• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
It could always be delayed, unfortunately, like DKCTF. Hopefully it's ready for an E3 reveal this year.
Also, is your avatar Masked Man, if so, where'd you find that drawing?
Sadly delaying the game is a very possible scenario, but i prefer a delayed rather than a rushed game, but the hopes of the reveals of both game and Ridley are very likely.

And yep, Masked Man is the one of my avi, i found it in tumblr, because it's like deviantart but with an anti-gross weird fetish art filter.

Last edited:

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
no it will be Prime 4 or dkcr3 or star fox for Wii U and 3ds
DKCR3 is another DK game, so what's with the "no" in that reply?
And also, Retro's work is for homeconsole Nintendo games, so I doubt it's going to be on the 3DS, especially when the Wii U needs help.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
DKCR3 is another DK game, so what's with the "no" in that reply?
And also, Retro's work is for homeconsole Nintendo games, so I doubt it's going to be on the 3DS, especially when the Wii U needs help.
Whats with the ''Returns'' still....its like the 3rd ''New'' Super Mario Brothers....(-_-)

majora_787

Smash Hero
I dunno, it COULD be for the 3DS. Metroid doesn't exactly have a whole lot of handheld presence. I mean sure Prime Hunters happened, but that was a good while back.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I dunno, it COULD be for the 3DS. Metroid doesn't exactly have a whole lot of handheld presence. I mean sure Prime Hunters happened, but that was a good while back.
Theres always been a metroid on a handheld so yh....i dunno..a dual annoucement like Sm4sh got would be sweet but too much to ask for?

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
2.5D Metroid ala Fusion on 3DS, Prime 4 with online multiplayer ala Hunters on Wii U. Me want.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's going be another DK game isn't it ? -_-
I really hope so, just to watch the NeoGAF meltdown about how it should be literally any other game.

Donkey Kong Derangement Disease, also known as We Want FPS-itis or Shoulda Been Metroid Syndrome, is no laughing matter.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As expected. Only question now is if it's Metroid, DK, or some new revival like F-Zero or Star Fox. Metroid seems very likely though, given all the hints towards it. However, with Miyamoto's talk about how he thinks Retro can handle multiple games at once, it wouldn't surprise me if they're also planning the inevitable last step in the DKC:R trilogy currently.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As expected. Only question now is if it's Metroid, DK, or some new revival like F-Zero or Star Fox. Metroid seems very likely though, given all the hints towards it. However, with Miyamoto's talk about how he thinks Retro can handle multiple games at once, it wouldn't surprise me if they're also planning the inevitable last step in the DKC:R trilogy currently.
I'm going to bet they're divvying up the studio into an A and B team, the B team probably making the last DKC:R sequel, the A team working on a wholly different IP. They've hinted quite heavily at Metroid, so I'd bet on it being that.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Let's also remember that Nintendo has a tradition of porting DKC console games to handhelds, they did this with the original DKC Trilogy, and recently Returns but porting Tropical Freeze too soon is an overkill imo.
And if i choose between Starfox or F-Zero i would say the later.
Zelda sounds unlikely, because Hyrule Warriors, but who knows, maybe they are making some "minor" zelda games to get us ready for the big deal.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
View attachment 9445

"You are going to die..."

xD here he is!...I may do a real drawing of him like that later
That looks heavy how you done that looks like a Dry bones Ridley hybrid like more than once if i could.

Let's also remember that Nintendo has a tradition of porting DKC console games to handhelds, they did this with the original DKC Trilogy, and recently Returns but porting Tropical Freeze too soon is an overkill imo.
And if i choose between Starfox or F-Zero i would say the later.
Zelda sounds unlikely, because Hyrule Warriors, but who knows, maybe they are making some "minor" zelda games to get us ready for the big deal.
Please

dvvyL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
Behold... My latest masterpiece!

The Space Pirate Elite Commanders!

Tell me what you think guys?

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
I wanted to emphasize on how the other pirate leaders are bigger than Ridley because their size actually is an important part of their character. And because I wanted to give them a bit more presence since I've done so much art of Ridley already.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Sigh. If I can hardly draw chibi Ridley on Miiverse, what chance have I of doing the real thing on there?

It's a start though, I suppose...

majora_787

Smash Hero
I wanted to emphasize on how the other pirate leaders are bigger than Ridley because their size actually is an important part of their character. And because I wanted to give them a bit more presence since I've done so much art of Ridley already.
Phantoon I'm not sure. Phantoon is BEEFIER than Ridley. He is bigger in his return in Other M though. Kraid and Mother Brain are a lot bigger, and I'm pretty sure Draygon is a good deal bigger too.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Behold... My latest masterpiece!

The Space Pirate Elite Commanders!

Tell me what you think guys?
Your Kraid design literally made me say "wow" out loud. Damn I miss him in my Metroid games ;_;

Amazing job, I also really love Phantoon's angle here, really makes him a ton more intimidating. Draygon is also super cool, and another boss I'd love to see return some day.

You make mine look like garbage. ._.
Yours is ****ing great too. Different styles, different appeals, but both really great. Like I saw people say when it was originally posted, this would be the damn best comic ever.

Last edited:

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
@ majora_787 majora_787 Yeah, Phantoon is a bit of a special case. He isn't the biggest boss in Super Metroid but his return in Other M makes him humongous. Never understood that, guess I'll just chalk it up to him being a space ghost (but not Coast to Coast)

@ SchAlternate SchAlternate Your piece is cool too, it has this nice humorous sense to it.

@ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees I miss Kraid too. Brinstar Depths is my favourite Melee stage because of him.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Sigh. If I can hardly draw chibi Ridley on Miiverse, what chance have I of doing the real thing on there?

It's a start though, I suppose...
x3 Awww...you did that little cutie fat Ridley! WELL DONE!

And i think i turned Ridley into something like Ghost Rider....without the bike and the fire on his head, but he breathes fire anyway xD

SCAN0110.JPG

Edit: I added the wings....how did i forgot to add them?....

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
@ majora_787 majora_787 Yeah, Phantoon is a bit of a special case. He isn't the biggest boss in Super Metroid but his return in Other M makes him humongous. Never understood that, guess I'll just chalk it up to him being a space ghost (but not Coast to Coast)

@ SchAlternate SchAlternate Your piece is cool too, it has this nice humorous sense to it.

@ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees I miss Kraid too. Brinstar Depths is my favourite Melee stage because of him.
The way it was explained to me was that Phantoon fed off energy in the abandoned ships he appeared in, and since the Other M ship was larger and had more functioning power Phantoon got EXTREMELY fat off all of that eating.

Also I really like all of this art. I wish I could draw. Just in case my dream doesn't come true through Smash Bros., I could draw Chibi Robo flying Ridley into the sunset. (I'm half joking)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
x3 Awww...you did that little cutie fat Ridley! WELL DONE!

And i think i turned Ridley into somthing like Ghost Rider....

View attachment 9454
Just realized I forgot to include the tail though. :facepalm: Normally I wouldn't but I guess with the tail being that small/short in the original pic, it was kinda easy to overlook with everything else I was doing on it. xD

As for that other Ridley thing I was gonna try sketching next, it may end up being done on Monday or sometime next week at this point. Actually considering now doing one of my next Ridley sketches on pencil & paper instead of some form of stylus & touch screen (photoshop/miiverse), but dunno at the moment if I still got a working scanner or somethin' to effectively post a paper drawing online.

Love the pic, but I wouldn't go that far @ the Ghost Rider comment. For that Ridley would have to be um... Would have to have some kind of skeleton version of himself (like Dry Bones/Dry Bowser) and be on fire... Sounds pretty badass actually, and with how skinny normal Ridley already is, he wouldn't have to be changed up that much.

You guys are really inspiring me to start drawing again and get better, i must say thanks.
Join the club.

You're welcome though.

AndreaAC

Just realized I forgot to include the tail though. :facepalm: Normally I wouldn't but I guess with the tail being that small/short in the original pic, it was kinda easy to overlook with everything else I was doing on it. xD

As for that other Ridley thing I was gonna try sketching next, it may end up being done on Monday or sometime next week at this point. Actually considering now doing one of my next Ridley sketches on pencil & paper instead of some form of stylus & touch screen (photoshop/miiverse), but dunno at the moment if I still got a working scanner or somethin' to effectively post a paper drawing online.

Love the pic, but I wouldn't go that far @ the Ghost Rider comment. For that Ridley would have to be um... Would have to have some kind of skeleton version of himself (like Dry Bones/Dry Bowser) and be on fire... Sounds pretty badass actually, and with how skinny normal Ridley already is, he wouldn't have to be changed up that much.

Join the club.

You're welcome though.
xD well he is not on fire, but he breathes FIRE xD and i made him pure bones....maybe he is already too skinny and it is hard to see the difference xD

:3 and the drawing is cute anyway.....:) do one on paper when you get the chance

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
xD well he is not on fire, but he breathes FIRE xD

:3 and the drawing is cute anyway.....:) do one on paper when you get the chance
Even as redundant as it'd sorta be, both being on fire and breathing fire would be kinda awesome from him, not to mention seeing Ridley do his version of the penance stare... :p

Thanks :3, and not sure when that will be, but I'll... try at some point.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Even as redundant as it'd sorta be, both being on fire and breathing fire would be kinda awesome from him, not to mention seeing Ridley do his version of the penance stare... :p

Thanks :3, and not sure when that will be, but I'll... try at some point.
xD it is kinda funny how you forgot the tail and I forgot about the wings.....

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
As much as everyone is hoping for a prime game, I doubt that's actually what they are doing. DKCR sold like 3 times as much as any of the metroid games so I think they'd either let them do something new, or give them a franchise that could pull in the numbers DK could, metroid is not that series. Personally I've had my fill of the prime games anyway, I'd rather have a new take on side scrolling metroid anyway.

I wouldnt be surprised if they were working on a new Mario game (even though we have a ton already) tanabe was part of Mario 2 so a game set in that world doesn't seem that far out there.

I don't think ridley will be revealed to correspond with any metroid game, I think E3 will be his moment.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
All I can say is, "Wow". It makes me wish I had more free time to do fan art like this, but college life has been extremely busy for me so far.

I can only hope that more of this will show up the day Ridley is (hopefully) confirmed.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
If anything I would like to see how Retro could handle a forgotten IP like Mach Rider with a modern feel to it, a Metroid game would be great but not expected maybe a F-Zero or a Star Fox game are more probable.

.n_n.

Top Bottom