• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Either they insanely buffed Ike's Eruption to knock your opponent off balance (Which is indeed quite insane) or, judging how Mario's clearly off the ground in the same kind of animation of tripping in Brawl...Mario is tripping over his own two feet...WHY?!
That's his backward tripping animation.

Those only happened in Brawl when hit by an item or move. You can't randomly trip that way.

So you're good.

Regardless, this isn't the place to talk about this.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Someone on GameFAQs just put something in perspective in regards to people being dead certain on Palutena being playable and Ridley not.

Wonderful.
Kinda said this sometime before the direct, but you know too if Ridley had ever gotten some hard to disprove images like Palutena did at any time, that they'd still be saying he's clearly an assist trophy or hazard or something (regardless of what his size is or what stage he'd appear on in said leak pictures) while asserting that the rest of us are in denial. What a crock of ****.

Hey guys I found something neat
A guitar cover of Ridley's theme
The fact this only has just over 300 views is criminal.
It seems a lot of the better remixes nowadays (of Ridley's theme or other Metroid soundtracks) are those with the least views. :urg: IMO at least.

Glad you posted that one though. Will be listening to it again every once in awhile. :)

edit: Damn my spelling when I'm still this tired.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just hang in there either wario tomorrow or lame information.

Then after next week just on more picture aftet that and then the jury reaches a verdict.

EDIT in the prediction thread ridley is up again right next to king k rool so show ridley your hope.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Not gonna lie, super jelly. Won't get to play my little brother's copy until tomorrow.

Maybe Ridley is a stage hazard

There IS a space station stage, after all

Last edited:

JinSiege

Smash Rookie
Guys, as far as Mario's tripping scare, I just wanted to point out the first screenshot on Samus' profile page. The one where she's firing the missile at Mario.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/samus.html

The action Mario is performing seems to be unique to him, and not a tripping animation. Possibly a spot dodge as others have mentioned. Anyway, I don't think there's any cause for concern.

Vote Ridley.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sakurai was telling us Ridley was a stage hazard in MARIO KART but didn't want to outright spoil it before the game came out. And as it turns out he's playable in Smash. His trolling has reached the highest level.

(I'm kidding)

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
you know what is probably what I find more irksome on Roidley design?
His head reminds me a lot of him...

although, i tottaly could see Roidley saying that XD

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
K. Ridley: 75%. Based on @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 's shadow analysis and my own measurements on Ridley's tail, I have extrapolated Ridley'
Sakurai was telling us Ridley was a stage hazard in MARIO KART but didn't want to outright spoil it before the game came out. And as it turns out he's playable in Smash. His trolling has reached the highest level.

(I'm kidding)
I wouldn't even be mad. I'd love for Mario Kart to have cameos from Metroid or Kirby or Zelda as either audience members or even as full-fledged stages. Kinda like back in the Super Nintendo days where Nintendo's franchises kept bleeding into each other.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Guys, as far as Mario's tripping scare, I just wanted to point out the first screenshot on Samus' profile page. The one where she's firing the missile at Mario.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/samus.html

The action Mario is performing seems to be unique to him, and not a tripping animation. Possibly a spot dodge as others have mentioned. Anyway, I don't think there's any cause for concern.

Vote Ridley.
I'm pretty sure Sakurai told us outright tripping was out, a while back. Why are people worried?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Sakurai told us outright tripping was out, a while back. Why are people worried?
Because a ton of people are pessimists that see Sakurai as the next Sakamoto?

They see something that hints at bad news, it must be 100% true because Sakurai is a lying, evil man who feeds on anguish.
(Okay, the last part IS true, but when he feeds, he does so quickly)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Poor Sakurai, he doesn't deserve being compared to Sakamoto ;_;

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
you know what is probably what I find more irksome on Roidley design?
His head reminds me a lot of him...

although, i tottaly could see Roidley saying that XD
xD I had the problem of associate him with a duck on steroids since the beginning of Other M (I still kind of do, but a little bit less...). But after I made him kind of innocent and silly, I don't mind his uglyness that much...(his evolution is another story...)...and I never thought I would see something that would make him look less ugly in comparison, I mean the photoshoped thing that looked like Roidley fusioned with a shark/whale...it was really creepy....

also...I have a little (silly) cuestion...since you are from Chile...Hablas español? :)

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Sakurai doesn't feed quickly. The longest terms of anguish are his favorite. He's all about the long con. Are you forgetting what thread we're in?
Sorry, I was referring to the likes of Waluigi, Viridi and Phosphora.

I'll amend my statement: Sakurai feeds on the anguish of his fans, but isn't totally heartless. So when he's deconfirming highly wanted characters, he does so in a "band-aid ripping" fashion. The worst he can do to the fanbase (like deconfirming Samurai Goroh without acknowledging him) is not out of malice, but obliviousness of what the fanbase wants.

Samurai Goroh and Phosphora are currently the most "anguish-feeding" deconfirmations in this iteration of Smash Bros insofar, and only Phosphora seems to have deliberate action behind her. But its not like she was on the level of Ridley in terms of support.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sorry, I was referring to the likes of Waluigi, Viridi and Phosphora.

I'll amend my statement: Sakurai feeds on the anguish of his fans, but isn't totally heartless. So when he's deconfirming highly wanted characters, he does so in a "band-aid ripping" fashion. The worst he can do to the fanbase (like deconfirming Samurai Goroh without acknowledging him) is not out of malice, but obliviousness of what the fanbase wants.

Samurai Goroh and Phosphora are currently the most "anguish-feeding" deconfirmations in this iteration of Smash Bros insofar, and only Phosphora seems to have deliberate action behind her. But its not like she was on the level of Ridley in terms of support.
I assume of course that if Ridley is deconfirmed later you pretty much take back this post

: P

Reila

Alright, fine, I'll add Sakurai to the list of people I'm supposed to irrationally hate if Ridley is deconfirmed.
Honestly, if anyone starts hating Sakurai if Ridley is deconfirmed, I wouldn't call it an irrational hate. We can't deny that Sakurai is giving a lot of hints about Ridley and it is obvious that he knows a lot of people want the villain to be playable. If Ridley isn't playable, he should have revealed him as a boss/stage hazard/assist trophy already, like he did with Yellow Devil. If Ridley isn't playable, Sakurai teased a lot of people for nothing, he literally played with our minds (and hearts lol). Of course, hating a random Japanese developer (or any person, really) is a very stupid and pointless attitude, but still.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Not gonna lie, super jelly. Won't get to play my little brother's copy until tomorrow.
You have it easy, I have to wait 'till June 6th to play it myself.
did you guys see this rumor? Says Ridley will be revealed at E3 to be playable :seuss:

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/87125727761/rumor-mill-queenoftermina-leak
Eh, anyone could whip that up. Sounds too good to be true honestly, Ridley and an early August release date for the 3DS version? Things usually don't go that well.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Honestly, if anyone starts hating Sakurai if Ridley is deconfirmed, I wouldn't call it an irrational hate. We can't deny that Sakurai is giving a lot of hints about Ridley and it is obvious that he knows a lot of people want the villain to be playable. If Ridley isn't playable, he should have revealed him as a boss/stage hazard/assist trophy already, like he did with Yellow Devil. If Ridley isn't playable, Sakurai teased a lot of people for nothing, he literally played with our minds (and hearts lol). Of course, hating a random Japanese developer (or any person, really) is a very stupid and pointless attitude, but still.
Judging by what we know about Ridley, it would be rage-inducing if Ridley was a boss considering how tiny he is.

But yeah, I wasn't serious about completely despising Sakurai. The game as it stands looks pretty amazing, and the good far outweighs whatever bad I can find. He would have to try pretty hard to gain my ire at this point.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
completely despising Sakurai is ludicrous. He does what he does to make us happy anyway. People need to get over it, you can't let butthurt over a game ruin the game's experience or appeal just because 1 character didn't make it.

Reila

completely despising Sakurai is ludicrous. He does what he does to make us happy anyway. People need to get over it, you can't let butthurt over a game ruin the game's experience or appeal just because 1 character didn't make it.
Actually no, he does what he does to get his salary at the end of the month. :p

And again, people have the right to be angry if Ridley isn't the game, they have the right to not buy the game if Ridley isn't in, etc. If none of the new characters appeal to someone, why would they bother buying the game? Money doesn't grow on trees, sadly. Like it or not, new characters are the reason the majority of the people will buy the game for.

Hating Sakurai would be kind of stupid, though.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Actually no, he does what he does to get his salary at the end of the month. :p

And again, people have the right to be angry if Ridley isn't the game, they have the right to not buy the game if Ridley isn't in, etc. If none of the new characters appeal to someone, why would they bother buying the game? Money doesn't grow on trees, sadly. Like it or not, new characters are the reason the majority of the people will buy the game for.

Hating Sakurai would be kind of stupid, though.
that's what I'm saying. Hating Sakurai is stupid, even more stupid because 1 character didn't make the cut.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I wouldn't despise or hate Sakurai for a lack of Ridley, but I would definitely ask Nintendo to consider someone else to do Smash next time around. There's got to be someone out there with a love for Nintendo that could helm the game design of something as complex as Smash.

You know my number, Nintendo. Call me. We'll make the most amazing Smash ever.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
that's what I'm saying. Hating Sakurai is stupid, even more stupid because 1 character didn't make the cut.
Its not so much hating Sakurai more then it is hating his terrible choices for the roster especially if that garbage Sal leak ends up true.

D

Deleted member

Sorry but nope. Rainbow Road has already been shown as a 3DS stage. False.

Not to mention lack of Mii, who lots of people deem likely.
Just because people deem it likely, doesn't mean it's confirmed, take Waluigi as an example, also, we already got Boxing Ring in the Wii U, which means no BR in the 3DS-- oh wait

Top Bottom