• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Oh no, I just got an idea. Silly Ridley and K. Rool short stories. I have a mixed record writing humor though, so I'm not sure I should try...

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
...Then why you didn`t made Exdeath X Wispy Woods or something like that?

I promise you we will make jokes on the next pages. A lot of them. If we won`t, then you can promptly shoot me.
Because Voidshipping is much more ludicrous.

Its a tree and a naked lady together!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
But then there is something more sane in this one than in shipping a walking tree obsessed with TEH VOID and a living cartoonish tree together. And its an "it", not "she", remember that.
...I never said she.

I said it was a naked lady.

Also, Whispy Woods doesn't have personality, or at least any that I know of that would compliment Exdeath's overacting and general hilarious evil.

(I never watched the anime)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Nah, they cheat on each other with the void.
But it IS TEH VOID, so, only Exdeath can do that and it won`t cou- oh you..!
...I never said she.

I said it was a naked lady.

Also, Whispy Woods doesn't have personality, or at least any that I know of that would compliment Exdeath's overacting and general hilarious evil.
But "lady" basicly means "she" and it is just shaped like that for whatever reasons.

THAT is what makes it better and more ridicolous.

...Wait, there is Kirby anime? Is there any blood spilled while Kirby devours everyone in his sight in a very cruel and painful way?
If Ridley is indeed a boss, I fully expect some Ridley x Yellow Devil shipping.
Why not Ridley X Toad then or Ridley X Waluigi or Ridley X something disconfirmed that was wanted as a playable character more-or-less?

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Seeing as the Yellow Devil is basically a blob of Devilium whose shape is determined by a series of electrical inputs, the Yellow Devil could rival Ditto in endless sexual potential.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To be fair, the Rosalina + Ridley relationship seemed very unorthodox for my tastes. But that's just me, as the way that I've envisioned Rosalina is different.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Dark Samus LOL.

Anyway, which character are you talking about? I think I missed something, you're shipping an evil tree with a naked lady who isn't a lady?
Oh, now i remember.

Just in general. And yes, there is peoples shipping and walking evil tree that became walking and evil after getting yet another legion of demons sealed inside and is obsessed with TEH VOID and a creature that either IS TEH VOID or is very close to it and looks like a lady, but its not a lady and it was confirmed already that she isn`t. Either way, im not supporting this one, im supporting Exdeath X Wispy Woods pairing!..kinda...
Gone for a few hours and this thread has an odd shipping and two bizzare armours dancing some ridiculous songs
Is it your first time visiting this crazy thread? If no, then you should have expected something like that. And you are wrong - one dancing guy in armor and one dancing evil tree with large amount of demons and evil creatures sealed inside.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
My OTP is RidleyxPalutena, although I do understand the appeal between RidleyxRosalina.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh god, what are we doing to this thread...
...thats kinda gross...And i remember that picture that was used somewhere near when Zero Suit Ridley image was posted. At least if it would be Space Pirates Volleyball, then there would be just creepy and gross in few cases creatures tossing metroids to each other, including Ridley and Kraid.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
...thats kinda gross...And i remember that picture that was used somewhere near when Zero Suit Ridley image was posted. At least if it would be Space Pirates Volleyball, then there would be just creepy and gross in few cases creatures tossing metroids to each other, including Ridley and Kraid.
Untitled-4.png

Don't need to derail the thread even more than usual...

(I know it's Andrea's job to do this, but bugger it, I wanted to give it a go)

I'm confused right now..
Welcome to Crazy Town.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
View attachment 13805
Don't need to derail the thread even more than usual...

(I know it's Andrea's job to do this, but bugger it, I wanted to give it a go)

Welcome to Crazy Town.
Thats just nature of this thread - its chaotic, too big and awesome...just like Ridley :seuss:
I will stop derailing for now
can we kill as much as we want and have fun.
Yes. Or you dare to doubt Ridley`s command?

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Zero Mission: See Metroid. The difference being, its the Space Pirates along with Ridley whom are under Mother Brain's command this time. I took the post-Mother Brain segment as the Pirates working to avenge Mother Brain's death and rebuild her.
The post-Tourian portion was more-so foreshadowing the pirates rebuilding Ridley than Mother Brain if anything, if the game's final boss is any indication (Robo Ridley being a sort of prototype to Meta-Ridley with their similarities and all that).

I agree though that Mother Brain's main antagonist-esque of course, for most of the games she appears in at least.

Had Phantoon appeared before MB's death, I'm sure it would have gladly served her once again.

Also, it would make no sense for Phantoon to appear beforehand, as it only haunts ghost ships.
How do you even know that the Phantoon in Other M is the same one as in Super Metroid? But yeah, as a species it tends to feed off the energies of abandoned ships.

Captain N... stuff of nightmares that show was, I tell ya.
And I've seen people (be it online or real life) with their nostalgia glasses seriously suggest trash like Captain N for Smash Bros too...

I wonder if shipping him with like Rayquaza or Petey was a thing during the Brawl period... Do I even want to know?

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Man I miss Brinstar Depths.

Actually, what DOES Kraid do in the Space Pirates besides hang out in caves and have decoys hanging around?

Mother Brain is in charge of organization and acts as leader of the Space Pirates until otherwise incapacitated, Ridley is in charge of military operations and commands the Space Pirates when Mama Brain isn't around...what does Kraid do?

And how did they get him in that cave in the first place?

I'm sure the hybrid design is there so that the default costume will be at least tolerable to look at. Sakurai has had two years of listening to fan complaints and looking over the design of Other M Ridley to refine it to something more pleasing, I'm sure.

Besides, we've seen a couple of alternate costumes already. Though the Brawl costume would be easiest to do, I kinda want to see the Zero Mission version, myself.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I only ship characters if I buy little figurines on the internet and have them shipped to me.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
To quote Ridley from the oneshot, what have I done? :crazy:

Though I will admit, Ridley X Rosalina is the only cross species shipping I actually do, and even then @ AndreaAC AndreaAC is the main (if not only) reason I grew to like such an idea in the first place.

Heck, I barely ship to begin with. I think the only other one I did on a serious scale was Zelda X Ike when I started writing stories a couple years ago.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
ok im back and as promised its this

I said earlier I think there are deleted scenes in the shadow footage

I will show it now

ok the shadow is way over there and it looks like its neutral now look at this one

this is 1 frame after

WHOA ok how did he get from the first picture postion to this in less than 1 frame of a second

I think for the part that was missing I think we could have seen ridleys feet or fall to the ground and ruin the alibi of tricking everyone for a boss hazard

here check it
http://gfycat.com/ComfortableIncompatibleAzurewingedmagpie#?frameNum=143

(this one is not just the only one by the way there are a couple more)

(ps yes I know its a overkill theory)

Top Bottom