• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
When Ridley's shadow is shown, is it possible that the footage took place on the final destination version of pyrosphere?
If so, Ridley wouldn't be a stage hazard/boss but an actual character!

Graspin' for straws here.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Guys (and not only), what if ridley`s final smash would just make him faster on the ground, allow to hitcancel (its called so, right?) every physical atack like P:M turbo mode does, add super armor and alter idle animation? Or transformation FS would be better?

Also, about Samus in Other M not being as awesome as Prime/normal Samus/being lame/weak/something like that...actually...its opposite (just remember all of those lethal strikes, overblasts and sense move)...at least in gameplay. That fact makes me think that "gameplay Samus" and "cutscene Samus" are 2 different characters in Other M...don`t you think so? Any of you?..no?..Yeah, this question basicly came out of THE VOID nowhere...

And today i will post yet another drawing, but not just head and neck this time! And with a reference to a certain sadistic, but funny character.

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
One thing you didn't consider: The first picture is Pyrosphere-FD, and it's smaller than actual Pyrosphere.
Good call but I still think it helps cuz the heptagon shape in the center seems the same size on both.

http://i.imgur.com/GLyT8Im.png

I also still wanna know what the purple things under the stage do lol.....They must serve a purpose especially sense there different on both versions of the stage.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I also still wanna know what the purple things under the stage do lol.....They must serve a purpose especially sense there different on both versions of the stage.
Maybe they just glow for some time after a certain perioud of time and here just as a decoration or activate something like stage hazard or some kind of a alarm light...er...things?

Staarih

Smash Master
When Ridley's shadow is shown, is it possible that the footage took place on the final destination version of pyrosphere?
If so, Ridley wouldn't be a stage hazard/boss but an actual character!

Graspin' for straws here.
The footage takes place on normal Pyrosphere, here's a comparison I posted some while ago:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
92A571_0D6F03BB954B4_001.gif

"..."

I have been feeling kind of sick....and this site being offline for longer periods of time is frustrating....

D

Deleted member

Holy crap I think it is.....And that again would give the illusion that Ridley is bigger then he is cuz Final Destination is much smaller then the regular version.
SAKURAI!
Seriously, the guy just want to mess up with our heads. I won't be fooled anymore with his mind games!

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
The footage takes place on normal Pyrosphere, here's a comparison I posted some while ago:

My first reaction was "maybe that normal screen cap is from an older build".

But looking into it, that is a screenshot published this month. So you're absolutely right, the shadow footage is on the FD version of Pyrosphere.

HOW CURIOUS.....

I'm still not holding my hopes up high, he was pretty clear in his message. It could be the ultimate troll by Sakurai, but occam's razor folks...

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Funny, this is actually the first thing I done after the direct, was look at the stages to make sure its not the FD version (another one was looking for shadows of the platforms, which strangely would be positioned JUST outside the frame). As you can see in the pictures the version with Ridley's shadow on it has another ring with transparent floor on it, while the FD version has only one. Theres distance between the outlined thing and the pillar thats not present in the FD version of the stage, but exists in the regular version (as the stage is larger). Its the regular version, like Staarich the creator of the picture said.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Yeahhh look at this picture one more time. The distance between the 2 pillars.

http://i.imgur.com/GLyT8Im.png

Now look here! Without a shadow of a doubt the Ridley in the direct was on Final Destination!

http://i.imgur.com/Kx5FLND.png
If I recall correctly;

On the regular version of Pyrosphere, the lava flows out, ashes and embers rising and falling around the platform as seen here.

However, in the FD version, there don't appear to be any embers or smoke from the lava (which is not flowing).

Thus, the Ridley we saw was on the regular version of the stage.

Last edited:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Oh my gosh people, stop looking at the pillar and rings and every other complex structure and start looking at the simple two red-tan strips on the floor in normal Pyrosphere. Those strips are completely missing on the FD-Version. :rolleyes:

The Ridley shadow scene has them right there, and I've even used them to judge the possible distance between Ridley's hands. Pyrosphere-FD lacks these red-tan strips.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I thought we established a while ago that Ridley's shadow is definitely on the regular Pyrosphere?

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, I was pointing out that the footage was indeed on the regular one, but I think something just got "lost in translation" and people began to think the opposite. Oh well.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeah Ridley is definitely on regular pyrosphere. That doesn't really change previous points though.

And no, the entire point of Final Destination versions of stages is for them to be FInal Destination (absolutely nothing but the one platform) with the aesthetic of different stages. The bosses are simply new types of stage hazards. Which is entirely why it's weird for Ridley to be a boss when Pyrosphere seems to have a different stage hazard entirely.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Yeah Ridley is definitely on regular pyrosphere. That doesn't really change previous points though.

And no, the entire point of Final Destination versions of stages is for them to be FInal Destination (absolutely nothing but the one platform) with the aesthetic of different stages. The bosses are simply new types of stage hazards. Which is entirely why it's weird for Ridley to be a boss when Pyrosphere seems to have a different stage hazard entirely.
I assume by "different stage hazard" you're referring to the lava?

Assuming the lava is a hazard I don't see why you can't have two dynamic stage hazards (assuming Ridley is a boss).

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I assume by "different stage hazard" you're referring to the lava?

Assuming the lava is a hazard I don't see why you can't have two dynamic stage hazards (assuming Ridley is a boss).
While Ridley may be extremely small and slow for a boss appearance, that doesn't mean dealing with a particularly invasive stage hazard like lava is a great combination with trying to fight a boss. I mean look at the stages that have bosses. Dr. Wily's Castle has what aside from Yellow Devil? A couple of moving platforms? And the Find Mii stage doesn't seem to have anything at all other than the Dark Emperor, though we don't know if he is a boss or not yet.

It's not impossible, but why would you do that?

D

Deleted member

While Ridley may be extremely small and slow for a boss appearance, that doesn't mean dealing with a particularly invasive stage hazard like lava is a great combination with trying to fight a boss. I mean look at the stages that have bosses. Dr. Wily's Castle has what aside from Yellow Devil? A couple of moving platforms? And the Find Mii stage doesn't seem to have anything at all other than the Dark Emperor, though we don't know if he is a boss or not yet.

Lava and Ridley, Pyrosphere would be hell! All Metroid stages had some sort of lava involved on it, so It seems Sakurai will continuate with this trend(just imagine having to dodge the lava while you fight Ridley)

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

If lava is a hazard* then it might not work the way it did in previous stages. It doesn't have to rise up and engulf the platform
(does it even do that in Other M? Can't remember), and even if it did, it doesn't have to happen while Ridley is in play.

lava 4 smash4

majora_787

Smash Hero
Lava and Ridley, Pyrosphere would be hell! All Metroid stages had some sort of lava involved on it, so It seems Sakurai will continuate with this trend(just imagine having to dodge the lava while you fight Ridley)
That's entirely my issue here. The other stages with bosses seem to underline the bosses as the dominant hazard on the stage. If Ridley is a boss AND there is lava, that's basically them saying "We know we really messed up on making Ridley a boss so we need another hazard that will actually make up for our weird decision to make him slow and docile." That or they've lost their minds and someone went, "What if we combined Norfair's stage hazard while fighting Ridley? Hey we should do that in the next Smash Bros." and that's just bizarre.

Lava not working the way it does in previous stages isn't exactly what matters here. And whether it works or not when Ridley is around seems extremely strange. It's not exactly the same as floating platforms. The lava just entirely ceases functioning normally so the players can break to fight a Bowser-sized scyphozoa?

There's something off with all of that.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Lava not working the way it does in previous stages isn't exactly what matters here. And whether it works or not when Ridley is around seems extremely strange. It's not exactly the same as floating platforms. The lava just entirely ceases functioning normally so the players can break to fight a Bowser-sized scyphozoa?

You think so? I don't think it would be odd. The flow of lava could be dynamic, and be altered or alternate with another stage event.

I know there has been discussion in this thread before about how there have been a ton of Pyrosphere screens and none of the shots include Ridley, and how that's odd if he's a hazard. Why hide it, right? The same can really be said about the lava; if it was a constant stage element, why would we not know about it yet?

But even if the lava was a factor in the stage, I still don't see it as an issue if there was another hazard. Metroid stages are traditionally annoyingly intrusive.

For the record, I'm not trying to be a downer. If he were playable I would say that's a nice surprise, but I'm not so sure on the whole "lava is the real hazard" line of thinking.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
That's entirely my issue here. The other stages with bosses seem to underline the bosses as the dominant hazard on the stage. If Ridley is a boss AND there is lava, that's basically them saying "We know we really messed up on making Ridley a boss so we need another hazard that will actually make up for our weird decision to make him slow and docile." That or they've lost their minds and someone went, "What if we combined Norfair's stage hazard while fighting Ridley? Hey we should do that in the next Smash Bros." and that's just bizarre.

Here are all or atleast most of the pictures of Pyrosphere and we have quite a bit of footage. We know there are no signs of Ridley in any of this but at the same time no sign of the lava doing anything.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/stages/pyrosphere

There's also those 2 mysterious purple things under Pyroshere that change in design between normal and FD versions. One thing is for sure he is taking way longer to reveal what this stage actually does compared to the rest. Very suspicious.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I really don't see how ridley was not on the final destination version

For 1 thing in almost every lava place/games ambers and ashes are flying around without pouring of lava

Can someone show me and proove it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here are all or atleast most of the pictures of Pyrosphere and we have quite a bit of footage. We know there are no signs of Ridley in any of this but at the same time no sign of the lava doing anything.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/stages/pyrosphere

There's also those 2 mysterious purple things under Pyroshere that change in design between normal and FD versions. One thing is for sure he is taking way longer to reveal what this stage actually does compared to the rest. Very suspicious.
Which reminds me of how much footage and pics we had of the Boxing Ring and the Mario Galaxy stage before their Newcomers reveals. The same applies for how much of Wily's Castle and a lot of them with YD on it
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/stages/boxing-ring-wii-u
There's just as much of it before Little Mac reveal as we currently have of the Pyrosphere, Sakurai teased newcomers with their home stages, it wouldn't be a surprise if he did the same with Ridley

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ IsmaR IsmaR
I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer over here or anything, I'm just saying my opinion.
I'd love to be proven wrong; in fact, that would make me absolutely ecstatic. And I certainly wasn't right all along, since up until the Direct I expected the big guy.
And he's still one of my most hyped characters.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Which reminds me of how much footage and pics we had of the Boxing Ring and the Mario Galaxy stage before their Newcomers reveals. The same applies for how much of Wily's Castle and a lot of them with YD on it
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/stages/boxing-ring-wii-u
There's just as much of it before Little Mac reveal as we currently have of the Pyrosphere, Sakurai teased newcomers with their home stages, it wouldn't be a surprise if he did the same with Ridley
Yeah Pyroshere was shown really early on too. I would be very confused by the amount of screwing with the fans, only to be like, "Haha, he ain't in now please buy this game which we likely just pissed you off with!"

Not saying I wouldn't buy the games without Ridley.....As a matter of fact I have both versions fully paid off at GameStop. At the end of the day just give the huge majority of the fanbase what they been asking for....and thats our purple space dragon....and Mewtwo.....and King K. Rool....

ZcK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calamardo
About Pyroshere , most of the screenshots we´ve gotten so far showcase the regular one not the FD, and the Ridley seen in the Direct doesn´t seem to stay static in the corners of the stage.
So unless Sakurai was really careful taking those screenshots we would have already caught a glimpse of it. And anyway if he wanted to hide boss Ridley it would have been better to showcase characters on the FD one.
Or maybe I´m just being too optimistic.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
About Pyroshere , most of the screenshots we´ve gotten so far showcase the regular one not the FD, and the Ridley seen in the Direct doesn´t seem to stay static in the corners of the stage.
So unless Sakurai was really careful taking those screenshots we would have already caught a glimpse of it. And anyway if he wanted to hide boss Ridley it would have been better to showcase characters on the FD one.
Or maybe I´m just being too optimistic.
Well if assuming Ridley was a boss there is always the possibility that Sakurai just defeats Ridley before taking the screen shots and video clips or there are more options then we think like being able to turn stage hazards off without needing to play on the FD versions to do so. Sakurai is for sure trying to hype Ridley up. I personally think for playable....Sakurai knows how popular Ridley is and wanted as playable in America. Just like how he knew the lesser popular American loved character Little Mac was wanted. If Ridley really doesn't show up playable in this Smash Bros I'll be shocked and confused.

D

Deleted member

If Ridley is'n playable after all, at least the concept of Stage Boss seems cool, and Sakurai better make a good battle, not stationery Ridley like Yellow Devil.
And in this case, this music must be played when he shows up
Yeah, metal remix, problem with that?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I really don't see how ridley was not on the final destination version

For 1 thing in almost every lava place/games ambers and ashes are flying around without pouring of lava

Can someone show me and proove it.
No embers

Embers

It's kind of hard to tell, but there are definitely embers on the regular version of the stage, and none on the Final Destination version. It's pretty easy to notice if you watch the footage of the Direct.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
Well I leave for about three or four days, and two pages are added, not bad at all. So we are still on the Final Destination version and normal version thing from the looks of things.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Long story short on my end
Ridley is playable until proven otherwise
The Ridley we saw. the playable one.
Sakurai. Super Major Tease.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

Ridley gets Easter Eggs
Yoshi got violated:grin:

Happy Easter, everyone.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Long story short on my end
Ridley is playable until proven otherwise
The Ridley we saw. the playable one.
Sakurai. Super Major Tease.
I feel you brother. We know for a fact its Other M Ridley and that gives me more hope cause of his body type. I know some people said a Super Metroid Ridley would be harder to pull off. Other M Ridley is very humaniod.

Just slap a pair of wings and a tail on Donkey Kong and we got ourselves a Ridley (Obviously wouldn't play the same)

http://d1vr6n66ssr06c.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/WiiU_SmashBros_scrnC07_02_E3.jpg

Ridley Kong for Smash.

http://images.wikia.com/metroid/images/archive/f/f3/20100925182819!Ridley_mom.png

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
what about Anthony Higgs?

In Metroid Other M that same stage "Pyropshere"
is where Anthony Higgs goes to save Samus from Ridley.
He also seems like a Snake replacement.

Sakurai did mention his trying to get back as many characters from brawl.
I'm sure he can't add snake
and
he may be already adding another third party which is pac-man.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
what about Anthony Higgs?

In Metroid Other M that same stage "Pyropshere"
is where Anthony Higgs goes to save Samus from Ridley.
He also seems like a Snake replacement.

Sakurai did mention his trying to get back as many characters from brawl.
I'm sure he can't add snake
and
he may be already adding another third party which is pac-man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom