• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
In Ben 10-
*hears boos and hisses*
LET ME FINISH

-this was how Zs'Skayr, a ghost-like alien was able to recreate himself through the Omnitrix as Ben's "Ghostfreak" form. His species is conscious through even the smallest strands of DNA.
My guess is, in Metroid, Ridley's species (or even just Ridley himself) works the same way.
Kinda like Cell from DBZ or sephiroth from how I'm understanding it. It's not that out there since it's been in a number of series.

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Technically it's only lava if it's above the surface. Considering most of her games take place beloew surface, that would be magma.

Also acid.
I guess it's true that one can learn something everyday, now, could you tell me how they got all the magma/lava into the Bottle Ship? please?

Steelia

Smash Champion
If Samus wins the fight, her winning animation should be getting a message from Adam authorizing the use of the Varia Suit :awesome:
"Pic of the day. Now introducing a new mechanic - unlockable moves! Samus is the only character that has this, though. She must wait for commands from Adam before being able to access her Special attacks, so strike her down before she receives any transmissions. Any objections?"

:troll:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
Technically it's only lava if it's above the surface. Considering most of her games take place beloew surface, that would be magma.

Also acid.
you know what would make a great level for the 3ds version?

sector 4 aqa, then we had rising acid, rising acid again, rising lava magma and now rising eletronic water

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Please not a Fusion stage... Or a fusion anything...

Actually I think the last handheld Metroid was Prime Hunters, yeah? Something interesting might come out of that. Who knows.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord

Actually I think the last handheld Metroid was Prime Hunters, yeah? Something interesting might come out of that. Who knows.
But japan doesn't give 2 ****s about the prime series, didn't they make it non cannon or at least seperate, also whats wrong with fusion, fusion was awesome

majora_787

Smash Hero
But japan doesn't give 2 ****s about the prime series, didn't they make it non cannon or at least seperate, also whats wrong with fusion, fusion was awesome
I guess it would be awesome if you ignore all of the bad things about it, yeah. To make it Ridley-related, I'm just saying rotting corpse banshee scream Ridley is in my opinion by far the worse iteration in the entire series.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Well we may get two Metroid stages for both versions, so a Fusion stage is very likely (fusion stage or death) and fricking Skytown from Corruption.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Hunters has like the most dull environment ever, there's nothing that'd work as great stage material really without making it look like super generic sci-fi stuff, since that's all the game has (on top of a generic fire, desert and ice planet.) And that says a lot btw, since I even saw stage potential in Other M.

I'd personally love a Metroid 2 stage, but Fusion would be cool too.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hunters has like the most dull environment ever, there's nothing that'd work as great stage material really without making it look like super generic sci-fi stuff, since that's all the game has (on top of a generic fire, desert and ice planet.) And that says a lot btw, since I even saw stage potential in Other M.

I'd personally love a Metroid 2 stage, but Fusion would be cool too.
I don't know, if Hunters didn't have two actual planets I would agree. But I just don't think games that take place entirely on ships are a good sign for a Metroid game after being witness to Fusion.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I guess it would be awesome if you ignore all of the bad things about it, yeah. To make it Ridley-related, I'm just saying rotting corpse banshee scream Ridley is in my opinion by far the worse iteration in the entire series.
What's bad about fusion for a GBA game it was great

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm terrible at bets, and Sakurai is the master of unpredictability, but I'm pretty sure the best time to reveal Ridley (as playable) would be at E3. Him or Mewtwo. There's no other better time to reveal that kind of hype and get the pre-orders going. On the other hand, if he's a stage hazard or returning boss, can't say when that kind of reveal would happen...
There is 1 other opportunity

If a Nintendo direct is on April 18th or march 19th and sakurai tweets the direct thats a flare gun shot for Ridley might be the new comer (those dates are the super metroid anniversary's April is usa and march is japan)

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
Woop woop moar Ridley for ya, guys.

(can anyone tell me how to make it smaller/thumbnails and how to make spoiler tags? I don't want to inconvenience everybody with huge posts all the time)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Woop woop moar Ridley for ya, guys.

(can anyone tell me how to make it smaller/thumbnails and how to make spoiler tags? I don't want to inconvenience everybody with huge posts all the time)
Code:
[collapse]insert image here[/collapse]
That should work.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I just thought of something, Meta-Ridley is the second to last boss introduced in the subspace emissary, I wonder if it's some kind of hidden reference to the fact that Ridley is nearly always the second to last boss in Metroid games ^^

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Hey, that's actually very true, Mother Brain could have been the Samus' enemy. Way to trick us, Sakurai!
"Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…"
"enemy from Samus's past", mother brain is
"may appear at any second", assist trophies can appear at any second
It definitely makes sense

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
"Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…"
Ok that makes more sense so that may have helped ridley out of the stage hazard pot hole I mean the proof of the stage shown so many times and no sign of ridley it might be that way hazard less or rising lava

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Ok that makes more sense so that may have helped ridley out of the stage hazard pot hole I mean the proof of the stage shown so many times and no sign of ridley it might be that way hazard less or rising lava
Seriously how long ago was the pyrosphere revealed and still no sign of ridley, while the kid icarus stage was revealed after that and we've already seen viridi

Xhampi

Smash Lord
If I remember well the japanese quote talk about how the Pyrosphere is the place where Samus trauma happen.
So it doesn't concern smash to begin with.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
you can never be sure, but i personally don't think ridley is going to be a stage hazard at all. not other m ridley, not a clone ridley, neither ridley if he isn't selected ( and is if he is, fiery jeff takes his place )

heck, the i don't know why people even came up with the whole stage hazard thing; '' an enemy from samus's past may appear any second'' doesn't mean ''an enemy from samus's past may appear any second as a stage hazard masahiro sakurai everybody''

sakurai's quote was so obscure, it could mean anything. sure it could mean mother brain, who has appeared. it could also mean lava, sure what the hell i might have died more times in metroid because of lava than of enemies. it could also mean he was referring to the events of other m, that in the pyrosphere in other m, ridley could appear any second.

but i personally still thinks it means ridley could appear any second, playable. i mean there's been so much build up now. sakurai knows what he's doing, he also knew what he was doing with little mac; the boxing arena, it was right before our eyes the whole time. he also knows people want ridley playable, that's why he hasn't given him away yet, or is going to any time soon i think.

ridley playable in smash has always been a thing, and if it's going to ( finally ) happen this time; it's going to be huge. i expect them to reveal him at e3 2014, not earlier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom