• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
I've brought it up a number of times before, but yeah it's just not great for Sakurai to rip off DoA like that either.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
I'm gonna be honest, I'm a little disappointed by the lack of tail attacks. Him jackhammering the ground is one of his signature moves.
What I did was only SPECIAL MOVES

Ridley's Tail Moveset:
Side A: Ridley whips his tail forward
Aerial Down A: Ridley "jackhammer" his tail downwards....Meteor-Smash if hit at the tail tip.
Aerial Back A: Ridley flails his tail like whip, hitting enemies behind him
Grab + Down Throw: Ridley pins the enemy to the ground and relentlessly stabs with his tail (3 times stab) and the 4th hit is a down-bash tail whip

D

Deleted member

What I did was only SPECIAL MOVES

Ridley's Tail Moveset:
Side A: Ridley whips his tail forward
Aerial Down A: Ridley "jackhammer" his tail downwards....Meteor-Smash if hit at the tail tip.
Aerial Back A: Ridley flails his tail like whip, hitting enemies behind him
Grab + Down Throw: Ridley pins the enemy to the ground and relentlessly stabs with his tail (3 times stab) and the 4th hit is a down-bash tail whip
I could also see his tail being incorporated into his up-tilt and down smash. For his up-tilt he could do either an overhead sweep or a simple stab upwards, perhaps, and for his down smash he would do a tail sweep hitting both sides of him.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Yeah Ridley's Cameo was in an iteration of Dead or Alive. It was even Other M Ridley:

Why is Ridley so huge in that pic? He's never been that big in Other M, or even in the Metroid franchise (apart from maybe Meta Ridley in MP3). He's borderline Kraid-sized right there.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0198.JPG

I drew Ridley in formal attire and I regret nothing...I will call him...Catrín Ridley ( a catrín is a well dressed person, elegant)

I always wanted to draw him like that...xD So I did it out of boredom...

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I drew Ridley in formal attire and I regret nothing...I will call him...Catrín Ridley ( a catrín is a well dressed person, elegant)
This makes me imagine an entire Ridley-themed Lotería deck, with Ridley wearing various outfits.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Is it wrong that this just made me imagine Roidley with sunglasses and leather jacket riding a motorcycle chewing on a cigar with a whole cooler of beer in his left hand because left hands are sinister while Rosalina is on the back of the motorcycle holding onto Ridley Roidley?
Cough* Andrea*cough*

AndreaAC

This makes me imagine an entire Ridley-themed Lotería deck, with Ridley wearing various outfits.
xD that is what I was thinking...the most easier ones to do with him would be the Death and the Devil....but I don't think I would want to dress Ridley like a mermaid...
Cough* Andrea*cough*
The idea confused me, he wants Ridley or Roidley on the motorcycle?
Exactly as I imagined him. :b: Was my ball dance story inspiration by any chance?
xD It was actually (specially when I was thinking about the top hat), and mainly I took as reference a skeleton catrin from the Day of the dead...I love that celebration, so colorful.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The idea confused me, he wants Ridley or Roidley on the motorcycle?
I vote OG Ridley on the motorcycle, it would fit better to represent that Ridley and Rosalina have been an item for a while considering how much longer Ridley has been around than Roidley (relative to the Metroid franchise/in general).

majora_787

Smash Hero
The way they said it seemed to imply all three of them were on the motorcycle, with Roidley in front, Ridley in the middle, and Rosalina in back. That's one gigantic motorcycle. :p

D

Deleted member

The way they said it seemed to imply all three of them were on the motorcycle, with Roidley in front, Ridley in the middle, and Rosalina in back. That's one gigantic motorcycle. :p
So does that mean that Rosalina is two-timing Ridley? This is one weird love triangle.

OR does this mean that Ridley in fact loves Roidley who doesn't care about Ridley or Rosalina and that Rosalina is just chasing after something that she can never have? Or are BOTH Rosalina and Ridley truly just fangirls to Roidley and he is the real loose cannon/bad boy that I called Ridley earlier?

This is becoming a very confusing and overly complex love story.:psycho:

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

So does that mean that Rosalina is two-timing Ridley? This is one weird love triangle.

OR does this mean that Ridley in fact loves Roidley who doesn't care about Ridley or Rosalina and that Rosalina is just chasing after something that she can never have? Or are BOTH Rosalina and Ridley truly just fangirls to Roidley and he is the real loose cannon/bad boy that I called Ridley earlier?

This is becoming a very confusing and overly complex love story.:psycho:
.___. I'm confused right now....

majora_787

Smash Hero
You definitely are. :p

18 days or so until we find out what happened to Ridley. It's crazy to have something actually legitimate in favor of him being a playable character. Back before Brawl, we had what. The fact that he hadn't been deconfirmed yet, the fact that he could be playable, and his face in the clouds?

D

Deleted member

You definitely are. :p

18 days or so until we find out what happened to Ridley. It's crazy to have something actually legitimate in favor of him being a playable character. Back before Brawl, we had what. The fact that he hadn't been deconfirmed yet, the fact that he could be playable, and his face in the clouds?
Now we have a shadow, the fact that he could be playable, and his face in a tree branch in another character's reveal trailer.

Progress? I enthusiastically say:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Now we have a shadow, the fact that he could be playable, and his face in a tree branch in another character's reveal trailer.
So let me get this straight.

People think Pac-Man is all but confirmed to be playable because of a cloud formation in Greninja's trailer that vaguely looks like him, but when we get a shadow of Ridley he's 100% disconfirmed?

D

Deleted member

People think Pac-Man is all but confirmed to be playable because of a cloud formation in Greninja's trailer that vaguely looks like him, but when we get a shadow of Ridley he's 100% disconfirmed?
All I can say is that dumb people will be dumb at times, haha.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Adding another reason to the pile of why Ridley's playable;

This is so solid the ultimate proof that the only thing that can debunk it is multiple light sources or some "It's a brand new model" argument.

Take a lookie at Ridley's tail in Other M, and compare it to Samus's Arm Cannon.

It's as thick, if not thicker, than Samus's gun.

Now, compare Pikachu's girth to Samus's trusty gun.

Pikachu is roughly 2 to 4 times as thick as Samus's cannon. Ridley, as a boss, should logically have a tail that's at the very smallest, half a Pikachu.

tail comparison.png

Huh.

That tail, assuming the shadows aren't incredibly, impossibly distorted, is about 1/8th Pikachu's size.

They must want to make it really skinny to reduce hitbox issues.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284

100%, no questions. Shut down the thread, guys, it's over! :troll:

Honestly, though, I don't see why anyone with half a brain thinks that. Pacman could be a dude, but not because of an arbitrary cloud. I think he'd make a cool assist, though, with all the ghosts running around as he chases them, but that's neither here nor there.

majora_787

Smash Hero

This is so solid the ultimate proof that the only thing that can debunk it is multiple light sources or some "It's a brand new model" argument.

Take a lookie at Ridley's tail in Other M, and compare it to Samus's Arm Cannon.

Pikachu is roughly 2 to 4 times as thick as Samus's cannon. Ridley, as a boss, should logically have a tail that's at the very smallest, half a Pikachu.

View attachment 14524

Huh.

That tail, assuming the shadows aren't incredibly, impossibly distorted, is about 1/8th Pikachu's size.

Wow, that last comparison of Ridley's shadow to Pikachu is EXTREMELY telling. xD

D

Deleted member

View attachment 14524

Huh.

Considering the possibility that either Other M Ridley or OG Ridley could be playable, could it not be possible that OG Ridley is playable, and that perhaps his tail is 1/8th Pikachu's size?

EDIT: OG Ridley's shadow being shown and him being playable could also explain the fact of the Ridley Shadow having no wing tatters as @ The King of Skulls The King of Skulls mentioned.
For Example:

majora_787

Smash Hero
If/when the character discussion thread turns to Metroid again, should I post this?
Probably. Especially considering, if you double Pikachu's size (in paint or something), Pikachu is about Bowser's size. And coincidentally, also the size of the body of Ridley's shadow.

EDIT: I don't really know why we're still acting like Other M Ridley would not be playable but Ridley would still be playable.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I noticed that Roidley's wings are tattered, but the shadow's wings are perfectly fine.

Possible hybrid design? I mean, I guess his wings are like that because he gets shot down, but I digress.
Nah, that's just battle damage from Samus.

Speaking of which, Brawl did originally have a "battle damage" mechanic that was scrapped. I wonder if they'd reinstate it?

Considering the possibility that either Other M Ridley or OG Ridley could be playable, could it not be possible that OG Ridley is playable, and that perhaps his tail is 1/8th Pikachu's size?
I'm a little dumb, what's OG Ridley?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I think its gonna be a hybrid design no matter if playable or boss theres no if's imo.

Theres no straight rip for any chars out of there canon/games.

See Brawl Ridley and im sure Meta Ridley too.

I hope its more like other m concept design its perfect imo.

ridleybydabyhedgehog.png

@ OblivionWolf OblivionWolf no offense but i seriously hope your not taking that rock thing seriously.........even the pacman in greninja's sig is absurd......

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm a little dumb, what's OG Ridley?
O.G. stands for Original Gangster, so it's what I use to refer to the original Ridley Model before the clone appeared in Other M, making Original Ridley the "Original Gangster" if that makes sense.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
O.G. stands for Original Gangster, so it's what I use to refer to the original Ridley Model before the clone appeared in Other M, making Original Ridley the "Original Gangster" if that makes sense.
We've already pretty well covered that it's Other M Ridley, as we've seen his white, swordlike tail.

I think its gonna be a hybrid design no matter if playable or boss theres no if's imo.

View attachment 14525

@ OblivionWolf OblivionWolf no offense but i seriously hope your not taking that rock thing seriously.........even the pacman in greninja's sig is absurd......
Well, Brawl Ridley was pretty faithful to his Super Metroid appearance. the only difference was that his coloration was NES/Melee purple rather than Red.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Namco + Sal
True, but to use the cloud formation as possible evidence for his inclusion is just baffling. If they're going to say Pac-Man will be in SSB4 because of so and so, they should use another example instead.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

View attachment 14525

What about the Mewtwo in the Greninja? :awesome:

I'm just saying it looks like what it looks like. I'm not saying it means Ridley confirmed or anything....

Top Bottom