• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
How the Rate Their Chances thread is going thus far:

View attachment 12270

Seriously, I can get all the drops in likelihood, but in WANT as well?
I haven't set foot in the RTC thread lately, for obvious reasons depicted here. Palutena has been my most wanted character since the beginning of this game's hype, but idk, something about wanting a character that's practically a shoe-in by all intents and purposes feels less and less exciting as time goes on.

With Ridley, there's a very real risk to being his supporter. At this time, as the image shows, just about everybody has given up on him. If you ask me, that's all the more reason to keep believing for Ridley, because it feels a lot more special to support the underdog then a character that the general community is expecting.

And, should Ridley in fact get the proper limelight he deserves at the end, the payoff for us, the small yet determined group who never gave in to detraction, will be far greater then any other character in Smash history.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Sakurai clearly said there will be other bosses you fight on stages when Ridley showed up... How can anyone NOT see that as a confirmation Ridley is not a playable character?
Confirmation bias. When people really want something to be true they tend to only acknowledge evidence that supports it, or interpret evidence to the contrary in a way that makes it appear to support their position. Ridley is a very touchy subject when it comes to SSB speculating as everyone knows, so it's unusual to find anyone with an objective view.

Chase

Smash Ace
I haven't set foot in the RTC thread lately, for obvious reasons depicted here. Palutena has been my most wanted character since the beginning of this game's hype, but idk, something about wanting a character that's practically a shoe-in by all intents and purposes feels less and less exciting as time goes on.

With Ridley, there's a very real risk to being his supporter. At this time, as the image shows, just about everybody has given up on him. If you ask me, that's all the more reason to keep believing for Ridley, because it feels a lot more special to support the underdog then a character that the general community is expecting.

And, should Ridley in fact get the proper limelight he deserves at the end, the payoff for us, the small yet determined group who never gave in to detraction, will be far greater then any other character in Smash history.
Couldn't have said it better.

I originally panicked when I saw the direct (as I quote in a texting exchange with my friend following it; "EVERYONE IS DEAD"). But looking more and more at the situation, Ridley isn't down and out yet. So what if some have abandoned us? We are Ridley's underdog supporters, and we will eventually get our pay-off.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
:) i'm still trying to stay positive for Ridley, he's so special for me, that i can't easily let him down.....and like i have heard, if something does not comes out like you wanted (in this case, that Ridley did not appeared confirmed in the direct) something BETTER will come later (Ridley confirmed playable at E3 hopefully)

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I'm still a Ridley supporter, until a real deconfirmation is shown. So **** the police!

Keeshu

Smash Ace
After all the "trolling" Sakurai did during that direct, when Ridley came up I wasn't too worried, but thought it hurt his chances. Then after a while I decided to check into it(since glancing at it with the stream derping you can't really see much), and he seems pretty much confirmed for a playable character as Other M Ridley right now. I'm just hoping for one of the more Classic Ridleys to become an alt costume for him.

AndreaAC

Well, of there was a deconfirmation....it will hurt a bit, but it would not compare to the pain after losing someone of your family you were close to....so i can deal with it...

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Well, of there was a deconfirmation....it will hurt a bit, but it would not compare to the pain after losing someone of your family you were close to....so i can deal with it...
I don't think any character de-confirmation could do that for me, because there's a bunch of characters I love in Smash already. Considering there's about 20 characters that I could easily see being my main(s). It just depends on what the gameplay is like in the new Smash. Nintendo has soo many awesome characters.

AndreaAC

I don't think any character de-confirmation could do that for me, because there's a bunch of characters I love in Smash already. Considering there's about 20 characters that I could easily see being my main(s). It just depends on what the gameplay is like in the new Smash. Nintendo has soo many awesome characters.
I know, for me it is Rosalina, and i just need Falco, Ike and Meta Knight to made it, but before, in Brawl, when i used Zero Suit Samus i always wished i could use Ridley...

I mean, Ridley is the reason why i got into metroid series in the first place....

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I think I figured it out guys....I really think I hit the nail on Sakurai's master plan!!!

Pic of Pyrosphere.

http://mii-gamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-metroid-stage.jpg

Pic of Pyrosphere Final Destination.

http://www.cubed3.com/media/2014/April/smashonline3.jpg

Now I know its been brought up before that the Final Destination doesn't have the lava. Some people think that lava is the hazard.....I think not...I think its whats inside that lava. Pyrosphere is walled off so if lava is filling into it its absolutely gonna fill the stage. Now what boss comes out of lava in Other M? Yes the Vorash!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100617194325/metroid/images/b/b0/Mom_lavaboss.jpg

Now im sure people will say "But the Vorash doesn't show up in Pyrosphere" WELL tell that to these 2 ladies!!! They never show up in Gerudo Valley!

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Super-Smash-Bros..jpg

You could also bring up "But why haven't we seen the Vorash yet?" Cause it would clearly give Ridley away more then he already is!

Don't you see Sakurai is trying in a sense to frame Ridley.....Bookmark this cuz I want all the kudos when im right.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is there anyone who believes Ridley is NOT a stage hazard?

It seems pretty obvious to me the only option for Ridley to be playable is to have him ALONGSIDE being a hazard.

What do you think? Playable only? Hazard only? Both?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

It seems pretty obvious to me the only option for Ridley to be playable is to have him ALONGSIDE being a hazard.

Um... uh... I'm crap at tests... um... UUHHHHH... ALL OF THE ABOVE!!

Xhampi

Smash Lord

I'm 100% sure that Ridley isn't a stage hazard

A boss howewer...

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
Both would be an innovative move.....Ridley could be both playable and stage hazard, just not simultaneously....
Let me explain: Ridley would normally be a stage hazard in the Pyrosphere; however, if someone selects Ridley as a fighter, then there would be NO STAGE HAZARD.

Think of it as a derivation of the Alfonzo meme; instead of being replaced by another background character, Ridley would NOT APPEAR AS A STAGE HAZARD if selected by the player.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Until I see "Pic of the Day : Here's Ridley. He's a stage hazard/boss HHAHAHAHA F U - love Sakurai" on the Smash Bros website, Ridley's a playable character for me.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I copy pasted that original comment here:
In regards to that YouTube comment, and to others who may've mentioned something about Ridley only having two toes... the Ridley silhouette still has the toes of Other M's Ridley.

roidley_3toes.png

AndreaAC

it would be better if it stayed like Roidley as a hazard and Ridley Playable...and it could be simultaneously since Roidley is a clone...but oh well...

@Steelia and yeah, it has Roidley's toes, and looked like 2 toes because he could have done this:

Untitled.png

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Playable only. Nothing else. Maybe playable and a trophy.

fill

20EggsEggs
Now im sure people will say "But the Vorash doesn't show up in Pyrosphere" WELL tell that to these 2 ladies!!! They never show up in Gerudo Valley!
but they are the bosses for the spirit temple, which gerudo valley / desert / spirit temple are all part of the same "part" of the story

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
As someone who's reasons for supporting Palutena include knowing a lot of people want her playable and wanting to see them happy (in fact, it's my biggest reason), it saddens me to see people hyping up Pale Tuna to no end and then just taking a dump all over Ridley and his fans.
Yes, I'm aware it's not a lot of people, it's only a few, but the lesser person in me wants to completely throw all want for Palutena out the window and insult her character to no end just to smite them, but...ugh, that just isn't me. I'd be lying to myself. Because I DO want them to be happy. And I do, at the very least, care somewhat about the character. It kind of stings when the people I want to see satisfied don't give ****s about me.
I mean, really? 0% for "Want?" Not ever a 0.00000...1% acknowledgment just for that liiiitle sliver of compassion in you that could, just maybe, be just somewhat happy to see others so ecstatic? That stings.
Oh well, such is life I suppose. I'm not mad, really. Just a little saddened. Hope they enjoy their Tuna, honestly.

Talk to Cranky he sees all and hears all of the disrespect/spite/jealousy/& most of all the Bull* that is thrown around to these two great iconic legends it really is a divided generation like the John Cena Vs The Rock thing.

Ima leave it for now ima leave it to after E3 Were i will voice my opnion to a certain individual.

Cranky%20is%20a%20G.png

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think I figured it out guys....I really think I hit the nail on Sakurai's master plan!!!

Pic of Pyrosphere.

http://mii-gamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-metroid-stage.jpg

Pic of Pyrosphere Final Destination.

http://www.cubed3.com/media/2014/April/smashonline3.jpg

Now I know its been brought up before that the Final Destination doesn't have the lava. Some people think that lava is the hazard.....I think not...I think its whats inside that lava. Pyrosphere is walled off so if lava is filling into it its absolutely gonna fill the stage. Now what boss comes out of lava in Other M? Yes the Vorash!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100617194325/metroid/images/b/b0/Mom_lavaboss.jpg

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Super-Smash-Bros..jpg

You could also bring up "But why haven't we seen the Vorash yet?" Cause it would clearly give Ridley away more then he already is!

Don't you see Sakurai is trying in a sense to frame Ridley.....Bookmark this cuz I want all the kudos when im right.
You're a genius, but can you just explain why Ridley seemed so large when his shadow was shown. I really want to know.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
You're a genius, but can you just explain why Ridley seemed so large when his shadow was shown. I really want to know.
I have shown this pic many times. Look at Pikachu in Ridley's shadows.

http://i.imgur.com/XpKGpy5.jpg

Now look at Ridley in Brawl.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2008/143/1/2/SSBB__Pikachu_vs_Ridley_by_Cazamanga.jpg

Im not even kidding when I say this Brawl Ridley could literally eat Smash 4 Ridley in 1 bite lol. Thats a HUGE difference!

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
People seriously believe he is NOT a stage hazard.

Astounding.
Hes as much of a stage hazard as Palutena is a trophy. Sakurai never before has been so hush-hush with whenever a character would be playable or not, if its something not playable he would have just shown it instead of teasing it. Again, him toying with Palutena followers proves he is aware of what people are mostly requesting, that and Zero Samus's straight up LOL JK, so I take the whole Ridley thing as another trolling of the fans, getting theyr hopes down just so he can reignite the hype with his reveal, and that whole ,,bosses appear on other stages'' was unrelated to the Pyrosphere, and again, was used simply as a trolling device.

Or Sakurai is trully that oblivious and Ridley is just a stage hazard, that could happen too. I dont think it could be both, but wierder things have happened.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

You've spoken like a true Space Pirate. I salute you, sir.

People seriously believe he is NOT a stage hazard.

Astounding.
That's the power of faith, my friend.

Or delusion. Which ever term you're more comfortable to use to depict us. :p

Last edited:

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
While I really wanted to Ridley to be a playable character it's a little hard to see that happening after the direct. I'll resign to the fact that he's a stage hazard thus curbing my disappointment, at least in that aspect, when the games comes out.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

So...Real.........
So True..........
It Would be like Mewtwo Melee again.....

My.........God..........it only belongs in dreams i swear!
crying-waterfalls.gif

Jigglypuff & Luma

Smash Cadet
It'll be really funny if Sakurai brings a pic that says: "Pic of the Day. Ridley is a stage hazard in the Pyrosphere stage, sorry Ridley fans." Then brings a bonus pic on the same day: "Just kidding, Ridley has been confirmed as a new character in Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, the stage hazard is a character to be revealed in a later date." That could be the biggest troll ever, but that will still show the mystery of the stage hazard in Pyrosphere.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Here's some wordplay I don't think people even thought about.

At the scene when Ridley's shadow is shown.

"Other Boss Appearances"

Why not "More Boss Appearances"?

"Other Boss" = Roidley. Not to mention that it COULD mean "Other Boss Appearances THAN Ridley"
I might be thinking a bit too much out of the box, but i've thought about this for a bit.

D

Deleted member

Good evening fellow Space Pirates, and I'm here with quite possibly the GREATEST thing you could hope for, the funniest thing you will see all night. I almost keeled over from laughing, and I pardon the language, but my God, this was in my inbox and my GOD is it gold:

From a fanboy known as EpicAO:

"Clearly you can't comprehend the fact that you're jealous of Shokio. But why even bother, it's not like you can compete with the goodness and faith in humanity that is by the name of Shokio... So why don't you shut up and acknowledge the fact that no one will ever respect you.
And show pride to your true gender you transgender ****..."

And all because he can't respect my opinion for my own wanted characters in Smash 4...laugh at it. :p
Don't do that, we're better than them, if Ridley is revealed, we shall not rub it into their faces, we shall only feel the hype standing as superiors beings!
Btw, I was at a point I thought you and Shinru202 were the same person, I mean, you two are the BIGGEST(joke) Ridley supporters I've ever seen. Stupid me:facepalm:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Here's some wordplay I don't think people even thought about.

At the scene when Ridley's shadow is shown.

"Other Boss Appearances"

Why not "More Boss Appearances"?

"Other Boss" = Roidley. Not to mention that it COULD mean "Other Boss Appearances THAN Ridley"
I might be thinking a bit too much out of the box, but i've thought about this for a bit.
Interesting never thought of it like that

MagnesD3

Smash Master

I think he could be playable only, hazard only or both. All are likelyish its really too early to tell which is more right though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom