• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
His up special or Final Smash could have them grow to full size to allow indefinite flight.
So he would become a scarier-looking version of Yoshi's Final Smash?

I'm alright with that, though I prefer this one, myself.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As long as he doesn't end up getting a transformation FS I'm fine with it.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Guys, guys.

There's going to be a Nintendo Direct focused on Smash next Tuesday. Yes, you heard right. Focused entirely on Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

It's entirely possible that Ridley will finally darken the skies! (...Or make his big debut, whichever you prefer)

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
This could mean life or death for our Ridley! Everyone say a prayer to the video game gods!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm expecting Mii for it honestly. It's such a good opportunity to explain how they're going to work, they're the only newcomer who'd need that kind of explanation. If there's more than 1 newcomer, then perhaps Ridley yeah.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think you're right about Mii's, but god damn I hope there's one another newcomer (Ridley, Palutena, Chrom, Shulk?) or I'll be a bit disappointed. Waiting two months and getting hyped up for the first ever Smash direct, only to be disappointed by Miis will be a total letdown.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think you're right about Mii's, but god damn I hope there's one another newcomer (Ridley, Palutena, Chrom, Shulk?) or I'll be a bit disappointed. Waiting two months and getting hyped up for the first ever Smash direct, only to be disappointed by Miis will be a total letdown.
There will however be tons of gameplay, explanation of game modes, and probably more than that. I'm not as excited for the newcomer reveal for this Direct as I am for those things, mainly because it likely isn't Ridley or K. Rool.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So, i have been reading every page of this thread just for fun and for all of the awesome/good/cool art that was posted here...yes...all of the 481 pages...and i even remember some of you wanted him to be announced to be confirmed as a playable character 19th/20th of March...which unfortunately didn`t happened.
Like many/all of the Ridley supporters, i believe that the only thing that stops him from being playable character is development team or whatever its called. Not important enough? He is 2nd (3rd because of Chozo, their power suit technologies, metroids and few other things...maybe...) most important character of Metroid series, more important than metroids themselves and just a little bit less important than Samus for obvious reasons. He will be very large target because of the wings and tail? Maybe because of the wings, but tail? Ridley`s tail? Nah, its invincible. Too big? This one has been busted like a myth about ice/frozen bullet by Sakurai/POTD and few characters like Olimar, Kirby, Ganondorf (2x bigger than Link and then suddenly only a bit taller than Snake) and Bowser. Looks weird? Maaaybe, but doesn`t Sonic looks weird with his nose and just his proportions? There is someone better? THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST ICE BULLS I EVER HEARD! There is someone better to rep Metroid series? Well, Dark Samus did nothing important because Samus basicly retconned everything from Prime series, while every other character is either too big and can`t be resized (Kraid, Mother Brain, Phantoon, etc), isn`t important enough (one-shot characters) or just can`t fight (Zoomers, Ceres Scientists, etc). Something else? The only other argument that isn`t total ice bull (those, who played Other M may know what is it) is that...well...Samus threatened developers because she doesn`t wants Ridley to be in SSB4...but thats sounds absolutely not serious.
If he will be in this game, i will buy it and required console as soon as possible. If not, then i will wait until prices will drop.

By the way, some of you may have seen few images and animations of 3D Ridley/Meta Ridley. I am their author and author of 3D Ridley, Dark Samus and Samus for MUGEN. But thats off-topic.

By the way, how big do you imagine him to be? Here is few sizes that may fit:

Can`t wait for this nintendo direct :demon:

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Third most important to Chozo? Which Chozo?

I get that they're important to the series, but specific characters? That's something I've quite literally never heard before.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
there's going to be a Nintendo Direct? when? oh please. i just want to see something that makes it worth to watch it...i don't want something like with Little Mac....I NEED RIDLEY...:sadeyes:

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's definitely a good shot for Ridley! I'm still hanging on to the idea that E3 is more ideal, but I suppose it all really depends on how Nintendo wants to do their stuff this year.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Nintendo Direct on April 8th?

Hey, that's my 18th birthday!

Thanks for the birthday present, Sakurai!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Also something to note is that the Direct will be like the one before, aka more catered to the western time zones... And a character lesser known in Japan then other territories was shown last time.... Ridley is most popular in the west...

Coincidence?

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I returned yesterday night from a 4 days journey with my school class to Milan , sooooooooooo what happened in this four days ?
I noticed the new title and I love it and I am SO F****** HYPED for the SSB4 DIRECT :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

I think Masahiro is going to confirm Ganondorf ,Wario and Ridley after that "villains & e-shop" thing :colorful:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Considering that we have Smash Bros Direct Tuesday, would there be anything aside from Ridley that you're all looking forward to? I personally wouldn't mind them waiting until maybe E3 so that Ridley gets the hype he deserves, and revealing some of the characters from the original Smash Bros that haven't been revealed yet or maybe one or two new characters.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nintendo Direct on April 8th?

Hey, that's my 18th birthday!

Thanks for the birthday present, Sakurai!
Hopefully Ridley's confirmation will be what makes you a man.

Considering that we have Smash Bros Direct Tuesday, would there be anything aside from Ridley that you're all looking forward to? I personally wouldn't mind them waiting until maybe E3 so that Ridley gets the hype he deserves, and revealing some of the characters from the original Smash Bros that haven't been revealed yet or maybe one or two new characters.
Any kind of Metroid representation, gameplay videos, game modes, online mode, release date information and a possible K. Rool or Snake reveal.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Ideally, some more confirmed veterans, some new modes, and hopefully some female or villain reps.

Oh yeah, and a new trailer. I love me some trailers.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
A release date. The sooner we get one, the sooner it can be pushed back two or three times so we can finally get the game

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
All Ridley supporters should gaze their eyes upon this beauty (Ridley). While looking up Dead or Alive controversies, this was what I ran into and Ridley does look pretty hot. The fact that ABC News reported this image on TV was ****ing hilarious. :troll:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Some people have been pointing something out in regards to the Direct's air time. Remember how the Little Mac Direct aired really early in the morning for Japan, most likely because the contents of the Direct was more western oriented? Well guess what, this Direct airs exactly the same time in Japan as the last one did (they don't change to summer time.) What this means is that we should probably not expect a really popular newcomer in Japan like Takamaru or Chrom, and instead there's a higher chance we'll see a more western oriented newcomer as was the case with Little Mac. I'm not saying that Ridley's chances to appear in the Direct suddenly sky-rocketed, but to me it indicates that at least there'd be a reason to show him in this upcoming Direct.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
The lack of character reveal in march sure summoned something even better this month, let's se what's the destiny of Ridley, i bet at least some Physorphere footage will be shown.

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
And just as I was feeling melancholic, Sakurai comes in with a curveball. Well played....

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Third most important to Chozo? Which Chozo?

I get that they're important to the series, but specific characters? That's something I've quite literally never heard before.
Well, if specific characters, then there is no one. Maaaybe those 2 or the one who had idea about life-sucking parasitoid being used against another very dangerous parasitoid, but they aren`t as important as/more important than Ridley. As a race of bird peoples that develop weapons that break all laws of physics along with other dangerous things like metroids and make me wonder whenever or not they are sane - maybe...looks like i didn`t thought about that...

Nah, i think Mario will get cut and we will instead get an X-Parasite mimic or a Skrull imposter guy or something like that. Why not?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What's with the feet in the stage?
Well, its because of...i don`t know, everything in his animation was normal, without clipping through floor. I used Bowser as a base, maybe thats why. THAT and lack of help is the reasons why i abandoned this project. At least i were able to use animations i made for him for MUGEN character. *sigh*

Top Bottom