• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What about the Mewtwo in the Greninja? :awesome:

I'm just saying it looks like what it looks like. I'm not saying it means Ridley confirmed or anything....
I believe that was a legit troll as proof has shown greninjas fingers were fatter and had no webbing also had no fin aroubd his head.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
EDIT: I don't really know why we're still acting like Other M Ridley would not be playable but Ridley would still be playable.
It's likely a combination of the damnable "Other boss character appearances" subtitle still being valid proof that Ridley is a boss, but since it's a clone, it doesn't count (Me personally, unless the original encounters the clone or the clone is different enough from the original to be addressed in-story, a clone in the context of the story essentially means resurrection or rebirth of the character) and the fact that the Other M model is just plain ugly. The concept art is amazing, but the model is...eh.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai mentioning "other boss characters" while showing Ridley's shadow is pretty weak evidence compared to actually looking at his shadow.

I mean if I am handing you a dog dressed in a dinosaur costume and telling you I'm giving you your own pet dinosaur, sure. I just said I'm giving you a dinosaur. I definitely said that. But if you look at the thing I am giving you it's pretty obvious that it's not actually a dinosaur.

And that's not even a great analogy because Sakurai's not even saying Ridley is or isn't anything.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I think Sakurai mentioning "other boss characters" while showing Ridley's shadow is pretty weak evidence compared to actually looking at his shadow.

I mean if I am handing you a dog dressed in a dinosaur costume and telling you I'm giving you your own pet dinosaur, sure. I just said I'm giving you a dinosaur. I definitely said that. But if you look at the thing I am giving you it's pretty obvious that it's not actually a dinosaur.

And that's not even a great analogy because Sakurai's not even saying Ridley is or isn't anything.
True, true. But saying that Ridley is still a playable character despite the "Other boss character appearances" subtitle being shown over Ridley's shadow, no matter how you dress it up or explain it, makes you sound like you're just dodging the issue and picking apart Sakurai's words so that they barely resemble their original intentions. The end result makes one look desperate, no matter how logical the argument.

Like, what if I told you Wonder Red still has a chance because Sakurai never said that he wasn't a playable character? He was never solidly deconfirmed!

(For the record, I believe Ridley is playable and Wonder Red's chances are zero)

majora_787

Smash Hero
The issue is, Wonder Red was not stated to be anything but was actually shown in a way which deliberately implies he isn't playable.

Ridley, on the other hand, was not stated to be anything, verbally implied to maybe be a boss, but was shown in a way which very heavily implies playability.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
With the Nfc confirmed for ssb4, I really hope they won't add figures that you need to buy to unlock characters... Damn if I need to buy a mini Ridley to unlock him... Even if, for him, it's very unlikely. But we never know, would you buy a toy to unlock him guts ?

Because saddly, I would. :nifty:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I seriously doubt Nintendo would pull a Microsoft and make you buy tons of peripheral things to enjoy the game's basic features like basic playable characters. They'll probably stick to vs matches and secondary unlock requirements in single player modes.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The figures at least give us hope that if we harass Sakurai enough post-release we might actually get Ridley even if he isn't included in the initial release. I'm sure nobody here would dislike having a Ridley figure on their desk either.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

The Bigley meme is an insult to our Space Pirate Dragon
BURN IN HELL, TOOBIGOTS!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Although, I admit this Bigley drawing is hilarious :p

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

The Bigley meme is an insult to our Space Pirate Dragon
BURN IN HELL, TOOBIGOTS!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Although, I admit this Bigley drawing is hilarious :p
You realize your not helping yourself or the cause you support by doing that?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

inb4 Pyrosphere stage boss is a (Ninten)dog dressed up as Ridley.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
The figures at least give us hope that if we harass Sakurai enough post-release we might actually get Ridley even if he isn't included in the initial release. I'm sure nobody here would dislike having a Ridley figure on their desk either.
That's essentially a lot of the draw behind NFC figures 'cause, well, they're still figurines. They're still collectible.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
I highly doubt that the NFC figures will be for playable characters since Sakurai already confirmed that the 3DS and Wii U versions of SSB4 will have the same roster....
...We are even not sure how NFC will work out....we will find out in E3 2014.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I highly doubt that the NFC figures will be for playable characters since Sakurai already confirmed that the 3DS and Wii U versions of SSB4 will have the same roster....
...We are even not sure how NFC will work out....we will find out in E3 2014.
I disagree. If it's for playable character DLC, you can feasibly use the same NFC figurine for both games. Both 3DS and Wii U communicate with the NFC figurines.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm 99.99% certain he's playable, but I'm also sure that there'll be figures of every playable character, likely for Trophy/Sticker purposes.

If not, the odds of Ridley NOT having his own figure are near zero. It's win-win!

D

Deleted member

The only way we're getting Ridley in figure form is if we get 5 different figures ala Exodia. :troll:

I kid, I kid.

EDIT:
Left Arm of the Too Big One
Right Arm of the Too Big One
Left Leg of the Too Big One
Right Leg of the Too Big One
Ridley the Too Big One (His head, torso, tail, and wings)

Note: I am not a Too Bigot; "Too Big" jokes are just fricking hilarious no matter who you are. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The only way we're getting Ridley in figure form is if we get 5 different figures ala Exodia. :troll:

I kid, I kid.

EDIT:
Left Arm of the Too Big One
Right Arm of the Too Big One
Left Leg of the Too Big One
Right Leg of the Too Big One
Ridley the Too Big One (His head, torso, tail, and wings)

Note: I am not a Too Bigot; "Too Big" jokes are just fricking hilarious no matter who you are. :laugh:
Or like those Action Figure packs that are packaged with a piece of a super-awesome toy!

D

Deleted member

Or like those Action Figure packs that are packaged with a piece of a super-awesome toy!
Oh God, that reminded me of those Marvel figures that would come with a piece of another bigger figure.
Like the set for a Galactus figure or a M.O.D.O.K. figure.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I think the only official Metroid figurines we've ever gotten were armored Samus, and Zero Suit Samus...so yeah, I would certainly like an official Ridley figurine.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
This NFC thing...Sakurai said that there would be crossing between the Wii U and the 3DS....Could it be for this?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This NFC thing...Sakurai said that there would be crossing between the Wii U and the 3DS....Could it be for this?
We're talking about figurines, yes? So how would that tie in with something with a customizable appearance like Miis?

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

Should we expect something like this in E3 2014?
I would like the Ridley figurine as a decoration in my room, not a portable DLC.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Classy as frick. Now, if you'll excuse me...

*yoink!*
I must be sincere, I never let anyone to use my work, but since I'm really happy that you liked it that much to put it as your avi...I have no problem with it :3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While I don't imagine the Miis will have anything to do with the NFC figurines, I do predict that the figurines will be unveiled as the mysterious way in which the Wii U and 3DS versions are connected.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
The issue is, Wonder Red was not stated to be anything but was actually shown in a way which deliberately implies he isn't playable.

Ridley, on the other hand, was not stated to be anything, verbally implied to maybe be a boss, but was shown in a way which very heavily implies playability.
I have to be fair here, the movement of the shadow looks very AI controlled. Straight flight, then perfect hovering, then more straight flight. Even if there was a landing or a grab, it doesnt look human controlled. Not even CPU controlled playable characters are so scripted and basic.
I mean, Im all for analising the segment, but even with things like the lack of a telegraph, its pattern doesnt scream "human controlled" to most.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I have to be fair here, the movement of the shadow looks very AI controlled. Straight flight, then perfect hovering, then more straight flight. Even if there was a landing or a grab, it doesnt look human controlled. Not even CPU controlled playable characters are so scripted and basic.
I mean, Im all for analising the segment, but even with things like the lack of a telegraph, its pattern doesnt scream "human controlled" to most.
Peach does something similar.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It seems like the very last segment before the scene fades to black where you see Ridley (or rather his shadow) come back wasn't supposed to be there, like they left it running a couple seconds too long but didn't edit it out.

Huh.

D

Deleted member

It seems like the very last segment before the scene fades to black where you see Ridley (or rather his shadow) come back wasn't supposed to be there, like they left it running a couple seconds too long but didn't edit it out.

Huh.
All the better for us, it gives us:
a) more footage to speculate on
b)Some support that Ridley is playable since the last few frames seem to show Ridley performing a second jump backwards.

I'm certainly not complaining about "errors" like these (not to imply that I think you were).

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Only thing that worries me about the jumping thing is that I think people are putting too much stock in it. If Ridley IS a stage hazard/boss, it makes sense for him to utilize the platforms/ground as well. I mean, look at the behavior for the Ultimate Chimera. It didn't necessarily seek out players to kill, like Ridley might, but it DOES stalk and jump about. Couple that with Ridley's penchant for grabbing stuff and, well, I don't see Ridley jumping to necessarily be the be-all/end-all of arguments.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
All the better for us, it gives us:
a) more footage to speculate on
b)Some support that Ridley is playable since the last few frames seem to show Ridley performing a second jump backwards.

I'm certainly not complaining about "errors" like these (not to imply that I think you were).
If anything I was pointing out how it's suspicious that the last few seconds looked like they weren't meant to be part of the "staged" segment.

Top Bottom