• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I personally think Metroid Prime 2 is the most underrated game in the franchise. Its even stronger than the original Prime in some regards. I would compare it to Majora's Mask in the Zelda series as well. The art direction (particularly the Sanctuary Fortress) is probably the best in any Prime game, the utilization of the morph ball (and puzzles) it as its peak, and the boss fights were among the best in the series.

I think what turned most people off was the difficulty (definitely the hardest of the trilogy) and the ammo system.

majora_787

Smash Hero
My biggest issue with Prime 2 is simply the whole "dark world" thing it did. I otherwise liked the Ing and the suits and the beams, aside from the dumb ammo system. I just had more irks with it than I did Prime 1 or 3.

Also the boss fights may have been good, but Prime 2 is responsible for the Boost Guardian. You cannot simply recover from that. (I'm joking. Sort of.)

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I would say Palutena is a bit below K. Rool. However, Ridley is definitely in a tier all his own. There really is very few characters now at this point that compare to the fanbases that existed during the pre-Brawl days (pretty much only Ridley, K. Rool, and Palutena compare).
I wasn't talking about fanbase size, I was talking about the amount of teasing Sakurai has done with the characters. K. Rool definitely got some with the Kremlings in Smash Run, Palutena has the statue (conveniently right after the leak I might add), the Pseudo fakeout, and the massive amount of Uprising representation.

But as for Ridley, he has more trolling material then every other character combined.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Fusion sorta holds a special place in my heart because it was my first Metroid. And yeah, I do appreciate the sequence breaking in the other games now, but unlike Other M, Fusion has the decency to railroad you in a non-linear fashion. It was a hallway which I barely noticed.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Except that's just the way it appears to you. Obviously it doesn't appear that way to me...and I'm not about to go and assume I have any idea what Sakurai is thinking...I would recommend you practice the same caution before you disappoint yourself...
I had a feeling you or someone would make this assumption, but I'm not really a Ridley supporter. The post you replied to was my first in this thread. I don't really care about any newcomer until their trailer shows us how they play.

I know that's not how it appears to you, but you asked for the perspective of Ridley's supporters and I gave it to you. Take it or leave it. I myself am leaning toward this interpretation because it makes sense to assume that we're supposed to be surprised when we finally see Ridley, and the simplest (but not the only) assumption from there is that it's because he'll be playable.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

I'm a huge fan of the Atelier series.
Maybe in the future, Nintendo will have a Metroid Spin-Off where Ridley is the main protagonist.

Despite being a huge evil dragon, Ridley is very intelligent to the point that Ridley is a SCIENTIST
If Ridley can construct a Robotic Version of himself, then he can do much more in his own SPACE PIRATE LAB. (Hence the Atelier in the title)

Ridley can gather materials from unknown territories, during Space Pirate raids or even purchasing from the Black Market...
Ridley then constructs all sorts of weapons, armor, explosives, medicine and other equipment to aid the Space Pirates.

An optional sidequest could be the construction of Robot Ridley. When completed, Robot Ridley can be a powerful ally but alas, for some reason, Ridley does not fully complete Robot Ridley......Later, Robot Ridley can be found in Zero Mission.

Here are some of my favorite soundtracks from the Atelier series:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I must admit, the only Metroid game I've ever played is Super Metroid (got it during the 30 cent Wii U virtual console deal), and I've barley played it. I beat the plant boss (forget its name) and that's about it. Love the music though.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
I must admit, the only Metroid game I've ever played is Super Metroid (got it during the 30 cent Wii U virtual console deal), and I've barley played it. I beat the plant boss (forget its name) and that's about it. Love the music though.
Try Metroid Fusion next. You might like it.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
If Ridley didn't become a Space Pirate I am 99% Sure he would've become a Movie Director.
Ridley seems like he would like Jobs where he would get to yell at people.

Also he was named after Ridley Scott the Movie Director but shush.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
If Ridley didn't become a Space Pirate I am 99% Sure he would've become a Movie Director.
Ridley seems like he would like Jobs where he would get to yell at people.

Also he was named after Ridley Scott the Movie Director but shush.
The main advantage he'd have over other directors is that he'd get to promptly shoot any negative critics. :awesome:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Hello fellow Ridley smashers! Since his "deconfirmation" in april, Ive been looking at many of the discussions on the webs.... And most are so basic and boring. Only here Ive seen things like Ridley's shadow not being as large as it seems, and plentiful of other better points than Ive seen elsewhere. Ive been lurking this thread since quite awhile, but I got finally compelled to join here now, so I hope there is space for a late pirate :b:.

Im going to start with a rather big post, so I hope it can actually contribute to the discussions, here and elsewhere.

Something I noticed from looking at the larger gaming sites (gaf, miiverse, gfaqs, youtube) is that the arguments are so poor, for both contrarians and supporters, which is something that drives me nuts. One particular point I may have seen, is consistently forgotten by pretty much everybody, even here Ive not seen it brought into attention. Its not directly related to Ridley thought, probably thats why :p.

Ive been thinking about this for a few days already, and its a long read. If anyone feels my post is a little too large just skip to the second spoiler.

It may seem more fitting for another topic, but I want to talk about another one of Sakurai's antics. One that managed to fool many. If Ridley is the man's number one troll, this one has to be the top second:

[Late edit: Fixed the images links]

On December 26th, Sakurai confirmed Zelda as a returning character. Her profile was also updated on the official page with a couple of new images. One of them stood out among the rest.

This image generated a lot of speculation, "Is it an Assist Trophy? A new move for Zelda? Is Sheik gettin cut???". For months there was no new information about this image, and since it wasnt revealed in a PotD post, it had no context to work with. Other pics with Zelda were shown, confirming she still had her Up and Side B moves, and there was another profile picture where Zelda has the same pose but there is no Phantom. Some people thought this actually was Zelda's Down B, replacing sheik's transformation, but it wasn't the most popular opinion. It didn't make much sense.
Zelda changing to Sheik has been her main gimmick since she was introduced in Melee, taking that away seemed more like something the "no-fun-allowed Project M guys" would do. Moreso, there were some pictures where Zelda is striking weird poses, that looked like her transform animation. It was more logical that this was just a conveniently placed AT or replacing another of her specials (like Nayru's Love since it was never shown).

Four and a half months later, the April direct released the megaton: The transformation mechanic had been removed entirely from the game. The "Phantom Slash" was indeed Zelda's new Down B, and Sheik was promoted to "full" playable character.

So what about this?

Its easy to figure it out now in hindsight, but back then it wasn't obvious. With this picture Sakurai was spoiling a major game changing feature, that affected not just Zelda and Sheik, ZSS and PT's pokes as well, but for months many didn't think about it and shruged off arguments pointing out oddities in the picture. People looking too much into things perhaps?

There is another detail about the picture that I'd like to point out: The only visual effect in the image is the slash attack.

This is how the Phantom Slash looks like in more recent pictures:

The move has many more visual effects than in the original one, Zelda and the Phantom have purple energy emanating from them, and both characters leave wind trails in their motions. Now look at this picture again. There is absolutely no doubt that the Phantom is coming out of Zelda.

None of those visual cues are in the older picture. It is obvious that the move had an aesthetical upgrade since its december spoil, as the slash trail has a different color and actually follows the sword trajectory. Now, what if the image in the profile picture was choosen for this reason? With the second one, its clear that the Phantom is a part of Zelda's moveset somehow, but with the original one there is more room for doubt. Even if the older build had more effects, it wouldn't be too hard to remove them with the debug menu. I believe that the profile pic wasn't a screw up either. I think it was deliberately made to spoil the move without making it so obvious, why release it alongside another picture with Zelda making the same pose but with no sight of the Phantom then?

Even using the more recent builds, without context, its not exactly clear what is happening there. If Sakurai had explained what was going on, people could have figured out not just the Zelda/Sheik change, but perhaps ZSS' and Charizard's promotion as well ("So why are we having Sheik becoming a separated character all of a sudden?")

However that didn't happen, and for months, Sakurai was able to keep this stealth spoiler unnoticed for most people, because the more logical explanation was easy to believe, other characters have items and stuff in their profiles too (Zero Suit Samus does not burst into flames and grows bunny ears as part of her reworked moveset ;)). The fact that there were other images that disproved this idea made it even harder to entertain.

If you want to hide something from someone, just put it right in front of them.

So how does this relate to Ridley?

Let me point out right now that Im not claiming that this sneaky spoiler is a similar situation to this 10 month-long Ridley tease. They are not identical or even similar. Sakurai did not show Sheik's shadow after an AT segment, nor did he hinted at Sheik being removed from Zelda's moveset when revealing her last year.

That said, I find some useful points of comparison here and there.

Many dismiss Ridley fans looking into ways to interpret Sakurai's words, as they are "looking too much into things", the most logical conclusion is that Ridley is a hazard. This is something I myself believed about the people analizing the Phantom picture who thought it was her new Down B. Some did saw how the Phantom was way too detailed to be an AT, it didn't even look "toony" like its PH counterpart, and others pointed out how unfair is to play with characters with "one less special move" and would gladily accept Sheik and Zelda being separated. They were right. The people who took the logical explanation as the real one, or the ones that used other images/facts to counter the theory fell for the trap.

A common counter to the Zero Suit Samus troll is that it only lasted a few seconds and its nothing like this months long hazard tease. But what about this though? This troll spoiler has been going on for months, people didn't know if Sheik was getting cut or not because of the Phantom, and even now we still don't know just how much this mechanic removal affects the other two remaining pokemons, or even the Trainer itself. While ridley has been "hinted" as being a Pyrosphere hazard since the stage's reveal, we still know nothing about it because we haven't got a good look at what it actually does.

What about Sakurai only teasing NPCs? We have seen him tease Xerneas before, but he didn't do anything like this for playable characters, wether new or veterans, we don't get any mention of them until they get revealed. Not only this is already false by things like the Boxing Ring or the Halberd stages, but the Phantom tease also can be applied to this. Everybody knows Zelda's Down B is transforming to Sheik, but the image put that into question. We were staring at a major character change, that extended to other unrevealed figthers too, yet it was still a surprise to most when it was actually confirmed.

And what about the "unfinished hazard" theory? Sakurai doesn't seem to have a problem revealing rough/unfinished material, as the Phantom Slash proves. The energy arch doesn't even follow the sword's motion. If that was in the retail game it would look really lazy, but it was a work in progress, and the latest build shows it looks much better now. Even if Ridley wasn't fully finalized, that fact wouldn't have stopped Sakurai from showing him either on a direct or a PotD.

Does this post helps Ridley's chances?

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. But I think that, even if he does end up being a hazard, what I get form this is that people will still have had every reason to look more into things, lest we actually had a reveal right under our noses but never noticed it, because it was easier to just accept the more obvious explanation.
Personaly, Im not as optimistic as some are here, but man, I hope the outcome is as good as the Phantom tease.

Too Big/Didn't Rid version:

What happened?
* Zelda was revealed on December 26th and her profile page was updated with brand new pictures, one of them contained a Phantom.
* No info or context was given to that image, and for almost 5 months we were in the dark as to what it meant.
* People analized it and found interesting things, that could mean that Zelda may had gotten a new Down B.
* Other pictures were used as counter points, and many just asumed it was an AT since it was more likely.

Realisations after the April direct:
* The Phanton Slash reveal still comes of as a surprise to many as it wasn't an obvious outcome.
* The image itself didn't make it obvious that the Phantom was coming out of Zelda, as it lacks many visual effects, either for honest reasons (unfinished) or for extra missleading.
* The image was purposedly used to tease Sheik's fate using the old build, the more recent version wouldn't have worked. The other released pictures may have actually been used to cover this spoiler.

Possible implications:
* Sakurai can indeed tease and troll with unrevealed playable characters for an extended amount of time.
* These teases and trolls can actually be elaborated and deceiving, with "evidence" pointing to a different answer.
* Sakurai isn't concerned about showing unfinished material, as the teaser was quite rough.
* The people who looked more into the image were able to figure (partly) the surprise.

Can this apply to Ridley?
*We'll see ;)

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Yeah I like Metroid Fusion the most simply because speedrunning it is much more fun than Super Metroid. Also it had the best atmosphere, great polished graphics and SA-X was amazing - and I pulled a 2% run hooray!! (Nightmare was literally the hardest boss ever without Missiles!!!!)
Super Metroid is - to be honest - boring. I actually regret buying it on Virtual Console on Wii U. Although now I played every Metroid games except Prime 3, Other M and Metroid II

I'm a huge fan of the Atelier series.
[...]
Here are some of my favorite soundtracks from the Atelier series:
Is it bad that I know most of this soundtrack from a Youtuber who makes Yu-Gi-Oh Videos?

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hello fellow Ridley smashers! Since his "deconfirmation" in april, Ive been looking at many of the discussions on the webs.... And most are so basic and boring. Only here Ive seen things like Ridley's shadow not being as large as it seems, and plentiful of other better points than Ive seen elsewhere. Ive been lurking this thread since quite awhile, but I got finally compelled to join here now, so I hope there is space for a late pirate :b:.

Im going to start with a rather big post, so I hope it can actually contribute to the discussions, here and elsewhere.

Something I noticed from looking at the larger gaming sites (gaf, miiverse, gfaqs, youtube) is that the arguments are so poor, for both contrarians and supporters, which is something that drives me nuts. One particular point I may have seen, is consistently forgotten by pretty much everybody, even here Ive not seen it brought into attention. Its not directly related to Ridley thought, probably thats why :p.

Ive been thinking about this for a few days already, and its a long read. If anyone feels my post is a little too large just skip to the second spoiler.

It may seem more fitting for another topic, but I want to talk about another one of Sakurai's antics. One that managed to fool many. If Ridley is the man's number one troll, this one has to be the top second:

On December 26th, Sakurai confirmed Zelda as a returning character. Her profile was also updated on the official page with a couple of new images. One of them stood out among the rest.

This image generated a lot of speculation, "Is it an Assist Trophy? A new move for Zelda? Is Sheik gettin cut???". For months there was no new information about this image, and since it wasnt revealed in a PotD post, it had no context to work with. Other pics with Zelda were shown, confirming she still had her Up and Side B moves, and there was another profile picture where Zelda has the same pose but there is no Phantom. Some people thought this actually was Zelda's Down B, replacing sheik's transformation, but it wasn't the most popular opinion. It didn't make much sense.
Zelda changing to Sheik has been her main gimmick since she was introduced in Melee, taking that away seemed more like something the "no-fun-allowed Project M guys" would do. Moreso, there were some pictures where Zelda is striking weird poses, that looked like her transform animation. It was more logical that this was just a conveniently placed AT or replacing another of her specials (like Nayru's Love since it was never shown).

Four and a half months later, the April direct released the megaton: The transformation mechanic had been removed entirely from the game. The "Phantom Slash" was indeed Zelda's new Down B, and Sheik was promoted to "full" playable character.

So what about this?

Its easy to figure it out now in hindsight, but back then it wasn't obvious. With this picture Sakurai was spoiling a major game changing feature, that affected not just Zelda and Sheik, ZSS and PT's pokes as well, but for months many didn't think about it and shruged off arguments pointing out oddities in the picture. People looking too much into things perhaps?

There is another detail about the picture that I'd like to point out: The only visual effect in the image is the slash attack.

This is how the Phantom Slash looks like in more recent pictures:

The move has many more visual effects than in the original one, Zelda and the Phantom have purple energy emanating from them, and both characters leave wind trails in their motions. Now look at this picture again. There is absolutely no doubt that the Phantom is coming out of Zelda.

None of those visual cues are in the older picture. It is obvious that the move had an aesthetical upgrade since its december spoil, as the slash trail has a different color and actually follows the sword trajectory. Now, what if the image in the profile picture was choosen for this reason? With the second one, its clear that the Phantom is a part of Zelda's moveset somehow, but with the original one there is more room for doubt. Even if the older build had more effects, it wouldn't be too hard to remove them with the debug menu. I believe that the profile pic wasn't a screw up either. I think it was deliberately made to spoil the move without making it so obvious, why release it alongside another picture with Zelda making the same pose but with no sight of the Phantom then?

Even using the more recent builds, without context, its not exactly clear what is happening there. If Sakurai had explained what was going on, people could have figured out not just the Zelda/Sheik change, but perhaps ZSS' and Charizard's promotion as well ("So why are we having Sheik becoming a separated character all of a sudden?")

However that didn't happen, and for months, Sakurai was able to keep this stealth spoiler unnoticed for most people, because the more logical explanation was easy to believe, other characters have items and stuff in their profiles too (Zero Suit Samus does not burst into flames and grows bunny ears as part of her reworked moveset ;)). The fact that there were other images that disproved this idea made it even harder to entertain.

If you want to hide something from someone, just put it right in front of them.

So how does this relate to Ridley?

Let me point out right now that Im not claiming that this sneaky spoiler is a similar situation to this 10 month-long Ridley tease. They are not identical or even similar. Sakurai did not show Sheik's shadow after an AT segment, nor did he hinted at Sheik being removed from Zelda's moveset when revealing her last year.

That said, I find some useful points of comparison here and there.

Many dismiss Ridley fans looking into ways to interpret Sakurai's words, as they are "looking too much into things", the most logical conclusion is that Ridley is a hazard. This is something I myself believed about the people analizing the Phantom picture who thought it was her new Down B. Some did saw how the Phantom was way too detailed to be an AT, it didn't even look "toony" like its PH counterpart, and others pointed out how unfair is to play with characters with "one less special move" and would gladily accept Sheik and Zelda being separated. They were right. The people who took the logical explanation as the real one, or the ones that used other images/facts to counter the theory fell for the trap.

A common counter to the Zero Suit Samus troll is that it only lasted a few seconds and its nothing like this months long hazard tease. But what about this though? This troll spoiler has been going on for months, people didn't know if Sheik was getting cut or not because of the Phantom, and even now we still don't know just how much this mechanic removal affects the other two remaining pokemons, or even the Trainer itself. While ridley has been "hinted" as being a Pyrosphere hazard since the stage's reveal, we still know nothing about it because we haven't got a good look at what it actually does.

What about Sakurai only teasing NPCs? We have seen him tease Xerneas before, but he didn't do anything like this for playable characters, wether new or veterans, we don't get any mention of them until they get revealed. Not only this is already false by things like the Boxing Ring or the Halberd stages, but the Phantom tease also can be applied to this. Everybody knows Zelda's Down B is transforming to Sheik, but the image put that into question. We were staring at a major character change, that extended to other unrevealed figthers too, yet it was still a surprise to most when it was actually confirmed.

And what about the "unfinished hazard" theory? Sakurai doesn't seem to have a problem revealing rough/unfinished material, as the Phantom Slash proves. The energy arch doesn't even follow the sword's motion. If that was in the retail game it would look really lazy, but it was a work in progress, and the latest build shows it looks much better now. Even if Ridley wasn't fully finalized, that fact wouldn't have stopped Sakurai from showing him either on a direct or a PotD.

Does this post helps Ridley's chances?

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. But I think that, even if he does end up being a hazard, whay I get form this is that people will still have had every reason to look more into things, lest we actually had a reveal right under our noses but never noticed it, because it was easier to just accept the more obvious explanation.
Personaly, Im not as optimistic as some are here, but man, I hope the outcome is as good as the Phantom tease.

Too Big/Didn't Rid version:

What happened?
* Zelda was revealed on December 26th and her profile page was updated with brand new pictures, one of them contained a Phantom.
* No info or context was given to that image, and for almost 5 months we were in the dark as to what it meant.
* People analized it and found interesting things, that could mean that Zelda may had gotten a new Down B.
* Other pictures were used as counter points, and many just asumed it was an AT since it was more likely.

Realisations after the April direct:
* The Phanton Slash reveal still comes of as a surprise to many as it wasn't an obvious outcome.
* The image itself didn't make it obvious that the Phantom was coming out of Zelda, as it lacks many visual effects, either for honest reasons (unfinished) or for extra missleading.
* The image was purposedly used to tease Sheik's fate using the old build, the more recent version wouldn't have worked. The other released pictures may have actually been used to cover this spoiler.

Possible implications:
* Sakurai can indeed tease and troll with unrevealed playable characters for an extended amount of time.
* These teases and trolls can actually be elaborated and deceiving, with "evidence" pointing to a different answer.
* Sakurai isn't concerned about showing unfinished material, as the teaser was quite rough.
* The people who looked more into the image were able to figure (partly) the surprise.

Can this apply to Ridley?
*We'll see ;)
yea it helps

and from earlier ridley is likely unfinished, (the body is ready,) but not the movement/moveset.
To help this theory, from a Charizard gif of his flapping, (ssb4) and the the shadow footage, Charizards flapping is clearner than ridleys, and ridleys flapping does not look like the boss versions of himself in brawl.

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
yea it helps

and from earlier ridley is likely unfinished, (the body is ready,) but not the movement/moveset.
To help this theory, from a Charizard gif of his flapping, (ssb4) and the the shadow footage, Charizards flapping is clearner than ridleys, and ridleys flapping does not look like the boss versions of himself in brawl.
I don't think so. At this point in development he should be very close to done or just done by now if he was a boss. I also don't think Charizard and Ridley would have the same flying animation either cuz there wings and body type are completely different. I mean we can't say if the moveset is done yet cause he did nothing in the shadow footage but possible grab Pikachu and do nothing with him which is suspicious in itself.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don't think so. At this point in development he should be very close to done or just done by now if he was a boss. I also don't think Charizard and Ridley would have the same flying animation either cuz there wings and body type are completely different. I mean we can't say if the moveset is done yet cause he did nothing in the shadow footage but possible grab Pikachu and do nothing with him which is suspicious in itself.
OK.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
I am making a small fan-fiction about Ridley....I will post it soon when I am not busy with college...

This will play in my head when Ridley is announced in E3 as a playable character
Listen closely....you might hear the choir chanting "Ridley"

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
O2A571_0D81AD3243098_000.gif

I'm bored again...so I did this "little" doodle on flipnote...

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Well you helped the odds of that being a landing thing and not a crouch, both of charizards hands are on the ground on those 2 pictures but not this one nor the other
Yeah its like that for all his pics. Does anyone have a copy of Brawl so we can check if the glide landing animation is slightly different then his fall down on stomach animation? I want picture proof. xD

D

Deleted member

Went on a trip with my family aand lost page 666 :c
Thanks for DDD87 for bringing something that isn't related to shadows.
In the meantime, I could think about what Sakurai is trying to do, which leads to 3 possible outcomes(and their counter-arguments):
1- Sakurai is trying to hype a semi-playable Ridley=new concept/Counter: Stage bosses are a new concept, but he necer hid from us that Dark Emeperor and Yellow Devil existed, besides, he could have just shown Ridley and making it look as he was AI controlled
2-Sakurai doesn't fully understand what the fans want/Counter: It's clear Sakurai isn't ignorant, if he looked at Western websites and found out that people wanted :4littlemac:, it's literally impossible for him not having noticed Ridley(just look at the SIZE of this thread), Ridley would have been deconfirmed at the Waluigi way if he wasn't playable(he isn't playable)
3-Ridley is indeed playable/Counter: there is none, Sakurai could have deconfirmed Ridley a long time ago, he didn't, which means he is playable, as ddd87 said, Sakurai is hiding the answer just below our noses

After replaying Super Metroid(which will just become relevant to my point), I came to the conclusion that 06/10/14 is going to be the greatest day for the Smash Bros community, the detractors will finally shut up, Youtubers will be confused and the biggest(pun intended) of them will fall.
This theme is just fitting, it will play on our heads when Ridley joins the battle, it will be even greater then when Mega Man was revealed

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
This probably doesn't relate to Ridley (or maybe it could):

Remember this pic? I'm not sure if I'm right or not, but Dedede, Bowser and Donkey Kong look like they've been scaled up for SSB4 (they're much bigger than in SSBB).

That, or Mario has been scaled... down...? ._.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
This probably doesn't relate to Ridley (or maybe it could):

Remember this pic? I'm not sure if I'm right or not, but Dedede, Bowser and Donkey Kong look like they've been scaled up for SSB4 (they're much bigger than in SSBB).

That, or Mario has been scaled... down...? ._.
King Dedede for sure looks bigger, Bowser is abit taller, and idk about DK but his head is as big as Mario lol.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah its like that for all his pics. Does anyone have a copy of Brawl so we can check if the glide landing animation is slightly different then his fall down on stomach animation? I want picture proof. xD

I do have 2 SD cards

1 for project m.

And the other for custom stages and pictures.

So maybe monday i can get a charizard landing animation.

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Sad thing is I did take some pictures of charizard glide landing and hurt on the ground pose but I just can't convert the files from .bin to .jpg because all the ssbb snapshots converters links doesn't work for some reason -_-

I could try to take some pics with my 3DS but the quality is going to be horrible, would that be alright ?

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Sad thing is I did take some pictures of charizard glide landing and hurt on the ground pose but I just can't convert the files from .bin to .jpg because all the ssbb snapshots converters links doesn't work for some reason -_-

I could try to take some pics with my 3DS but the quality is going to be horrible, would that be alright ?
Sure its just this picture....Charizard looks way too happy to his hurt ground pose. xD He is like "Hehe I just knocked on my ***."

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Charizard after landing :

After being send to the ground by Mario :

Ok thank you they look to be the same. Guess we still don't know if gliding is completely gone or still in then.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I went on Gamfaqs to see what they had to say about Ridley.

The results were nothing less than genius.

image.jpg

Yeah.
That last one is definitely not a 10 year-old.

Top Bottom