• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
001.gif

xD I think it would be something like this...

random quickie thingy...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Only 9 more pic of the days till e3, and we still had no Ridley sightings. E3 will likely be the moment of cheers or gloom. (Or we could get nothing and wait till the game comes out)
I wonder if we'll get some Metroid related PotD a day or two before it, like how we got the Metroid assist trophy just a couple days before the last direct. I remember that kinda got some psyched for Ridley even more shortly before the direct because of the timing, only to end up seeing that shadow happen.. Would be cruelly ironic if we got a PotD that looked good for Ridley's chances (however low they are or seem now), only to see him get the final nail in the coffin at E3 a couple days later.

Were almost there just a few more pictures and the arguements about ridley will end, till smash 5.
How naive, and you mean Smash 6.

Oh, another possibility is if Ridley got in as that abomination from the character select screen leak. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people would want that gone.
If that thing from the recent "leak" was real, I guess it'd mean Sakurai did to Ridley and his fans what Capcom did to Megaman in Tekken vs Street Fighter or w/e... Which would be even worse than another deconfirmation.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
This is a little late for where it was in the forum, but for a reveal video at E3, I thought it'd be cool to have Link going through a cave with a shadow/tail moving behind him ready to strike. Then right before he strikes Samus shoots a power shot into him (him being Ridley) to have him go up and roar. So it'd be like they were on a joint mission type deal, something I thought would be awesome!

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
This is a little late for where it was in the forum, but for a reveal video at E3, I thought it'd be cool to have Link going through a cave with a shadow/tail moving behind him ready to strike. Then right before he strikes Samus shoots a power shot into him (him being Ridley) to have him go up and roar. So it'd be like they were on a joint mission type deal, something I thought would be awesome!
This gave me an idea, it would be cool if three 1986 characters were revealed at E3 (Takamaru, Ridley, and Palutena), and their trailer also featured the 1986 veterans (Link, Zelda, Samus, and Pit).

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
This gave me an idea, it would be cool if three 1986 characters were revealed at E3 (Takamaru, Ridley, and Palutena), and their trailer also featured the 1986 veterans (Link, Zelda, Samus, and Pit).
Yea, that would be cool! I'm mainly hoping that if Ridley does get a reveal trailer that in it he does something to give me chills. It would be cool to see a joint New Character reveal (kinda like the Greninja/Charizard just two new, not one new one veteran) where just say Takamaru jumped out and stopped Ridleys' tail with his sword after Ridleys' gameplay is shown (then his fighting Ridley) if they don't do a triple reveal like that.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ridleys trailer could be charizard spreading his wings but then all the sudden a camera angle changes theres another character in the shadows spreading his wings as well, then a fire ball fires out then the mystery creature comes out of thr shadow its ridley.

D

Deleted member

Something I'm working on.

Seriously, how does this iteration of Ridley look?
Loving the shredded midsection, his legs could use some lines to demonstrate the muscle mass and/or definition that Ridley has. A solid drawing so far though.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Reveal trailer? Mario's desperately trying to get a super mushroom during a heated battle, and then Ridley swoops in to steal it and gets huge. Covers the whole screen and the "glass" of the tv screen breaks.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Those legs are enormous! Maybe make them a little shorter?

View attachment 14998
xD I think it would be something like this...

random quickie thingy...
"Are you sure this will work!?"
"I HAVE NO IDEA!!"

You guys might as well give Ridley a Space Pirate toss attack that works like Dedede's Waddle-Dee toss lol.
The thought of Ridley flinging several Zebesians in a rapid succession comes to mind...

Give me a sec.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace

I like this if only cause it makes him look like a character that would fit in a Darkstalkers game, I could totally see this Ridley design going up against Jon Talbain or something.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Just went through parts of this thread showing all the analysis on Ridley's size. Absolutely amazing work, I want to believe that Ridley's in. I've always loved how vicious, how sadistic, and just how evil he is, he might not be the most iconic or powerful villain, but he had to be the cruelest and his design fits the part.

Lets hope we get good news soon in just under two weeks.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I like this if only cause it makes him look like a character that would fit in a Darkstalkers game, I could totally see this Ridley design going up against Jon Talbain or something.
Welp, that sounds good enough for a fighting game.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Someone on GameFAQs just put something in perspective in regards to people being dead certain on Palutena being playable and Ridley not.

