• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
ok im back and as promised its this

I said earlier I think there are deleted scenes in the shadow footage

I will show it now

ok the shadow is way over there and it looks like its neutral now look at this one

this is 1 frame after

WHOA ok how did he get from the first picture postion to this in less than 1 frame of a second

I think for the part that was missing I think we could have seen ridleys feet or fall to the ground and ruin the alibi of tricking everyone for a boss hazard

here check it
http://gfycat.com/ComfortableIncompatibleAzurewingedmagpie#?frameNum=143

(this one is not just the only one by the way there are a couple more)

(ps yes I know its a overkill theory)
I don't think so. I think its just he is in a gliding position so his legs are behind him. Remember the glide animation and the idle animation don't go into eachother. The transition from idle to glide is teleporting just like playable character movement.

Whats got me most interested from this is the shape of his head! Doesn't look so flat to me like Other M. Actually it doesn't look as long as any Ridley ever....Looks more like Charizards head.

EDIT: Nevermind I read what you were saying wrong lol. You could be right and that could explain why we couldn't see him grab Pikachu. Maybe we can find out if it skipped by looking at the ashes coming down and see if there movement pattern jerked or something.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This thread confuses me. But hey, what about that Ridley guy? He sure would be cool to play as in a fighting game. What with being an angry dragon and all. I'd pay serious cash to have Ridley and Bowser beat each other into a bloody pulp.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The space pirates use hypnosis to sooth Ridley cool.
I had envision that the space pirate would give Ridley a raggedy doll of samus with its arm missing as a way to calm him
xD that was one of the ideas I had actually, but I thought it would happen that he would destroy it...and still angry....

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So how do you guys feel about Ridley using the Space Pirates in his moveset? I don't think he'd need to do so, but it has happened with Dedede. Maybe he gets a swarm of them to attack the field for a Final Smash. Just figure I would throw out that idea again.

But I would prefer it if he had a very air heavy playstyle.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
So how do you guys feel about Ridley using the Space Pirates in his moveset? I don't think he'd need to do so, but it has happened with Dedede. Maybe he gets a swarm of them to attack the field for a Final Smash. Just figure I would throw out that idea again.

The difference is that Dedede by definition is kinda lazy, so it'd make sense for him to use minions to do his bidding. Ridley on the other hand is fully capable of getting things done on his own, so to have him call in troops to do the dirty work for him would be unfitting.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The difference is that Dedede by definition is kinda lazy, so it'd make sense for him to use minions to do his bidding. Ridley on the other hand is fully capable of getting things done on his own, so to have him call in troops to do the dirty work for him would be unfitting.
Yeah, I can see that. But I figured it'd be worth mentioning. Ridley mostly fights on his own anyway. Now that I think of it, some games also show Bowser using him minions for some attacks. Namely Bowser's Inside Story, whenever bowser used a special attack. Not saying I'd want that in his moveset, but I just remembered that game.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Yeah, I can see that. But I figured it'd be worth mentioning. Ridley mostly fights on his own anyway. Now that I think of it, some games also show Bowser using him minions for some attacks. Namely Bowser's Inside Story, whenever bowser used a special attack. Not saying I'd want that in his moveset, but I just remembered that game.
It'd make a better Final Smash for Bowser than what he's already got.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I think Ridley doesn't need space pirates/Zebesians in his moveset ... neither in his final smash
but I'd love to see them as assist trophy/common enemy/4th Metroid playable character

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I miss the speculation days before the Direct, but I'll admit that all the analyzing of Ridley's shadow has brought some interesting things (and hope) to this thread.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don't think so. I think its just he is in a gliding position so his legs are behind him. Remember the glide animation and the idle animation don't go into eachother. The transition from idle to glide is teleporting just like playable character movement.

Whats got me most interested from this is the shape of his head! Doesn't look so flat to me like Other M. Actually it doesn't look as long as any Ridley ever....Looks more like Charizards head.

EDIT: Nevermind I read what you were saying wrong lol. You could be right and that could explain why we couldn't see him grab Pikachu. Maybe we can find out if it skipped by looking at the ashes coming down and see if there movement pattern jerked or something.
Ok that makes sense i mean i figured a tiny bit that my next theory was overkill

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Speaking of Audience's how do you thing RIdley's Cheer would sound like?

Zuba Oki

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I just thought of something if the trophy theory is correct then

Fi = Ganondorf

Pseudo Palutena = Palutena

King KiHunter = Ridley

and here's the kicker

Wonder Red = Bayonetta

What are your thoughts on this guys?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Fi = Ganondorf

King KiHunter = Ridley

and here's the kicker

Wonder Red = Bayonetta

Your forgot tiki for chrom and fat mac for captain rainbow

And as for Bayonetta
http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/sonic.html
And pac-man would like to have a word for her

(Sonic because they are both sega)

(Pac-man because im Sure he will get the 3rd 3rd party spot)

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Fi = Ganondorf

King KiHunter = Ridley

and here's the kicker

Wonder Red = Bayonetta

If you're counting PotD trophies, there's also Saria, Phosphora, Big Mac, and Dillon. :p

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The Fi trophy reveal, if the "foreshadowing future character" theory holds water, could have multiple implications.

Impa, which is unlikely, seeing as her next appearance in ALBW had her be a frail old woman again.

Classic Ganon, which would balance the two Links and Zelda's dual identities, but could be hampered by him appearing in less games as a main antagonist.

Tingle, and while I'm sure everyone and their mother in Japan would love to see him as a playable character, the Smash direct seemed more globally oriented, so also probably unlikely.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This thread confuses me. But hey, what about that Ridley guy? He sure would be cool to play as in a fighting game. What with being an angry dragon and all. I'd pay serious cash to have Ridley and Bowser beat each other into a bloody pulp.
Any fighting game? Then have this:
And this:
First one is currently unfinished, but im working on it. And its just a special mode being used, so, that TEH VOID being used by him won`t make him too bad and far from what he should really do.

I would prever him to have something similar to Regnum Dei that Feral Chaos from Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy uses, but with no swords and attacks similar to Ike`s during his final smash , but with his claws instead of a sword. Kinda like a mix of Link`s and Ike`s final smash.
Only a matter of time before someone draws up the pirate crew jumping around holding pom-poms while Ridley covers his face with embarrassment. :troll:
...ANDREAAC! Where are you?
Speaking of Audience's how do you thing RIdley's Cheer would sound like?
Something like *growlgrowlskreegrowlcracklingnoicesgrowl*! Or "RID-LEY!" in either a bit worried and scared way (because he may dislike the way they say that and slaugher them or just slaugher them just for fun) or in a growling and crackling way (because there is Space Pirates too).
...Now i can imagine Ridley`s line for a win pose:
"Applaudecments (screw this word, i don`t remember how its properly pronounced/written) shall last for one hour. First one to stop will be promptly shot."

Fi = Ganondorf

King KiHunter = Ridley

and here's the kicker

Wonder Red = Bayonetta

First part sounds more-or-less good for Ridley, but last part is highly unlikely since:
1. We already have Sonic, so, other Sega characters are unlikely (she is from Sega, right?).
2. Isn`t she like uses her hair for nearly everything and uses hair that makes her clothes for stronger attacks and is just too much fanservice? Zamus is already way too much.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Fi = Ganondorf

King KiHunter = Ridley

and here's the kicker

Wonder Red = Bayonetta

I think the theory has some merit, considering that Ridley's theme was playing before the King KiHunter was revealed. But where did they get the idea that Wonder Red = Bayonetta? He was revealed way after the Direct, so it couldn't have had any effect on the theory itself being credible.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
...Ganon has appeared more than Ganondorf by a longshot.
I'm not doubting that, but Ganon and Ganondorf have kinda fallen by the wayside in recent times.

And when they DID reintroduce Ganon, he was immediately consumed by Yuga.

Top Bottom