• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
Are there any notable background elements taking out of any of the other FD versions of stages?

I'm sure they do but bosses are not the same. Bosses are way more planned and will look much better just like in Brawl.
The bridge and tent of Gerudo Valley, mostly because the entire layout of the stage changes. It goes from being a "canyon" to being a floating platform. Wily's Castle, Mario Galaxy, and Battlefield all seem to have their backgrounds intact.

D

Deleted member

Seriously Ridley gets so much hate but i dunno about other threads but it seems like every Week! Atleast 1 non believer/Lurker gets baptised and converted to Ridleyanity and thus is born a Fellow space pirate.

How many times have i seen someone

* Join Smash Boards
* Come to this thread and post there first post

And im not even a veteran here on these boards

RealTalk its like supporting Ridley really means more than supporting any other character it is indeed a dream*

For anyone who had played metroid and seen Ridley hacks and can picture him being playable how he would move
how he would terrorize the smash cast how badly i just wanna rip people to shreds with him i picture and en-vision this every damn day.....

It will indeed be a dream come true thank you all for supporting Ridley and reguardless of what happens if worse is true what will always be great and cant be deconfirmed is our love for Ridley and all the time we have spent in this thread.

All the jokes
All the insane fan art thank you guys
The romantic stories of Ridley X Rosalina thank you Winged Snarget? (still hoping for part2*cough*

To the Radleys to the Rastalys to the Metroid Cant crawl to everything thank you all and i look forward to playing you all online Smash 3DS & WiiU

The only thing thats truly gonna be too BiG is my friends list on those games because its gonna be filled with you guys

And thats RealTalk so you know i mean it.

'xD'

Below is a picture

Entitled
''The Dream''

View attachment 13957
That's me! Except I was converted before joining these boards.
This is it! Once the 3DS version is released, we shall make: All Items. Ridley only. Pyrosphere. It shall be glorious!
Btw, for the guests that lurk in the shadows, come and join us!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Seriously Ridley gets so much hate but i dunno about other threads but it seems like every Week! Atleast 1 non believer/Lurker gets baptised and converted to Ridleyanity and thus is born a Fellow space pirate.

How many times have i seen someone

* Join Smash Boards
* Come to this thread and post there first post

And im not even a veteran here on these boards

RealTalk its like supporting Ridley really means more than supporting any other character it is indeed a dream*

For anyone who had played metroid and seen Ridley hacks and can picture him being playable how he would move
how he would terrorize the smash cast how badly i just wanna rip people to shreds with him i picture and en-vision this every damn day.....

It will indeed be a dream come true thank you all for supporting Ridley and reguardless of what happens if worse is true what will always be great and cant be deconfirmed is our love for Ridley and all the time we have spent in this thread.

All the jokes
All the insane fan art thank you guys
The romantic stories of Ridley X Rosalina thank you Winged Snarget? (still hoping for part2*cough*

To the Radleys to the Rastalys to the Metroid Cant crawl to everything thank you all and i look forward to playing you all online Smash 3DS & WiiU

The only thing thats truly gonna be too BiG is my friends list on those games because its gonna be filled with you guys

And thats RealTalk so you know i mean it.

'xD'

Below is a picture

Entitled
''The Dream''

View attachment 13957
You should actually thank Andrea for those stories. Her art was what inspired me to write them. :chuckle:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I know you guys are aware of the Bigley meme on Miiverse right? I mean its just exploded right now, you can go 2 posts without seeing it. The English side has been storming the Japanese side as well and they are biting.

Bigley is a crudely drawn Ridley named after him being "too big" honestly. Ridley fans and haters are joining in on the fun. Honestly everyone here with Miiverse should get on Miiverse and capitalize on it. It's almost like the whole Miiverse is calling out for a playable Ridley. It's all jokes not intended for that but it looks like he is overwhelmingly popular right now.

We need to get on the English and Japanese side letting people unaware know that Ridley = Bigley and we want him playable. There is no way Sakurai and others at Nintendo don't see the massive amount of Bigley posts happening now.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Greetings fellow Space Pirates. I am new to Smash Boards, and thus new to this thread (signed up today). However, I have been following the Ridley thread for quite a while now (my first mistake was typing an error in my profile, so I need the admin to fix it D: ). I'm a massive fan of Ridley, and visit another forum that's full of TooBigots (I'm the only Ridley supporter there...), so I wanted to visit a place where there's Ridley support. Whilst I was shocked at that footage in the Direct, after looking at this place and doing some research of my own, I have become more positive in the possibility of a playable Ridley status (though not ruling anything out). I hope I can stay here, and I hope that E3 brings good news to us.
Hello there and welcome to die pie Carnelia Corneria this thread and have a good time with us. Stay here as long as you want and as long as you can...what else can i say...oh, right - we can get off-topic quickly and we post a lot of good fan art when bored...
@ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 you killed it. I think those posts won the war against the toobigots. When Ridley is confirmed, someone should make a picture of ROB riding Ridley in remembrance of your post.
I will make 3d version of it and maybe animation instead unless AndreaAC, Angelglory or someone who wants to do that will draw it before me.
Atleast 1 non believer/Lurker gets baptised and converted to Ridleyanity and thus is born a Fellow space pirate.
Soon...EVERYONE WILL BOW TO HIS WILL AND PRAISE OR GREAT AND GLORIOUS LEADER, RIDLEY! Those who still think he is too big will shiver and tremple in fear before the might of our leader and accept their fates and finally realize that they were wrong...soon...everyone will bow before him...soon...everyone will be corrupted...soon...everyone will support Ridley...you will see...remember this words...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You know, just a thought I had... What kind of impact would Ridley, if he is playable, have on the Sal leak? That would be one more character that wasn't leaked, so I imagine it would be at least something against it.

Morbi

Scavenger
You know, just a thought I had... What kind of impact would Ridley, if he is playable, have on the Sal leak? That would be one more character that wasn't leaked, so I imagine it would be at least something against it.
Not necessarily, the supporters of the leak would assert that it wasn't a finalized list. So unless Sal leaked Ridley as a stage-hazard, his inclusion wouldn't have a feasible correlation to the leak.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Here's some food for thought. Starting with Rosalina, each character has gotten a title for themselves in the official Nintendo youtube videos for each newcomer. Rosalina has "Comet Observatory" (generic I know), Little Mac has "Champion of the Ring", and Greninja has "Challenger from the Shadows".

What would Ridley have? I would like to see "Cunning God of Death", but they would probably choose something else.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The fanatics would still believe it. I also don't think Sal claimed that that was all of the newcomers. It is a well designed leak, as only an outright deconfirmation would hurt it.

(Though, Sal could easily "leak" again before E3)

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Here's some food for thought. Starting with Rosalina, each character has gotten a title for themselves in the official Nintendo youtube videos for each newcomer. Rosalina has "Comet Observatory" (generic I know), Little Mac has "Champion of the Ring", and Greninja has "Challenger from the Shadows".

What would Ridley have? I would like to see "Cunning God of Death", but they would probably choose something else.
How about "Post-traumatic stress disorder?"

Morbi

Scavenger

Would it not be enough if his title was: GIANT PURPLE ALIEN SPACE DRAGON THAT IS REALLY MORE LIKE A PTERODACTYL!

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

"Terror of the Sky" or something like that I'm sure they will use.

D

Deleted member

Tbh, would love to be Cunning God of Death, but apparently, Nintendo hates God... and death(I don't even know how someone allowed this title)
Something like "God of the Skies" for everyoe think it's Palutena :awesome:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Would it not be enough if his title was: GIANT PURPLE ALIEN SPACE DRAGON THAT IS REALLY MORE LIKE A PTERODACTYL!
PTEROSAURUS! Not PTERODACTYL! But that doesn`t makes him less cool.
"FRIGGIN` SPACE PIRATE DRAGON" would be nice.
Tbh, would love to be Cunning God of Death, but apparently, Nintendo hates God... and death(I don't even know how someone allowed this title)
Just count how many times word "DIE" is said in CD-I games and Samus vomits on-screen in Metroid Prime 3. And Ridley had his throat bleading/blood leaking out of his mouth at the end of his first MP3 fight, so, they don`t care about that as much as they did before.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
PTEROSAURUS! Not PTERODACTYL! But that doesn`t makes him less cool.
"FRIGGIN` SPACE PIRATE DRAGON" would be nice.
I am not up to par on my Dinosaurs.

The Demi-God of Eternity!

There, you don't touch on religion or death!

Morbi

Scavenger
PTEROSAURS AREN`T DINOSAURS. THEY ARE EXTINCT FLYING REPTILES. This is a common mistake, just like in case of such reptiles as plesiosaurs.
Well, I am certainly not up to par on my extinct flying reptiles if I am not up to par on Dinosaurs. The "saur" suffix is very misleading to us common folk.

Xhampi

Smash Lord

The galaxy's biggest threat ?

Greninja's "Challenger from the shadows" would have fit Ridley pretty well tough =p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, I am certainly not up to par on my extinct flying reptiles if I am not up to par on Dinosaurs. The "saur" suffix is very misleading to us common folk.
Right. Im just kinda nerdy then...
It will at least make more-or-less sane peoples doubt it a little bit more. Those who are sane doesn`t believe in leaks even if they are good.
If Nintendo wasn't a family friendly
...I kinda doubt that they are entirely family friendly - most known examples being Crocomire`s death and Hell Valley something from Mario Galaxy (maybe not this one...i don`t know). But they at least try to be as family friendly as possible.

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I think the most compelling reasons for him being in the game are his movements in the direct and the fact that Sakurai hasn't disconfirmed him yet.

This is coming from a person who hasn't analyzed this debate heavily. It's simply my conclusion from a surface level look at things.

And even from that perspective, the whole "he's too big" argument is stupid.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Not necessarily, the supporters of the leak would assert that it wasn't a finalized list. So unless Sal leaked Ridley as a stage-hazard, his inclusion wouldn't have a feasible correlation to the leak.
What would happen if hours before E3 Sal pops in gives us another list with Ridley on it.....

I think just that happening will crash smashboards LmAo.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I don't believe in the leaks.

I'm more confident about Ridley chances now. The E3 will be the time for the truth.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
@ Dark Phazon Dark Phazon It's great that I'm able to talk with people who equally share the same interest in Ridley. Others I talk to just dismiss him or use the overly used meme and can't be civil in an argument. I think I started liking Ridley when I first got Metroid Prime (had it for Christmas '03 I think), Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion back in 2003/2004 (bought both these together in a GAME store). His battles, his history with Samus, his designs, his darn awesome theme, it's too difficult to not like the Space Pirate leader.

I dunno, what about the lighting around the walls? Is it significantly brighter to imply the lava's presence?

Fire up the Firey Jeff for boss-hazard analysis!
I think in the Other M battle, the walls do seem brighter to, as you said, to imply the lava's presence. However, I'm not sure if people managed to notice, but during the part with Ridley in the direct, the walls seem to brighten momentarily and then dull back, which to me implied lava getting closer and then going back down again. It probably wasn't, but eh, it doesn't hurt to speculate. Plus the Pyrosphere stage in SSB4 seems much brighter in comparison to the original Geothermal Power Plant (GPP). The GPP room is much darker, probably because brighter colours are used for SSB4'S Pyrosphere, so the brighter walls are more noticeable for the GPP in Other M.

Hello there and welcome to die pie Carnelia Corneria this thread and have a good time with us. Stay here as long as you want and as long as you can...what else can i say...oh, right - we can get off-topic quickly and we post a lot of good fan art when bored...
That's okay, I like drawing anyway. The other day I designed a Samus t-shirt and uploaded it to Redbubble. There's also a throw pillow for the design \o/

Thanks everyone for being welcoming, hopefully I'll stay for a while. I'm counting down the days 'til E3: only 29 days to go, and only 20 Pic of the Day updates to go.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
fans are requesting Ridley, but have u ever thought about maybe Sakurai did actually try to make him a playable character? and maybe it just didn't work out at all. Maybe. If Ridley isn't a playable character that is.
If this were the case I would actually respect it (at least more than the beating around the bush tactics over Ridley's status), but with developer pride and stuff on the line I doubt he'd have the balls to admit he couldn't make him work out.

And welcome Zem-raj, enjoy your stay.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Ridley 'not working out' is not a valid excuse. Why? Because we have MewTwo, Charzard, Bowser, Ivysaur, Metaknight, etc….all characters that could easily be drawn from in terms of move set in order to make Ridley.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ridley 'not working out' is not a valid excuse. Why? Because we have MewTwo, Charzard, Bowser, Ivysaur, Metaknight, etc….all characters that could easily be drawn from in terms of move set in order to make Ridley.
Ridley "not working out" is not a valid excuse because it is a subjective notion without any evidence to support it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Personally, I don't believe in the leaks.

I'm more confident about Ridley chances now. The E3 will be the time for the truth.
Yep

And from what i said

Don't take the bait of deconfirmed if they show ridley as a boss if sakurai saids nothing about ridley is not playable

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I will make 3d version of it and maybe animation instead unless AndreaAC, Angelglory or someone who wants to do that will draw it before me.
Please do it, I'm way too tired (the freaking school drained my inspiration and energy...) to draw poor Rids...and 3D is awesome...

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I was just speaking with my sister about alternate costume possibilities for Ridley; however, we are not necessarily Metroid fans. So what are the possibilities aside from the ever so obvious Meta-Ridley?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I was just speaking with my sister about alternate costume possibilities for Ridley; however, we are not necessarily Metroid fans. So what are the possibilities aside from the ever so obvious Meta-Ridley?
Im fine if one of those alternate costumes looks just like Brawl/SM Ridley...also I like Meta....and Omega...with a trophy will be enough, since it has too many details to be an alternate costume i think...

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh thats easy

Its a no brainer we are getting other m ridley

I think ridley could be the only playable character with 2 alternate costumes

Super metroid ridley and meta ridley (from metroid prime)

Omega could be final smash but this is only if were right one sakurai changing the other m design a little. It can could be his mode from other m of being projectile proof and adding knockback proof more power and infinity flight (if theres a temporary one in his specials)

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Red costume: Super Ridley

Blue costume: Neo-Ridley/Ridley-X

Green costume: Zero Mission Ridley

White costume: Ridley Robot (completed)

Black costume: Armored Ridley (Other M)/Super Metroid RIdley

Top Bottom