• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
It's in an area from the game where he appears in, Would be all the more fitting really.
But then again, there is Skyloft with TP Link and Zelda.
well, there was an area from metroid prime in brawl, right? and yet, samus kept her super metroid varia design.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
What if they fuse both M:OM Ridley with SM Ridley? They did that with Fox and Falco in Brawl, so I don't see why they can't do the same with Ridley, especially considering his design always receives some tweaks from game to game.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
well, there was an area from metroid prime in brawl, right? and yet, samus kept her super metroid varia design.
I suppose. But then again I don't know much about Metroid (only ones I've played we're Zero Mission, Fusion and Other M) so eh.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Unfortunately, I must raise a counterpoint: Sheik. Spoilers for the end of Ocarina of Time three years after the game came out.

Still, I don't see a mutation gimmick being used.
Yeah, can't argue that one. I was trying to think of other cast members and moves that would constitute as spoilers, but Sheik failed to come to mind.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I don't really think there needs to be an argument set up as to why Sakurai wouldn't incorporate the "growing up" idea. There's a fine line between a unique moveset and ruining a perfectly good character with Wonder Furby and Awkward Lizard. I would like to hope Sakurai knows people want to play as Ridley. As in, The-Dragon-Creature-Who-Has-Been-in-Almost-Every-Game-Without-an-Evolutionary-Chain Ridley.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
that evolution thing is crazy stupid.

however if ridley made a cameo in the next pokemon game I wouldn't mind

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Fuzzley - Normal/Dark - Fur Coat (Hidden Ability: Honey Gather)
"This Pokemon lets others do the fighting for it, then feasts on the remains of the loser. It is often called the most underhanded and despicable Pokemon."

Hairdley - Normal/Dark - Fur Coat (Hidden Ability: Shed Skin)
"Full of adolescent energy, Hairdley actively attaches itself to anything it can find in an attempt to mate with it. It uses its tail to stab its former mates in the face."

Ridragon - Dragon/Dark - Intimidate (Hidden Ability: Tough Claws)
"Cruel and unforgiving, this Pokemon molts from its previous form in secret, then pounces on foes who were previously pursuing it. The largest of all Pokemon."

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Fuzzley - Normal/Dark - Fur Coat
"This Pokemon lets others do the fighting for it, then feasts on the remains of the loser. It is often called the most underhanded and despicable Pokemon."

Hairdley - Normal/Dark - Fur Coat
"Full of adolescent energy, Hairdley actively attaches itself to anything it can find in an attempt to mate with it. It uses its tail to stab its former mates in the face."

Ridragon - Dragon/Dark - Intimidate
"Cruel and unforgiving, this Pokemon molts from its previous form in secret, then pounces on foes who were previously chasing it. The largest of all Pokemon."
"Ridragon is reacting to the Ridragonite"

*WoooOoOooOoOoOO*

*SWOOSH*

Go, Mega Ridragon!

"A huge, metallic Ridragon shrieks*

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Off topic a steel/dragon type would be awesome
Dialga.

Edit: Apparently, someone else had the exact same thought I did at the exact same time.

Great minds think alike.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Fuzzley - Normal/Dark - Fur Coat (Hidden Ability: Honey Gather)

Hairdley - Normal/Dark - Fur Coat (Hidden Ability: Shed Skin)

Ridragon - Dragon/Dark - Intimidate (Hidden Ability: Tough Claws)
"Cruel and unforgiving, this Pokemon molts from its previous form in secret, then pounces on foes who were previously pursuing it. The largest of all Pokemon."
Oh, and I forgot, if Hairdley reaches the level that he evolves at, but then faints in the same battle (before evolving), he regains all of his health and instead evolves into:

Metridley (Meh-TRID-ly) - Dragon/Steel - Tough Claws (Hidden Ability: Regenerator)
"This Pokemon rises from the fallen husk of its previous form and brutally attacks the one who defeated it."

Metridley's Mega Form is Omega Ridley.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Let's say that the next Nintendo Direct will occur on April 18th, the 20th anniversary of Super Metroid's release in North America. What will your reaction be if Ridley is possibly revealed then?

I'd probably scream and shout for joy, but then become cautious over the fact that the next newcomer might be a Fire Emblem rep.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Let's say that the next Nintendo Direct will occur on April 18th, the 20th anniversary of Super Metroid's release in North America. What will your reaction be if Ridley is possibly revealed then?
Probably a long "YEEEEEEEESSS" will escape from my lungs, followed by a "SUCK IT, SHOKIO" or something along those lines.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord

I'd probably scream and shout for joy, but then become cautious over the fact that the next newcomer might be a Fire Emblem rep.
Super Metroid came out on the 19th and ridley would be announced alongside metroid dread for the 3DS

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Super Metroid came out on the 19th and ridley would be announced alongside metroid dread for the 3DS
It was released on March 19th in Japan. What I meant is that on April 18, Super Metroid came out in North America, which just so happens to be in the month which the next Nintendo Direct will air.

Still, a Fire Emblem rep (or even Palutena) could be revealed then, which is why I'm still cautious.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd love for Ridley to be revealed then, particularly since Metroid has a stronger American fanbase then it does in Japan so that would be more meaningful to us then them.

Having said that, you're right that we may just get someone else so I'm not expecting it either.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I can't get past the weird spikes Other Ridley has right next to his eyes. Hope they remove that in Smash.

@ Crocovile Crocovile and all the others on this thread, your work is amazing, all of you are making me jealous.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
It was released on March 19th in Japan. What I meant is that on April 18, Super Metroid came out in North America, which just so happens to be in the month which the next Nintendo Direct will air.

Still, a Fire Emblem rep (or even Palutena) could be revealed then, which is why I'm still cautious.
How do you know there could be a direct in march for all we know since up till january there was one direct every month and march 18th was when the game first launched anywhere so yeah

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
Guess what, Even more art!

Ridley's metamorphosis throughout Other M, while an interesting idea, was not as good as it could have been. Partly because of the designs in my opinion. Tell me if you guys think this is somewhat of an improvement over what we got in that game.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ridley's metamorphosis throughout Other M, while an interesting idea, was not as good as it could have been. Partly because of the designs in my opinion. Tell me if you guys think this is somewhat of an improvement over what we got in that game.
It looks pretty nice.

I honestly don't care if Ridley is evolution-based as long as the real Ridley is legitimately playable without final smashes being involved, and carries over between stocks. Possibly a thing where a combination of elapsed time and sustained damage cause Ridley to change to the next stage, and he heals a little bit of damage (10% going into 2nd stage, 15% going into 3rd stage or something like that). Because I mean, they will be improved design-wise for SSB4. That's a guarantee really.

Though the issue I see is Li'l Birdie, since Ridley has his whole stuff he can do, and even Lizardley has his stuff he can do. But... yeah I dunno.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
while Other M Ridley is better than no Ridley, Super Metroid Ridley is superior to Other M Ridley 1000x over.

that's my opinion on the matter.

also, just because samus was redesigned to match her other M appearance, and because a stage was from other M, doesn't mean Ridley will take his other-M appearance.
Hey, look who isn't ded2me anymore.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Embarrass Late to the party, but I'm... glad at least one lame or tasteless joke I made gave someone a good laugh, let alone that it inspired the making of a glorious drawing such as this.. I'm honored, really.

Like they did for Ridley Kong?... Come again?
xD oh, it is nothing, it is just a quick drawing, but the idea you give me was glorious!

oh, and by Ridley Kong i mean this song

Here, here, here we go
So they're finally here performing for you,
If you know the words you can join in too.
Put your hands together if you want to clap,
As we take you through this space dragon rap.
Huh
R.K. Ridley Kong
He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well,
He's finally back, to kick some tail.
His plasma breath can fire in spurts,
If he shoots ya, it's gunna hurt.
He's bigger, faster, and stronger too,
He's the first member of the Space Pirate crew.
Huh
R.K. Ridley Kong
R.K. Ridley Kong is here.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

Well I love your drawings and your little Ridley concept art remind of this creatures:

.n_n.

Top Bottom