• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Now, I'm not really into this whole "shipping" thing, but to me, I just can't picture Rosalina and Ridley as an actual couple. I would imagine their relationship, if they had one, would be more like that of a loving mother and bratty child relationship rather than one of a boyfriend and girlfriend. That's just me, though.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Hmm, Roidley and Ridley fusing...

I hope, depending on the circumstances, that Andrea has Ridley "training" Roidley to prepare for Smash (since it was obviously Roidley's shadow), or to go with the hybrid design theory, they fuse together and their heads are on the same body.

Either way would be hilarious to see.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
People, we all know that the OTP is RidleyxPalutena. :p

No, I'm not biased.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Hmm, Roidley and Ridley fusing...

I hope, depending on the circumstances, that Andrea has Ridley "training" Roidley to prepare for Smash (since it was obviously Roidley's shadow), or to go with the hybrid design theory, they fuse together and their heads are on the same body.

Either way would be hilarious to see.
I like the way you think! :shades:

People, we all know that the OTP is RidleyxPalutena. :p

No, I'm not biased.
Bias? What bias? THIS IS THE TRUTH! ...Sorry.

D

Deleted member

Now, I'm not really into this whole "shipping" thing, but to me, I just can't picture Rosalina and Ridley as an actual couple. I would imagine their relationship, if they had one, would be more like that of a loving mother and bratty child relationship rather than one of a boyfriend and girlfriend. That's just me, though.
I wouldn't say that Ridley would be a "bratty child" I feel like he would be more of the loose cannon/bad boy stereotype that either acts like he doesn't care or truly doesn't care for what Rosalina thinks, he just thinks she's "cool" to hang with because she's peaceful and doesn't judge him so long as he doesn't bother the Lumas and her part of the cosmos. For all we know Rosalina could have some pent up jealousy or grudge with Samus and maybe she is dating Ridley to spite Samus.
Maybe Rosalina was the one that orchestrated the killing of Samus's parents, so she's the real enemy the whole time.

Am I reading into this too much?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I liken the way I portray Ridley and Rosalina to that of Beauty and the Beast. Rosalina is clearly not afraid of Ridley's fearsome exterior, and as such he slowly softens to her since she's pretty much the only one to stand her ground yet not try to blast his face at the same time (Samus).

Granted in that initial story Ridley's feelings swing rather abruptly, but being a oneshot I didn't bother spending that much time to flesh things out.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
I wouldn't say that Ridley would be a "bratty child" I feel like he would be more of the loose cannon/bad boy stereotype that either acts like he doesn't care or truly doesn't care for what Rosalina thinks, he just thinks she's "cool" to hang with because she's peaceful and doesn't judge him so long as he doesn't bother the Lumas and her part of the cosmos. For all we know Rosalina could have some pent up jealousy or grudge with Samus and maybe she is dating Ridley to spite Samus.
Maybe Rosalina was the one that orchestrated the killing of Samus's parents, so she's the real enemy the whole time.

Am I reading into this too much?
Is it wrong that this just made me imagine Roidley with sunglasses and leather jacket riding a motorcycle chewing on a cigar with a whole cooler of beer in his left hand because left hands are sinister while Rosalina is on the back of the motorcycle holding onto Ridley Roidley?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Changing the subject, does anyone see the potential irony in Ridley using Assist Trophy!Dark Samus to defeat his opponents?

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Changing the subject, does anyone see the potential irony in Ridley using Assist Trophy!Dark Samus to defeat his opponents?
I wanted to make an incredibly lame pun to respond to this, but alas, Ridley hath thrown me into the Pit...

Ahem... yes. Maybe. Kinda. I dunno.

Wasn't that already pointed out when Mother Brain was revealed?
Dis too.

Last edited:

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Wasn't that already pointed out when Mother Brain was revealed?
Yes. I thought it was really strange, because I thought Mother Brain would've made a great boss fight.
The mind of Sakurai is a strange thing. As are that of those on the dev team (possibly). If we only knew what they were thinking, this would not be a problem.

New question arises. If Ridley is indeed playable, with Mother Brain and Dark Samus as Assist Trophies alongside a Metroid, who or what will be the boss representing the Metroid franchise, if there is one. Meta Ridley?!? Because Ridley vs. Meta Ridley =/= logic.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
New question arises. If Ridley is indeed playable, with Mother Brain and Dark Samus as Assist Trophies alongside a Metroid, who or what will be the boss representing the Metroid franchise, if there is one. Meta Ridley?!? Because Ridley vs. Meta Ridley =/= logic.
Kraid if brinstar depth won't return.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
The mind of Sakurai is a strange thing. As are that of those on the dev team (possibly). If we only knew what they were thinking, this would not be a problem.

Kraid. Duh.

"Goddammit, you green asshole, get out of my way!"
"Ha! I'm gonna smush you like a little fly!"

D

Deleted member

I have faith in Crocomire as a boss.

TEAM CROCOMIRE FOR LIFE.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
I have faith in Crocomire as a boss.

TEAM CROCOMIRE FOR LIFE.
THE ONLY TEAM WORTH ROOTING FOR!

...I mean Kraid's cool too. And I'm not just saying that because team Kraid is threatening to feed me to him or anything like that.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
My ideal Metroid boss would be Queen Metroid, because I've always wanted to fight against the Metroids Smash style.

