for the 3DS version wasn't announced yet or was it?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think that, if by some miracle the Pyrosphere isn't displayed in full at E3 and isn't seen in its completed form by those who get a chance to play the game, I'm going to think that Ridley is playable. There is simply no reason to hide that thing that has been so obviously hinted at for so long.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I've already flipped tables over the fact that we have still have yet to get any concrete info on Pyrosphere, other than the distinct differences between regular Pyrosphere and FD Pyrosphere (no lava pillar, lights are gone, and tubes are strangely altered). Oh, and the shadow.

If the Pyrosphere is at the tournament, it will most likely be the Final Destination version.
This has me intrigued as I haven't noticed, anyone got a comparison between the regular Pyrosphere and the FD version?

Top Bottom