• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Just a quick question, how much time did that drawing take?
I reckon like an hour or two. Maybe less given that it's Andrea.

Wish I could post some of the drawings I made lately.

Dang scanner wont work though.
Then use the 3DS camera like I have or something?

Ew, those shock puns.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Just a quick question, how much time did that drawing take?
i actually don't remember the exact time it took me to make the drawing, i never look at the clock while im making a drawing....but, let's say that it took me, MAYBE, 15 to 20 minutes....maybe less, maybe more....xD I don't know.....

Oh, also...some of you might remember the painting i did for history class that had Ridley on it (and Samus and Nightmare Moon), since my teacher told me that the colors were too bright, she told me that i had to change them, i took her suggestions of colors, i tried to put them in the painting....and it turned into a complete disaster....and i got so frustrated by the fact that i looked so bad, that i put the painting into the trash....it had no remedy....like i said before...I HATE PAINTING....

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Anyone else kinda... not care too much about this thread anymore? Don't get me wrong, I still support Ridley and will arduously defend him against toobigots and I don't have a problem with the fanbase, it's just... meh. Then again I'm highly argumentative and not very artistic so the recent trends around here aren't much catered to my tastes. Are we doomed to this purgatory of played-out arguments and art shows until the game releases? It's like a hype vampire descended upon me and drained me of my give-a-damns.

I blame Sakurai. He got us really hyped up with the Pyrosphere debut last year and has cut us off since.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Yeah. There's really nothing we can do but sit and wait at this point. I'll generally check back here every once in a while, but there's not much to do around here (or anywhere else on the board, really).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Anyone else kinda... not care too much about this thread anymore? Don't get me wrong, I still support Ridley and will arduously defend him against toobigots and I don't have a problem with the fanbase, it's just... meh. Then again I'm highly argumentative and not very artistic so the recent trends around here aren't much catered to my tastes. Are we doomed to this purgatory of played-out arguments and art shows until the game releases? It's like a hype vampire descended upon me and drained me of my give-a-damns.

I blame Sakurai. He got us really hyped up with the Pyrosphere debut last year and has cut us off since.
I would recommend to visit other character threads they might be worth your time. :p

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I would recommend to visit other character threads they might be worth your time. :p
I'm a "Ridley and K. Rool" kind of guy. Everything else is just noise. Some of us don't just support anything ya know? =3

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm a "Ridley and K. Rool" kind of guy. Everything else is just noise.
Do you want to predict the roster by any chance? Or you just stay with talking Ridley and Rool? Reading new character threads would be a fresh experience aside what has been said here with sizes, irrelevancy, humongous popularity there's nothing that can be done to stop the purple dragon several times.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Do you want to predict the roster by any chance? Or you just stay with talking Ridley and Rool? Reading new character threads would be a fresh experience aside what has been said here with sizes, irrelevancy, humongous popularity there's nothing that can be done to stop the purple dragon several times.
I'm pretty content with my reptile villain duo support. I'm not above showing my (for lack of a better term) anti-support for characters I really don't like though. I don't predict the roster because I would probably be wrong and that's something I can't handle.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
At this point, I'm only interested in seeing Ridley for Smash 4 and/or better physics and mechanics. There's literally nothing else I care about in regards to new stuff, nor do I enjoy speculating or predicting. I'll be picking up Smash 4 regardless though.

AndreaAC

:) i would like to check other threads, but, like @Welshy91 said some of us don't just support anything...If Rosalina wasn't confirmed yet, i would go to see her support thread, but im glad she already is...Ridley is something special, so i can't stop checking the thread that easily...well except when they put that annoying blue on the forums for April fools...it burns my eyes...

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, I've recently become a part of the Miiverse society, so I've been able to experience some of it's anti-Ridley stupidity firsthand. It's really quite amusing. Although at the same time, I wish someone would give me some sort of reason beyond "he's too big." Literally, that's all they say. I ask for reasoning and evidence to back it up, and they just shut down and repeat the only thing they know. Human stupidity is a truly fascinating thing, I think.

Groose

Smash Champion
He's going to E3... he may get the chance to talk to Sakurai! He'll preach toobigotry to the man himself! This is a disaster!

...or he'll be there in person when Ridley is revealed as a playable character.

Disclaimer: I actually like Shokio, and I'm really happy for him that he got the invite.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Tired of waiting for your space dragon pirate thing

You should come help support the next best thing, A FASHION STYLIST

We'll put your Space Dragon Pirate on the runway in the Best of new fashion, He's gonna POP out in our new Mad Jack line~

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

I like the artistic turn this thread had taken, but I've been kinda unhyped in general for awhile now, though for different reasons mostly.

Sorry to hear that about the painting Andrea. Must've been a real downer.. Glad my painting experience didn't turn out like that.

And enough about ****ing Shokio and whatever else. Him going to E3 wasn't something we needed to know in particular.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I feel the same way as you do. Ridley and K. Rool are pretty much the only two characters (everyone else is just icing on the cake) that would compel me to buy SSB4, and the lack of any Metroid or DK related stuff apart from the respective stage and characters is just aggravating. I think part of the reason is that we haven't gotten a character reveal in a looooong time, which makes me hope that the next character is going to be someone huge. ...Har Har?

AndreaAC

I like the artistic turn this thread had taken, but I've been kinda unhyped in general for awhile now, though for different reasons mostly.

Sorry to hear that about the painting Andrea. Must've been a real downer.. Glad my painting experience didn't turn out like that.

And enough about ****ing Shokio and whatever else. Him going to E3 wasn't something we needed to know in particular.
:/ yeah. i was under a lot of stress while i was putting the "new" colors on the painting (i wasn't that pleased with it anyway)....but i will give it one last try, not with paint at all, im going to try to mimic Leonardo da Vinci's sketching style, and probably put Ridley on it, since Leonardo himself had sketched some dragons actually....

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
He's going to E3... he may get the chance to talk to Sakurai! He'll preach toobigotry to the man himself! This is a disaster!

...or he'll be there in person when Ridley is revealed as a playable character.

Disclaimer: I actually like Shokio, and I'm really happy for him that he got the invite.
you know...

:awesome:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Maybe the reason he got the invite was because the person knew Ridley would be confirmed! Lol, I wish.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
To you all how have lost the energy and are tired I think that it is just because we haven't gotten a new character in over a month, not even a returning vet. So I think that as soon as another character has been announced most people will be happier and more energetic.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
To you all how have lost the energy and are tired I think that it is just because we haven't gotten a new character in over a month, not even a returning vet. So I think that as soon as another character has been announced most people will be happier and more energetic.
I might get happier and hype-ier if Falco is revealed, but that's about it.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
Another Comic

Moral of the Comic: Shut the damn door when taking a shower

Zynux

Smash Lord

It's pretty much because there really isn't much to discuss anymore. I believe that we've successfully pretty much stomped any argument against him, and now we just have to wait and see what Sakurai does.

So yeah, we've been stuck in Purgatory and will continue to be stuck in there unless any new information comes out (specifically, either another questionable Pyrosphere picture, which will revive discussion again, or a straight confirmation/deconfirmation of Ridley).

Personally, I'm waiting for my other two mains (Sheik and Zamus), and Mewtwo/Ridley/K. Rool/Palutena to make it in (despite me being very open to possibility of neither of them making it in), and to observe the physics/mechanic changes in Smash 4. Unlike most around here, there is a very good chance I won't buy Smash 4 at all, especially if it just ends up Brawl 2.0 (I didn't buy Brawl until six years after release, used online from some dude on Amazon, and only for Project M, as prior extensive experience with Brawl at friends/family houses convinced me that it wasn't worth the money), as my hype for the game is very low for lots of reasons.

So yeah, just like everyone else, I'm just sitting back and waiting to see what happens. All I can do at this point.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

10006453_598406950240878_1108501609_n.jpg

I tried the best i could... mimic Leonardo's sketching style came out not so acurate for obvious reasons...The tecnics and materials...but this is the best i could do using coffee and water, and a pencil...and to add a bonus, it smells good xD SORRY for the blurry image...the drawing was too...you know....that....to fit on my scanner...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I suppose this has a back story for the comic..?
It's one of those things you have to read/follow the thread regularly for.

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC - I don't know if I've said or implied it, but I've enjoyed this thread a lot more since you joined.

AndreaAC

It's one of those things you have to read/follow the thread regularly for.

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC - I don't know if I've said or implied it, but I've enjoyed this thread a lot more since you joined.
:3 Really? It makes me feel REALLY happy to hear that! :happysheep: xD it was because i turned this into an art thread?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
:3 Really? It makes me feel REALLY happy to hear that! :happysheep: xD it was because i turned this into an art thread?
Well, I'm certainly not complaining.

I'd let talks of art go on for at least another page before returning to things like how Ridley enters a stage, what his trailer will look like, analyzing the Pyrosphere, or debunking the "Too big" argument for the umpteenth time.

Seeing these comics kinda makes me want to do an Odd Couple-style series with Ridley and another Nintendo villain famous for killing the protagonist's family, being relatively unkillable, and being in control of an entity that could potentially destroy the universe...

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Remember when Samus made Ridley lose his head and he just sewed himself back up together because that's a thing he can do well it'll happen.

AndreaAC

Well, I'm certainly not complaining.

I'd let talks of art go on for at least another page before returning to things like how Ridley enters a stage,what his trailer will look like, analyzing the Pyrosphere, or debunking the "Too big" argument for the umpteenth time.

Seeing these comics kinda makes me want to do an Odd Couple-style series with Ridley and another Nintendo villain famous for killing the protagonist's family, being relatively unkillable, and being in control of an entity that could potentially destroy the universe...
Oh yeah...the reveal trailer...damn, i wish i knew at least how to animate in 2D...to show at least how it would look...

and i really want to start a comic about Ridley...i need my vacations....

And i have flipnote...but like i always say....that DAMNED tiny screen doesn't help me...

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
No no, that wasn't for you to like, it was for @ RomanceDawn RomanceDawn but I mean if you liked it without knowing what only he could possibly know then I mean that's fine too.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
No no, that wasn't for you to like, it was for @ RomanceDawn RomanceDawn but I mean if you liked it without knowing what only he could possibly know then I mean that's fine too.
Hahaha! Glad you've read a-head!

So question, am the only one who prefers Ridleys small 2D sized wings? The big wings started in Prime and that's cool but something about the small wings really speak to me. To me they make Ridley look even more menacing. For some reason anyway.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Hahaha! Glad you've read a-head!

So question, am the only one who prefers Ridleys small 2D sized wings? The big wings started in Prime and that's cool but something about the small wings really speak to me. To me they make Ridley look even more menacing. For some reason anyway.
I think the dinky wings could work if they scaled Ridley down (square/cube law and all) but keeping the Brawl scale would make him look silly.

Top Bottom