• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Au contraire, it's pretty freaking awesome.
Oh, thanks then, your avatar is great is from SFIV and I suspect you are big fan of boxing and Little Mac?
Would that all the characters in that signature were playable.

Someday...someday...
Well if we are lucky we can get 7/10 in this Smash and for the next one complete the list :p.
.n_n.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Oh, thanks then, your avatar is great is from SFIV and I suspect you are big fan of boxing and Little Mac?
.n_n.
Nah, it just that I tend to update my avatar anytime someone is revealed. It usually involves a mustache.

So, who fits more that description better than Dudley himself? :p

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Nah, it just that I tend to update my avatar anytime someone is revealed. It usually involves a mustache.

So, who fits more that description than Dudley himself? :p
I have never played SFIV, someday I will pick that game and get my a... kicked, so only characters with mustache you are very dandy sir.
.n_n.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
That Kraid art makes me want him in Smash.
Everyone that says he's too big is a hypocrite.
What are you talking about he is too big... Lol I'm just kidding seeing him in smash though would ackward I just can't see him fighting. He would be cool though and that drawing is the best design I've ever seen.
but guarantee he will be in the next metroid and be much more represent able.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
What are you talking about he is too big... Lol I'm just kidding seeing him in smash though would ackward I just can't see him fighting. He would be cool though and that drawing is the best design I've ever seen.
but guarantee he will be in the next metroid and be much more represent able.
We're being too humble in only asking for Ridley. We deserve Kraid too.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, if the Kraid we all know and love can't get in, then how about the NES Kraid? He's only about the size of Samus!

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Kraid as an assist trophy would alright with me
We're being too humble in only asking for Ridley. We deserve Kraid too.
lol this made me laugh. What if kraid got in over Ridley I don't know whether I'd be happy or not. I think someone needs to make kraid thread for the hell of it

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Kraid as an assist trophy would alright with me

lol this made me laugh. What if kraid got in over Ridley I don't know whether I'd be happy or not. I think someone needs to make kraid thread for the hell of it
I'm actually not being facetious for once. I would make a Kraid thread but I already had one thread die on me, my heart can't take it again.

Zynux

Smash Lord
@ Welshy91 Welshy91 Certainly not impossible, but would be much more difficult for people to wrap their head around compared to Ridley, as Kraid's whole body can't even fit on the screen in both Super and Zero. Unless we get Mini-Kraid......

Mini-Kraid for Smash! :troll:

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
How he was supposed to look in metroid prime.. Would have been great but imagine ridley playable fighting kraid as a boss, that would feel weird.
Just these two together though

Welshy91

Smash Ace
@ Welshy91 Welshy91 Certainly not impossible, but would be much more difficult for people to wrap their head around compared to Ridley, as Kraid's whole body can't even fit on the screen in both Super and Zero. Unless we get Mini-Kraid......

Mini-Kraid for Smash! :troll:
If you could all see what I see in my head, we would unanimously agree that Kraid deserves to be in Smash almost as much as Ridley. Then again, seeing what I see in my head may cause unpleasant side effects.

Zynux

Smash Lord
It's alright bro I hear ya. As I said before, it's most certainly not impossible. IMO, I think Kraid's problems aren't even his size, but just the fact that compared to Ridley he doesn't have nearly as much importance to Samus and Metroid as a whole. Still, he's definitely iconic, and is a fan-favorite in the Metroid community, so who knows? :)

Anyways, I guess we need to get back on topic so...

Ridley looks like to be a good size here (again, this is based on Super Metroid, where with the exclusion on the Original Metroid was his smallest depicted size). But I kind of want to point out too that he seems to have good body mass here too. A common complaint of Ridley is that he's a bit too lanky, however I still attest that's because of Brawls model more then actual Ridley.

With Zero Mission's design, besides maybe his waistline he doesn't seem as nearly as lanky as one would think. Powerful legs, muscle arms (nowhere near Other M though), broad shoulders, and his neck doesn't look like two sticks glued together. So I think just about any Ridley design (Super, Zero, Meta or Omega) would work in the game, which is why I keep insisting that Brawl's design overall just isn't good.

Last edited:

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Hey I just thought of something, one comparison that everyone uses is that to of Bowser. Ignoring all of his size fluctuations and just his size in the game they made him a lot taller in the new version, they even commented on that on the very first reveal trailer. This new height even clips through some of the platforms that were on some of the maps, if they did this to Bowser then how is any different from how Ridley would be.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0112.JPG

Just a quick drawing i made out of boredom, with Ridley and Rayquaza combining their beam attacks to send the world to hell.....as simple as that

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
That awkward moment when you realize Andrew D¡ckman, motherflying Andrew D¡ckman, is a TooBigot.

I mean, not like that's a dealbreaker or anything, but egh. It's, again, kind of awkward.

EDIT: Then again, it's not like he takes the whole deal so seriously anyway. He's lucky he doesn't get involved into the usual madness these debates cause. :p

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What I find discouraging is that he laughs it off. He doesn't take it seriously...

Unless, he's frequently like that....

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Have you guys seen GameXplains latest Smash video? The Ridley hate is so strong in those comments. I really hope us Ridley fans have the last laugh....

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I wish I was a Ridley hater. It is just so much easier to hate and say he is too big and blahblah, instead of defending him. The thing is, even though I will likely not play as Ridley if he is in the game, I can't help myself but I wish for him to be in, because he is one of my favorite bosses in games and the main antagonist of one of my favorite Nintendo franchises. I also want to drink the toobigots' salty tears, so that is another good reason for Ridley to be in.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
what i find the most annoying is that the people
Have you guys seen GameXplains latest Smash video? The Ridley hate is so strong in those comments. I really hope us Ridley fans have the last laugh....
but it's good to know - despite the hate - that gamexplain is actually a ridley supporter (:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
IS RIDLEY IN YET?
Okay no? I'll check back tomorrow...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It could always be delayed, unfortunately, like DKCTF. Hopefully it's ready for an E3 reveal this year.
Also, is your avatar Masked Man, if so, where'd you find that drawing?
Not just this mystery game will get delay probably SSB4 as well

If its prime 4 or another metroid game like back on the snes/nes and it's shown at E3 ridley could be a lock for E3

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm starting to wonder if Ridley's inclusion would be received positively or negatively overall....

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm starting to wonder if Ridley's inclusion would be received positively or negatively overall....
I'm like 99.9% sure Ridley would be received overwhelmingly positive. The Too Bigots are so freaking loud, that you would think everyone doesn't like him, but the thing is most people are either somewhat interested or indifferent towards whether he gets in. What's been an important issue on their minds so far is that they have something of a hard time imagining how he would look or walk compared to other characters. But that's really not a problem now because we've had good size comparisons from people like Angelglory, and they seem to be generally well-received.

That awkward moment when you realize Andrew D¡ckman, motherflying Andrew D¡ckman, is a TooBigot.

I mean, not like that's a dealbreaker or anything, but egh. It's, again, kind of awkward.

EDIT: Then again, it's not like he takes the whole deal so seriously anyway. He's lucky he doesn't get involved into the usual madness these debates cause. :p
I'm sorry, but who is he?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That's kind of hard to say... There's certainly a lot of supporters for him, but then there's the very vocal people who strongly advocate against him. And then there's a lot of indifferent people.

However, assuming they do a good job with Ridley and make him an interesting character, I'm sure the overall reception for being able to play as a space-pirate-dragon should be pretty positive.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It kind of depends how many people are going along with it simply because it's a popular thing to do, the ones that do that and have no reason other then that to do will quickly drop the opinion if he were added.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well, Ridley definitely has one of the strongest character popularities in the west and False Sense stated some of those who were ambivalent could be won over if he looks interesting like what happened with Rosalina, so he'd probably be at least mostly positive in reception. When it comes to the detractors it gets a bit harder as we don't know if it's truly a large group or just very vocal. Some could be won over or at least accept him getting in, but then again there will probably still be that small core group that refuses to accept it.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I wanted to emphasize on how the other pirate leaders are bigger than Ridley because their size actually is an important part of their character. And because I wanted to give them a bit more presence since I've done so much art of Ridley already.
Sickest Kraid drawring i have ever seen.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't think it's possible for any character added to Smash to have an overall negative reception, because many forums are riddled with Sakurai apologists who find reasons to praise whatever he does. But Ridley certainly wouldn't get a negative reception in any case; the TooBigotry would be completely and utterly drowned out by the cries of "HOLY ****ING **** IT'S RIDLEY!"

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I would image the ones who would have the most negative reaction to it are those individuals that made a public spectacle about how much they didn't want Ridley as in the YouTube examples we've seen, wounded pride is often one of the hardest things to get over.

Top Bottom