But I don't know how it would be in-cooperated on a stage as of the moment, so I would consider Nightmare as another candidate.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
My ideal Metroid boss would be Queen Metroid, because I've always wanted to fight against the Metroids Smash style.

But I don't know how it would be in-cooperated on a stage as of the moment, so I would consider Nightmare as another candidate.
Well, we haven't seen hide nor hair of a 3DS Metroid stage...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well there's also always the other obvious choice.

I actually really like the concept of an intangible/background boss, but that's besides the point. Behind the big/confirmed 3 and Kraid (who also has Smash history), I'd argue only Metroid Prime (who is technically/becomes Dark Samus) and the Queen Metroid are as well known as Phantoon.
Plus secret final boss and all.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Phantoon confirmed to be the secret Pyrosphere boss. (Haha if only.) But really yeah Phantoon would be a cool boss. And another familiar alien for Ridley to maul for "the win".

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
What if...

Crocomire and Kraid tag-teamed to be stage bosses? That way everyone's happy!
I never understood why people like Crocomire so much...

I always thought Ridley, Mother Brain and Kraid (maybe Phantoon, Nightmare and Metroid Prime) were the only Metroid villains worthy enough for Smash.

Crocomire is just a mini-boss :/

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
xD I think I will have to show some of the drawings I have again...since I'm the one who started that pairing....
View attachment 14485

c: as time goes by, this "Ridsalina" collage is getting bigger...this pairing started with the blue sketch from the upper left corner ...
well, thats quite cute

Am I the only one who finds the Ridsalina ship REALLY WEIRD?
duh, I think it was part of the point : P

or a pet, master kind XD
hehe dunno, Ridley seems the kind of type that likes to work for powerful females (hi mother) and while space pirate society have an almost bee-like hierachy i don't think that Ridley would mind serving a "queen" (Only a queen though, anything less would be degrading for him) so Ridley would have a knight-queen relationship and Rosalina could have a caring master-Pet relationship, who knows. now we only need Empress Rosalina : D

although it can always deepn and enter the realm of forbidden love.... *shivers*

I liken the way I portray Ridley and Rosalina to that of Beauty and the Beast. Rosalina is clearly not afraid of Ridley's fearsome exterior, and as such he slowly softens to her since she's pretty much the only one to stand her ground yet not try to blast his face at the same time (Samus).
haven't read them... but just pointing that Ridley isn't exactly the noone loves me so i destroy everything kind of villian. in fact in the manga a terrified 3 years old samus tries to put it fear aside and talk to ridley that it didnt matter her how frightful he was, they could still be friends... at which Ridley proceeded to mock her and then tried to butcher her DX

Was looking at the playable roster for Tekken games to see if Namco made characters like Ridley before....I mentioned this guy was playable character before.

Yes PLAYABLE character!

But was this guy ever below playable? Those wings and that tail are so much like Other M Ridley.

uhm... frankly if Capcom managed to make MODOK playable and look good, it's clear than everything can be made playable if the team really wants to. i'm pretty sure they could even make mother brain palayable and it wouldn't look awkward if they really wanted to spent the time doing it. in fact the team managed to do a decent ROB already.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

I always thought Ridley, Mother Brain and Kraid (maybe Phantoon, Nightmare and Metroid Prime) were the only Metroid villains worthy enough for Smash.

Well, he does have the most gruesome death in a Metroid game.

Sorry, Nightmare, though yours was quite disgusting.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

Crocomire had a unique boss battle for the time (the tug of war kind of thing), he was invincible to conventional weaponry, one of the few creatures that react adversely to Power Bombs on purpose (it was coded in), as someone else said, most gruesome death in the series, and the whole fight had a memorable end. I don't have a problem seeing why people love Crocomire. I mean, people clearly love him in the gaming world, as well, if his skull gets so many cameos.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
after chunky beef post about crocomire, and since i remembered crocomire cameo in Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance, i searched for metroid cameos to look were else crocomire skull was.

Did you know that a fighting game already did a geothermal plant level with Ridley as a stage hazard and all? so if the stage is only geothermal plant and ridley is only a stage hazard it would be SO LAMEEEEEEE. hope that sakurai haven't done that mistake :p

D

Deleted member

after chunky beef post about crocomire, and since i remembered crocomire cameo in Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance, i searched for metroid cameos to look were else crocomire skull was.

Did you know that a fighting game already did a geothermal plant level with Ridley as a stage hazard and all? so if the stage is only geothermal plant and ridley is only a stage hazard it would be SO LAMEEEEEEE. hope that sakurai haven't done that mistake :p
Yeah Ridley's Cameo was in an iteration of Dead or Alive. It was even Other M Ridley:

Last edited by a moderator:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Unique boss battle? Or the tug-of-war? Tug of war was pretty unique for its time, at least so far as I can gather. Kraid and Phantoon were just boss battles, y'know?
Oh wait, I thought you said "unique boss theme" for a moment, woops.

Sorry for that brain fart. That was really dumb of me.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Oh wait, I thought you said "unique boss theme" for a moment, woops.

Sorry for that brain fart. That was really dumb of me.
No worries! I was confused there for a bit, as well. XD Yeah, Crocomire's fight music wasn't unique, sadly.

Adding to the pile of reasons why Ridley isn't a stage hazard on Pyrosphere: It's been done. Why do it again?
Developer laziness. It takes less resources to make a stage hazard Ridley than jump through the flaming hoops required to make a whole new character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom