• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't see any reason to cut him. I mean, unless he was so atrocious a fighter that even we despised him, and even then, reworking is much more likely.

Unlike Mewtwo, Metroid is kinda starved for representation.
Oh, another possibility is if Ridley got in as that abomination from the character select screen leak. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people would want that gone.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
That... sounds like the inverse of Little Mac. Which is AMAZING, don't get me wrong, but while Little Mac certainly was unique, Ridley still needs a little something else, going by Little Mac's KO punch.
...Somebody, think of something that defines RIdley that suits this playstyle.
I came up with this Ridley-exclusive mechanic.

Oh, another possibility is if Ridley got in as that abomination from the character select screen leak. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people would want that gone.
Pretty sure we proved that was faked. But I'm sure that a new Metroid game will come out soonish with a new Ridley design if Smashley is completely, totally horrendous.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's not a bad idea, actually. Not entirely sure it would happen if Ridley was actually added though. Oh, and he should probably still be bigger than Samus. I get he's nowhere near Kraid's size, but it seems right to have him be as big as Bowser(or slighter smaller, or even slightly bigger). Still interesting though.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Ugh, no thanks for me. After this game, I'm done with Smash. I'll be enjoying Project M instead of following the next game when that comes out.

Regardless of whether Ridley's in or not, I've become jaded after Sakurai's relentless trolling.
Whatever works for you. I have no plans to go back to a pre-SSB4 game, unless SSB4 is a total disgrace of a game.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
That's not a bad idea, actually. Not entirely sure it would happen if Ridley was actually added though. Oh, and he should probably still be bigger than Samus. I get he's nowhere near Kraid's size, but it seems right to have him be as big as Bowser(or slighter smaller, or even slightly bigger). Still interesting though.
If not, I'm sure those Project M people can whip up something similar. I can't think of any other significant character that deserves an infinite flight-based moveset, albeit limited infinite flight.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If not, I'm sure those Project M people can whip up something similar. I can't think of any other significant character that deserves an infinite flight-based moveset, albeit limited infinite flight.
Zubat? I mean's he pretty iconic. /sarcasm

I can see Ridley mostly being an air fighter or a grappler. Maybe a mix of the two. Though infinite flying isn't a deal breaker for me. I can see how it might be a strange idea on paper too(to a game developer). But it'd be cool to see some day, for any fighter.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ugh, no thanks for me. After this game, I'm done with Smash. I'll be enjoying Project M instead of following the next game when that comes out.

Regardless of whether Ridley's in or not, I've become jaded after Sakurai's relentless trolling.
Not so sure about the Project M part as that depends on how good this game is, but it's likely to be the last Smash game where I participate in the hype period too. After being in both this and Brawl's speculation eras I don't see why I'd go do it again. I did plan on this being my last run though, as either Ridley is in and I'll have no reason to go whack about it again as he's all I really wanted from this game, or he isn't and he won't be included as long as Sakurai is in charge, which leaves me with no reason to speculate Smash again. Heck, had he been playable in Brawl I wouldn't have been here today.

Smash speculation can really get too big for its own good too, it really gets treaten as if it's larger than life. I'm sure I'll still absolutely love the idea of Ridley being playable in Smash another 10 years from now, but given the circumstances this game will already decide his faith in all future installments that have Sakurai at the helm, and I don't foresee him retiring before then.

Last edited:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
I indeed drew this the day madness started. Never forget August 20, 2013.
(The day Pyrosphere got revealed)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Too big argument rendered moot in a single image:

S2A571_0D883A3C17CE8_000.gif

"I just don't understand...they say I'm TOO big (which isn't true...), but when her physical attributes are RIDICULOUSLY big, they say 'Oh no, they aren't BIG enough! MORE!'...."

...lurking around japanese sites of fanart shows you that it is actually what they want for Samus....

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
View attachment 14983
"I just don't understand...they say I'm TOO big (which isn't true...), but when her physical attributes are RIDICULOUSLY big, they say 'Oh no, they aren''t BIG enough! MORE!'...."

...lurking around japanese sites of fanart shows you that it is actually what they want for Samus....
Clearly the chestpiece of Samus's powersuit is a miniature Tardis devoted to storing her boobs.

D

Deleted member

I came up with this Ridley-exclusive mechanic.

Pretty sure we proved that was faked. But I'm sure that a new Metroid game will come out soonish with a new Ridley design if Smashley is completely, totally horrendous.
Wasn't this the thing I interrogated you about some number of pages ago? I think it is and I'm wondering because I don't wanna build another wall of text if I've already built one for this subject.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
If Ridley gets added I'd personally like his trailer have him fighting Charizard, two famous Nintendo dragons going st it, that's just always been one of my dream matches.

Reila

Samus's booty is better than her boobs in this game TBH.
I am personally fascinated by her lips. To paraphrase you: They are quite... enviable. ^^

Her booty and hips are as well, obviously. Her body is well, perfect.

D

Deleted member

If Ridley gets added I'd personally like his trailer have him fighting Charizard, two famous Nintendo dragons going st it, that's just always been one of my dream matches.
Considering that Sakurai brought back the whole "Samus being much taller than puny Little Mac" joke from SSBB in Little Mac's reveal trailer, I imagine Ridley's reveal will have some interaction with Pikachu and (obviously) Samus.
I would LOVE to see Ridley get his revenge on Pikachu and just spend the first minute of the trailer grinding Pikachu into the walls and floors of the trailer's scenery. :awesome:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
"It's smaller on the outside!"
It's larger on the outside. And then again on the inside. ****

I'd love to see this as well, but as Soulless said, I imagine they'd do a bit with Pikachu instead, seeing as that's how it went down in Brawl.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Considering that Sakurai brought back the whole "Samus being much taller than puny Little Mac" joke from SSBB in Little Mac's reveal trailer, I imagine Ridley's reveal will have some interaction with Pikachu and (obviously) Samus.
I would LOVE to see Ridley get his revenge on Pikachu and just spend the first minute of the trailer grinding Pikachu into the walls and floors of the trailer's scenery. :awesome:
That or Ridley dropping him on the lava of the Pyrosphere....
11736406.png

Reila

I want Ridley's reveal trailer to be fun and silly. He is such a serious business character, so his reveal trailer being silly would help in making him "blend" better with the Smash Bros. cast. Make him interact with some weird Nintendo characters, like say Pikachu, Kirby or even Little Mac. I don't know, I just think a fight between Ridley and Charizard would extremely generic and boring. Ridley deserves something far more memorable than that.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I want Ridley's reveal trailer to be fun and silly. He is such a serious business character, so his reveal trailer being silly would help in making him "blend" better with the Smash Bros. cast. Make him interact with some weird Nintendo characters, like say Pikachu, Kirby or even Little Mac. I don't know, I just think a fight between Ridley and Charizard would extremely generic and boring. Ridley deserves something far more memorable than that.
Have Ridley be a G&W clone, but more realistic. For his back aerial he takes out a Ridley (getit) Sea Turtle.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
That would be pretty sick I'll admit, I just want to see Charizard and Ridley going at it in the sky or something, or better yet have Charizard and Samus tag team by having Charizard fly Samus up and as Charizard is charging at Ridley Samus is fireing blasts at him, any idea will be epic though really, I love the trailers we've seen so far, Mario vs. Charizard in the Greninja trailer was super hype in my opinion even though that can be replicated in Brawl and Project M.

AndreaAC

Have Ridley be a G&W clone, but more realistic. For his back aerial he takes out a Ridley (getit) Sea Turtle.
Oh, so that is why every time I search for fanart of Ridley...I get a lot of freaking turtles instead....I wonder why they got that name and not Bowser....

EDIT: I think I know why....they are as slow as Bowser...but they are agressive as Ridley...

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
You guys might as well give Ridley a Space Pirate toss attack that works like Dedede's Waddle-Dee toss lol.

Reila

Ridley should have an attack in which he toss Kraid in the adversaries.

AndreaAC

You guys might as well give Ridley a Space Pirate toss attack that works like Dedede's Waddle-Dee toss lol.
xD I think the Berserker Lords actually tossed some other Pirates in Prime 3 on Bryyo....So why not Ridley? I just pictured the pirates screaming "Wheeee!" every time Ridley toss them....

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Pikachu clearly

Pikachu really isn't living up to being known as an electric mouse in this series, is he...?

Well, he's got the electric part down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom