• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I think the moment the 3DS version comes out and Ridley is revealed as playable, Sakurai will start discussing the actual hazards of Pyrosphere.

Because, really, what do we actually know about it now? And there's 6 extra months to talk about it!
Well there is no 3DS version of the Pyrosphere stage anyway, yeah? At least, no pics or anything of it that I remember. If he's not playable, at least not having to be reminded of it as much on the 3DS game will be kind of a bright side for me, by the stage not being there.

And then in a way, I'll get a last laugh if/when the version of SSB4 without Stage Hazardley (3DS) sells far more than the one with it.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Needless to say, Metroid is clearly more 'deserving' for characters than StarFox are. And I still expect Ridley is playable, so that makes for Three Metroid characters (yes, two Samuses, but they are still different characters. Same person. Not the same character)

I'd also love to see Dark Samus playable. She looked cool in Smash as that AT.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Wait, wasn`t it just Mario, Metroid and LoZ?

Didn`t that suit had shape of actual penguin to make it possible to slide on the ice? Still poor Ridley, he gets abused like that...at least he always defeats Samus in video games when she is in her power suit.
Oh...maybe I did not wanted Ridley to look fat.... xD...But I did what I did what I could...

W2A571_0D47CEEE66DF4_000.gif

"...."

So...I will give him a cookie....he deserve it....

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh...maybe I did not wanted Ridley to look fat.... xD...But I did what I did what I could...
No problems with that. He looked fat in NES game already. And he indeed deserves a cookie just by having a lot of fans. And a place in SSB4 as a playable character.
Needless to say, Metroid is clearly more 'deserving' for characters than StarFox are. And I still expect Ridley is playable, so that makes for Three Metroid characters (yes, two Samuses, but they are still different characters. Same person. Not the same character)

I'd also love to see Dark Samus playable. She looked cool in Smash as that AT.
Wait, isn`t "character" same thing as "person"? Still, i count Zamus and Samus as one character and person.
And i found this image:

Roidley would be a lot better with this head (just a little bit longer), don`t you think so?

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros
Not technically, no. ^^ Just like Sheik is his own character from Zelda. If you pick Sheik, you're playing as Sheik, as Sheik's moveset and attributes. Sheik is entirely his own character. Sheik may be Zelda in different clothes, but in this game, she's a seperate entity to Zelda, and thus, Another character. Same thing with ZSS.
So, they are completely different characters, while being the same person. ^^ However, it doesn't really matter what they are seen as anyways.

Also, those Ridleys looks pretty Epic, somehow.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros
Not technically, no. ^^ Just like Sheik is his own character from Zelda. If you pick Sheik, you're playing as Sheik, as Sheik's moveset and attributes. Sheik is entirely his own character. Sheik may be Zelda in different clothes, but in this game, she's a seperate entity to Zelda, and thus, Another character. Same thing with ZSS.
So, they are completely different characters, while being the same person. ^^ However, it doesn't really matter what they are seen as anyways.

Also, those Ridleys looks pretty Epic, somehow.
Then i`ve got few errors in my previous messages...but im still right about it.
Also, i found this image:

Looks kinda cool, but here he is really huge...MP3 Meta Ridley huge.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Right or wrong, it's not something Worth arguing about anyways. ^^

And, I like that blurry effect. Ridley is certanly a badass boss. I just wish Retro would reveal Prime 4 soon. I meed my Metroid fix. It's been too long. D:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
More:
Yeah, there is a lot of good fanart and most of it is posted here. Part of it comes from us.
Just a question: What if they would use Roidley, but make him anorexic like Ridley is with different head of course, but nothing else changed? Or organic version of MP3 Meta Ridley?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well there is no 3DS version of the Pyrosphere stage anyway, yeah? At least, no pics or anything of it that I remember. If he's not playable, at least not having to be reminded of it as much on the 3DS game will be kind of a bright side for me, by the stage not being there.

And then in a way, I'll get a last laugh if/when the version of SSB4 without Stage Hazardley (3DS) sells far more than the one with it.
Shouldnt the stage be called
''Geothermal Power Plant''
&
Not Pyrosphere?
then?....

The Smash stage im talking about.....its called Pyrosphere right?

Or izi gonna be like in Melee were the stage is called brinstar and behind it says its from whatever...

WtH? ..............wat?

(-_-) im baffed...someone fill me in.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
&
Not Pyrosphere?
then?....

Or izi gonna be like in Melee were the stage is called brinstar and behind it says its from whatever...

WtH? ..............wat?

It sounds cooler..? And Brinstar is just a part of Brinstar, not a specific area of it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I have no idea what just happened to this forum in the last page

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I have no idea what just happened to this forum in the last page
Someone said that Metroid franchise has enough representation already and has 2 reps. Yes, there is 2 playable metroid characters, but its samus and samus again, just without power suit. That makes no sence when even Star Fox has more than that...you weren`t sarsastic, right? Or you`ve got confused by Penguin Ridley?
On this page, there is a lot of images posted by me and something more valuable.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not confused by anything other than how those arguments were stated; but I will not start any kind of rude rant.

Soo.... anyone else fel like Ridley may be to bigfor thie gam? not sur if thats bin posted b4; any1 considr that?

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284

E3 cannot come soon enough to confirm/deconfirm Ridley. But, 3DS version not having boss Ridley is pretty cool in the event Boss Ridley is the case. I for one am excited to have a portable Smash Bros.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Not confused by anything other than how those arguments were stated; but I will not start any kind of rude rant.
Soo.... anyone else fel like Ridley may be to bigfor thie gam? not sur if thats bin posted b4; any1 considr that?
Those arguments were started by fool who thought that metroid franchise got enough reps and doesn`t really needs our ALMIGHTY, GREAT AND GLORIOUS LEADER!..i mean Ridley...yeah...
None of his supporters think so and sane/smart peoples doesn`t either. Everyone who will say "yes" will be promptly shot. Disciples do not doubt their leader. Everyone who NOW thinks so because he/she accepted one of those stupid facts from toobigots will be shot too. Disciples must be fearless.
sorry for all of those big red bold text, i just can`t help myself sometimes...

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Those arguments were started by fool who thought that metroid franchise got enough reps and doesn`t really needs our ALMIGHTY, GREAT AND GLORIOUS LEADER!..i mean Ridley...yeah...
None of his supporters think so and sane/smart peoples doesn`t either. Everyone who will say "yes" will be promptly shot. Disciples do not doubt their leader. Everyone who NOW thinks so because he/she accepted one of those stupid facts from toobigots will be shot too. Disciples must be fearless.
sorry for all of those big red bold text, i just can`t help myself sometimes...
Preach it! Our lord Ridley will smite those against him!
Except Samus...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Either Ridley/Mewtwo needs to be added to teach the goody too shoo characters a lesson......

Serious

Smash is has too much sunshine lolly pop rainbow super happy tree chracters.....makes me sick....and no......Bowser and Ganondorf are not enough with at 40+ roster...

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
&
Not Pyrosphere?
then?....

WtH? ..............wat?

Yeah, the actual stage itself is the Geothermal Power Plant, but it's still a place within the Pyrosphere which I guess is why it's called the latter in Smash. Doesn't really matter though.

E3 cannot come soon enough to confirm/deconfirm Ridley. But, 3DS version not having boss Ridley is pretty cool in the event Boss Ridley is the case. I for one am excited to have a portable Smash Bros.
Same here either way. In hindsight I was a bit more interested in Smash 3DS anyway partly since I wasn't sure when I was gonna be getting a Wii U still yet and I like the concept of playing Smash with 3DS's controls more than the Wii U's gamepad/controller... Not having to deal with Stage Hazardley in 3DS Smash is just a bonus (though a pretty nice one), unless they stick some ******** boss Ridley/Dyna Blade clone in some other way besides Pyrosphere like on Smash Run or something.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Same here either way. In hindsight I was a bit more interested in Smash 3DS anyway partly since I wasn't sure when I was gonna be getting a Wii U still yet and I like the concept of playing Smash with 3DS's controls more than the Wii U's gamepad/controller... Not having to deal with Stage Hazardley in 3DS Smash is just a bonus (though a pretty nice one), unless they stick some ******** boss Ridley/Dyna Blade clone in some other way besides Pyrosphere like on Smash Run or something.
Where did the idea of bosses in Smash Run come from? I have a serious doubt that bosses will be in it. If Ridley were to be in SS3DS, I don't think he'd be shoehorned into Smash Run.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Either Ridley/Mewtwo needs to be added to teach the goody too shoo characters a lesson......

Serious

Smash is has too much sunshine lolly pop rainbow super happy tree chracters.....makes me sick....and no......Bowser and Ganondorf are not enough with at 40+ roster...
Its just pokemons (except for mew2, lucario, greninja and charizard), those 2 stupid Earthbound characters (im against lucas actually because its a pathetic clone), Kirby, DDD, Toon Link, ROB and someone else i forgot. Not that much actually.
Spelling error aside, Wolf and Falco are both playable in Star Fox Assault. So it does make *sense.
Its internet, so, while i aknowledge grammar error, i think it doesn`t matters. And Star Fox is kinda forgoten and isn`t more popular than Metroid while Metroid is far from it and still has 1 person to represent it as a playable character while SF has 3 clone characters to represent SF.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Where did the idea of bosses in Smash Run come from? I have a serious doubt that bosses will be in it. If Ridley were to be in SS3DS, I don't think he'd be shoehorned into Smash Run.
I don't know where it came from, but it is something easy to see happening, if the adventure modes in previous Smashes are any indication (yes, even the dreaded SSE). I hope you're right though, about Ridley at least.

AndreaAC

I need some little help....can someone show me how much is the difference in size between Omega and Meta? how much they shrink down Omega in the fight?

omegaZ2.png

:/ I'm not good at size scales....

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I'm still wondering why Kid Icarus gets another representation while my Ridley would devour his pathetic nature. I want my Ridley!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Its just pokemons (except for mew2, lucario, greninja and charizard), those 2 stupid Earthbound characters (im against lucas actually because its a pathetic clone), Kirby, DDD, Toon Link, ROB and someone else i forgot. Not that much actually.

Its internet, so, while i aknowledge grammar error, i think it doesn`t matters. And Star Fox is kinda forgoten and isn`t more popular than Metroid while Metroid is far from it and still has 1 person to represent it as a playable character while SF has 3 clone characters to represent SF.
I Tell you whats bull* we will more than likely have more 3rd party characters than bloody first party nintendo villians? LmAo....how wrong and bad is that! Im Tired of Villians always get kicked to the curb without Villians were would our goody too shoes be without the challenges we have gave them the courage they have gained from beating us and we very much moulded them into the people they are today.

Without Us Villians, Heroes would worthless.

Countless heroes hey we are even tosses aside for sidekicks!

Sidekicks: Luigi/Falco/Lucas/Diddy

And for so long people have stressed about female representation in Smash if you have atleast 4 of each criteria (full match of 4 players its enough just about)

Females now:
Samus/ZSS (Count as one i give you the benefit
Zelda
Palutena
Rosalina

Thats 4 Females! A full playable match is Sheik a female? we still have 4 !

You can have a full match of Sidekicks

And Ow...My....3rd parties...if Snake returns (i have nothing against snake)

Sonic
Megaman
Snake
Pacman

Full match of a criteria of characters THAT ARE NOT EVEN NINTENDO!

LmAo you could go as far to count WFT chars as a criteria

G&W
R.O.B
WFT
Chorus Men (if leak is fake insert new retro here)

Now To Villians.

Bowser
Ganondorf
???
???
???

Lmao......Sakurai dont be DekuScrub bro RealTalk

Bring back Event 51 from Melee redesign it with You
No Items
Vs. Ridley, K.Rool & Ganondorf
Or replace one with Mewtwo or whatever.

Also i dont consider DDD/MK/Wario as Villians.

