• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So has anyone considered how laggy it would be if there were 4 Ridleys on the 3DS screen.
It doesn't really get laggy with four Bowsers on screen. I don't really see how it would turn out that way with Ridley. Even if it's on a handheld, the 3DS is a decently powerful machine on it's own. So I don't have many worries. Though perhaps it would be cumbersome if we were talking about the Ice Climbers. After all, those are two characters on the screen per player, rather than one like everyone else.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Oh hai everybody, how're you today? Me? Not great, as for some reason this was dropped in my mailbox:

I know we're not exactly super understanding and kind most of the time with Ridley detractors, but my God, this is specifically calling me out, calling me ********, and the comment section is just showing no respect whatsoever.

...thumb it down into oblivion.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I like how that video doesn't even bother to address what you said, it just tries to go for contrast and ultimately ignores why that doesn't matter.

So congrats to whoever made that, you just completely missed the point.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I like how that video doesn't even bother to address what you said, it just tries to go for contrast and ultimately ignores why that doesn't matter.

So congrats to whoever made that, you just completely missed the point.
I've seen him before, he's a hardcore Shokio fanboy who keeps making fun of my Metroid Pinball argument (Although Ridley detractors like to use Spin-off non canon games to say that Bowser works fine at said size)

We can at least be understanding, but the Ridley Detractors just want to be vile at every given moment. He didn't even know how tall Other M Ridley was. They complain about shaving more than a few feet off of Ridley, but that picture did just that, Ridley in that picture, standing straight up, is only a few feet shorter than his actual Other M counterpart. Why is it so hard to realize that Ridley was puny in Other M compared to his other appearances?

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

This would be the BEST DAY EVER for all Ridley fans:joyful:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I just can't believe those kind of people....
facepalm-gif-anime-27.gif

Can't they keep their damn hate inside their heads?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wasn't Bionic completely owned when he came here?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I've seen him before, he's a hardcore Shokio fanboy who keeps making fun of my Metroid Pinball argument (Although Ridley detractors like to use Spin-off non canon games to say that Bowser works fine at said size)

We can at least be understanding, but the Ridley Detractors just want to be vile at every given moment. He didn't even know how tall Other M Ridley was. They complain about shaving more than a few feet off of Ridley, but that picture did just that, Ridley in that picture, standing straight up, is only a few feet shorter than his actual Other M counterpart. Why is it so hard to realize that Ridley was puny in Other M compared to his other appearances?
At this point, I honestly believe that no matter what the hardcore detractors won't listen. It's basically like trying to talk to a brick wall, they don't want to understand so they refuse to listen to any points anyone brings up for him, no matter how good they are or how they refute their arguments. The best we can do at this point is keep making the arguments we're making because our points still stand strong, and we can still convey our opinions to those who want to listen. If those detractors still refuse to even bother to try and understand, then they can remain in their own little bubble.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently he suffers from Short Term Memory Loss as somehow he thinks he's superior, and of course Shokio laughing at me for no other reason than his own ignorance. Also wait...this guy came here? God, you guys must've swamped him.
He raged.

REALLY HARD.

Regardless, don't give them the time of day. He did it just to get a rise out of you.

By being frustrated, you're letting them win.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh hai everybody, how're you today? Me? Not great, as for some reason this was dropped in my mailbox:

I know we're not exactly super understanding and kind most of the time with Ridley detractors, but my God, this is specifically calling me out, calling me ********, and the comment section is just showing no respect whatsoever.

How absolutely pathetic...

If you don't mind me saying this, I think that particular size comparison he used was not your best work. It's certainly not bad, don't get me wrong, but the scale there just seemed a little bit off. However, there are plenty of other examples that you, and several others, have made that look very nice. This is an example of detractors picking out one not-as-good example made by supporters (similar to Shokio's original Brawl mod example) while ignoring the many good examples that have been made. Of course, there's also the fact that the maker of this video does nothing other than show pictures and make insults. No arguing as to why Ridley wouldn't work, just saying that it's stupid. Absolutely pathetic...

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
At this point, I honestly believe that no matter what the hardcore detractors won't listen. It's basically like trying to talk to a brick wall, they don't want to understand so they refuse to listen to any points anyone brings up for him, no matter how good they are or how they refute their arguments. The best we can do at this point is keep making the arguments we're making because our points still stand strong, and we can still convey our opinions to those who want to listen. If those detractors still refuse to even bother to try and understand, then they can remain in their own little bubble.
Alright then, I guess it is kind of a lost cause to hope for anything from them. I mean, they're as human as you and I, to think they'd be able to comprehend common thought processes.

Regardless, as long as Shokio keeps throwing them the bone, we'll never hear the end of it. I wouldn't be surprised if we keep getting "Ridley's too Big" comments if Ridley is included in Smash 4.

He raged.

REALLY HARD.

Regardless, don't give them the time of day. He did it just to get a rise out of you.

By being frustrated, you're letting them win.
Sounds like him. To be honest, I don't think he did it to specifically get a rise out of me, but more along the lines of he wanted to, in the words of Hellsing Abridged's Alucard: "Try to impress Shokio like he was his alcoholic father"

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
There's an ironic trick I love to use with ignorant people. I ignore them.

Unrelated, but why doesn't the OP have an actual supporter list? It just seems like an oversight for a thread of this high caliber.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There's an ironic trick I love to use with ignorant people. I ignore them.

Unrelated, but why doesn't the OP have an actual supporter list? It just seems like an oversight for a thread of this high caliber.
To be fair...

It kinda does. :troll:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh God....i read the comments of the video....I REALLY WISH I COULD SAY THIS TO ALL THE TOOBIGOTS

giphy.gif

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I tried to ignore...I tried...but I just had to, Shokio made a reply trying to shut down my argument with no research or proof aside from a screenshot with a bad camera angle. Please, go look at it and laugh, it is worth your time, I promise you.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I found a member named Blonic on here that made three posts (or rather four, one appeared to have gotten merged with another due to a double post) and hasn't been seen since 2011. He did appear to be against Ridley due to his size, but he didn't seem to be angry in the three posts he made.

EDIT: Here's his page. http://smashboards.com/members/blonic.192177/

Second edit: NEVERMIND I'M BLIND

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I found a member named Blonic on here that made three posts (or rather four, one appeared to have gotten merged with another due to a double post) and hasn't been seen since 2011. He did appear to be against Ridley due to his size, but he didn't seem to be angry in the three posts he made.

EDIT: Here's his page. http://smashboards.com/members/blonic.192177/
The person in question's name is Bionic.

With an "i".

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Regardless, as long as Shokio keeps throwing them the bone, we'll never hear the end of it. I wouldn't be surprised if we keep getting "Ridley's too Big" comments if Ridley is included in Smash 4.
Sakurai has directly stated that size is not important to Smash and we still hear it. I doubt it will ever stop, especially if he is playable. In thousands of years students will study this debate.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
AND I just read the comments section...

There are millions of things that could be said about this, so I'll just go with...

RIdley supporters seem to be significantly more fluent in the English language than Ridley detractors. Who would have guessed?

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings

There are millions of things that could be said about this, so I'll just go with...

RIdley supporters seem to be significantly more fluent in the English language than Ridley detractors. Who would have guessed?
Yeah. It's like they think peppering in some F-bombs and childish insults acts as a substitute for logic and reasoning.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

Thing about Ridley detractors is that most of them are trolls. And trolls have taken the English language and warped it into a new dialect all their own.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hotfeet.

Don't even bother.

You can't reason with these people because they won't let you.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Oh my God, I feel like I'm gonna die from laughter. Is it possible to laugh so much you puke? Because honestly that's what it feels like.

Hotfeet.

Don't even bother.

You can't reason with these people because they won't let you.
Oh don't worry, this isn't about reasoning anymore, this is just about coming out as a superior to Shokio at this point. He's struggling pretty damn bad, he's basically done after saying what Sakurai said, he can't argue with the creator of the game.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh my God, I feel like I'm gonna die from laughter. Is it possible to laugh so much you puke? Because honestly that's what it feels like.
Hotfeet.

I'm serious here.

You should leave it alone.

Your behavior is just as toxic as theirs is.

I don't mean to be rude here and you know that I ultimately respect and support you, but some of your language is ultimately just fueling the fire.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hotfeet.

I'm serious here.

You should leave it alone.

Your behavior is just as toxic as theirs is.

I don't mean to be rude here and you know that I ultimately respect and support you, but some of your language is ultimately just fueling the fire.
Fine, Fine, I'll end it. There's basically nowhere left to go anyways. Yeah, I'll just let them be. Anyways, let's get back to discussing Ridley. Anyone got any drawings to share? I would draw one...but I got Blood work done today. :p (And the replies are now disabled on said comment)

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Fine, Fine, I'll end it. There's basically nowhere left to go anyways. Yeah, I'll just let them be. Anyways, let's get back to discussing Ridley. Anyone got any drawings to share? I would draw one...but I got Blood work done today. :p (And the replies are now disabled on said comment)
Well, I found this. I'm not sure that this will be Ridleys color scheme if he's playable, but it's pretty cool.
image.jpg

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

tbh the Ridley in that image of yours in that video is a little small for my liking anyways, but not to the point I'd call you a ******.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, unfortunately, I don't think there's a whole lot to discuss. This isn't just Ridley, either, it's pretty much all characters at this point. We haven't received any big news on characters or major character de-confirmations lately, so we don't have a whole lot to go on, and most of what we could discuss has been beaten to death already. I'm hoping that will change by the end of this week. (A confirmation of the Pokemon Trainer would be a little nice for Ridley, I guess. It'd show that their perfectly willing to put effort into tricky characters if they want that character in.)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
tbh the Ridley in that image of yours in that video is a little small for my liking anyways, but not to the point I'd call you a ******.
True, it did look a little small, but I did make a new version of it. But even then, he only looks small because he's crouching, although I wish I could make him crouch even more like his artwork in the Other M Japanese guide.

Basically this from the side, but I'll need to shrink the wings, like I did in the repost.

Last edited:
Top Bottom