• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I sometimes can't believe myself.
View attachment 12634

Picture taken with 3DS camera. Gotta love Raidley's hair.
Yeah. Now he is Samurai Mutated Zombie Cyborg Alien Dragon Ninja Space Pirate. Where is his gun and cowboy hat?! Thats the only thing left to make him even more awesome.

Aaaaand i still don`t get it why you hate roidley so much...he looks better that xidley and has one of the best ridley boss battle in my opinion because if you screw up, you`re gonna pay for that and fight itself looked awesome. But i still agree that his beak should have been pointed downwards.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
This may be a premature question, but if Ridley is indeed a terror in the air, but suckish on the ground,
how do you think he will fare in an FD-centered competitive scene?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You can literally read "Zero Suit" as "Samus without her Power Suit."[/spoiler]
Not really. Its just a name of the suit she wears underneath/under her power suit that at least gives her more protection that normal clothings won`t (she can survive few space pirate laser shots that could easily kill GF soldiers). So, its a different thing.
This may be a premature question, but if Ridley is indeed a terror in the air, but suckish on the ground,
how do you think he will fare in an FD-centered competitive scene?
Well enough since i saw few videos with CAPTAIN FALCON!!! knocking opponent off-stage, then beating him until finally KOing him and recovering. And he isn`t the best in the air. So, its not a problem to have a bad ground game.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Aaaaand i still don`t get it why you hate roidley so much...he looks better that xidley and has one of the best ridley boss battle in my opinion because if you screw up, you`re gonna pay for that and fight itself looked awesome. But i still agree that his beak should have been pointed downwards.
you are talking about me? if you are....Ok....um, i do not care about the boss fights...i care about the character designs (and also environment)....so, even if Roidley's boss fight is the best there is....i would not find it important....i mean, i find the boss fights fun and all...but, not so much....and i hate Roidley to the end of the Universe because, 1- it looks ugly as hell....when they first revealed him in one of Other M's trailers back in 2009, it felt like a b*tch slap to the face...and having both of my cousins teasing me about it did not help me to accept it....2- that senseless evolutionary line.....when i started to "accept" that design a little just because it "was" Ridley, when they revealed that actually that demonic furby and the hairy lizard were part of him....that was it, i swear to hate it with my very soul...and even, good thing that it is not the Original Ridley...so i do not have to consider it canon...just because i do not want to....

Last edited:

AndreaAC

@BaganSmashBros well...now you know the reason of my DEEP hate for Roidley....and, since i like to draw, i like to show my hatred graphically....

I can't wait to learn about animation in 2D/3D it is gonna be so bloody sweet...

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
@BaganSmashBros well...now you know the reason of my DEEP hate for Roidley....and, since i like to draw, i like to show my hatred graphically....

I can't wait to learn about animation in 2D/3D it is gonna be so bloody sweet...
Yeah...i already imagine what you`re gonna draw...good luck anyway with it.

Also, i found this neat images with Ridley:
The last one would look awesome if it would be possible in SSB4 (i know it already has name, but its shorter).

AndreaAC

xD if i did a little "book" about Roidley and Other M Samus getting their butt's kicked by Omega and Prime Samus....an animation would be (not so bloody, but violent definitely) really sweet...and thanks...

xD i like the philosoRidley one....and i like Meta's shiny big eyes...so cute :3

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
xD if i did a little "book" about Roidley and Other M Samus getting their butt's kicked by Omega and Prime Samus....an animation would be (not so bloody, but violent definitely) really sweet...and thanks...
Maybe you should use "slapstick" humour or whatever its called to make sure the violence will last longer..? And why rodley/oridley and not ridley or at least redley?
And that meta ridley is actually meta reedleey, like weegee, but ridley instead of luigi.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Maybe you should use "slapstick" humour or whatever its called to make sure the violence will last longer..? And why rodley/oridley and not ridley or at least redley?
And that meta ridley is actually meta reedleey, like weegee, but ridley instead of luigi.
xD maybe i will...and....what do you mean by "rodley/oridley and not ridley or at least redley?" xD

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Am not really a fan of the whole "hate art" having to deal with any form of Ridley, so I guess I'll just more or less ignore the next ones that get posted like I've kinda been doing. *shrug*

The schism of regular and Other Ridley between fans is ridiculous enough itself and shouldn't of even had to have existed. There's modern designs of other characters that people don't like nearly as much compared to their older ones too, but usually don't get made such a deal out of like this.

AndreaAC

Am not really a fan of the whole "hate art" having to deal with any form of Ridley, so I guess I'll just more or less ignore the next ones that get posted like I've kinda been doing. *shrug*

The schism of regular and Other Ridley between fans is ridiculous enough itself and shouldn't of even had to have existed. There's modern designs of other characters that people don't like nearly as much compared to their older ones too, but usually don't get made such a deal out of like this.
I'm so sorry...really....but like i have said many times....i can't help it...and some people in here prefer if i show Ridley being aggresive than if i do not draw him like that.....but, i will stop for a while....

and i will get your request done at some point....but i actually need my left hand to rest....

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
xD maybe i will...and....what do you mean by "rodley/oridley and not ridley or at least redley?" xD
Rodley/oridley = omega ridley, redley - meta ridley. Its just shorter and if roidley got a shorter name, why they shouldn`t?..and just for fun...
And yes, its not a really good thing to draw hate art about ridley in any form because its still ridley. Especially against classic ridley. Everyone doing that must be promptly shot (yeah, kinda like saying that because those data logs are hilarious, right?).
And for those who dislikes Roidley`s colors and beak more than anything else in his design, but likes ZM colors and a normal beak:
For those, who likes SM concept art/red colors more:

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ridley stuff gets way out there.

I always called Ridley as a catch-all for the first Ridley, with Other Ridley being the Other M Ridley and a catch-all for Other M and Fusion Ridleys. Then I usually went with Meta Ridley(Prime 1), Meta Ridley II(Prime 3), Omega Ridley, Ridley Reborn(Super Metroid), Other Ridley or sometimes Roidley(Other M), Ridley X(Fusion).

AndreaAC

Rodley/oridley = omega ridley, redley - meta ridley. Its just shorter and if roidley got a shorter name, why they shouldn`t?..and just for fun...
And yes, its not a really good thing to draw hate art about ridley in any form because its still ridley. Especially against classic ridley. Everyone doing that must be promptly shot (yeah, kinda like saying that because those data logs are hilarious, right?).
xD oh, ok, i did not know that it was the shorter version of his forms names...i always just call those Meta and Omega....and i choose Omega Ridley because...um, maybe because Other M comes after Prime 3? not in the timeline, i know, but in release...xD or just because...

oh, i do not show any hate for the Original one and his forms....just for Roidley....because i do not consider it in any way related of the Original...but, i will stop, until i find another reason for it....

well...now to put Ridley to sleep...

W2A571_0D6E1945AAD0A_000.gif

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Getting back to this... Not quite a screen cap, but here:

View attachment 12399

Slowed down the last couple dozen frames when Ridley achieves liftoff. The animation cuts off too early to know exactly what he's doing. Single/double jump? Recovery? Or if a boss, some sort of attack animation?
Ok I had to bring this back up again.....He is definitely jumping! You can see that he is gaining altitude BEFORE his wings actually flap! Thats kinda a big deal.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Goodness. I certainly have to give you folks credit, having this much faith when the bell has already rung and the loser has been dragged from the ring (albeit only in silhouette).

Personally, I'm rooting for Ridley as an addition to Project M, now. God knows they'd handle him a thousand times better than Sakurai ever would, and it would be the Ridley we all know and love rather than Roidley. Either way, I wanted you guys to know that I'm still here with you in spirit, although I believe Ridley's chances are infinitesimal at this point. Good luck, everyone. I really hope y'all can prove me wrong.

...although the competitive spirit in me kinda hopes he's just in Project M. I do fear that, were he introduced to Smash 4, he would suffer a severe case of Mewtwo Syndrome.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Personally, I'm rooting for Ridley as an addition to Project M, now. God knows they'd handle him a thousand times better than Sakurai ever would, and it would be the Ridley we all know and love rather than Roidley. Either way, I wanted you guys to know that I'm still here with you in spirit, although I believe Ridley's chances are infinitesimal at this point. Good luck, everyone. I really hope y'all can prove me wrong.
Me too since i like Project M and i won`t have to pay for anything again to play as ridley since i already own SSBB. And i hope that if he will be in Project M they will use ACTUAL MODEL OF RIDLEY, not vertex/model hack because it would look better (i already posted 1 screenshot of a unfortunately failed attempt of Ridley charizard alt and it looks good more-or-less...at least better than vertex and model hack we have right now) and that model has more bones and better proportions. So, Ridley for Project M!..!..?

AndreaAC

:c hey...that wouldn't be fair....why they have to put Ridley playable in something i do not have?

it would be frustrating seeing many playing as Ridley with the proyect M thingy while im just watching....

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
:c hey...that wouldn't be fair....why they have to put Ridley playable in something i do not have?

So they shouldn't make him playable in any game at this point?

UltimateWario

Smash Master

it would be frustrating seeing many playing as Ridley with the proyect M thingy while im just watching....
Do you have Brawl? And a computer?

Then you have Project M, too. :p

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm so sorry...really....but like i have said many times....i can't help it...and some people in here prefer if i show Ridley being aggresive than if i do not draw him like that.....but, i will stop for a while....

and i will get your request done at some point....but i actually need my left hand to rest....
Eh, it's fine. I may have overreacted a little. Not faulting you or anyone in particular, but... yeah. Just wanted to give my opinion on the whole thing since we were on the subject again. :\

And again, it's alright. I know you will eventually... So you're left-handed huh? I've always been a righty.

And for those who dislikes Roidley`s colors and beak more than anything else in his design, but likes ZM colors and a normal beak:
For those, who likes SM concept art/red colors more:
Surprisingly, the brown looks good on er... Roidley. Red though, not so much. Red's my favorite color too so that should kinda say something.

Goodness. I certainly have to give you folks credit, having this much faith when the bell has already rung and the loser has been dragged from the ring (albeit only in silhouette).

...although the competitive spirit in me kinda hopes he's just in Project M.
Oh hey, welcome back. Good to see ya again.

My heart can't take speculating Ridley anymore for SSB4 (just expecting the worst while hoping for the best), but I do wish others would give more attention to supporting him for Project M, especially after the earlier April fools tease. The joke should be on the P: M team now, to do what Sakurai probably will not at this point.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
My heart can't take speculating Ridley anymore for SSB4 (just expecting the worst while hoping for the best), but I do wish others would give more attention to supporting him for Project M, especially after the earlier April fools tease. The joke should be on the P: M team now, to do what Sakurai probably will not at this point.
I know a few people are treating him as a shoo-in. He is the most unanimously chosen character, after Isaac, who has more support due to his practically nil chances for Smash 4, and one that would likely enrich the metagame (which is what Project M is all about). After all, Project M is, at heart, a game that is built to do what Sakurai didn't/refused to.

Although he'd obviously be a lot of work, I do think he's quite likely now that his Smash 4 chances are down to almost nothing. The PMBR isn't really known for its tendency to back down from challenges that they know would please their fans. If we're lucky, this "April Fool's Joke" will turn out like last year's and be real.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Eh, it's fine. I may have overreacted a little. Not faulting you or anyone in particular, but... yeah. Just wanted to give my opinion on the whole thing since we were on the subject again. :\

And again, it's alright. I know you will eventually... So you're left-handed huh? I've always been a righty.
My brain does not let me get over it.....so im sorry....again

and yeah, im left handed....that might explain some stuff, since im under the control of the spirit of destruction...the Crazy Hand....

Last edited:

AndreaAC

:) well if the worst happens (i hope it does not)....i will check the proyect m thingy, that if my laptop does not explode with it.....or my Crazy Hand and I will be happy to see the world burn....so GIVE ME MY RIDLEY!

Crazy_Hand.png

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In the end, I'm okay with Ridley not being playable.

Disappointed, yeah. But nothing worth getting upset about.

The smug detractors are what put a bad taste in my mouth....

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
In the end, I'm okay with Ridley not being playable.

Disappointed, yeah. But nothing worth getting upset about.

The smug detractors are what put a bad taste in my mouth....
Maybe the bad taste in your mouth is the bile that rises because you're trying to suppress just how upset you actually are.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe the bad taste in your mouth is the bile that rises because you're trying to suppress just how upset you actually are.
You're right...

RIDLEY SAMA FORGIVE ME!

I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND MY TRUE FEELINGS!

AndreaAC

You're right...

RIDLEY SAMA FORGIVE ME!

I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND MY TRUE FEELINGS!
N2A571_0D486E429C146_000.gif

"z..Z...z........I forgive you....just don't disturb me while I'm sleeping ever again....or I will bit your head off..."

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I haven't played many Metroid games myself. I've seen footage and read about most of the games, but regretfully, the only one I've gotten the chance to play is Super Metroid. Still, I know enough about Metroid to love it, and Ridley would be a freaking awesome character to play as in Smash. I've known about Metroid and Ridley for as long as I've owned Melee, and despite having extremely little knowledge of Metroid until a while after getting Brawl, I immediately recognized him when I got to his boss fight in the Subspace Emissary, and I've wanted him playable since then.

I would honestly not be all that upset without a playable Ridley at this point if it weren't for too bigots. Proving angry, unreasonable, disrespectful people like Nintend0Ultra would be extremely satisfying.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

But you don`t have SSB4 either...yet...so, there isn`t much difference and i think brawl and wii costs less than wii u and ssb4 will.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Just.. Awesome!

Also, so many iconic moves!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would honestly not be all that upset without a playable Ridley at this point if it weren't for too bigots. Proving angry, unreasonable, disrespectful people like Nintend0Ultra would be extremely satisfying.
My thoughts too, I wouldn't mind a non-playable Ridley(just like I don't mind with Zoroark), but the problem is Shokio and his pets, they need to know that they don't own the reason, that they are humans and humans are wrong all the time, if not, in the next game they'll continue to argument against Ridley, this needs to stop and the only man alive that can do this is Sakurai

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I've probably said this before, but I just want a few Newcomers that I actually wanted in the game. So 2-3 of my own picks and a revamped Ganondorf is all I'm really asking for. If I can't have Ridley, at least give me K Rool and/or Mewtwo and/or Takamaru.

I'm not opposed to the inclusion of any of the confirmed Newcomers (I find WFT and Greninja especially intriguing). I'm pleased with the roster thus far, but I can't get truly excited until I see some of the names on my wishlist.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I remember Sakurai saying in the direct "The Super Smash Brothers series brings the greatest Nintendo characters together in one place there's nothing quite like it"

Ridley is in I believe 8 games in the Metroid series alone. Thats not even counting him being in every Super Smash game, showing up in Dead or Alive, Nintendo Land, comics and so on. Such a super popular character.....He more then qualifies being considered one of the "greatest Nintendo characters of all time". I am very optimistic we will be seeing him at E3. I'm one of the few people that thinks the whole shadow thing helped his chances.

Top Bottom