• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah the shadows seem to stay pretty close to the character sizes.

Pikachu standing shadow.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/images/daily/pikachu-screen-5.jpg

DK/Pika/Sonic shadows.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/images/daily/pikachu-screen-11.jpg

DK/Pika/Sonic shadows while off the ground abit.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/images/daily/pikachu-screen-12.jpg

So wouldn't that prove even more that the big tail bone is just an illusion cuz the tail is just super close to the screen...? No way if the tail was that big would it give off such a tiny shadow. I call shenanigans!!!

http://i.imgur.com/L3Xzet9.jpg

EDIT: Now looking at it the freakin tail bone looks bigger then the whole shadow lmao. Oh man E3 hurry up so I can see my playable Ridley already.
Well the pikachu and dk are a little close to the ground but yea the shadows are staying almost the exact same size as they're creators (the character creating they're shadow)

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I honestly don't think anything can be gleaned from size arguments anymore. The "animations" argument swayed me more than anything else.
I felt that animations weren't smooth/telegraphed enough for a boss. Ridley in the SSE only moved from one side of the screen to the other when attacking, which the shadow seemed to not be doing. In addition, Yellow Devil also used the 1 side to the other form of movement. Come to think of it, all the bosses in Brawl did so, with the exception of Porky and Taboo.

Unless Sakurai changed the fundamental movement of bosses, Ridley's shadow movement seems to break the trend of moving from one side to the other as an attack transition.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I think the moment the 3DS version comes out and Ridley is revealed as playable, Sakurai will start discussing the actual hazards of Pyrosphere.

Because, really, what do we actually know about it now? And there's 6 extra months to talk about it!

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I doubt that we'll have another Mewtwo.

Unlike Pokemon, Metroid is pretty starved when it comes to representation.
Fair point. As much as I'd like Mewtwo to Strike Back, I doubt he'll return. He was a cool dude, but I felt he was way overrated.

Of course, we have Little Mac, a previous AT, Villager, who Sakurai said would be too peaceful, and Megaman, which would be viewed as High Hersey in the olden days. I am of the opinion now that any character is possible if our lord Sakurai wills it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Any character has been possible ever since Sakurai made an immortally meme-tastic moveset for a character who was nothing but a 2d racer portrait.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I had a thought:

If(when) Ridley was finally a playable dude character in SSB4, would he be a permanent addition?
Not neccesary mewtwo failed to get in brawl and he was the kost thought to return so ridley would be as popular as mewtwo athough its going to be a duel most likely of which one is more popular in ssb4 (since mewtwo has a decent chance) and ridley could still be playable

(For mewtwo he promoted yet again this time with mcdonalds happy meals for x and y and mewtwo is one of them apology for off ridley topic)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oasis what is with this trash thread title

It's so boring I could probably use it to save someone going into shock

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I had a thought:

If(when) Ridley was finally a playable dude character in SSB4, would he be a permanent addition?
I'd say so. He is easily Metroid's second most important characters; he wouldn't be a clone and he's from a franchise with recurring characters. However, getting him in requires a small miracle at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The Ridley Riddle Raiders Thread!

Make this the thread title~
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE.

DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM.

DO YOU KNOW HOW WEAK YOU ARE COMPARED TO ME.

AND YOU WANT TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO?

OI?

OI OI OI?

oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi?

*BEGINS FLEXING MUSCLES FURIOUSLY TO CALM MYSELF DOWN, DISTRACT ME FROM THOUGHTS OF THIS JOKER*

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Bah, you'll never have use of those muscles anyways. Just keep stretching your stache muscles and you'll be fine.

Btw, someone, Draw Ridley with a Mustach!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So having 2 characters, a stage, boss fight, item and 2 assist trophies isn't enough?
*quadruple facepalm* No, its not for one of the 3...er...significant...popular...important...you`ve got me franchises owned by nintendo. Especially since it has 1 character, not 2 since Zero Suit SAMUS is still SAMUS, but without her Power Suit. This is as stupid as saying that ridley is too big while bowser and ganondorf isn`t. No, really, where did this idea came from? Its like calling Zelda and Sheik or Ganondorf and Ganon separate characters since they appear in SSB while having different look and names! About Ganon, yes, Gannondorf just transfroms into him for a few seconds, but Samus does so too, just for longer time and just by removing power suit after its power is drained. Like Kid Icarus and F-Zero, Metroid franchise never had enough representation in SSB despite being more important and popular that those 2 franchises as far as i know. Especially for such a large franchise with 2 major characters being easily determined just by playing metroid games and its not Samus and Metroids.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The thing is that Metroid is one of Nintendo's most major franchises, after Mario, Pokémon, and Zelda (which all have 5-6 characters)
Wait, wasn`t it just Mario, Metroid and LoZ?
View attachment 13115

Here it is! PENGUIN RIDLEY!

Poor guy....
Didn`t that suit had shape of actual penguin to make it possible to slide on the ice? Still poor Ridley, he gets abused like that...at least he always defeats Samus in video games when she is in her power suit.

*quadruple facepalm* No, its not for one of the 3...er...significant...popular...important...you`ve got me franchises owned by nintendo. Especially since it has 1 character, not 2 since Zero Suit SAMUS is still SAMUS, but without her Power Suit. This is as stupid as saying that ridley is too big while bowser and ganondorf isn`t. No, really, where did this idea came from? Its like calling Zelda and Sheik or Ganondorf and Ganon separate characters since they appear in SSB while having different look and names! About Ganon, yes, Gannondorf just transfroms into him for a few seconds, but Samus does so too, just for longer time and just by removing power suit after its power is drained.
So you're mad? lol

If she has a separated slot, and has a seperated move set, then Metroid has two reps, and you're implying that they are the same because of the name? Lol

And Toon Link is just Link, but he's still another character.

Hey guess what...Zelda and Sheik are the same character.

What about Fox and Falco in Melee? Literally the same animations for their move sets besides their blasters, yet, they are different characters. But if we are basing this off of what you are saying they are not the same character because the name when they clearly are the same? Your logic has holes in it, bro.

I have no idea why you mentioned that Ridley stuff, but then again I really don't care. Deuces.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Pokémon is one of the hugest gaming franchises ever, having made far more money than any Nintendo property aside from Mario.
Oh, then it looks like i have really outdated facts on that matter.
So you're mad? lol

If she has a separated slot, and has a seperated move set, then Metroid has two reps, and you're implying that they are the same because of the name? Lol

And Toon Link is just Link, but he's still another character.

Hey guess what...Zelda and Sheik are the same character.

What about Fox and Falco in Melee? Literally the same animations for their move sets besides their blasters, yet, they are different characters. But if we are basing this off of what you are saying they are not the same character because the name when they clearly are the same? Your logic has holes in it, bro.

I have no idea why you mentioned that Ridley stuff, but then again I really don't care. Deuces.
Its same CHARACTER/PERSON, like Evil Ryu is still Ryu, while Fox, Falco and other clones are separate since they always was in Star Fox and franchises of those clones. Why just because they are clones they must be same character? Is Lucas same thing as Ness? No. Is Luigi same guy as Mario? No. Is Captain Falcon=Ganondorf? Its impossible by rules of universe that say thay Caprain Falcon and Chuck Norris can be only one in the entire universe or it will lead to something really bad AKA No. Samus never was separate from Zero Suit Samus in Metroid. Its like if Mario, Super Mario, Cape Mario, Racoon Mario and Penguin Mario would represent Mario franchise in SSB. Different movesets, a bit different look, but still same character. Toon Link and Link is Links from different time, so, they are separate characters. Zelda and Sheik are same character, but separate playable characters in SSB. Luigi and Mr.L is same character too. Mario and Paper Mario are same characters too, but in a different way. Sonic and Super Sonic is same characters too while being in separate slots in Sonic R even through it doesn`t matters. Mega Man and Mega Man X are different characters i guess...i don`t really know him. Any evil/orochi/whatever X in SF games is still same characters as X, just on drugs sugar rush more powerful. My logic is flawless. Well...nearly...
And yes, i am mad. Even more than that. THIS is one of the few things that triggers my KILLCRUSHDESTROYEXPLAINLOL mood, other things are "TOOBIG!" argument, stealing my pen (i gave someone falcon punch for that...but since im Ridley-thin without any real muscles, it was more like robin punch), insulting Ridley in one way or another, stupidity, calling my MUGEN characters lame for no reasons, bots, game crashes, lags and cold tea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom