• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
You're forgetting that Alfonzo takes the head of the Spirit Train if Toon Link is being played on the stage, implying that they are indeed the same person (in Smash 4 anyway).
Well then lets throw logic out of the window, dosen´t make sense at all, still two Ridleys is not out of question.

.n_n.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok a giga bowser arguement

Uuuh correct me if I'm wrong but giga bowser in a way upgraded to playable when bowser uses his final smash

Giga bowser is a irrelevant argue ment

The real arguement is brawls ridley that ridley did not have a jump animation besides a couple of attacks (but those leaps does not match this ridley)

And this is what oblivious wolf and I agree on you people refuse to look at are side and consider the possiblity on stuff a good example is when the greninja trailer aired and everyone refuses to believe that 6 playable pokemon was in brawl all because pokemon roster size is always with mario and exclude alternate transformation forms

Last edited:

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
I think what makes all of this so frustrating is that when you get down to it, most of the evidence we're pointing to with regards to Ridley's possible playability is speculative at best. That's not to discount any of it, mind you, but it's certainly worth noting. I mean it's literally impossible to get inside Sakurai's head because the bottom line is: none of us are him. We can guess, we can infer, but none of us are telepaths. But perhaps the lack of anything concrete is deliberate? It seems very fishy... almost as if Sakurai is purposely inviting speculation to build up Ridley's eventual reveal - a reveal which would be quite a major one, all things considered. I wouldn't put it past him. But, who knows.

Dragon1128

Smash Cadet
Ok a giga bowser arguement

Uuuh correct me if I'm wrong but giga bowser in a way upgraded to playable when bowser uses his final smash

Giga bowser is a irrelevant argue ment

The real arguement is brawls ridley that ridley did not have a jump animation besides a couple of attacks (but those leaps does not match this ridley)

And this is what oblivious wolf and I agree on you people refuse to look at are side and consider the possiblity on stuff a good example is when the greninja trailer aired and everyone refuses to believe that 6 playable pokemon was in brawl all because pokemon roster size is always with mario and exclude alternate transformation forms
The reason people don't see your side is because everything has thus far pointed to Ridley in fact being a stage boss.

It's possible that he's still playable, but the "playable" side only has "maybe he's trolling" or "maybe there's 2" to back them up....all they have is conjecture and "feelings" while Sakurai's statements reinforce the idea that he is not playable, first on the "an enemy from samus's past may appear at any second." THIS HEAVILY implies that every so often, Ridley is going to swoop in, and mess stuff up. You can spin it to support "oh, he meant Ridley will appear as playable at any second" but that seems an extreme stretch.

Then there's a direct, where he says "boss characters(Note, characters, as in plural) make appearances on other stages, not just this one" and then Immediately shows Ridley's shadow. AGAIN, this HEAVILY implies that Ridley is indeed a hazard. Sure, you can also try to spin it that "boss characters" means playable, but spinning that statement means that any boss character that hasn't been explicitly deconfirmed is just as likely as Ridley to be in the game. Because "Boss characters" means more than one, and "on other stages" means yes, multiple stages have "boss characters" sure, it could be that Sakurai is teasing people, but I find that a HUGE stretch at this point.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This is the Ridley thread. Everything is a HUGE stretch.

Also not to rain on ChronoBound's "prestige" parade, but as the title says, this is the thread for discussing Ridley in Smash 4, not Project whatever.

Zuba Oki

Smash Apprentice
Once upon a time, in the land of FanFiction, this happened...

Ridley X Samus is cute and all.....but after a while....

and this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is how the "Ridley is too Big" meme started.:chuckle:

Ridley is too Big?....THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID:troll:
This is why I love this thread not just because of our Lord and Savior Ridley but because people are always bringing interesting and funny things to this thread

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
I think what makes all of this so frustrating is that when you get down to it, most of the evidence we're pointing to with regards to Ridley's possible playability is speculative at best. That's not to discount any of it, mind you, but it's certainly worth noting. I mean it's literally impossible to get inside Sakurai's head because the bottom line is: none of us are him. We can guess, we can infer, but none of us are telepaths.
Yeah, even if we were, we would have to be near him and know japanese. Anyways, let's just go back to discussing things Ridley-related, and putting on RIdley-related gifs,vids, and art.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the Space Pirates. I'm behind Ridley 100%!

I don't care if there's a strong chance he's a boss. I'd rather believe in the possibility that he could be a fighter. At this point, I've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

And, to show my support for him (and another underdog I'm behind):

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The reason people don't see your side is because everything has thus far pointed to Ridley in fact being a stage boss.

It's possible that he's still playable, but the "playable" side only has "maybe he's trolling" or "maybe there's 2" to back them up....all they have is conjecture and "feelings" while Sakurai's statements reinforce the idea that he is not playable, first on the "an enemy from samus's past may appear at any second." THIS HEAVILY implies that every so often, Ridley is going to swoop in, and mess stuff up. You can spin it to support "oh, he meant Ridley will appear as playable at any second" but that seems an extreme stretch.

Then there's a direct, where he says "boss characters(Note, characters, as in plural) make appearances on other stages, not just this one" and then Immediately shows Ridley's shadow. AGAIN, this HEAVILY implies that Ridley is indeed a hazard. Sure, you can also try to spin it that "boss characters" means playable, but spinning that statement means that any boss character that hasn't been explicitly deconfirmed is just as likely as Ridley to be in the game. Because "Boss characters" means more than one, and "on other stages" means yes, multiple stages have "boss characters" sure, it could be that Sakurai is teasing people, but I find that a HUGE stretch at this point.
All of those arguments (and some of our side`s) still doesn`t makes his chances higher/lower. And by "enemy", he may have meant Mother Brain (which already was shown), Goyagma, Vorash, Kraid...lets just say there is a lot of other possible bosses that could be in pyrosphere. "Other boss characters" - possibly not about Ridley or about him, but not as a boss hazard. Still, E3 will decide whenever or not an Fatality or Friendship will be performed.

I don't care if there's a strong chance he's a boss. I'd rather believe in the possibility that he could be a fighter. At this point, I've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Looks good, but it looks like he has a round body. Maybe you just made his ribcage too long or in a wrong position, maybe not. Bandana Dee looks good and flawless. And welcome to hell support thread of almighty idiot Ridley!

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

I wonder what @ Chandeelure Chandeelure will think about this image.

Pah, who am I kidding, we all know the answer to that! Just look at his avatar!

Anyhow, welcome to the brigade, rookie!

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Nah, if Sakurai outright states that Ridley is a stage hazard, we'll just admit defeat...

... and then, as soon as Sakurai turns around, W͇̬̣̟͌ͤ̇̈ͧͫͣE̘͎͍̜ͅ ̰̹̔R̠̬͖̥̩̰̲̐ͮ͐̋ͧ̉ỈͩP̾̓ͧ͗̚͞ ̵̬̇̀̾̌͊H̩̟͇̝̩Į͋̍̒S̝͍̗̜̥͉͟ ̶͚͍͗̆ͯ̅̇ͥSͮͯ͒͆͌̃̋͡P͇̣̪̝̟͒ͣͣĪ̴͖͉̻̞̻̱̽̐͌̎̄̐ͅN̵̤̝͊Å̷ͯL̸̖̱̖͉̳ ͙̣͉̓̋ͮ̚ͅC̫̯̫ͪ̈́́̇̂ͤO̜̥͈̟̹͓̬̕R̵͍̹̂̀ͮ̊̔͊̂D̨͍̘͙̩̗̈̽ͤͥ̇̊ ̥ͭ͛̍ͦͩ̀͢O͚̞͕͌F̼͎̍ͣ̉͌̚͝F̨̿̈́̓!̼̘̮̟̘̘̯͛͑̂ͩ!̢̳̇̊̃̀̿̿̍!̠̙̼̯͓͈̄͐ͤͣ͝

RIP OFF ARTIST!!!

Seriously though, let's not get desperate about Ridley's chances.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Looks good, but it looks like he has a round body. Maybe you just made his ribcage too long or in a wrong position, maybe not. Bandana Dee looks good and flawless.
To be fair, I drew him from memory. I'm also generally more comfortable drawing stylized characters like Dee, so Ridley was a bit of a stretch for me.

And thanks a lot. I've been lurking for a while, so I've seen the shenanigans this thread gets up to.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

011.gif

" I LIKE IT!"

:3 Really, AWESOME drawing!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think it's awesome.

My avatar is the result of that battle :awesome:
YOU DARE BRING LIGHT INTO MY LAIR TO SAY THAT IN RIDLEY`S SUPPORT THREAD?! YOU MUST DIE!...OR ELSE YOU WILL DIE! And its just impossible to pierce Ridley`s skin even with plasma and wave beam, so, that result`s possibility is 0 to 100000. At least he will get a good snack for the next encounter with Samus.
Also, there is at least 2 other examples of big characters still working in fighter games without being overpowered - Biollante and Feral Chaos.
For more info, open this spoiler:
They weren`t downsized. Because of canon? Nah, Biollante became even bigger that before while Feral Chaos appeared only in 1 game, so, its his canonical size. Biollante is balanced by having stong and pretty quick attacks, but with endlag or startlag and she moves slowly and can`t jump. Feral Chaos has few other restrictions that i can`t list because of my bad memory, but i remember that he has endlag/startlag on his attacks, they are powerful, he is fast, has good range, but his energy is draining over time, his super/hyper attack can be interrupted by another super/hyper attack (its the only one that can be interrupted in that game), he can`t use all of his attacks and something else. And he isn`t too big.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well I'm just going to got out on a rim With nobody can agree with the shadow thing

But if ridley is not shown at E3 nor character nor boss I think it's going to get worse

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well I'm just going to got out on a rim With nobody can agree with the shadow thing

But if ridley is not shown at E3 nor character nor boss I think it's going to get worse
I agree. The worst result will the a major outlash from our side, especially if it will flood this thread. Invasion of Astro Monsters of Ridley detractors is bad too, especially if they will invide this thread.

D

Deleted member

It is pretty obvious what the outcome is going to be. We even have a multitude of leaks.
Two Salromano's leak doesn't kill Ridley's chances of showing up, unless the RosalinaX leak comes true.

If the RosalinaX leak is false, we'll still have two to five characters waiting in the pipeline; at worst, Mewtwo and a retro characters due to be hinted it. If there's more, Ridley is still theoretically possible.

What kills Ridley's chances is the stage hazard, not the leaks themselves.
Gematsu/SalRomano's leaks. I doubt we are going far beyond 50 slots (I cans see 52 characters being the maximum we get).

Sakurai's wording ever since the original Pyrosphere unveil has also hinted at a Stage Hazard version of Ridley.
We should get somewhere between forty-eight to fifty-three slots. Fifty-three slots is the same rise in characters as Melee, so it's not impossible. You're basically right on slot estimate, but again, Salromano does not kill Ridley, the boss hint does.
Man, this place is going to be a warzone once Sakurai finally comes out and confirms Stage Hazardley. And people are going to once again act like no one saw him coming, when someone (myself) have been screaming about this for months on end.

Are account bets possible on this forum? I think I want to take a lot of people up on it.
You're crazy. Even I would not do something as stupid as to potentially give up my account, let alone against Ridley, a character you want by far the most. Even after Ridley's unlikelihood to be playable at this point, surely you'd not want to bet against one of your favorite character being playable.
Let's assume somehow that every veteran from Brawl returns for Smash 4, that brings it up to 44 slots. Let's also assume that every Gematsu newcomer that has not been unveiled yet is also in (Mii, Pac-Man, Palutena, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Men), that brings it up to 50. Let's also assume we get Mewtwo back, and one of Takamaru and a DK newcomer.

Most likely though, we will be faced with some cuts (at the very least Snake, and probably Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Ike). So that opens the doors for some additional spots in a roughly 50 count roster. However, I see characters such as Mewtwo, Takamaru, and a DK newcomer as much more likely than Ridley at this point.
First off, that scenario assumes that a DK newcomer is going to happen. While I do consider a DK newcomer as likely (heck, King K. Rool is one of three characters I have on my prediction list), there is no guarantee we get more than fourteen additions (and fifteen and more are necessary for a DK rep to show up if we assume that hints for Mewtwo and a retro character do mean we're getting both). And even if we do get more than fifteen, that does not mean a DK newcomer will happen. The Salromano leak hurts the chances of a DK newcomer as much as it hurts the chances of Ridley showing up.

Also, I would not put Ike in the "probable cut" category. He's nowhere near the same level of danger of being axed as Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur, who have evidence that they may not be returning (Snake due to Kojima saying Snake was not likely, Squirtle and Ivysaur due to Pokémon Trainer facing the axe). Ike only has speculation at best and poorly formed arguments against him. Ike could still be cut, but it's unlikely and if it does happen, it'll be due to time constraints (unless the RosalinaX leak is true).
Yeah that is what I see happening too.

Even more morbid I can see this happening when Smash 4 3DS is released:
"Ridley is being saved for as Day 1 DLC for the Wii U version is released. Yep. Sakurai is trolling us."

Newsflash: Sakurai is not trolling Ridley fans. He really is a too bigot.
I seriously doubt Sakurai cares about the size of characters. Calling Sakurai a too bigot isn't going to accomplish anything. You're better off criticizing Sakurai for saying Ridley can't work despite him being able to get three third-parties at once to get in (Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man) and saying shortly after Brawl that third-parties are harder than getting the game to work out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I think what makes all of this so frustrating is that when you get down to it, most of the evidence we're pointing to with regards to Ridley's possible playability is speculative at best. That's not to discount any of it, mind you, but it's certainly worth noting. I mean it's literally impossible to get inside Sakurai's head because the bottom line is: none of us are him. We can guess, we can infer, but none of us are telepaths. But perhaps the lack of anything concrete is deliberate? It seems very fishy... almost as if Sakurai is purposely inviting speculation to build up Ridley's eventual reveal - a reveal which would be quite a major one, all things considered. I wouldn't put it past him. But, who knows.
Indeed, the underlined is the one true thing we still have going. Sakurai had roughly 7 months between the Pyrosphere's first reveal and the Direct to cement Ridley's role as a stage hazard, and then all we get is a shadow and still no name drop.

Recall pre-Brawl era where Ridley's boss theme remix appeared on the Dojo. I'm sure many folk (including myself) got excited over it and assumed that improved his chances. But some others found it conspicuous toward the alternate possibility that he wasn't making the roster. Those suspicions were correct. Also note that Sakurai unceremoniously dropped Ridley's name in both the update title and its description.

While Miiverse isn't completely the same, it still serves a similar function to the updates. And true to form, whatever Sakurai chooses to disclose by name so far has become excluded from the roster.

We can't deny that Ridley is dangerously on the edge with hints that suggest a non-playable role, but as far as past evidence goes, he still has yet to completely teeter over. I want to say Palutena is in a similar situation: Her likeness has shown in an update and her namesake labeling a stage, but Sakurai hasn't personally disclose her name. Even now, her chances remain optimistic among the fanbase due to those allegedly leaked images.

I think if we're honest with ourselves, the only things we can truly hold on to is Ridley's lack of a true physical appearance and a peculiar avoidance of his name despite the obvious implications (No Sakurai is NOT alluding to other Metroid enemies! No other Metroid enemy constitutes as "Samus's Trauma".)

The reality of Ridley being cloned is inadmissible as evidence; There is no way to know if Sakurai intends to go that route. Trying to hold on to that possibility means literally waiting until the game's release and inspection for a conclusion, as well as possibly ignoring any official information released by Sakurai himself. Both Giga Bowser and Conductor Link have one thing in common that Ridley lacks: Their primary forms were playable in Smash. Toon Link in particular was only facing a minor possibility of being cut.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I still can't believe people are using the Pyrosphere comment from Sakurai as evidence of anything. It literally said "A character who may or may not be Ridley may appear on Pyrosphere in a context."

That's almost as bad as the RosalinaX leak with its "The roster is below, above, or exactly 48 characters and is subject to change."

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This is the last time I say this (so, I suggest to add this in the op because it's frustrating to repeat this)

If you forget your opinion on ridley's playability, it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell boss or playable because EVERY evidences that points to one side has a completely opposite sense.

For instance, the potd quote "Ridley (we know it's ridley but just that is suspicious to not mention his name) MAY appear at any second (we are clearly talking about pyrosphere here)." the MAY either means that he appear on the stage at a certain point to attack people OR it literally means that it CAN appear on the stage which might not include him being a boss.

There's more: showing the hole in the wall when it can't be seen normally (so he's hyping boss or tease his playability), the whole direct clip makes no sense from either side of the argument let's assume he's a boss. Then:

Why no audio? (can't be in development we waited for months since this direct I HOPE he was ready to show it)
Why he stand still? (is it really how a boss react?)
Why pickachu is like the half of his tail? (imagine the whole model he would literally be too big so messing with the angle)
Why not show him and still being vague? (waluigi deconfirmation why not him? the second most requested character)
Why not even behaving like other m? (other m stage, other m ridley why not his behavior?)

But you know what? THOSE ARE THE SAME EXACT QUESTIONS I WOULD ASK IF HE WAS PLAYABLE

Why no audio? (hiding he's a boss?)
Why stand still? (can you really hover as him?)
Why pickachu is like the half of his tail? (actually messing with us by saying that he would be too big to be playable?)
Why not show him and still being vague? (hying boss?)
Why not even behaving like other m? (may be because he's a boss with brawl movement while having his design from other m to respect the stage?)

I think you know where I'm getting. If playable there's too many question that make this unsure and the same goes for hazard. What is even strange is that I think I can say this for sure that the whole situation IS THE TROLL ITSELF. Think about it why would Sakurai bring confusion? 2 choices:

he's a boss and he's hyping it
he's playable and he's hiding

YOU CAN"T EVEN TELL AFTER KNOWING ABOUT THE TROLL!!!!!!

This is why it is professional trolling and everyone that are sure of his fate shouldn't because the same evidence exist on the other side. No one has been able to proof without a doubt his side so there's only one thing that we can do: speculate speculate and speculate over and over again by trying to interpret the fact which make us turn around until we finally know for sure about it/

Thanks for reading this message this is the last time I say it and I can't be more clear. I would personally like him to be playable as shown in my signature but I don't like where this thread is going like please can you just view both side of the medal? That makes debate more enjoyable.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well that's bound to happen to any character. If he gets confirmed, the general consensus we'll be hearing is "I never doubted him for a second/knew Sakurai was trolling!" Likewise people will constantly bandwagon on how "obvious" it was that Ridley wasn't playable, even though the ambiguous comments didn't become any less ambiguous despite any recent/future developments.

What irks me is people who "came to terms" with the "disconfirmation" come off as if it's something special that they did so.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well that's bound to happen to any character. If he gets confirmed, the general consensus we'll be hearing is "I never doubted him for a second/knew Sakurai was trolling!" Likewise people will constantly bandwagon on how "obvious" it was that Ridley wasn't playable, even though the ambiguous comments didn't become any less ambiguous despite any recent/future developments.

What irks me is people who "came to terms" with the "disconfirmation" come off as if it's something special that they did so.
If RIdley gets confirmed, my favorite thing won't even be Ridley being playable. It will be Shokio struggling to remove any evidence that he ever doubted Ridley for a second so he can look good.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I kind of wonder though, if it weren't for all the detractors and negative attention attached to Ridley would this subject be even coming up as much as it is? It seems like there's a lot of people for and against Ridley who seem to have a lot of sake in whether he is playable or not. Probably because whoever is right is likely to have those in the vocal minority bring up these issues annoyingly boasting against those they disagree with. I don't believe most people in this thread would do that but I do clearly remember 'In your face Shokio' gifs popping up before this whole thing happened. It seems to be something so unique to the Ridley debate that I don't even know exists for any other character out there.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
If RIdley gets confirmed, my favorite thing won't even be Ridley being playable. It will be Shokio struggling to remove any evidence that he ever doubted Ridley for a second so he can look good.
He can just deny that Ridley looks good and say that he is ruined now, he is too big, its against canon, he can`t be downsized like that or that he looks stupid. Its easier and not as tasty for us.
I kind of wonder though, if it weren't for all the detractors and negative attention attached to Ridley would this subject be even coming up as much as it is? It seems like there's a lot of people for and against Ridley who seem to have a lot of sake in whether he is playable or not. Probably because whoever is right is likely to have those in the vocal minority bring up these issues annoyingly boasting against those they disagree with. I don't believe most people in this thread would do that but I do clearly remember 'In your face Shokio' gifs popping up before this whole thing happened. It seems to be something so unique to the Ridley debate that I don't even know exists for any other character out there.
Ridley is the only of the most likely newcomers that gets such hate. Its mostly from those fools that didn`t made research and think he is just a random dragon everyone likes because of how he looks. Or they just WANT to do that because he lowers possibility of their favourite characters (Shadow, Tails, Grey Fox, Raiden, Soukapon thing, Baloon Fighter, Tom Nook, Bass, Proto Man, Sylux, Toad, etc.) in their eyes (which is not true), do that because they thought that Shokio or one of the other detractors` facts like that if ridley will be downsized, then it would be ignoring canon or something worse is right. Why no hate for Toad, Palutena (nothing personal with her, just as an example), Pac Man and Sonic? Its really confusing.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
That reminds me, what the hell is a Shokio? What's so special about him that sets him apart from other Ridley detractors?

Is he competitive or something?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
That reminds me, what the hell is a Shokio? What's so special about him that sets him apart from other Ridley detractors?

He's just a popular dude with a lot of followers that blindingly agree with him. Even though he himself isn't being serious about Ridley, as he admitted in a recent video of his.

andimidna

Smash Master

All Ridley detractors are really just Shokio.
He has 100+ YouTube accounts, Miiverse accounts, and the rest.
Trust me, my extremely credible source told me it was probably almost true, but also subject to change.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

He is the loudest out of all of them. And most annoying. As far as i know. And corrupts other with his facts. Fortunately, all of the corrupted specimens lacked any sort of brain and we can move on to the research of the mysterious morph ball technology.

Last edited:

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
It seems to be something so unique to the Ridley debate that I don't even know exists for any other character out there.
I don't know what it is either... But maybe it is those in the Ridley debate don't just give up as easily and usually try to come up with evidence to support their theory, even if it happens to be wrong, like how if people said that someone like Ridley was shown and it seemed like they were a hazard, the supporters usually give up, but most of us Ridley supporters don't give up on a character that easily, and those anti-ridley supporters don't give up easily neither. Maybe we Ridley debaters are what shokio said we are, passionate about Ridley, whether its not supporting him, or supporting him.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Playable in 64 and Melee. My argument applies to actual newcomers.
Then Pac Man, Takamaru, Palutena (not sure about her), Masked Man...list goes on. And you forgot to mention Brawl. He was playable there too.
EDIT: i LOLd, i thought you said that they were included then, so...i was wrong.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

xD I haven't payed attention to what he says (Why would I?), but the thing that I have seen about him is the many funny faces he makes on those anti Ridley vids....

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If he does get confirmed I'm roombanning you and all the others who jumped ship from the Ridley boards.
YOU KNOW WHAT.

I WAS THINKING ABOUT THIS TODAY.

ABOUT HOW I MUST SEEM LIKE A BIG MEANIE HERE TELLING PEOPLE TO ABANDON HOPE.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? I REALLY DON'T THINK I AM?

Like I still have hope that Ridley is playable and I haven't said he's not going to be, BUT WHAT GETS ME ALL HUFFY IS WHEN PEOPLE SAY HE'S NOT A HAZARD AND COME UP WITH WEIRD THEORIES FOR WHY HE ISN'T? I'm as certain as I can be that he is definitely a hazard, but that doesn't mean he can't also be playable, so of course I'm bothered when people make up junk to get around the hazard thing when I don't even think that's what they should be focusing on.

I DUNNO MAN I'M NOT SUCH A BAD GUY...

I just need your faded purple hand to pay my head and tell me I'm not poop.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
YOU KNOW WHAT.

I WAS THINKING ABOUT THIS TODAY.

ABOUT HOW I MUST SEEM LIKE A BIG MEANIE HERE TELLING PEOPLE TO ABANDON HOPE.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? I REALLY DON'T THINK I AM?

Like I still have hope that Ridley is playable and I haven't said he's not going to be, BUT WHAT GETS ME ALL HUFFY IS WHEN PEOPLE SAY HE'S NOT A HAZARD AND COME UP WITH WEIRD THEORIES FOR WHY HE ISN'T? I'm as certain as I can be that he is definitely a hazard, but that doesn't mean he can't also be playable, so of course I'm bothered when people make up junk to get around the hazard thing when I don't even think that's what they should be focusing on.

I DUNNO MAN I'M NOT SUCH A BAD GUY...

I just need your faded purple hand to pay my head and tell me I'm not poop.
your weird lol

D

Deleted member

That's because Ridley's fan base has the most unique legacy in the speculation community. It's lasted ever since pre-Melee and has been through some of the most notable drama that has ever hit the Smash speculation community. Ridley fans are probably the most passionate in their support of Ridley, but at times, they can also be the worst. Ridley is going to leave a permanent impact on the speculation community and we will all look back to see the fan base's ultimate legacy on the Smash community years, if not decades from now. The mark Ridley leaves will be too big to ignore; whenever he finally gets to obtain playable status or is forever relegated to non-playable role.

Either way, I feel as the Ridley debate will end at E3 2014. I predict, no I am confident, that it is here where we will find out about Ridley's ultimate fate in this game. Until then, it will be a long and painful wait for the fans.

He's not really as big of a deal as the Ridley supporters make him out to be. He's actually a cool guy that's decently informed on video games. People here just hate Shokio because he's a popular person who doesn't agree with Ridley being playable (for dumb reasons, but still). I consider people like Vaztor and dedekong to be far worse offenders when it comes to detracting against Ridley.

Jigglypuff & Luma

Smash Cadet
Let's assume somehow that every veteran from Brawl returns for Smash 4, that brings it up to 44 slots. Let's also assume that every Gematsu newcomer that has not been unveiled yet is also in (Mii, Pac-Man, Palutena, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Men), that brings it up to 50. Let's also assume we get Mewtwo back, and one of Takamaru and a DK newcomer.

Most likely though, we will be faced with some cuts (at the very least Snake, and probably Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Ike). So that opens the doors for some additional spots in a roughly 50 count roster. However, I see characters such as Mewtwo, Takamaru, and a DK newcomer as much more likely than Ridley at this point.
Mewtwo doesn't really have a chance of returning anymore because we already got 4 Pokémon and we will probably only have 5, last being Jigglypuff because she is from the original 12, everything else, I agree, (except maybe Ike being cut)

Last edited:
Top Bottom