• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Peter5747

Smash Cadet
I would advise you to actually pay attention to what is being said. I am of the opinion that Ridley is more than likely not going to be playable at this point. I was inquiring as to why Ultra was apparently mocking a certain artist we have on this forum for liking Ridley. Aside from that, neither you nor Ultra have actually said anything about why Ridley is a stage hazard, in your opinion. So, again, pay attention please. If you'd like to actually have a civilized debate, I'm all for it.
Did you see the smash direct? Boss character ridley flying around.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Damn, I came in voicing my opinion in a calm fashion...
And then other people come in and call you all fanboys in a bottomless pit of denial?
Sorry for bringing that over here, I really didn't mean to do that.
You guys know I love Ridley, any other idiot who decided to bash on him because I said. I don't expect him should be ashamed.

Peter5747

Smash Cadet
Did you see E3, Toon Link was standing in the background. :troll:
toon link is confirmed. Ridley is a boss character

Damn, I came in voicing my opinion in a calm fashion...
And then other people come in and call you all fanboys in a bottomless pit of denial?
Sorry for bringing that over here, I really didn't mean to do that.
You guys know I love Ridley, any other idiot who decided to bash on him because I said. I don't expect him should be ashamed.
No one is bashing ridley, he simply doesn't belong in a fighting game especially smash bros

Last edited by a moderator:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I still think there's a possibility in the different Ridleys argument, e.g. Other M Ridley as a Boss and a different Ridley as a character.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Did you see the smash direct? Boss character ridley flying around.
Well, I'm probably not the best person to actually argue for Ridley against you, as I do technically agree with you. However, more steadfast Ridley supporters may argue that we don't truly know for sure what it is we saw in the Direct. It is heavily implied that what we saw was yet another form of a boss character, which in this case would be Ridley. However, we didn't see Ridley himself, apart from a shadow. So, it remains within the realm of possibility that Sakurai, being the extreme troll he is, actually showed a playable Ridley on the stage, and is simply making us think that it is a boss. I'll admit, I find that a little hard to believe, but it's possible. But again, I'm not the best person to debate Ridley's chances with. There are a number of other people here with stronger faith in Ridley who would be more suitable.

No one is bashing ridley, he simply doesn't belong in a fighting game especially smash bros
...What other fighting game could Ridley actually be in besides Smash? I would think Smash would be the one fighting game he DOES belong in, due to being a Nintendo All-Star.

Last edited:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Guys...

Guys...

GUYS...

Do not be naive as to think these guys are here to actually have civil debate. I don't mean "let's start something".
I mean don't get baited.

I wanna know why this thread's view could has suddenly shot up to 32 people. Are... are they expecting something other than the usual Ridley talk?

Just think about it. Recognize the typical patterns of discussion and where they're gonna lead if things continue down this ol' beaten path.

Also fine time for there to be no moderators around. ~_~

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Actually, it happened to be you I was talking about.
Ridley DOES deserve to be in this game: he's an iconic Nintendo character from a large series that needs more representation.
If Sakurai doesn't see that then that's a shame: we'll just root for him next time.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
One thing I've thought about: who is Pikachu supposed to be fighting? You have to have 2 characters in a match, so where is the hidden person if Ridley is indeed a boss?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Guys...

Guys...

GUYS...

Do not be naive as to think these guys are here to actually have civil debate. I don't mean "let's start something".
I mean don't get baited.

I wanna know why this thread's view could has suddenly shut up to 32 people. Are... are they expecting something other than the usual Ridley talk?

Just think about it. Recognize the typical patterns of discussion and where they're gonna lead if things continue down this ol' beaten path.

I know, that's why I've been laughing here the whole time, because it's fun messing around with these guys. :laugh:

Peter5747

Smash Cadet
Guys...

Guys...

GUYS...

I mean don't get baited.

I wanna know why this thread's view could has suddenly shot up to 32 people. Are... are they expecting something other than the usual Ridley talk?

So we are being naive for saying ridley is nothing but a boss character ok lol

D

Deleted member

There is the door. Leave
Seriously, you just keep contradicting saying that Toon Link is confirmed and Ridley is a boss, just leave

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
One thing I've thought about: who is Pikachu supposed to be fighting? You have to have 2 characters in a match, so where is the hidden person if Ridley is indeed a boss?
Good point wow why didn't I think of that. If there were 2 characters Ridley seemed to be picking on Pikachu.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I'm here on smashboards to see if someone can convince me that Ridley is still playable after the Direct. Anyone?
Well, to be fair, the information shown at the Direct is so vague, one can't come up with a definitive answer. I mean, there are some observations that people made that may lead one to believe that Ridley may not be, in fact, a boss, but a playable character. Such observations include Ridley's behavior, which doesn't seem to stay to true to that of other Smash Bros bosses, or the fact that lava may actually be the stage's main hazard, rather than Ridley.

But honestly, it's all too vague to truly verify Ridley's status. So for now, we're in some kind of a "playable/hazard until proven otherwise" mood. Not jumping into conclusions until Sakurai states the final words on the situation.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Aww, don't let them leave yet. The fun's just starting...
I'll be frank.

I'm kind of tired of the way some Ridley supporters handle themselves around detractors. You call it "fun". I call it "getting baited and not knowing how to deal with it".

Do you think others here are "having fun" watching you guys leap headfirst into the same old eye-rolling cycle of quarreling that produces nothing? I seriously doubt it. The only people enjoying it are those who like bickering and those on the outside spectating and thinking of one or both sides as fools.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I'll be frank.

I'm kind of tired of the way some Ridley supporters handle themselves around detractors. You call it "fun". I call it "getting baited and not knowing how to deal with it".

Do you think others here are "having fun" watching you guys leap headfirst into the same old eye-rolling cycle of quarreling that produces nothing? I seriously doubt it. The only people enjoying it are those who like bickering and those on the outside spectating and thinking of one or both sides as fools.
I'm afraid that in order to please my dark and ancient masters, I will have to continue encouraging discord.

COME AT ME, SMASH BROS

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I hate people that troll other people characters, I dont like little mac and thats why I am not on there boards. People in this section don't need to be lectured on the chances let them hope

Peter5747

Smash Cadet
Ridley fanboys bottom line is this. Get it through your thick skulls. He will not and does not make sense to be in the new smash bros. He is just a boss character. Stop coming up with every excuse in the book lol

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wth is going on in this thread?

like can't you just understand that his situation is the same as the one after the potd quote and this is fact.

playable or not is opinion both are possible but idk how the direct helped him because the other possibility is still there. seriously, it might ot might not be playable stop assuming the favorable side because Sakurai is likely messing with us but how?

please stop flaming each other.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Ridley fanboys bottom line is this. Get it through your thick skulls. He will not and does not make sense to be in the new smash bros. He is just a boss character. Stop coming up with every excuse in the book lol
Why can't an space dragon be in a fighting game? Too big? Sentinel feels offended

Sakurai just showed the yellow devil and then said "Other boss characters may appear in other stages" showed a shadow ridley that is very small compared to his other m counterpart, Also I would like you to explain why is sakurai teasing ridley like this (not using it has an argument that he is playable, just want to know your point of view)

Last edited:

Peter5747

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Ya better get use to seeing that little mac icon. I am not going anywhere. I am here to stay to. Like I said Ridley will not be in smash bros.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
We are the headstrong ones?

Not the guy that insists in making the same point over and over without realizing that it's not valid, despite everyone else saying so?

It was US, who were ACTUALLY making valid observations on this, and actually admit that NO DEFINITIVE ANSWER has been given thus far, and that all we have are hypotheses?

Wow, you just blew my mind. Congrats.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
At the end of the day does it really matter what we think? I mean your so sure your correct why try to convince us if he's in or not? Why not just be satisfied with your victory that your so sure you won. What do you have to gain here?

Peter5747

Smash Cadet
Why can't an space dragon be in a fighting game? Too big? Sentinel feels offended
Bringing up marvel vs capcom doesn't prove your point. Failure

Sakurai just showed the yellow devil and then said "Other boss characters may appear in other stages" showed a shadow ridley that is very small compared to his other m counterpart, Also I would like you to explain why is sakurai teasing ridley like this (not using it has an argument that he is playable, just want to know your point of view)
Failure

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom