• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...
I've been thinking about this lately...

But do the stages seem to allow more space?

I mean the only one that seems to have any small enclosed spaces is Nintendogs and it doesn't seem too small.

Add that to the fact that Brawl stages might not return...

Do you think Sakurai is upping the maximum height for characters?

Keeshu

Smash Ace
It's possible. Part of me hopes so, because I have a softspot for fighting characters of vastly different sizes in games.
9/10 I like being the small+fast guy, but every now and then I just like crushing enemies that think they are smart enough to avoid my attacks.
They may also have done so, so there's more room to dodge final smashes and more room for them to move around.

Perhaps I just haven't seen enough of it because it usually messes with gameplay balancing, which is something devs usually don't want to mess with.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't think we'll ever get Sentinel-sized fighters, but it is nice to see more variety in stages.

I'm withholding judgment until we can play for ourselves on them.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
fridays trophy pic worry's me a little bit considering sakurai shown that he can troll the fans, it makes it more likely that he troll us with the pyrosphere pics and he actually is a stage hazard.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
fridays trophy pic worry's me a little bit considering sakurai shown that he can troll the fans, it makes it more likely that he troll us with the pyrosphere pics and he actually is a stage hazard.
That was harmless trolling though. There were never any expectations for Phosphora, or w/e she's called, and it was also quite obviously the trophy background. Plus, he revealed his trolling in the same post anyways. I don't see Sakurai having stretched his trolling to 8 months, I'm fairly certain that if Ridley is a stage hazard it wouldn't have been his intention to mess with us like that.

Last edited:
Alright. This might come off as jumping the gun (Because it is) but here are my thoughts on Ridley.

He's....... a lock in.

As in, I'm already damn sure he's getting in already. If I'm wrong well uh, I'll be damned but like I said with Toad, I'm gonna forget about it quickly because there are other awesome movies and games out right now that made me forget about Smash 4 for a while (Still hyped though). Reasons why are because Sakurai's really dumb. The end. Just think about it. If you think I'm setting you up for disappointment then, okay then. I won't force you to read this pointless rant.

I already talked with Johnknight about this but I still gave it a few second thoughts
Ridley's in... because Sakurai sucks at hiding secrets. If I were him, I would have just kept my mouth shut about Pyrosphere instead of making fans anticipate Ridley. He thought that teasing pyrosphere would make fans choke, fans panic.

(Sakurai cannot see these questions but **** it, I'll say it here) Okay genius, answer my next question then. How are you gonna keep the fans nervous? They're not nervous anymore genius. You haven't shown a picture of Ridley which proves for one that what you said in the miiverse post is utter non sense, oh and you're really dumb. Now if you're *ahem* hyping up Ridley to be some stage hazard then you're seriously ********. Oh, and from what I remember, Smash 4 is known for er.. surprises and unpredictability considering the newcomers picked where in like... only 2 of them were actually what we predicted. So far, you messed up Ridley thanks to your "genius" way of making fans choke and feign their deaths and Palutena thanks to that leak (Although I can't blame you for that so... fine). AND YES, that Paluetuna leak's probably right and if I'm wrong then I'm total rank-S dumb nuts. Fine but anyway, if Ridley turns out to be a stage hazard then you really messed up big time.

"But the anticipation for Ridley will be the payoff"

Okay then... Isn't there a better way of teasing Ridley other than him being potentially stage hazard number X (X is not a number, I know)? I don't know... like.... you know... maybe revealing the stage hazard right off the bat and showing that it's not Ridley OR admit that you were dumb and tell 'em that there's no stage hazard if that's the idea the fans are getting? This would usually remove doubts that Ridley will be a stage hazard and he could actually be playable and the only thing that will stand in his way now (And still is) is the possibility of him being reduced to a boss fight (Which honestly is not all that likely) and because of all that adding up, anticipation and (almost guaranteed) assurance is sparked.

"We said that a mysterious enemy from Samus' pasts may emerge at any moment so dat becuz blitz ball arena sphere is guna b used in da Ridly bikes trailer"

Okay, I guess that works.... But wouldn't it better if you --- well you know --- at least posted that teasing message maybe a week or maybe some days before the trailer reveal? So that it will make fans nervous as hell and you can avoid not showing any other images and you don't have to go through the trouble of the skepticism on why Ridley hasn't been revealed yet as a hazard? What I'm suggesting here is basically a better version of what you just attempted now.

Now I'm pretty sure, people think I'm overreacting. Yeah, I guess I am overreacting but I had to vent this out somewhere and I felt that the thread for the certain character I'm focusing on is the right place to vent out unnecessary stuff that doesn't need to be known.
Bottom line : Regardless of my useless rant, I'm still excited for Ridley

Okay, bye.

Edit : Just for the lulz. This is a good reply to my post:

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Well, at least this deconfirms Little Birdie. :awesome:

I mean, it wouldn't do well to have a character that looks almost EXACTLY the same as an item, would it? Besides, Cucco is infinitely better in every way and just as ruthless.

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
AndreaAC must draw some Cuccos beating Ridley :awesome::chuckle:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Are you never positive about anything? So paranoid man. If he makes it he makes it. Ridley trolling already started and if we're lucky it'll be the haters who are trolled.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Alright. This might come off as jumping the gun (Because it is) but here are my thoughts on Ridley.

He's....... a lock in.

As in, I'm already damn sure he's getting in already. If I'm wrong well uh, I'll be damned but like I said with Toad, I'm gonna forget about it quickly because there are other awesome movies and games out right now that made me forget about Smash 4 for a while (Still hyped though). Reasons why are because Sakurai's really dumb. The end. Just think about it. If you think I'm setting you up for disappointment then, okay then. I won't force you to read this pointless rant.

I already talked with Johnknight about this but I still gave it a few second thoughts
Ridley's in... because Sakurai sucks at hiding secrets. If I were him, I would have just kept my mouth shut about Pyrosphere instead of making fans anticipate Ridley. He thought that teasing pyrosphere would make fans choke, fans panic.

(Sakurai cannot see these questions but **** it, I'll say it here) Okay genius, answer my next question then. How are you gonna keep the fans nervous? They're not nervous anymore genius. You haven't shown a picture of Ridley which proves for one that what you said in the miiverse post is utter non sense, oh and you're really dumb. Now if you're *ahem* hyping up Ridley to be some stage hazard then you're seriously ********. Oh, and from what I remember, Smash 4 is known for er.. surprises and unpredictability considering the newcomers picked where in like... only 2 of them were actually what we predicted. So far, you messed up Ridley thanks to your "genius" way of making fans choke and feign their deaths and Palutena thanks to that leak (Although I can't blame you for that so... fine). AND YES, that Paluetuna leak's probably right and if I'm wrong then I'm total rank-S dumb nuts. Fine but anyway, if Ridley turns out to be a stage hazard then you really messed up big time.

"But the anticipation for Ridley will be the payoff"

Okay then... Isn't there a better way of teasing Ridley other than him being potentially stage hazard number X (X is not a number, I know)? I don't know... like.... you know... maybe revealing the stage hazard right off the bat and showing that it's not Ridley OR admit that you were dumb and tell 'em that there's no stage hazard if that's the idea the fans are getting? This would usually remove doubts that Ridley will be a stage hazard and he could actually be playable and the only thing that will stand in his way now (And still is) is the possibility of him being reduced to a boss fight (Which honestly is not all that likely) and because of all that adding up, anticipation and (almost guaranteed) assurance is sparked.

"We said that a mysterious enemy from Samus' pasts may emerge at any moment so dat becuz blitz ball arena sphere is guna b used in da Ridly bikes trailer"

Okay, I guess that works.... But wouldn't it better if you --- well you know --- at least posted that teasing message maybe a week or maybe some days before the trailer reveal? So that it will make fans nervous as hell and you can avoid not showing any other images and you don't have to go through the trouble of the skepticism on why Ridley hasn't been revealed yet as a hazard? What I'm suggesting here is basically a better version of what you just attempted now.

Now I'm pretty sure, people think I'm overreacting. Yeah, I guess I am overreacting but I had to vent this out somewhere and I felt that the thread for the certain character I'm focusing on is the right place to vent out unnecessary stuff that doesn't need to be known.
Bottom line : Regardless of my useless rant, I'm still excited for Ridley

Okay, bye.
I agree with this. Initially it seemed as if Ridley was in danger, but even after a week I began settling down, and now I'm totally down on earth. Characters like Rosalina, Little Mac and Palutena having stages shown beforehand also really helps his chances imo, same goes for Mii and Chrom, though that's likely just me. I don't think Sakurai intended for it to hint at Ridley being a stage hazard though, seeing that the comment was mostly directed at the original scene in Other M and not so specifically Ridley. Then it went through the translator's machine and pooped out as a comment directly face on to Ridley, I doubt Sakurai told Bihldorff to rustle some western jimmies.

Btw, that puffy Elsa avatar fits your post too well.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Just imagined flocks of Samuses attacking Smash Bros. characters.
Or Ridleys. Remember that Ridley's larva form is called "Little Birdie"? Imagine if Ridley and Samus fought in Hyrule Kingdom...

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Hey Ridlians! I'm going to make your day.

This is a Battlefield comparison. As you can see, Smash 4's platforms are farther from the stage than in Brawl. This is reminiscent of Project M and even Melee. What does this mean? Taller characters. And maybe you can't see this, but Rosalina seems to be the tallest on the roster so far, and still leaves a bit of room under the platforms. Some measurements may be off a bit, but I thought I should atleast share the Brawl differences and the fact the size of the platfroms was changed since E3. I made a more in depth post in the stage discussion so, go there if you wanna get more detail.

http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-discussion.324223/page-34#post-16518105

But this raises a big HMMMMMMMMMMM

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Okay I was just thinking that when Sakurai said that an enemy from samuses past could pop in any minute. He is talking about Other M ridley being a stage hazard and a metroid prim or classic ridley being playable since Other M is actually a clone.
It is far fetched and unlikley but it is an idea.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Okay I was just thinking that when Sakurai said that an enemy from samuses past could pop in any minute. He is talking about Other M ridley being a stage hazard and a metroid prim or classic ridley being playable since Other M is actually a clone.
For me...Other Ridley as a hazard and the Classic/Primes one as playable would be perfect. :) So i like the idea

UltimateWario

Smash Master

This is a Battlefield comparison. As you can see, Smash 4's platforms are farther from the stage than in Brawl. This is reminiscent of Project M and even Melee. What does this mean? Taller characters. And maybe you can't see this, but Rosalina seems to be the tallest on the roster so far, and still leaves a bit of room under the platforms. Some measurements may be off a bit, but I thought I should atleast share the Brawl differences and the fact the size of the platfroms was changed since E3. I made a more in depth post in the stage discussion so, go there if you wanna get more detail.

Ooooh.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

I'm very interested in this.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
As long as playable Ridley is announced first, lol.
xD yeah you are right...well i think if they reveal Other Ridley, i will be happy anyway (but not as much), later if i get the game i will have so much fun getting my stress out by killing it as many times as posible since i don't have other m.....xD sorry if i sound too cold or cruel...i don't know

Last edited:

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
That was harmless trolling though. There were never any expectations for Phosphora, or w/e she's called, and it was also quite obviously the trophy background. Plus, he revealed his trolling in the same post anyways. I don't see Sakurai having stretched his trolling to 8 months, I'm fairly certain that if Ridley is a stage hazard it wouldn't have been his intention to mess with us like that.
unless he just naive or think making them a stage hazard will make us happy.

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
I'll go ahead and do a quick editing pass of your story:

[collapse=Revised excerpt]
Ridley is playable in Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS.
[/collapse]

There, much better. Took a bit of work, but I think I managed to bring out the sheen in your prose.

You're welcome in advance. ;)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I'd recommend taking a new pic of Brawl Battlefield. The angles don't match.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
unless he just naive or think making them a stage hazard will make us happy.
I think Sakurai has a better idea of the things we as a fanbase want than most people give him credit for, it's not by pure coincidence that all the most wanted characters except Ridley and Geno were included in Brawl. Sakurai has made odd decisions before, but he'd have to be trying to not know of the enormous demand Ridley has to be a playable character in order to think making him a stage hazard would make us happy.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
well I guess we can see if he cares when it released, if there is a demo at e3 pyroshpere would be a likely stage to be included

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Maybe he's just talking about the Mother Brain Assist Trophy, which could pop in at any minute on any stage.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I think we'll definitely know by E3. And when you think about it, E3 isn't too far away... well for me it isn't. Time certainly flies.

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Oh lordy I done converted me one of them toobigots. The (purple space pirate) lord is good my brothers (and sisters, can't neglect the faithful with lady parts). May we rest in the shade of his glorious, but not too large wings, that shelter us from heathen onslaughts led by false prophets.

I'll give my testimony later.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How long has this thread been a cult? I just want to play as Ridley in Smash bros. Anyway, how hype would it be if he was shown off at E3? It might not be as hype as Megaman, but it'd be pretty cool. Right?:laugh:

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
So I was partaking in intelligent discussion with a good friend and suddenly vile filth erupted from his mouth. "Ridley is too big for Smash Bros. " I was aghast, seeing as my companion was on the wrong side of the fence. My initial instinct was to exterminate his existence because I'll not suffer the presence of heretics. Before I could mete out divine justice on the heathen, compassion stayed my hand. Maybe it's not his fault he's a toobigot. Maybe he was born that way, or was perhaps taught such wicked doctrines. With a single sentence, the light of our lord filled his spirit and he was reborn anew. "If Ridley is too big, Olimar is too small."

Top Bottom