• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

?????????????

Smash Master
Ya know...

I'd actually like to debate Shokio...

No names. We'd keep it polite and everything.

I just think he's not looking at the big picture.
I've tried inviting him to do so more than a few times. He's never once responded to me though.

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Ya know...

I'd actually like to debate Shokio...

No names. We'd keep it polite and everything.

I just think he's not looking at the big picture.

I remember reading in his commets in his Little Mac video one guy says. "Everytime Sakurai reveals a newcomer you don't like, remember at least it wasn't wasted on Ridley." and Shokio responds saying "Truth lol".....Geez maybe Ridley killed his parents too.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I do legitimately wonder what Shokio and Ultra would do if Ridley was confirmed to be a playable character...

?????????????

Smash Master
I do legitimately wonder what Shokio and Ultra would do if Ridley was confirmed to be a playable character...
My guess? Shokio wouldn't make a huge deal out of it. Maybe he'd make a video on it, or maybe he'd just mention it a general video. He might rake on the addition and disagree with it, but I don't think he would flip out.

Ultra would flip out.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My guess? Shokio wouldn't make a huge deal out of it. Maybe he'd make a video on it, or maybe he'd just mention it a general video. He might rake on the idea and disagree with it, but I don't think he would flip out.

Ultra would flip out.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I respect Shokio, even though I think he knows next to nothing about smash, (not limited to Ridley).

Ultra is just...

Ugh......

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I've tried inviting him to do so more than a few times. He's never once responded to me though.
Considering the amount of opposition he's probably gotten in addition to followers, can't say I blame him if he doesn't want to go out of his way to debate against every Ridley supporter that challenges him. The fact he's admitted he wouldn't dare step into this thread because of the flak/death threats he would get says something... Or maybe some of us just scared him off more than he would care to admit. :troll:

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Considering the amount of opposition he's probably gotten in addition to followers, can't say I blame him if he doesn't want to go out of his way to debate against every Ridley supporter that challenges him. The fact he's admitted he wouldn't dare step into this thread because of the flak he would get says something... Or maybe some of us just scared him off more than he would care to admit. :troll:
Fair enough. Can't blame him for that; the dude has over 30,000 subs, and then there's all the other people watching his videos, agreeing or disagreeing, in addition to that.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I wish i could say something about him too, but i never dared to see one of his videos completely, just because I already knew what he was going to say about Ridley since you all talked about it way before i decided to be on this site.....and other reason was that the times i tried to see one of those Ridley videos....it may sound mean, but i laughed to all the faces he made......And when he said that we don't mention Rundas and the others, i thought, I wish Rundas was in Smash too, but he just appeared in prime 3...and for a very short time, and was the first of the three other hunters to die...Ridley was since the very beginning, and he is immortal....

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
They'll just say that he looks weird and untrue to his character. Whether he actually does or not is irrelevant, that's going to be the natural reaction anyway.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I wish i could say something about him too, but i never dared to see one of his videos completely, just because I already knew what he was going to say about Ridley since you all talked about it way before i decided to be on this site.....and other reason was that the times i tried to see one of those Ridley videos....it may sound mean, but i laughed to all the faces he made......And when he said that we don't mention Rundas and the others, i thought, I wish Rundas was in Smash too, but he just appeared in prime 3...and for a very short time, and was the first of the three other hunters to die...Ridley was since the very beginning, and he is immortal....
I'm sorry, who was he again? What makes him more important than the main villain of Metroid?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I dunno, I half wonder if they would try to say they were just joking and make some atrocious attempt at playing it off like it was the obvious choice and they never WERE wrong to begin with.

Not sure if that would be more or less sad to watch.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I'm sorry, who was he again? What makes him more important than the main villain of Metroid?
Rundas was one of the other Bounty Hunters in Prime 3 (alongside cybernetic Ghor and shapeshifting Gandrayda). He has ice-based powers.

You fight him and the aforementioned Hunters in Prime 3. He is no more, and no less significant than the others Hunters, and is certainly not a serious contender for Ridley in terms of series antagonists.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Rundas was one of the other Bounty Hunters in Prime 3 (alongside cybernetic Ghor and shapeshifting Gandrayda). He has ice-based powers.

You fight him and the aforementioned Hunters in Prime 3. He is no more, and no less significant than the others Hunters, and is certainly not a serious contender for Ridley in terms of series antagonists.
Ohhhh. Now I think I remember; I haven't played Metroid Prime 3 Corruption in a very long time, to the point that I've mostly forgotten about it save for the encounter with Meta-Ridley.

I still don't get why he's so popular. Do other Metroid fans seriously believe those characters have a chance?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Ohhhh. Now I think I remember; I haven't played Metroid Prime 3 Corruption in a very long time, to the point that I've mostly forgotten about it save for the encounter with Meta-Ridley.

I still don't get why he's so popular. Do other Metroid fans seriously believe those characters have a chance?
Apparently so.

I currently think the hierarchy of Metroid worthiness is Ridley>>>Dark Samus>>Hunters (Prime 3 and Prime Hunters). Evidently, some perceive the chances of these characters to be the other way around. :p

AndreaAC

:) Rundas may have appeared for a very short time in the game....but he is way better than Anthony or Adam....definitely

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I still don't get why he's so popular.
Christopher Sabat. 'Nuff said.

I am being serious now, guys. This thread is for discussing Ridley and Ridley accessories.

I might look into making a Metroid General Discussion thread in the future, as this happens all too often.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

I made a thread on Neoseeker using Angleglory's size comparisons...

I wonder how they will react.

Now, here's a question.

We all know that compared to other characters Ridley has a lot of requests.

But do the majority of smash fans think he is too big? This is including everyone. Not just here.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So...

I made a thread on Neoseeker using Angleglory's size comparisons...

I wonder how they will react.

Now, here's a question.

We all know that compared to other characters Ridley has a lot of requests.

But do the majority smash fans think he is too big? This is including everyone. Not just here.
Ridley's popular enough to be acknowledged by Japanese fans when looking at overseas requests (according to some sources), so I think the people who are for Ridley are in the majority. It's just that the "Too Bigots" are really, really loud.

Also, we need to consider some things. The majority of Ridley supporters are actual Metroid fans, that is they've played the games, along with some Smashers who have never touched the franchise before. Then there's the other fans of different franchises, who are either "sure, he probably has potential" or "eh, I don't really care for him". For all the negativity Ridley seems to gather regarding "Too Bigotry", I really don't see any sort of hostility from most Smash fans whenever I go to forums. Even GameFAQs seems to have more fans than they do haters, although it doesn't seem that way at first because it's a cesspool of idiocy.

Ironically, I've seen more "Too Bigotry" from the actual Metroid sites, like Metroid Database (although that's admittedly the only one I've visited). It seems to me that he might actually be more favored by the Smash community than he is in some other Metroid fan groups.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

U2A571_0D4D3D7342952_001.gif

"My tail is twitching...."

Another random Ridley gif....i had nothing to do or draw....

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
My guess? Shokio wouldn't make a huge deal out of it. Maybe he'd make a video on it, or maybe he'd just mention it a general video. He might rake on the addition and disagree with it, but I don't think he would flip out.

Ultra would flip out.
I too kind of see Shokio making a video expressing his thoughts on the matter on a rather mature way. He'd probably be kind of annoyed or embarrassed, and likely disagree with some of the choices applied to Ridley (most notably size), but calmly admits that he's been proven wrong.

Ultra, on the other hand, would make a thirty minute rant on which he expresses how the series has been ruined by Ridley's presence and lay the blame on us. :p

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

I am being serious now, guys. This thread is for discussing Ridley and Ridley accessories.

I might look into making a Metroid General Discussion thread in the future, as this happens all too often.
May as well do it (create that thread I mean). I withheld the responses I was gonna make to some of the previous posts here (which are in a saved draft) so as to not steer this place off topic even more... Then I can just post what I was gonna say about Rundas and stuff when you make that thread. :chuckle: M&SG made a thread for Tropical Freeze to keep the K. Rool thread less off-topic, so why not?

AndreaAC

:3 Can someone give me some ideas to draw more Ridley stuff? because i ran out of them since im doing lots of proyects...but i want to give me a free time

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
:3 Can someone give me some ideas to draw more Ridley stuff? because i ran out of them since im doing lots of proyects...but i want to give me a free time
Perhaps you could draw your ideas for his four special moves and his final smash?

Maybe his taunts too!

AndreaAC

Perhaps you could draw your ideas for his four special moves and his final smash?

Maybe his taunts too!
:D OK! Im starting to think.....maybe i will start to do the Ridley sketches tomorrow.... :3 THANK you

Kamiko

Smash Ace

I have a Ridley/Ridley accessory, but I've been reluctant to post it because I'm not sure how much it might change before it's finished.

That aside, I've been wanting a place to discuss general Metroid things for a while. It's really weird that the most passionate fans seem to all be holed up in here.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I don't know how we didn't think of this before, we use reverse psychology and tell Shokio that Ridley is too big. This will trick him into thinking that Ridley would be a viable character choice.
That's all I ever do around here it doesn't really work

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Dang it you guys. Before coming to this thread I was among the indifferent crowd (not a big Metroid fan), but now it's Ridley or bust when it comes to his fate with the roster. :dizzy:

On a separate note, I've discovered that listening to this while on this thread ups the bad***ery to incalculable levels. :shades:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Based on Charizard's size in Smash, we can all say that Sakurai's logic is that "Dragons come in all shapes and sizes." :troll:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I'm not going to answer to shokio because Felicia Fan444 ,Pizzadudemanguy and Cp Ganondorf already did it in their wonderful videos
LET'S GO "MAH SPACE PIRATES BOYS" (p cdi) ,YOU'RE THE ONLY THREE WHO CAN HELP RIDLEY TO CONQUER YOUTUBE !!!

PS : I'm still sad about Waluigi :cry:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I always find it awkward, a lot of people I see say stuff involving Ridley not being worth adding to Smash Bros. as a character have... bizarre wishlists.

"We can't have Metroid's main antagonist, but we can have that blue guy from Kirby's Epic Yarn and Panther Caruso and Chunky Kong and Tails and Eggman and Big the Cat"

"Maybe we can get a goomba and Anthony Higgs and Gohma and Claus and Porky and Duster and Kumatora"

"And MAYBE, JUST MAYBE after we get all those A-list Nintendo stars, we could CONSIDER Ridley but it probably won't happen".

I wish I was exaggerating on that more than I actually was. Hell I've seen real living breathing human beings who think Master Chief is more important to Nintendo than Ridley is, and more worth adding to Smash Bros. Coincidentally a lot of that came from Gamefaqs. That might be the reason.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I always find it awkward, a lot of people I see say stuff involving Ridley not being worth adding to Smash Bros. as a character have... bizarre wishlists.

"We can't have Metroid's main antagonist, but we can have that blue guy from Kirby's Epic Yarn and Panther Caruso and Chunky Kong and Tails and Eggman and Big the Cat"

"Maybe we can get a goomba and Anthony Higgs and Gohma and Claus and Porky and Duster and Kumatora"

"And MAYBE, JUST MAYBE after we get all those A-list Nintendo stars, we could CONSIDER Ridley but it probably won't happen".

I wish I was exaggerating on that more than I actually was. Hell I've seen real living breathing human beings who think Master Chief is more important to Nintendo than Ridley is, and more worth adding to Smash Bros. Coincidentally a lot of that came from Gamefaqs. That might be the reason.
Oi, I think those were trolls you were dealing with. GameFAQs is the last place you want to go to when you want to avoid them.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I was one of those people that thought Ridley would be in Melee after seeing the intro. Sakurai obviously knows he is important... he is the only non-pokemon character (unless you want to count whispy the tree from Kirby and Bob-omb) to be featured in EVERY Smash game and not be playable.

I think there is a good chance that he is in the game, but if he is not, I think it's because Sakurai doesn't think he fits the mold of a playable character, and if that's the case I don't think he will ever put him in this game. So, as long as Sakurai is in charge of Smash, I feel like it's Smash 4 for Ridley or nothing. Anyone else feel this way?

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I was one of those people that thought Ridley would be in Melee after seeing the intro. Sakurai obviously knows he is important... he is the only non-pokemon character (unless you want to count whispy the tree from Kirby and Bob-omb) to be featured in EVERY Smash game and not be playable.

I think there is a good chance that he is in the game, but if he is not, I think it's because Sakurai doesn't think he fits the mold of a playable character, and if that's the case I don't think he will ever put him in this game. So, as long as Sakurai is in charge of Smash, I feel like it's Smash 4 for Ridley or nothing. Anyone else feel this way?
I feel the same thing .... but if he's not playable I'm going to support him for SSB5 the same

Top Bottom