TLDR:
Sakurai give us the BiG 3 and dont be a Scrub.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Ya know, the only unlockable characters seen insofar have either been clones or 3rd party. I'm positive that there's plenty of characters that won't be revealed until summer.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Ya know, the only unlockable characters seen insofar have either been clones or 3rd party. I'm positive that there's plenty of characters that won't be revealed until summer.
Thats to easy....

Plot twist:

Sakurai announces one Vet in May
2/3 Vets and 2 Newcomers at E3

Between after E3 and Launch (
which i think will be mid or late August) he reveals 3 or 4 Vets.

When game Releases majority of the unlockable chars are the ones on the website.

You cant win :)

I actually think this will happen the more newcomers and vets he announces will logicly make people assume the roster will be bigger even if he reveals like 8 more vets from now till launch everyone will think we are getting 16+ Newcomers when in reality you dont know who will be unlockable.

Do you really think all 5 mario chars will be starters?

You really think Lucario and Greninja will be starters?

Ofc its possible.....but.......i doubt....it.....

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Thats to easy....

Plot twist:

Sakurai announces one Vet in May
2/3 Vets and 2 Newcomers at E3

Between after E3 and Launch (
which i think will be mid or late August) he reveals 3 or 4 Vets.

When game Releases majority of the unlockable chars are the ones on the website.

You cant win :)

I actually think this will happen the more newcomers and vets he announces will logicly make people assume the roster will be bigger even if he reveals like 8 more vets from now till launch everyone will think we are getting 16+ Newcomers when in reality you dont know who will be unlockable.

Do you really think all 5 mario chars will be starters?

You really think Lucario and Greninja will be starters?

Ofc its possible.....but.......i doubt....it.....
Luigi's a clone. Toon Link's a clone. Greninja's a Starter Pokemon. And Lucario is clearly heralding Mewtwo's return. And why would you reveal your big guns, the villains, as mere starters?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Luigi's a clone. Toon Link's a clone. Greninja's a Starter Pokemon. And Lucario is clearly heralding Mewtwo's return. And why would you reveal your big guns, the villains, as mere starters?
I can dig your poke part expecially if Mewtwo is unlockable which would make the most sense and Jiggly since she always is aswell but so has Luigi and so was Young Link and Toon Link in brawl.

Although year of luigi maybe a exception since he was revealed then its all possible what your saying its cool but i just believe my theory

it would be too good to be true tbh thats why i dont believe it will happen.

Although i do think Sakurai will leave some characters as super secret till release Mewtwo being one of them if he doesnt get shown at E3.

Probly just 2 Super secret newcomers i think

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm under the impression that if it's an Original 8 Franchise, it should be able to have three characters. I mean Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda all have more than 3. Star Fox and Kirby have 3 exactly. DK and Metroid are missing their classic main villains, but if they got them in this game they'd have 3. And Kid Icarus has been advertised with the Original 8 over Yoshi, and it has Palutena and Medusa worth adding.

So hopefully this is Ridley's game, though he should have been in games ago probably. ESPECIALLY Ridley's, considering out of the four characters I mentioned, Ridley has been in every Smash Bros. game to date. Just... not playable in any of them.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I need some little help....can someone show me how much is the difference in size between Omega and Meta? how much they shrink down Omega in the fight?

View attachment 13153

:/ I'm not good at size scales....
From EMORNOUS (samus could easily fit inside his mouth while his head wasn`t ever than big compared to his body) to normal (ganondorf/roidley size). How?! Who knows?! But that the size most toobigots who bring arguments use despite the fact that its his LARGEST version. Why not his SM version, which was as tall as Ganny?
Here is images with both of them when compared to Sammy:

Last image won`t tell you much, but samus is at least 2 times smaller in morph ball mode.
xD don't worry...but I think he deserves MORE THAN ONE!

View attachment 13155
You dare lose your nice figure/proportions?! YOU MUST DIE!!!...or else you will DIE!!!
I Tell you whats bull* we will more than likely have more 3rd party characters than bloody first party nintendo villians? LmAo....how wrong and bad is that! Im Tired of Villians always get kicked to the curb without Villians were would our goody too shoes be without the challenges we have gave them the courage they have gained from beating us and we very much moulded them into the people they are today.

Without Us Villians, Heroes would worthless.

Countless heroes hey we are even tosses aside for sidekicks!

Sidekicks: Luigi/Falco/Lucas/Diddy

And for so long people have stressed about female representation in Smash if you have atleast 4 of each criteria (full match of 4 players its enough just about)

Females now:
Samus/ZSS (Count as one i give you the benefit
Zelda
Palutena
Rosalina

Thats 4 Females! A full playable match is Sheik a female? we still have 4 !

You can have a full match of Sidekicks

And Ow...My....3rd parties...if Snake returns (i have nothing against snake)

Sonic
Megaman
Snake
Pacman

Full match of a criteria of characters THAT ARE NOT EVEN NINTENDO!

LmAo you could go as far to count WFT chars as a criteria

G&W
R.O.B
WFT
Chorus Men (if leak is fake insert new retro here)

Now To Villians.

Bowser
Ganondorf
???
???
???

Lmao......Sakurai dont be DekuScrub bro RealTalk

Bring back Event 51 from Melee redesign it with You
No Items
Vs. Ridley, K.Rool & Ganondorf
Or replace one with Mewtwo or whatever.

Also i dont consider DDD/MK/Wario as Villians.

TLDR:
Sakurai give us the BiG 3 and dont be a Scrub.
Pacman...why? He is still unconfirmed and there wasn`t even single hint of him appearing. And Sakurai already said that Namco`s characters won`t get any advantages just because Namco works with Nintendo. I really hope that means no pacman (sorry, pacman supporters, i just hate the way he looks now, i liked his cheese/cake form more than THAT) or at least not exactly pacman. And WFT is a female, right?..right? But i still agree that there is not enough true villains like Ridley or Hades (still ridley kinda beats him in villainy for me because he is always serious while Hades isn`t...at least while he isn`t onscreen...and Ridley manages to do all of his stuff without being immortal or being a god) or...KKR..? Is he even a serious villain?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

From EMORNOUS (samus could easily fit inside his mouth while his head wasn`t ever than big compared to his body) to normal (ganondorf/roidley size). How?! Who knows?! But that the size most toobigots who bring arguments use despite the fact that its his LARGEST version. Why not his SM version, which was as tall as Ganny?

You dare lose your nice figure/proportions?! YOU MUST DIE!!!...or else you will DIE!!!
xD but I need a visual example of it......I need to know visually Meta's size on that fight....

xD Oh you....

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
xD but I need a visual example of it......I need to know visually Meta's size on that fight....

xD Oh you....
Visually? Here ya go:
There is even more than that - sizes for EVERY ridley that we currently have.

GaNNon dissaproves giving ridley so many cookies. And Samus does so too. Ganondorf and Bowser aren`t.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Pacman...why? He is still unconfirmed and there wasn`t even single hint of him appearing. And Sakurai already said that Namco`s characters won`t get any advantages just because Namco works with Nintendo. I really hope that means no pacman (sorry, pacman supporters, i just hate the way he looks now, i liked his cheese/cake form more than THAT) or at least not exactly pacman.
Well, it's argauble that statement could mean one of two things.
  1. Absolutely no character from Namco will get in the roster despite them working on the game.
  2. Just because they work on the game, they won't get comfy and add multiple characters on the roster, but they may still add a single character in.
I think it's likely they're going for option 2, since there already some elements in the game influenced by other Namco series, like the Soulcalibur based Final Destination.

Plus, Pac Man already had this ever since the original arcade.

But enough derailing lets go back to Ridley and the fact that he likes cookies.

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

I love the Shin Megami Tensei series - especially Persona.

Ridley: "The enemy is down, let's finish this"
Yoshi: "Understood"
Bowser: "Let's get them"
King K Rool: "Game Over for you, matey"
ALL OUT ATTACK!

Last edited:
Top Bottom