A little off topic, but this post just reminded me of something I brought up before. People keep shooting this down (as I always expect), but does anyone realize the hypocrisy with Palutena support and Ridley support.

Let's just review shall we?

Ridley:
Stage where his boss fight takes place
Vague reference to him when the stage was revealed
Vague reference to him in the direct that could be a fake-out / tease
Never mentioned by name or shown

Palutena:
Stage where her boss fight takes place
Vague reference to her when the stage was revealed ("the goddess of light watches over")
Vague reference to her in the direct that was a fake-out and could be teasing
Actually WAS mentioned by name since the stage is Palutena's Temple IIRC.

Both have extremely vague status as far as being confirmed or disconfirmed. Both have been obviously teased by Sakurai in some way. Both have similar conditions. Yet one is widely just accepted as probably playable and the other is widely accepted as delusional to think is playable.

I will never understand this obvious bias.
Wonderful.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Someone on GameFAQs just put something in perspective in regards to people being dead certain on Palutena being playable and Ridley not.

Wonderful.
While GameFAQs is a cesspool of madness and idiocy, I hate to point out that the skeptics do have a point in doubting Ridley's chances. He wasn't included in the Gematsu leak of newcomers, nor was his "disconfirmation" bait-and-switched by someone else completely different.

But if he is confirmed to be playable, then that just shows how we should never take everything at face value.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I want Ridley's reveal trailer to be fun and silly. He is such a serious business character, so his reveal trailer being silly would help in making him "blend" better with the Smash Bros. cast. Make him interact with some weird Nintendo characters, like say Pikachu, Kirby or even Little Mac. I don't know, I just think a fight between Ridley and Charizard would extremely generic and boring. Ridley deserves something far more memorable than that.
My latest "Ridley confirmed" dream had Sakurai playing off of the ZSS troll reveal (like to copious amounts. He makes it very clear that he's aware of the desire for him, controversy around the shadow reveal/too big arguments, and how most people had already "accepted the inevitable/obvious/gave up on him") following the Walugi-est disconfirmation imaginable ("I know people really wanted Ridley, but the one who appears on the Pyrosphere just wasn't as fitting scaled down"). Cue the same 5 seconds of bad moviemaker effects, followed by: "Still, we know some people just won't be satisfied with him as just a boss. So here's our alternative!" *cue debut of a unique Smash 4 designed Ridley that looks like a hybrid of Melee (color scheme/size), Zero Mission (classic design) and Metroid Prime (wingspan, features/details like an "organic" Meta Ridley) KOing hazard/Other M Ridley, followed by Sakurai explaining that that Ridley is a clone, while the original Ridley was/had been revived numerous times*

I have next to no hope that it'd be anywhere near that awesome, but if that scenario happened, they will have won the fanbase over a hundred times over.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
My latest "Ridley confirmed" dream had Sakurai playing off of the ZSS troll reveal (like to copious amounts. He makes it very clear that he's aware of the desire for him, controversy around the shadow reveal/too big arguments, and how most people had already "accepted the inevitable/obvious/gave up on him") following the Walugi-est disconfirmation imaginable ("I know people really wanted Ridley, but the one who appears on the Pyrosphere just wasn't as fitting scaled down"). Cue the same 5 seconds of bad moviemaker effects, followed by: "Still, we know some people just won't be satisfied with him as just a boss. So here's our alternative!" *cue debut of a unique Smash 4 designed Ridley that looks like a hybrid of Melee (color scheme/size), Zero Mission (classic design) and Metroid Prime (wingspan, features/details like an "organic" Meta Ridley) KOing hazard/Other M Ridley, followed by Sakurai explaining that that Ridley is a clone, while the original Ridley was/had been revived numerous times*

I have next to no hope that it'd be anywhere near that awesome, but if that scenario happened, they will have won the fanbase over a hundred times over.
10/10 will cry when it doesn't happen.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

O2A571_0D54EA215D648_000 (2).gif

"That is the most beautifully awesome thing I have ever read...sniff.."

I would be again the happiest person in the world (or at least in my country...) IF that happened...and I hope it does....

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Hey guys I found something neat
A guitar cover of Ridley's theme
The fact this only has just over 300 views is criminal.
No, it would be criminal if it didn't play during Ridley's reveal trailer, period.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Ya know, I find my support for Ridley to be kind of sad.

It started as just wanting the character in because, well, it's RIDLEY, who wouldn't want him in? But seeing the reaction the community has to Ridley supporters turned him into my most wanted newcomer by far, there is so much bias, anger, rage, insulting, and sheer stupidity that will only be stopped when Ridley is confirmed.

Case in point, a lovely argument I got into on Relax Alax's Ridley video:

What followed was a mindboggling slew of arguments that I couldn't believe a person would even think was valid, let alone use, the last of which was an accusation of me defending and complimenting the video to promote the guys channel, with no relation to Ridley at all.

I always told myself that I wouldn't stoop to the levels of the detractors and rub how wrong they are all over their faces. But after all the backlash I've seen and gotten for being a Ridley supporter... I'm realllllllllllllyyyyy going to enjoy rubbing it into their faces.

E3 can't get here fast enough...

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace

It started as just wanting the character in because, well, it's RIDLEY, who wouldn't want him in? But seeing the reaction the community has to Ridley supporters turned him into my most wanted newcomer by far, there is so much bias, anger, rage, insulting, and sheer stupidity that will only be stopped when Ridley is confirmed.

What followed was a mindboggling slew of arguments that I couldn't believe a person would even think was valid, let alone use, the last of which was an accusation of me defending and complimenting the video to promote the guys channel, with no relation to Ridley at all.

I always told myself that I wouldn't stoop to the levels of the detractors and rub how wrong they are all over their faces. But after all the backlash I've seen and gotten for being a Ridley supporter... I'm realllllllllllllyyyyy going to enjoy rubbing it into their faces.

This guy...was really...enjoying his periods...for a second there.

Joking aside I see where you're coming from, I actually went through a similar process, I WANT Ridley to become playable not just cause it's another villain and Metroid rep but also so Sakurai can finally shut them the hell up and show them that Ridley can work as a playable character, who cares if he's huge? Bowser Was huge too but he was shrunk down for Melee and Brawl and even if you used his NES appearences as a counter argument, one can make the same counter argument about Ridley who was about Samus' height in the original Metroid, hell so was Kraid.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

You're Michael Jacobson? Huh, guess you learn something new each day.

Also guys, not wanting to alarm you or anything, but tripping might not actually be gone.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
You're Michael Jacobson? Huh, guess you learn something new each day.

Also guys, not wanting to alarm you or anything, but tripping might not actually be gone.
If tripping is back then I'd imagine it's something you can toggle on or off because otherwise this would go completely agsinst what Sakurai said himself last year that got people excited. I actually want him to tease that during E3 lol, show a clip of Sonic tripping to fool everyone then immediately cut to a menu where you can set tripping on or off.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
If tripping is back then I'd imagine it's something you can toggle on or off because otherwise this would go completely agsinst what Sakurai said himself last year that got people excited. I actually want him to tease that during E3 lol, show a clip of Sonic tripping to fool everyone then immediately cut to a menu where you can set tripping on or off.
Well look at this:

Either they insanely buffed Ike's Eruption to knock your opponent off balance (Which is indeed quite insane) or, judging how Mario's clearly off the ground in the same kind of animation of tripping in Brawl...Mario is tripping over his own two feet...WHY?!

Last edited:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Considering that Sakurai brought back the whole "Samus being much taller than puny Little Mac" joke from SSBB in Little Mac's reveal trailer, I imagine Ridley's reveal will have some interaction with Pikachu and (obviously) Samus.:awesome:
I would LOVE to see Ridley get his revenge on Pikachu and just spend the first minute of the trailer grinding Pikachu into the walls and floors of the trailer's scenery.
If a Ridley trailer is about to happen, I believe we can expect Sakurai releasing his final troll on us with it.
It's probably his greatest troll to date, his baby, that'll show us the evil genius he is. :B
But you know what I'd find quite nice in a reveal trailer? If it would pay homage to the original scene from Melee's intro at one point. That's where the love for playable Ridley has it's roots for most of us.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Well look at this:

Either they insanely buffed Ike's Eruption to knock your opponent off balance (Which is indeed quite insane) or, judging how Mario's clearly off the ground in the same kind of animation of tripping in Brawl...Mario is tripping over his own two feet...WHY?!
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to toggle it and Sakurai just turned it on for the sake of this picture or it was probably for fun and Mario just happens to trip right there.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Couldn't it just be pressing down on the control stick while he was shielding? I know you said he's off the ground, but his left foot (our right) looks like the heel is still planted, atleast imo. I'm not sure if that explains the facial expression though, idk if down dodges add facial features like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom