• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Forget what I said here....I don't know what I'm saying...Ridley stuff later......

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Let's just get all the Ridley's and make them into a Rap Group

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
There bad karma will come back to them......The purple dragon flies high as a playable character once E3 hits.

....Those jerks just can't be right. They don't deserve it...

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Some have said that Ridley would be the aerial equivalent to Little Mac; fast and dangerous in his element, but sluggish and weak on the ground. I can kind of agree with such a concept, only with Ridley having delayed but powerful hack and slash moves while stage bound, and being a quick combo master in the air complete with deadly finishers. Accompanying both "modes" are fiery projectiles to keep space on both turfs.

If the shadow indicating that he can hover in the air like Peach turns out to be true, then Ridley could potentially have two different styles of play depending on if you are in or out of the air.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Oh hai guys, I'm coming to you guys for help on something. I've been planning on revamping my Ridley moveset and releasing a new video on it, but I was thinking of branching out to the opinions of others for this situation considering two minds are better than one, or in this case, 2-35 minds. So, I must ask...what would you want to see for moves from Ridley? I'll just leave the actual Moveset here for you to think of ideas on, thanks:

Size: 10/10 (Ridley’s size is basically the largest character in the game in terms of overall size, closely followed by Bowser, Rosalina and K.Rool. However, Ridley’s weight is much less than that of Bowser and K.Rool, which acts against him in both single player and multiplayer matches. Ridley isn’t overly light, but he’s much lighter than you’d expect of a character his size.)
Strength: 7.5/10 (Ridley’s strength is definitely above average, but as with his thin frame, Ridley isn’t able to hit as hard as say Bowser and K.Rool. However, while he can’t hit as hard as said heavyweights, Ridley’s combo potential is MUCH higher than theirs, as his gameplay ability, the Dragon flight, makes him quite the combo-strong character. He’s no Meta Knight, but he can hold his own)

Speed: 6/10 (Ridley’s speed varies on how he fights, as he’s quite the sluggish character on the ground while he’s faster in the air. Ridley’s overall range on attacks also varies, as his range can go anywhere from very short to very long, most of the long attacks coming from his tail.)

Recovery: 10/10 (Ridley is a character with a total of four initial jumps and a special recovery that lets you fly around while launching fireballs, which gives him incredible abilities to not only recover, but protect himself from edge guards.)

Uniqueness: 8.5/10 (Ridley’s overall style of play is one not seen in Super Smash Bros, as he’s a character who can connect his attacks into aerial floating abilities and back into more attacks in the air. His overall style of play is inspired by Firebrand’s playstyle of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, in which he can use a lot of airborne abilities to keep up combos, which Ridley can as well.)

Gameplay Ability: Dragon Flight (A float ability that is used by holding up on the analog stick during a jump. This float lasts longer than Peach’s, and is Ridley’s main way of combo attacking. All attacks that have connections to this gameplay ability are marked with a “$” on the end.)

Standard A Combo: Pirate Combo (x3, 14% total, attacks twice with two attacks from his claws and then one from his tail)

Forward + A: Dragon Crunch (Neck reaches forward and bites at the opponent, 14%)

Up + A: Cutter Wings (Strikes upward with his wings, doing a small hop into the air, which can trigger dragon flight, 12%) $

Down + A: Tail poke (Tail reaches around and strikes opponent with its pointed end, then retracts behind Ridley. (10%)

Dash Attack: Talon Pincer (While dashing, Ridley will pull back his body and raise up his feet with his talons out, hitting the opponent away. If you hold the button, you can sometimes even grab the opponent and toss them away at the end of the dash, 8%)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Double Talon Kick (While in the air, Ridley will do a kick with both his legs, 16% total, can connect into Dragon Dash) $

Forward + A: Swooping Beast (Ridley will swoop in a downward arc then back up into the air, now facing the other way, one of the main attacks used with the dragon float ability. 14%) $

Up + A: Wing Gust (Uses the force of his wings to blow wind upward, which creates a wind effect. This attack can connect into Dragon flight. 12% + Air effect) $

Down + A: Fire Breath (Tilts his head down and shoots a blast of fire downwards, can hit opponents for a meteor smash or create a carpet of fire on the ground upon contact, 13%)

Backward + A: Tail Slash (Ridley’s tail will do a slashing motion upward, knocking the opponent up even farther, 14%)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Supernova Breath (With his head tilted down, will launch a large fireball at the ground in front of him, creating a small explosion. 29%)

Up Smash: Dragon Coil (Ridley’s tail will coil around him then shoot straight up, launching the opponent upward. 24%)

Down Smash: Tail Spear (This unique smash attack allows Ridley to hit hard in front of him with minimal range but have long range behind him but lower damage and knockback as his tail swings around his body. 21-24%)

Grab/Throws:
Grab: Grabs the opponent with both hands, holding them in place

Pummel: Bites the opponent (4%)

Front Throw: Like DK’s unique moving throw, will be able to move forward with opponent then toss them away (10%)

Up Throw: Throws the opponent upward then hits them in midair with a fireball (10%)

Down Throw: Steps on his opponent with his talon and cackles (11%)

Backward Throw: Crunches the opponent in the grip of his tail then tosses them away (12%)

Standard Special: Phazon Breath (By holding the B button, will launch out a maximum of four phazon fireballs from his mouth in a stream-like pattern. This attack has three charge stages, the first launching one fireball, the second launching two, and the third launching four. All four fireballs aim towards the ground, causing a small carpet of fire to ignite on the ground once the fireballs hit it. 7% per fireball)

Side Special: Dragon Toss (Ridley will do a small dash grab in front of him, then fly up into the air with his opponent in his talons. At a certain height, Ridley will crunch the opponent in his talons and throw the opponent downward. Ridley is incapable of using Dragon Flight or other special attacks on the way back down to the ground. Cannot continue to jump after attack finishes. 19% total)

Up Special: Space Turbulence (Ridley be able to fly around freely like in his battle in Super Metroid, being able to launch small fireballs from his mouth through the air to protect his ascent. These small fireballs do minimal damage, but can stop edge guards from stopping Ridley’s return. Ridley will not go into a helpless state once the attack finishes, but he will be unable to use special moves on the return to the ground, or the abyss if he doesn’t make it back to the stage. 5% per fireball)

Down Special: Tail Grinder (Ridley will do a small hop into the air and let his tail grind along the ground, causing sparks to go flying. An opponent caught up in this attack will take multiple hits in a row before the final hit knocks them away. Ridley will drop back down to the ground once the attack is used. In the air, this attack will cause Ridley’s tail to spin around his body in one quick succession. 17% total on the ground, 15% in the air)

Final Smash: Omega Ridley (Ridley will tap into the phazon and transform into the ultimate beast of the Space Pirates, Omega Ridley. With Omega Ridley, you get three extra jumps and every attack is increased in power, as well as an increase in overall size. However, the overall speed of Ridley is the exact same. All Attacks x1.5 damage)

Colors:
#1: Purple (Standard Ridley)

#2: Red (Super Metroid Art Ridley)
#3: Black (Metroid Zero Mission Ridley)
#4: Blue (Original Artwork Ridley)

#5: Bright Purple/Green (Original Metroid Ridley)

#6: Meta Ridley (Metroid Prime)

Taunts:
#1: Ridley will raise his head up and roar

#2: Stretches his wings out, extending his claws

#3: Cackles as his tail smacks against the ground

Winners Circle:
#1: Ridley will fly in from the top of the screen and crash onto the floor

#2: Ridley will have the baby Metroid in his grip, taking off and flying off-screen

#3: Ridley will roar as two space pirates drop in with their guns out, posing and aiming around

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
As much as I support Ridley, I think we may be getting a weee bit too optimistic that he will definitely be a playable character. I mean, don't get me wrong, using vague implications is not concrete evidence and people who think Ridley can never be a playable character and act like total jerks to anyone who says different can go burn in the fires of hell politely **** off, but until he's revealed, I don't think we should be 100% confident our beloved space pirate is going to be a playable character.

That being said, his chances are really damn high. What's the point of teasing a stage hazard anyways? I mean, who looks at a stage hazard and is like "Oh man! I'm totally buying this game just for that!"

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
As much as I support Ridley, I think we may be getting a weee bit too optimistic that he will definitely be a playable character. I mean, don't get me wrong, using vague implications is not concrete evidence and people who think Ridley can never be a playable character and act like total jerks to anyone who says different can go burn in the fires of hell politely **** off, but until he's revealed, I don't think we should be 100% confident our beloved space pirate is going to be a playable character.

That being said, his chances are really damn high. What's the point of teasing a stage hazard anyways? I mean, who looks at a stage hazard and is like "Oh man! I'm totally buying this game just for that!"
Agreed. I've tempered my expectations after the Direct, and believe that Sakurai is set on choosing characters not on popularity, but on who has the most potential to be a unique and appealing character to the larger, less vocal community.

It's still nice to think about how great Ridley would be as a playable character, but if you get too ahead of yourself you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Especially if the character is a heavily requested playable character.

"Oh wow! My favorite antagonist from my favorite major Nintendo franchise isn't playable! That's EXACTLY what I wanted from a Nintendo all-stars crossover game! I'll buy TWENTY copies!"

Not quite. Hinting really only makes everything worse here if he isn't playable.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Agreed. I've tempered my expectations after the Direct, and believe that Sakurai is set on choosing characters not on popularity, but on who has the most potential to be a unique and appealing character to the larger, less vocal community.

It's still nice to think about how great Ridley would be as a playable character, but if you get too ahead of yourself you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
Well, I've tempered myself ever since King K. Rool didn't make it into Brawl, so I'm good. The one thing I don't get is why people can't be intelligent about the Ridley argument. Seriously, is it that hard to be a decent human being and not call people delusional/idiots?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Oh hai guys, I'm coming to you guys for help on something. I've been planning on revamping my Ridley moveset and releasing a new video on it, but I was thinking of branching out to the opinions of others for this situation considering two minds are better than one, or in this case, 2-35 minds. So, I must ask...what would you want to see for moves from Ridley? I'll just leave the actual Moveset here for you to think of ideas on, thanks:

Size: 10/10 (Ridley’s size is basically the largest character in the game in terms of overall size, closely followed by Bowser, Rosalina and K.Rool. However, Ridley’s weight is much less than that of Bowser and K.Rool, which acts against him in both single player and multiplayer matches. Ridley isn’t overly light, but he’s much lighter than you’d expect of a character his size.)
Strength: 7.5/10 (Ridley’s strength is definitely above average, but as with his thin frame, Ridley isn’t able to hit as hard as say Bowser and K.Rool. However, while he can’t hit as hard as said heavyweights, Ridley’s combo potential is MUCH higher than theirs, as his gameplay ability, the Dragon flight, makes him quite the combo-strong character. He’s no Meta Knight, but he can hold his own)

Speed: 6/10 (Ridley’s speed varies on how he fights, as he’s quite the sluggish character on the ground while he’s faster in the air. Ridley’s overall range on attacks also varies, as his range can go anywhere from very short to very long, most of the long attacks coming from his tail.)

Recovery: 10/10 (Ridley is a character with a total of four initial jumps and a special recovery that lets you fly around while launching fireballs, which gives him incredible abilities to not only recover, but protect himself from edge guards.)

Uniqueness: 8.5/10 (Ridley’s overall style of play is one not seen in Super Smash Bros, as he’s a character who can connect his attacks into aerial floating abilities and back into more attacks in the air. His overall style of play is inspired by Firebrand’s playstyle of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, in which he can use a lot of airborne abilities to keep up combos, which Ridley can as well.)

Gameplay Ability: Dragon Flight (A float ability that is used by holding up on the analog stick during a jump. This float lasts longer than Peach’s, and is Ridley’s main way of combo attacking. All attacks that have connections to this gameplay ability are marked with a “$” on the end.)

Standard A Combo: Pirate Combo (x3, 14% total, attacks twice with two attacks from his claws and then one from his tail)

Forward + A: Dragon Crunch (Neck reaches forward and bites at the opponent, 14%)

Up + A: Cutter Wings (Strikes upward with his wings, doing a small hop into the air, which can trigger dragon flight, 12%) $

Down + A: Tail poke (Tail reaches around and strikes opponent with its pointed end, then retracts behind Ridley. (10%)

Dash Attack: Talon Pincer (While dashing, Ridley will pull back his body and raise up his feet with his talons out, hitting the opponent away. If you hold the button, you can sometimes even grab the opponent and toss them away at the end of the dash, 8%)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Double Talon Kick (While in the air, Ridley will do a kick with both his legs, 16% total, can connect into Dragon Dash) $

Forward + A: Swooping Beast (Ridley will swoop in a downward arc then back up into the air, now facing the other way, one of the main attacks used with the dragon float ability. 14%) $

Up + A: Wing Gust (Uses the force of his wings to blow wind upward, which creates a wind effect. This attack can connect into Dragon flight. 12% + Air effect) $

Down + A: Fire Breath (Tilts his head down and shoots a blast of fire downwards, can hit opponents for a meteor smash or create a carpet of fire on the ground upon contact, 13%)

Backward + A: Tail Slash (Ridley’s tail will do a slashing motion upward, knocking the opponent up even farther, 14%)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Supernova Breath (With his head tilted down, will launch a large fireball at the ground in front of him, creating a small explosion. 29%)

Up Smash: Dragon Coil (Ridley’s tail will coil around him then shoot straight up, launching the opponent upward. 24%)

Down Smash: Tail Spear (This unique smash attack allows Ridley to hit hard in front of him with minimal range but have long range behind him but lower damage and knockback as his tail swings around his body. 21-24%)

Grab/Throws:
Grab: Grabs the opponent with both hands, holding them in place

Pummel: Bites the opponent (4%)

Front Throw: Like DK’s unique moving throw, will be able to move forward with opponent then toss them away (10%)

Up Throw: Throws the opponent upward then hits them in midair with a fireball (10%)

Down Throw: Steps on his opponent with his talon and cackles (11%)

Backward Throw: Crunches the opponent in the grip of his tail then tosses them away (12%)

Standard Special: Phazon Breath (By holding the B button, will launch out a maximum of four phazon fireballs from his mouth in a stream-like pattern. This attack has three charge stages, the first launching one fireball, the second launching two, and the third launching four. All four fireballs aim towards the ground, causing a small carpet of fire to ignite on the ground once the fireballs hit it. 7% per fireball)

Side Special: Dragon Toss (Ridley will do a small dash grab in front of him, then fly up into the air with his opponent in his talons. At a certain height, Ridley will crunch the opponent in his talons and throw the opponent downward. Ridley is incapable of using Dragon Flight or other special attacks on the way back down to the ground. Cannot continue to jump after attack finishes. 19% total)

Up Special: Space Turbulence (Ridley be able to fly around freely like in his battle in Super Metroid, being able to launch small fireballs from his mouth through the air to protect his ascent. These small fireballs do minimal damage, but can stop edge guards from stopping Ridley’s return. Ridley will not go into a helpless state once the attack finishes, but he will be unable to use special moves on the return to the ground, or the abyss if he doesn’t make it back to the stage. 5% per fireball)

Down Special: Tail Grinder (Ridley will do a small hop into the air and let his tail grind along the ground, causing sparks to go flying. An opponent caught up in this attack will take multiple hits in a row before the final hit knocks them away. Ridley will drop back down to the ground once the attack is used. In the air, this attack will cause Ridley’s tail to spin around his body in one quick succession. 17% total on the ground, 15% in the air)

Final Smash: Omega Ridley (Ridley will tap into the phazon and transform into the ultimate beast of the Space Pirates, Omega Ridley. With Omega Ridley, you get three extra jumps and every attack is increased in power, as well as an increase in overall size. However, the overall speed of Ridley is the exact same. All Attacks x1.5 damage)

Colors:
#1: Purple (Standard Ridley)

#2: Red (Super Metroid Art Ridley)
#3: Black (Metroid Zero Mission Ridley)
#4: Blue (Original Artwork Ridley)

#5: Bright Purple/Green (Original Metroid Ridley)

#6: Meta Ridley (Metroid Prime)

Taunts:
#1: Ridley will raise his head up and roar

#2: Stretches his wings out, extending his claws

#3: Cackles as his tail smacks against the ground

Winners Circle:
#1: Ridley will fly in from the top of the screen and crash onto the floor

#2: Ridley will have the baby Metroid in his grip, taking off and flying off-screen

#3: Ridley will roar as two space pirates drop in with their guns out, posing and aiming around
It feels like Ridley needs some sort of armor or shield while jumping. Even with those extra jumps he'll be a huge and light target so trying to get back on the stage while dealing with projectile campers could be a serious issue. Perhaps extend the Side Special and give it super armor? Though the question is if someone gets in the way during the return dash. They'll probably get KO'd from the throw downwards (depending how powerful it is) but Ridley will still be screwed if he's too far away and can't simply grab the ledge before falling to his doom.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's grasping for straws, but here's a little tidbit regarding rosters for each game: Starting with Melee, we've gotten at least two villain newcomers per game. In Melee, we've gotten Bowser and Ganondorf for Mario and Zelda respectively, and in Brawl we were given King Dedede and Wolf for Kirby and Star Fox. You could possibly stretch it and suggest Wario and Meta Knight as well, considering the former's role in the SSE and the latter's antagonistic role towards Kirby.

For potential villain newcomers, we have Ridley (surprise surprise), King K. Rool, Medusa, Black Shadow, and Porky. Now unless Ganondorf is getting a massive move overhaul, we can count Black Shadow out. The MOTHER series hasn't seen a new title in nearly ten years (oh geez that long?) , so it's doubtful that Porky is being considered. Medusa just doesn't have a chance because of Palutena, and she was already usurped by a much bigger villain in their newest game. So that just leaves Ridley and K. Rool, who are both very highly requested characters in the Smash community.

Ridley is already in the game in some form (it hasn't been officially confirmed yet if he's just a hazard), and the Kremlings are a common enemy in the Smash Run mode. I believe there is some sort of quota for Sakurai to fill in regarding villain newcomers.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's grasping for straws, but here's a little tidbit regarding rosters for each game: Starting with Melee, we've gotten at least two villain newcomers per game. In Melee, we've gotten Bowser and Ganondorf for Mario and Zelda respectively, and in Brawl we were given King Dedede and Wolf for Kirby and Star Fox. You could possibly stretch it and suggest Wario and Meta Knight as well, considering the former's role in the SSE and the latter's antagonistic role towards Kirby.

For potential villain newcomers, we have Ridley (surprise surprise), King K. Rool, Medusa, Black Shadow, and Porky. Now unless Ganondorf is getting a massive move overhaul, we can count Black Shadow out. The MOTHER series hasn't seen a new title in nearly ten years (oh geez that long?) , so it's doubtful that Porky is being considered. Medusa just doesn't have a chance because of Palutena, and she was already usurped by a much bigger villain in their newest game. So that just leaves Ridley and K. Rool, who are both very highly requested characters in the Smash community.

Ridley is already in the game in some form (it hasn't been officially confirmed yet if he's just a hazard), and the Kremlings are a common enemy in the Smash Run mode. I believe there is some sort of quota for Sakurai to fill in regarding villain newcomers.
You've got that so wrong it hurts. This isn't the thread for it so I'm not going to go on about it, but you're so incorrect right here that someone had to stop you before your wrong-ness became too powerful.

Though Ridley and K. Rool are definitely more likely newcomers in terms of villains based off hints alone.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You've got that so wrong it hurts. This isn't the thread for it so I'm not going to go on about it, but you're so incorrect right here that someone had to stop you before your wrong-ness became too powerful.

Though Ridley and K. Rool are definitely more likely newcomers in terms of villains based off hints alone.
I did say I was grasping for straws. :/

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok i got something big prepaired for tomorrow

I am 95% sure it will make some people who gave up who still like that will have a chnage of heart

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Ok i got something big prepaired for tomorrow

I am 95% sure it will make some people who gave up who still like that will have a chnage of heart
"You don't have to convince them. You have to convince me." ~ President Snow, Catching Fire

On a more serious note, I anticipate to be pleased. 95% is a large margin for success. And a way too specific one(which is always why I tend to use 73% at most.)

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
YouTube comments are annoying all they say is he is confirmed as a stage hazard/boss like sakurai said it himself.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
There is one detail in the Direct that does make it very likely he is a stage hazard. That of course is the fact that he can fly. No Smash character has ever been able to fly, and it looks like Ridley is very high off the ground. It doesn't matter how big he is, he's flying.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Maybe Sakurai is looking out for us after all. Imagine after all the hate, all the jeering, all the hurt, WE have the final, most satisfying laugh ever.

That or he's a sadistic monster who loves to watch certain parts of the fanbase suffer in agony.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
He kind of did.
His vagueness is what most people pick up on. They think that because he didn't say it exactly, that maybe he didn't mean it.
1. Sakurai says boss characters will appear on other stages.
2. A flying Ridley's shadow appears on Pyrosphere.

Personally I think that's pretty conclusive that Other M Ridley is a stage hazard, but I'm still hoping for SM Ridley playable.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
There is one detail in the Direct that does make it very likely he is a stage hazard. That of course is the fact that he can fly. No Smash character has ever been able to fly, and it looks like Ridley is very high off the ground. It doesn't matter how big he is, he's flying.
Just because one hasn't been able to fly doesn't mean one wouldn't be able to fly. Up until Megaman there wasn't such a thing as a projectile Smash Attack. Little Mac introduced a chargeable one hit K.O.

Besides, there are several characters in Smash Bros. that can stay airborne for an extremely long time. We don't know enough based off of a shadow, could be a boss flying around, could be a stronger version of Peach's hover.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Unless Sakurai personally writes a letter to each and every one of us saying Ridley is a hazard people will still be like "well until he says something..."

ART OF SAYING WITHOUT SAYING BRO BE LIKE WATER MY FRIEND OR SOMETHING -- BRUCE LEE CIRCA GO TO SCHOOL.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Just because one hasn't been able to fly doesn't mean one wouldn't be able to fly. Up until Megaman there wasn't such a thing as a projectile Smash Attack. Little Mac introduced a chargeable one hit K.O.

Besides, there are several characters in Smash Bros. that can stay airborne for an extremely long time. We don't know enough based off of a shadow, could be a boss flying around, could be a stronger version of Peach's hover.
There was no projectile Smash attack, but Snake could use a bomb as a Smash. But that's a small difference compared to this.

And... he WAS up there for a long time.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Pit's Up B. Peach's second jump. Kirby/Charizard/Meta Knight/Dedede/Jigglypuff/Pit's multi jumps.

Though I do wonder why Pit's Up B was removed...

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Pit??????????????????? GG

Either way Ridley should be able to fly or at least "fly".

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I think Ridley was up there longer than Pit's full Up+B.
Doesn't matter if it was longer, there isn't a specified limit that Sakurai has set to my knowledge. You could keep Pit airborne for over a minute if you know what your doing, maybe Ridley's Up B is a stamina-like fly that you can use for a certain amount of time? Maybe it doesn't decrease as fast if your stationary? We don't know, but the fact that he's flying definitely doesn't confirm or even lend credence to him being a stage hazard.

Unless Sakurai personally writes a letter to each and every one of us saying Ridley is a hazard people will still be like "well until he says something..."
I'll believe it once Sakurai writes those letters in any form. Or says them.

Top Bottom