• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Another set of SNES-styled Ridley size comparison images...

Nice but you do relize you shrank ridley compaired to angelglorys ridley

Speaking of which I would love to see all of the size comparison of the ones done with angelglorys ridley (by him and other users exspecially the one with samus in Ridleys hand)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That comparison keeps reminding me of the MUGEN Ridley by BaganSmashBros

Which also brought up something in regards to the previous voice discussion.
Would a voice like the one used in Ridley's intro fit him?
I'd expect Ridley to sound more sinister, almost snake-like. That voice seems too human-like.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nice but you do relize you shrank ridley compaired to angelglorys ridley
I don't have the Other M Ridley model, so I simply resized SNES Ridley to be more around his NES incarnation's size. It's not exact, but it at least ensures that Ridley would still be taller than Samus while standing up straight.

D

Deleted member

I'd expect Ridley to sound more sinister, almost snake-like. That voice seems too human-like.
So....something on the order of this?

(Kind of hilarious in hindsight after the Gilbert Gottfried jokes)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So....something on the order of this?

(Kind of hilarious in hindsight after the Gilbert Gottfried jokes)
Sort of in that direction, but probably a tad deeper than that.

Also heard a joke last week about Gottfried constantly being casted as annoying birds, and while Ridley isn't quite a bird I still got a better laugh out of it than I probably should :p

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
What's the consensus on Morgan Freeman as Ridley?

"And seizing the opportunity, I gripped Samus by the throat and throttled her savagely until she died. Then, spent, I resolved to return to my lair to rest -- but not to sleep, for that is not a requirement of Xenopterodactyloids such as myself."

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
So how bout that Ridley?
They're just building the stage for him.

I couldn't think of anything related to temples

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is there any way someone could export a T-pose Brawl Ridley model to .obj? .dae? I think those are the most common.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
>__< damn, the forums has too much blue and black! it hurts my eyes...please tell me that tomorrow everything is going back to normal....

Oh, and I hope that i can draw some Ridley stuff later....and its kind of wierd seeing Oasis' Avi without the maid outfit....

AndreaAC

Wow this new look sucks......
A lot.....really, my poor eyes are burning.....I think that's why im glad Omega Ridley wasn't Phazon blue like the concept art....I will call this forum Phaaze II for heavens sake....TOO MUCH BLUE! i can't take it! :hulk:

Last edited:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
:chuckle::chuckle::colorful::colorful:BEST FOrMAT :colorful:EVER !11!!!!!!one!:grin::grin::love::colorful::love::rotfl::rotfl:

by ridleys to big i'm done with this thread and ready to acept reality! if u keep hoping for rildey, your gonna loose like the walugi fanboys! PALUTENA HEAR I COME!! <3<3

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
>__< damn, the forums has too much blue and black! it hurts my eyes...please tell me that tomorrow everything is going back to normal....

Oh, and I hope that i can draw some Ridley stuff later....and its kind of wierd seeing Oasis' Avi without the maid outfit....
Is this new or is it like an Old Look of the forums brought back for April Fools?

AndreaAC

:chuckle::chuckle::colorful::colorful:BEST FOrMAT :colorful:EVER !11!!!!!!one!:grin::grin::love::colorful::love::rotfl::rotfl:

by ridleys to big i'm done with this thread and ready to acept reality! if u keep hoping for rildey, your gonna loose like the walugi fanboys! PALUTENA HEAR I COME!! <3<3
W2A571_0D47BB1966C7C_000.gif

"Nice one!..."

:3 your Ridley icon is cute....

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Doh! Make sense that only M&SG would outdo me in the Rosalina avatar department. Well played mate.

A lot.....really, my poor eyes are burning.....I think that's why im glad Omega Ridley wasn't Phazon blue like the concept art....I will call this forum Phaaze II for heavens sake....TOO MUCH BLUE! i can't take it! :hulk:
lol, Phaaze II. Ironically though I can take all the black and blue, just not everything else with the layout.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Watch the end...

Hell watch the whole thing!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Traitor! How dare you turn your back on Ridley with your blasphemous language, it taints our dear thread and it will not be tolerated!

Ridley fans! I demand this man be punished in the most severe manner possible: Death by Snu-Snu!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Watch the end...

...Are they seriously going to put Ridley in the Project M roster?

Wouldn't that get them under fire from Nintendo regarding SSB4? At this point, I find it highly likely that...

Oh, wait.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
As much as I would like it myself, don't raise your hopes up. Last year they showed a confirmation pic for Pichu on this very day.

AndreaAC

Oh thank God that the forum looks normal again....but my eyes got literally burned......

001.gif

"All that blue.....It....burned....a LOT"

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Bowser was given a normal upright posture so Ridley could drive around like a tank. You'll see.

D

Deleted member

Considering that they did the same thing for Pichu last April Fools (though to be fair, Turbo Mode in itself was shown as a joke), and the same vid had "Ike Climbers" as well as a Slippy mod of Fox, I wouldn't put too much stock into it being a hint.

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
I'm on a twitch stream right now, we're having a Ridley discussion. Everybody in here is totally cool with him. This makes me happy.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Watch the end...

So slippy and a mutation of ike and the ice climbers and unless its part of April fools day Ridley is going to be playable

I woulden't care less about him playable in project m due to being almost guarenteed I want him for smash bros 4

(well if Ridley is confirmed playable for smash bros 4 atleast they will have his moveset down easily)

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Not exactly a master artist like you guys, but I drew up a rough moveset loosely based on OP's moveset.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not exactly a master artist like you guys, but I drew up a rough moveset loosely based on OP's moveset.

Well the special moves aren't too bad. And the Final Smash idea is pretty cool too. Though it might be a little too similar to Pit's or Dedede's Final Smashes. But I'm guessing that Pit's will change like Luigi's has apparently.

Top Bottom