• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
It really is, you should have seen their reactions to the direct (the one line was something rubbish like "Too Bigot for life"). Some of them are even wanting the one-hit hunters playable rather than Ridley (because they "work"), and are annoyed that Dark Samus is an A.T. and not playable. It's frustrating being the only supporter in that place full of idiot detractors that won't listen to what I have to say...

Enough about that anyway. I like drawing, and really liked some of the drawings that I saw posted here. Maybe I'll give it a shot at some point :3
It's like listening to a room full of 20 parrots squawking the same arguments over and over. It hurts...

Anyways, sounds great! The more art, the merrier.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You know, I'd be fine with Ridley being disconfirmed if the detractors weren't as big of jerks about it. No one went to Dillon's thread to go mock people(that I know of), and no one made fun of, say, Waluigi or Ashley supporters. Why exactly is Ridley any different? I want Ridley confirmed for the only purpose(aside from being an awesome character) is just to see the detractors proven wrong. The dream is alive...for now.
I made fun of both Waluigi and Ashley supporters, but only in real life. And the Ashley supporter was already a special kind of creepy.

What were we talking about again?

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Notice the floating ember things during the Vorash battle. You're really close to the lava.

However, I do not see any of those floating ember things during the Ridley battle. The lava is way, way, waaaaayyyyy far down underneath.

Yet during the direct, you can see them in the background, and perhaps some steam?

"Oh but there's lava at the bottom, they can still float up to the stage right?"

But in the part with the Pyrosphere FD in the direct (10:32), I don't see any floating embers. Weird that there aren't any when there's no pouring lava huh?

This is probably nothing, but it's something I noticed anyway, and thought I should share it.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Notice the floating ember things during the Vorash battle. You're really close to the lava.

However, I do not see any of those floating ember things during the Ridley battle. The lava is way, way, waaaaayyyyy far down underneath.

Yet during the direct, you can see them in the background, and perhaps some steam?

"Oh but there's lava at the bottom, they can still float up to the stage right?"

But in the part with the Pyrosphere FD in the direct, I don't see any floating embers. Weird that there aren't any when there's no pouring lava huh?

This is probably nothing, but it's something I noticed anyway, and thought I should share it.
It's the dream. Vorash would be a cool stage boss, and no one would be upset about it.

NB4 there's a Vorash support thread.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

But in the part with the Pyrosphere FD in the direct (10:32), I don't see any floating embers. Weird that there aren't any when there's no pouring lava huh?

Wow this should be invovled of my 2 post well done man your right in the ridley other m fight theres no ember particals

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just finished Shokio's video explaining that his entire rotting of a younger watching demographic was a trolling attempt and I must say...if he did it to get a reaction from us...what the hell was the point if a majority just took him for a joke? Along with such an avid line of videos showing an almost die-hard hate for the subject...God, the art of trolling has deteriorated far more than I thought.
And this is from the same guy who has a twisted view of what a "true gamer" is and considers Sonic a waste.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman

I dunno, what about the lighting around the walls? Is it significantly brighter to imply the lava's presence?

Fire up the Firey Jeff for boss-hazard analysis!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I just avoid confronting TooBigots altogether. Better to bide my time in the shadows (pun intended) and wait for the opportune moment when our beloved dragon arrives.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Is anyone hoping that, along with Ridley's (possible) reveal at E3, that Nintendo will announce they're making a new Metroid Prime?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The last guy to try the too big argument in a conversation with me left very pissed off. Probably because i burst out laughing in his face. It was one of those jerks you meet at a game store who asks you stuff for no reason and then get mad when you give them a legitimate answer that they don't like. So they act really rude.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The last guy to try the too big argument in a conversation with me left very pissed off. Probably because i burst out laughing in his face. It was one of those jerks you meet at a game store who asks you stuff for no reason and then get mad when you give them a legitimate answer that they don't like. So they act really rude.
Hehehe show taht person my shadow sizes in a post i made on page 637 that will shut that users mouth

Rosalinas shadow on the pyrosphere is almost exactly as tall as ridleys

Oh by the way foe everyone

Remember about ridley is jerking not like a boss

It hit me

Does the assist trophys and pokeball pokemon and stage elements (that have motions) do they jerk?

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
why the hell my top 3 most wanted newcomers have a lot of people who hate them ?
Ridley .... Waluigi .... Mii ..........

btw
I think that the lava is the hazard because the FD Pyrosphere has no lava (like the FD Gerudo Valley has no bridge)

majora_787

Smash Hero
why the hell my top 3 most wanted newcomers have a lot of people who hate them ?
Ridley .... Waluigi .... Mii ..........

btw
I think that the lava is the hazard because the FD Pyrosphere has no lava (like the FD Gerudo Valley has no bridge)
Yeah, regardless of if it is the only hazard, the Pyrosphere would have to have some hazard related to the lava. The lava flow is one of the most prominent features of the geothermal power plant. And the entire point is to preserve the atmosphere of the stage while making it into Final Destination. So why remove one of the most prominent features of the stage if it doesn't actually interfere with the fight in any way?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Yeah, regardless of if it is the only hazard, the Pyrosphere would have to have some hazard related to the lava. The lava flow is one of the most prominent features of the geothermal power plant. And the entire point is to preserve the atmosphere of the stage while making it into Final Destination. So why remove one of the most prominent features of the stage if it doesn't actually interfere with the fight in any way?
Who says it has to be the lava itself? It could be something living in it...

Lava Ridley!

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Are there any notable background elements taking out of any of the other FD versions of stages?

Hehehe show taht person my shadow sizes in a post i made on page 637 that will shut that users mouth

Rosalinas shadow on the pyrosphere is almost exactly as tall as ridleys

Oh by the way foe everyone

Remember about ridley is jerking not like a boss

It hit me

Does the assist trophys and pokeball pokemon and stage elements (that have motions) do they jerk?
I'm sure they do but bosses are not the same. Bosses are way more planned and will look much better just like in Brawl.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
What? Why Metroid Prime when we can have a sequel for the masterpiece that Other M is :troll:
Let's be honest, if that rumored 3DS Metroid game was a different team trying to atone for Other M by giving it a much superior sequel, we would probably be on board with it.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
More taunting salt-rubbing from stupid page admins who think the Ridley meme is the most hilarious thing on the face of the planet?
Question:

If K.Rool is playable what is the chance he will have his original DKC Trilogy look or Melee trophy look?

Golden chest/Red Cape/Bloodshot eye is essential imo.

Sorry i just reallt despise the super slugger look its worse than Roidley by far........

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Let's be honest, if that rumored 3DS Metroid game was a different team trying to atone for Other M by giving it a much superior sequel, we would probably be on board with it.
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be the fact of a OM sequel that gets everyone buzzing, but rather instead the team who is behind it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Admittedly, RIdley's Other M design was ok. (Not his best design though.) His full grown form though. NOT his look that came in between Furby and Full grown look though. That thing was stupid.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's hard being a Ridley supporter. You can't even mention him in other character threads around here without being persecuted.
I've never really gotten that in the character discussions around here. Well, maybe a few, but they're only from the people who vocally dislike such and such.

It's mostly trolling that I'm seeing, particularly in the Pic of the Day thread.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Are there any notable background elements taking out of any of the other FD versions of stages?

I'm sure they do but bosses are not the same. Bosses are way more planned and will look much better just like in Brawl.
I was talking about the ones in ssb4 i mean your probably right it just i know yellow devil by default is not jerking at all but i seems to my eyes that the assist trophys and pokeball pokemon are not jerking either

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
While you may be right, I still find it hard to believe that after 15 years of fan requests from around the world, including a very implicit request in an interview from Nintendo Power, that Sakurai believes that we're all extremely excited to see him dumped into a punching bag stage hazard/boss role. If he truly does believes so, then he deserves nothing but scorn and distrust from us.
fans are requesting Ridley, but have u ever thought about maybe Sakurai did actually try to make him a playable character? and maybe it just didn't work out at all. Maybe. If Ridley isn't a playable character that is.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
fans are requesting Ridley, but have u ever thought about maybe Sakurai did actually try to make him a playable character? and maybe it just didn't work out at all. Maybe. If Ridley isn't a playable character that is.
He's made statements that imply that he's never tried before.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
The way I see it, taking your other post into account, if they really legitimately couldn't have done Ridley, they'd have had no reason to continue to dangle the carrot, y'know?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Greetings fellow Space Pirates. I am new to Smash Boards, and thus new to this thread (signed up today). However, I have been following the Ridley thread for quite a while now (my first mistake was typing an error in my profile, so I need the admin to fix it D: ). I'm a massive fan of Ridley, and visit another forum that's full of TooBigots (I'm the only Ridley supporter there...), so I wanted to visit a place where there's Ridley support. Whilst I was shocked at that footage in the Direct, after looking at this place and doing some research of my own, I have become more positive in the possibility of a playable Ridley status (though not ruling anything out). I hope I can stay here, and I hope that E3 brings good news to us.
Seriously Ridley gets so much hate but i dunno about other threads but it seems like every Week! Atleast 1 non believer/Lurker gets baptised and converted to Ridleyanity and thus is born a Fellow space pirate.

How many times have i seen someone

* Join Smash Boards
* Come to this thread and post there first post

And im not even a veteran here on these boards

RealTalk its like supporting Ridley really means more than supporting any other character it is indeed a dream*

For anyone who had played metroid and seen Ridley hacks and can picture him being playable how he would move
how he would terrorize the smash cast how badly i just wanna rip people to shreds with him i picture and en-vision this every damn day.....

It will indeed be a dream come true thank you all for supporting Ridley and reguardless of what happens if worse is true what will always be great and cant be deconfirmed is our love for Ridley and all the time we have spent in this thread.

All the jokes
All the insane fan art thank you guys
The romantic stories of Ridley X Rosalina thank you Winged Snarget? (still hoping for part2*cough*

To the Radleys to the Rastalys to the Metroid Cant crawl to everything thank you all and i look forward to playing you all online Smash 3DS & WiiU

The only thing thats truly gonna be too BiG is my friends list on those games because its gonna be filled with you guys

And thats RealTalk so you know i mean it.

'xD'

Below is a picture

Entitled
''The Dream''

tumblr_n0y0nj9grr1ryfexvo3_1280.png

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
@ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 you killed it. I think those posts won the war against the toobigots. When Ridley is confirmed, someone should make a picture of ROB riding Ridley in remembrance of your post.

Top Bottom